Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

232 days

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

In what........? The GC?!
    Come on Jordan!

(i will be in Enniscorthy for Cheltenham, 20 yards from the actual Rasher Counter that the horse is named after. If it wins they will have patrols on the bridges and roadblocks on the main road!

I will be in it possibly or very close by

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

No gold Cup for the De Rasher Counter. Not good enough. He got outpaced towards the top of the hill on the far side and his jumping went iffy. I thought for a second he had a chance but as soon as they were coming down the hill he got outpaced and looked out of puff. Small horse, they should go for a handicap in March.

Santini did well and he is Gold Cupping now. I knew Bristol wouldn't make it up the hill, he gets 3 miles but always slows up the last furlong considerably.

Be interesting to see what price Delta Work is now. He got sandwiched after the last in the RSA and that cost him a length or two. Given the way he stayed on at Leopardstown he has to have a chance.

Santini into 6's and 7's ( no pun intended ), No price yet from Ladbrokes, greedy phucks.

https://www.oddschecker.com/cheltenham-festival/gold-cup/winner

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Santini into 6's and 7's ( no pun intended ), No price yet from Ladbrokes, greedy phucks.

https://www.oddschecker.com/cheltenham-festival/gold-cup/winner

Ladbrokes now quoting 8's , they are taking him on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

stretchaq wrote: »
    I will be in it possibly or very close by

Dawsons? Donohues?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Dawsons? Donohues?

Drink a bit in donaghues but for Cheltenham will be a few kind away I’d say in Oylegate, would call into the BoyleSports up Duffry to do a place pot each morning

stretchaq wrote: »
    Drink a bit in donaghues but for Cheltenham will be a few kind away I’d say in Oylegate, would call into the BoyleSports up Duffry to do a place pot each morning

Will be there meself

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Get a room!

Thin ice Slattsy!

6 weeks lads
    Holy batf*ck Batman

• Advertisement

I cashed out my De Rasher Counter Gold Cup AP bet, I got 2.59 back, which is remarkable as he hasn't a hope of winning a gold cup now.

I lumped the entire 2.59 immediately on FRODON , win only.

When you all stop laughing..... I think there is a very viable argument on offer.

1) He has 4 course wins, including the Ryanair and the Cotswald chase last year.
    2) The horse has not had a hard season, at all. He was out for feed money his first 2 runs and he won well last time at Ascot, the horse wasn't even fit.
    3) Given the " will he won't he" hype about last years gold cup it is not out of the question that Nicholls has promised connections a crack at it this year.
    4) Bryony Frost - she is great over fences and builds up relationships with horses, I agree she is a whore for the camera and the media, but that is her business and good luck to her.
    5) The horse is a gutsy liddle phucker and never knows when he is beaten, you need that to win Gold Cups. The trip argument has not been factored into his price, he only needs to find another furlong on paper, it is doable.
    6) The trainer - Nicholls knows what it takes. He also does not really have another genuine contender and he knows it. CDO is a flat track monster and Cyrname needs to go right handed.

I know that it is a bit if stretch, he might not even run here, but I think a case can be made and I am having ice cream money nibbles at 25's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I cashed out my De Rasher Counter Gold Cup AP bet, I got 2.59 back, which is remarkable as he hasn't a hope of winning a gold cup now.

When you all stop laughing..... I think there is a very viable argument on offer.

1) He has 4 course wins, including the Ryanair and the Cotswald chase last year.
    2) The horse has not had a hard season, at all. He was out for feed money his first 2 runs and he won well last time at Ascot, the horse wasn't even fit.
    3) Given the " will he won't he" hype about last years gold cup it is not out of the question that Nicholls has promised connections a crack at it this year.
    4) Bryony Frost - she is great over fences and builds up relationships with horses, I agree she is a whore for the camera and the media, but that is her business and good luck to her.
    5) The horse is a gutsy liddle phucker and never knows when he is beaten, you need that to win Gold Cups. The trip argument has not been factored into his price, he only needs to find another furlong on paper, it is doable.
    6) The trainer - Nicholls knows what it takes. He also does not really have another genuine contender and he knows it. CDO is a flat track monster and Cyrname needs to go right handed.

I know that it is a bit if stretch, he might not even run here, but I think a case can be made and I am having ice cream money nibbles at 25's.

If that yoke ever wins a Gold Cup I'll be throwing the telly out the window. The Brits are insufferable enough when he wins egg & spoon races.

2ndcoming wrote: »
    If that yoke ever wins a Gold Cup I'll be throwing the telly out the window. The Brits are insufferable enough when he wins egg & spoon races.

Won't stop the horse winning though? Agreed on the Brits btw, I feel you. The Bryonyfest is never a good watch.

When am i allowed to stop laughing...............:cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Is anyone going over this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭carq

Not for me this year.
    Plan on being on the high stool somewhere what a rake of bets down with the money saved by not going.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Surely Frodon goes for the Ryanair again where he'd have an excellent chance.

Price of the tickets going up year on year. £85 for club is mad money and yes I know you can sneak into it. High stool for myself for the week also

I would certainly not put off anyone from travelling over, it is a great meeting and should be on any enthusiast's bucket list.

I have had it now though. It is too busy and very pricey, for the same money I can go for a week of evening meetings and golf etc in the summer.

You see a lot more from the barstool anyway.

The one exception I would have is if any of the Royal family got in touch and asked me over. Seemingly there are nice leather seats and a free cocktail bar at your disposal in the Royal Box. They will collect you in Baldonnell with the chopper and drop you over as well, they are good like that.

Do ye go to bars that take bets OTC lads?
    A lot of bars have acc's with Bar One and take the bets and pay out which is handy.
    Singles only, but that's fair enough tbh!

Usually watch in walkinstown with a bookie 2 mins walk away or enniscorthy with a bookie next door which is dangerous!
    Always have plenty bets done before it ever starts, usually do singles on handicaps on the day and always do the matched bets in the Star aswell

Note - Pubs in Dublin and Limerick very generous with grub, free bets , a pint for picking winners etc etc
    Pubs in wexford as mean as a cavan man with a bag of peanuts
    Not a scrap will those feckers give you
    Then they give you a dirty look when you bring in a bag of chips for the lads!!!!

• Advertisement

I would certainly not put off anyone from travelling over, it is a great meeting and should be on any enthusiast's bucket list.

I have had it now though. It is too busy and very pricey, for the same money I can go for a week of evening meetings and golf etc in the summer.

You see a lot more from the barstool anyway.

The one exception I would have is if any of the Royal family got in touch and asked me over. Seemingly there are nice leather seats and a free cocktail bar at your disposal in the Royal Box. They will collect you in Baldonnell with the chopper and drop you over as well, they are good like that.

IS THAT YOU GOAT!

IS THAT YOU GOAT!

I would say an afternoon with Zara Tyndall would be some craic.

I would say an afternoon with Zara Tyndall would be some craic.

Wait till Goat tell's Mike what you said

Wait till Goat tell's Mike what you said

Just to clarify. I am not the Goat.

Did you hear she just got a driving ban for speeding? I would say tip of the iceberg stuff with her, all that polo has gone to her head.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-51039925

Just to clarify. I am not the Goat.

Did you hear she just got a driving ban for speeding? I would say tip of the iceberg stuff with her, all that polo has gone to her head.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-51039925

I didn't think you were :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Going over the Monday to Thursday and then I watch the gold cup at home dying a death

Crowds are generally fine it’s a massive place with plenty of space. Although believe gold cup day can get a bit hectic the rest of the days are generally fine and you can move about freely enough

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Going over the Monday to Thursday and then I watch the gold cup at home dying a death

Crowds are generally fine it’s a massive place with plenty of space. Although believe gold cup day can get a bit hectic the rest of the days are generally fine and you can move about freely enough

Gold Cup day is manic. It is too busy. The same can be said for the national at Aintree. You would be lucky to catch the race on the screens.

Busy is fine, but it whacks you out of it.

By the time you get a pint, have a bet, buy a pasty, go to the jacks, have another bet, try find your mates, get drink all over you shirt from some pisshead smashing into you as they run around the place, have a smoke, collect you winnings, find your winnings, meet someone random you haven't met in 20 years, ogled a few fit birds, found the Guinness tent, left the Guinness tent, wondered what the view is like from the Best mate enclosure, checked how far upstairs you can get, gone to the parade ring, found your mates, lost your mates again, had another pint..... the day is basically over.

Then getting out of there.....

Do ye go to bars that take bets OTC lads?
    A lot of bars have acc's with Bar One and take the bets and pay out which is handy.
    Singles only, but that's fair enough tbh!

Usually watch in walkinstown with a bookie 2 mins walk away or enniscorthy with a bookie next door which is dangerous!
    Always have plenty bets done before it ever starts, usually do singles on handicaps on the day and always do the matched bets in the Star aswell

Note - Pubs in Dublin and Limerick very generous with grub, free bets , a pint for picking winners etc etc
    Pubs in wexford as mean as a cavan man with a bag of peanuts
    Not a scrap will those feckers give you
    Then they give you a dirty look when you bring in a bag of chips for the lads!!!!
    Hellhole

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Gold Cup day is manic and that's the day my mate has decided to have his stag over there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

The Mig wrote: »
    Is anyone going over this year?

I wish :( second year in a row not going... damn weddings and mortgage brokers!!

Advertisement