Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Felix Guzman

Lolalita wrote: »
    Any idea who he was linked to?

Somebody of the same surname was arrested with one of the boylans 18 months ago for false imprisonment and assault.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Prisoner 0922156

Loads of reasons was linked to shootings of mark Desmond and also David Chen Lynch but probably another dozen reasons.

From what I've read, Desmond deserved it.

I think you’d find a lot of people that would agree with that statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lolalita

Somebody of the same surname was arrested with one of the boylans 18 months ago for false imprisonment and assault.

Brothers I'm guessing?

Lolalita wrote: »
    Brothers I'm guessing?

Not sure quite a difference in age quite a common surname in Drogheda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Jeff2 wrote: »
    I see post were deleted about how to set someone as ignored.

On phone at the bottom of the page click full site.
    Then go to the thread and click on that persons name.
    It will show an ignore option so click that.

Cheers for that,2 of the biggest gonks on this thread are on the ignored list

Pretty sure them two people aren’t related but I do think that the man arrested recently was holding the stuff for that side of the feud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Cork_Langer1

Banana langer

Sums up thread

It doesn't sum up the threads or even this one, you and others just don't like that someone has a different opinion to you, throwing your toys out of the pram.
    Thethunder wrote: »
    I think langer is a troll. Don't know what bananas game is.

You think proved proof, I've backed up everything and stuck to it? I didn't troll anyone. If you and the others who are consistently b!tching contribute I wouldn't be posting.

I haven't reported anyone here nor would i, especially in a gangland thread, laughable!
    declanleo wrote: »
    Cheers for that,2 of the biggest gonks on this thread are on the ignored list

I certainly don't care.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,077 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Drop the discussion of posters and get back to the topic

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Thesiger

I feel like we seem to know a lot less about the big players out in west Dublin - Clondalkin, Tallaght, etc. - than on the northside. Doesn’t seem to be as many social media-happy youngfellas involved posting their lives all over the internet.

Anyway, a Longford man with a skin condition was charged with the first, unsuccessful hit on Whelan back in September - https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/man-charged-with-attempted-murder-of-man-who-was-shot-in-west-dublin-gun-attack-38627674.html

While it seems two other Clondalkin men have already been charged in relation to his murder in December. So today’s two would make it four charged so far - https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/men-arrested-in-connection-with-death-of-wayne-whelan-1.4176226%3fmode=amp

Given that Whelan was said to be involved in crime in Clondalkin and Ballyfermot, would it be safe to assume ‘The Family’ who have attracted some media attention lately are likely involved in this in some way?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 281 ✭✭OmarLittle187

Fedcba321 wrote: »
    Pretty sure them two people aren’t related but I do think that the man arrested recently was holding the stuff for that side of the feud

Correct. Even though his sister is or was up until very recently in a long term relationship with a member of the maguire faction

Another gaff in Drogheda raided tonight €18000 of weed seized .

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Prisoner 0922156

Thesiger wrote: »
    I feel like we seem to know a lot less about the big players out in west Dublin - Clondalkin, Tallaght, etc. - than on the northside. Doesn’t seem to be as many social media-happy youngfellas involved posting their lives all over the internet.

Anyway, a Longford man with a skin condition was charged with the first, unsuccessful hit on Whelan back in September - https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/man-charged-with-attempted-murder-of-man-who-was-shot-in-west-dublin-gun-attack-38627674.html

While it seems two other Clondalkin men have already been charged in relation to his murder in December. So today’s two would make it four charged so far - https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/men-arrested-in-connection-with-death-of-wayne-whelan-1.4176226%3fmode=amp

Given that Whelan was said to be involved in crime in Clondalkin and Ballyfermot, would it be safe to assume ‘The Family’ who have attracted some media attention lately are likely involved in this in some way?

They put their own man in there and possibly decided he had to go.
    https://www.rte.ie/amp/1094603/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Human remains have been found on a beach in County Donegal

Anyone gangland related missing?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51552339

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Another gaff in Drogheda raided tonight €18000 of weed seized .

Less than a kilo so. Whoopee doo.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Thesiger

Interesting article, a lot more detail than we normally get. No mention of the “family” though. As usual the Kinahans get randomly name-dropped though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I'd say the chances are slim.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭leko99

The partial document contains details on lower-tier members of the anti-Maguire faction and female associates of some of the leading gang members.

Is Drogheda that big that the Maguires couldnt find out these details themselves?

• Advertisement

leko99 wrote: »
    The partial document contains details on lower-tier members of the anti-Maguire faction and female associates of some of the leading gang members.

Is Drogheda that big that the Maguires couldnt find out these details themselves?

They would know all their main associates it’s probably just to put fear into anyone anyway connected to them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭Hoboo

leko99 wrote: »

Yeah, population 40000, and 80000+ when you take in surrounding villages. To work out exact names and addresses takes the gardai months, let alone a bunch of lads who can't read.

The list is hilarious, its like a menu for the Maguire's. Full names and addresses. One particular girlfriend in Balbriggan driving a 2012 520 and a 152 Audi A6. At 21 years old. She's either sucking his cock or sucking everyones cock, fair play to her.

High Court freezes €52m worth of Bitcoin seized by CAB

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2020/0219/1116299-bit-coin-clifton-collins/

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭beerbellybob

hey-just a Q regarding the GIMs, not ctizing Garda but how do they have exact info that someone will come to harm-in my mind its something like: "we have been listening on wiretaps" or "a confidential informant told us X is going to kill Y" ETC

but then when someone is abducted and dismembered they cant make an arrest or even find the remains?

Just seems like a huge disconnect..we know that you are under threat to the point of issuing one of these but now your dead and we cant do anything???

also in my mind the Garda know exactly who did this but cant make any arrests or even interrogate someone-must drive them mad...

does anyone know what prompts these GIMs?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Dramalama80

hey-just a Q regarding the GIMs, not ctizing Garda but how do they have exact info that someone will come to harm-in my mind its something like: "we have been listening on wiretaps" or "a confidential informant told us X is going to kill Y" ETC

but then when someone is abducted and dismembered they cant make an arrest or even find the remains?

Just seems like a huge disconnect..we know that you are under threat to the point of issuing one of these but now your dead and we cant do anything???

also in my mind the Garda know exactly who did this but cant make any arrests or even interrogate someone-must drive them mad...

does anyone know what prompts these GIMs?
    GIM's are discussed a few pages back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Lord_Slong

Yep, he did. That man was a sick puppy. I've met some evil people in my life, then I met the Guinea Pig. The stuff I witnessed him do and the stuff I heard is awful. His Da was no different. Aside from the double murder, he shot Noel 'handlebars' who was his friend. He was also known to penetrate the bum of young fellas who owed him a few bob.

He'd walk around Ballyer with a sawn off under his coat. He was at a house party and took two 'Guinea Pigs' that belonged to the kids that lived in the house and microwaved them, because he hated the name 'Guinea Pig' that the media put on him.

Thesiger wrote: »
    Interesting article, a lot more detail than we normally get. No mention of the “family” though. As usual the Kinahans get randomly name-dropped though.

'The Family' aren't even the biggest players in Ballyfermot and Clondalkin. They're up there, but they're not the biggest, they're the most organised and prosessional is there's such a thing, but they're certainly not the biggest.

Hoboo wrote: »
    Yeah, population 40000, and 80000+ when you take in surrounding villages. To work out exact names and addresses takes the gardai months, let alone a bunch of lads who can't read.

The list is hilarious, its like a menu for the Maguire's. Full names and addresses. One particular girlfriend in Balbriggan driving a 2012 520 and a 152 Audi A6. At 21 years old. She's either sucking his cock or sucking everyones cock, fair play to her.

The bmw isn’t hers it’s the boyfriends not sure about the Audi ,he used to have a 2015 a6 but cab took it, think the girlfriends family are wealthy though

Lord_Slong wrote: »
    'The Family' aren't even the biggest players in Ballyfermot and Clondalkin. They're up there, but they're not the biggest, they're the most organised and prosessional is there's such a thing, but they're certainly not the biggest.

Who’s the biggest

• Advertisement

Fedcba321 wrote: »
    Who’s the biggest

In Ballyfermot it would be Dee Dee's and an unnamed man who's in custody for a stabbing, their crew. The young lads in their crew are animals, viscous little runts. They've also got their hands in a lot of pies. Ballyfermot is a strange one, for a relatively small place there's a few different gangs operating but a war over drugs turf has never broken out. There's been feuds but never anything over who sold what, and where.

In Clondalkin, not one gang controls it the place is ran by numerous different outfits also operating in sync. Again, plenty of stabbings and gun attacks but none over territory as such. Its quite odd. Ballyfermot and Clondalkin are also side by side in proximity so alot of the same 'big' dealers that supply the street level fellas would operate in both area codes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement