Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you date a single mother?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭kikilarue2

How ignorant...

Says the single mother looking for a sugar daddy

Why the hell would anyone want the wrecked village bike when 18 year old girls are coming on the market everyday

Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

In an ideal situation dating a woman with kids would be no issue. Sure if you like her why not.
    That said... when is it ever an ideal situation in this world? The father could be poking his head around causing you grief. Kids might hate you. Imagine being step-daddy to a moody 14yo who constantly reminds that you are not their daddy. She (mother) will always feel that the kids come first (fair enough on one hand, but that's also not fair to you as well)

I get it... some guys have successful relationships with mothers with kids. But the successul ones don't mean all will be like that.
    At the risk of getting a bashing from other boards members. Just hook up with a mother. Think long... and very hard before anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭pgj2015

In an ideal situation dating a woman with kids would be no issue. Sure if you like her why not.
    That said... when is it ever an ideal situation in this world? The father could be poking his head around causing you grief. Kids might hate you. Imagine being step-daddy to a moody 14yo who constantly reminds that you are not their daddy. She (mother) will always feel that the kids come first (fair enough on one hand, but that's also not fair to you as well)

I get it... some guys have successful relationships with mothers with kids. But the successul ones don't mean all will be like that.
    At the risk of getting a bashing from other boards members. Just hook up with a mother. Think long... and very hard before anything else.

hooking up with her could be risky as well, iv had the chance to hook up with single mothers and chose not to, what if you add to the kids she has:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

pgj2015 wrote: »
    hooking up with her could be risky as well, iv had the chance to hook up with single mothers and chose not to, what if you add to the kids she has:eek:

Buy a condom.and dont be so tight

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭VegetaIRL8e

Interesting topic.
    I've as a single free male dated women with child(ren) that were dependent on their mom. No real issue with it. Relationships just didnt work out for other reasons.

I now find myself contemplating going back into the world of dating, but this time as a single dad and I dont know how I feel about it. Obviously dating a single mom now means 2 kids involved and while that I dont mind I'm more scared of will women with no children date me or are they now a grp that's shut off to me. Would you date a single dad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭pgj2015

_blaaz wrote: »
    Buy a condom.and dont be so tight

the condom could break.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

pgj2015 wrote: »
    the condom could break.:(

Vasectomy my friend, best investment you will ever make.

Nail and Bail with no worries

• Registered Users Posts: 32 tipphunter82

Not all single mothers want a relationship. Some just want some fun at the weekend as they are too tied down to their kid(s) and jobs during the week to have time for a relationship.

It wouldn't be ideal for me personally, but few relationships are absolutely ideal. If you met someone you really liked and got along with as well as being attracted to, you shared the same sense of humour and values, had similar goals and opinions and clicked in every way and they also have a child, it seems like a lot of potential happiness landed in your lap for the sake of adapting to a little person you might get very fond of and enjoy having around anyway.

As for never being the most important thing in the mans life, that's easy. Kids come first, always (or nearly always). If the man didn't put his child first then I'd probably be completely uninterested in him as a person as I don't see that as a positive trait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Not quite single (well, technically he was) but I went out with a separated father before. Never ever ever again.

His kids were spoiled little madams. I met his ex wife a few times and she was lovely. She said to me herself that the kids (her own children remember) were way too spoilt by him.
    She wasn't bad mouthing him or anything. They still got on fine, but it was absolutely true.

• Advertisement

Dated a few single mums..........
    Current and hopefully last girlfriend has no kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Says the single mother looking for a sugar daddy

What are you talking about?
    Why the hell would anyone want the wrecked village bike when 18 year old girls are coming on the market everyday

If that's one of your life goals, good look to you. As for the use of the word "bastard", it's incredibly distasteful and just shows us all the type of person you truly are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

As for the use of the word "bastard", it's incredibly distasteful and just shows us all the type of person you truly are.

says the wrecked village bike with a bonafide bastard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

says the wrecked village bike with a bonafide bastard

Mod note: TeaBagMania, don't post in this thread again.

Buford T. Justice

Advertisement