Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭rodmn2377

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Only you would think he would have been arrested about a month ago

Thinking the same myself.. my guess is they have **** all on them and are just arresting for questioning to try and put some pressure on them to see if they give anything away.. wouldn't be 1 bit surprised if there realised in a day or 2.. could be completely wrong but really think if they had a sniff of anything ie DNA etc they would have been arrested ages ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Slowyourrole

No point arresting without all the evidence

A lot of people don't get this. You only get twenty four hours to question someone about a murder. You need to have everything ready beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

rodmn2377 wrote: »
    Thinking the same myself.. my guess is they have **** all on them and are just arresting for questioning to try and put some pressure on them to see if they give anything away.. wouldn't be 1 bit surprised if there realised in a day or 2.. could be completely wrong but really think if they had a sniff of anything ie DNA etc they would have been arrested ages ago.

It takes time to gather evidence and you need to arrest someone who you know you can keep for longer then 24 hours. There's alot of work that would need to be done to get to a point of arrests, if they wanted arrests for arrests sake that would of happened soon after the murder. I'm hoping this is the break through.

It takes time to gather evidence and you need to arrest someone who you know you can keep for longer then 24 hours. There's alot of work that would need to be done to get to a point of arrests, if they wanted arrests for arrests sake that would of happened soon after the murder. I'm hoping this is the break through.

Maybe so but I've a funny feeling these 2 boys will be back on the streets in the 24hrs you have said.. I know there is lots of evidence etc to be gathered but the dogs on the streets know who was involved and because it's so high profile I would have thought they would have lifted these lads up within days especially if they had half of the stuff that there supposed to have ie house were it happened, knives and blood between floor boards... so it has made me think the opposite this is just an arrest to see if they can break any of them into giving some info cause they have **** all... hope I'm completely wrong just my oppion..

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Baymax2020

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Well, the issue is they can't prove murder without a cause of death.

They don't need to prove cause of death if charging with facilitating the murder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Baymax2020 wrote: »
    They don't need to prove cause of death if charging with facilitating the murder.

How can you facilitate a murder, when you cannot prove murder occurred?

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    How can you facilitate a murder, when you cannot prove murder occurred?

Body parts scattered everywhere, blood at the scene of the, weapons used. All points to one thing. Might be circumstantial but enough circumstantial evidence is admissable in court and can stand up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Body parts scattered everywhere, blood at the scene of the, weapons used. All points to one thing. Might be circumstantial but enough circumstantial evidence is admissable in court and can stand up.

Points, but doesn't prove.

You still can't charge someone with murder if you can't prove how the person died.

Points, but doesn't prove.

You still can't charge someone with murder if you can't prove how the person died.

I'm not saying anything about charging with murder.

Link from the Irish Info.

Man pleads guilty to helping facilitate murder
    Updated / Friday, 13 Dec 2019 18:11

Gareth Brophy appeared before the Special Criminal Court today

A 25-year-old man has pleaded guilty at the Special Criminal Court to helping facilitate the murder of David 'Daithi' Douglas.

A 25-year-old man has pleaded guilty at the Special Criminal Court to helping facilitate the murder of David 'Daithi' Douglas.

Ok I think you're missing the point

"Facilitating a murder" by its own definition states a murder has been committed.

Without cause of death it's almost impossible to prove a murder has been committed.

So he can't get charged with facilitating a murder that didn't ( in the eyes of the law) happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Frankc123

Hoboo wrote: »
    Neither cars are hers, we know that. Unless they just don't like spending money they definitely don't have a pot to piss in, their house is a kip.

The 12 BMW is now driving by the leader of the anti Maguire factions ex girlfriend( mother to his first child) he took it off one and gave it to the other and the 152 Audi is his current girlfriends. Her family do have money though. It was his little brother who was supposed to have broke his girlfriends jaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

If you're not in a dodgy whatsapp group at this stage id have to question your commitment to the gangland thread

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Googleyes

Frankc123 wrote: »
    The 12 BMW is now driving by the leader of the anti Maguire factions ex girlfriend( mother to his first child) he took it off one and gave it to the other and the 152 Audi is his current girlfriends. Her family do have money though. It was his little brother who was supposed to have broke his girlfriends jaw.

It's not his first child

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Googleyes

Keane murder gang boss arrested in Spain for breaking girlfriends jaw according to news reports.

It was his younger brother arrested not the first time he battered her around

As Paulie says - there has to have been a murder in order for someone to facilitate it.

As Paulie says - there has to have been a murder in order for someone to facilitate it.

Well it wasn't the coronavirus that done him in

Well it wasn't the coronavirus that done him in

Prove it.

Maybe so but I've a funny feeling these 2 boys will be back on the streets in the 24hrs you have said.. I know there is lots of evidence etc to be gathered but the dogs on the streets know who was involved and because it's so high profile I would have thought they would have lifted these lads up within days especially if they had half of the stuff that there supposed to have ie house were it happened, knives and blood between floor boards... so it has made me think the opposite this is just an arrest to see if they can break any of them into giving some info cause they have **** all... hope I'm completely wrong just my oppion..

Maybe so but 24 hrs isn't going to break a sweat on these guys but putting them away with multiple convictions might be a way to "loosen" them up on a misdemeanor charge which would bring all previous convictions into play. The before mentioned knives, blood and all that might not have forensics if they wore protection and it was only the victims blood. God knows what they have on them but if they can hold them for a sustained period and leak that they are spilling the beans then few could get talking on the outside. Many ways to skin a cat I would guess, check to see how intelligent they really are under the pressure of a life behind bars but in the same breath they could be walking out 2moro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Can someone post the list everyone is talking about again. I remember opening it earlier and now I cant find it.

Its just a list with a few names and their address with a summary of their role in the gang

I'm not going to post it on a public forum, I assume it was deleted earlier

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,093 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

IvoryTower wrote: »
    I'm not going to post it on a public forum, I assume it was deleted earlier
    Yes. No requests or links permitted here

If anyone has any questions PM me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Few lads need reminding -

Corpus delicti is one of the most important concepts in a murder investigation. When a person disappears and cannot be contacted, many police agencies initiate a missing person case. If, during the course of the investigation, detectives believe that he/she has been murdered, then a "body" of evidentiary items, including physical, demonstrative and testimonial evidence, must be obtained to establish that the missing individual has indeed been murdered before a suspect can be charged with homicide.[2] The best and easiest evidence establishment in these cases is the physical body of the deceased. However, in the event that a physical body is not present or has not yet been discovered, it is possible to prove a crime took place if sufficient circumstantial evidence is presented to prove the matter beyond a reasonable doubt. For example, the presence at a missing person's home of spilled human blood, identifiable as that person's, in sufficient quantity to indicate exsanguination, demonstrates—even in the absence of a corpse—that the possibility that no crime has occurred, and the missing person is merely missing, is not reasonably credible.

Fair to say the presence of a head and limbs rules out the missing persons part. John Haigh "The Acid Bath Murderer" was convicted and executed in the 1940s despite having dissolved his victims entirely.

2ndcoming wrote: »

Corpus delicti is one of the most important concepts in a murder investigation. When a person disappears and cannot be contacted, many police agencies initiate a missing person case. If, during the course of the investigation, detectives believe that he/she has been murdered, then a "body" of evidentiary items, including physical, demonstrative and testimonial evidence, must be obtained to establish that the missing individual has indeed been murdered before a suspect can be charged with homicide.[2] The best and easiest evidence establishment in these cases is the physical body of the deceased. However, in the event that a physical body is not present or has not yet been discovered, it is possible to prove a crime took place if sufficient circumstantial evidence is presented to prove the matter beyond a reasonable doubt. For example, the presence at a missing person's home of spilled human blood, identifiable as that person's, in sufficient quantity to indicate exsanguination, demonstrates—even in the absence of a corpse—that the possibility that no crime has occurred, and the missing person is merely missing, is not reasonably credible.

Fair to say the presence of a head and limbs rules out the missing persons part. John Haigh "The Acid Bath Murderer" was convicted and executed in the 1940s despite having dissolved his victims entirely.

Nobody is saying that the prosecution is impossible, just much less likely without a body.

I can think of multiple reasons ( however unlikely) that the body was dismembered without murder taking place, nevermind a half decent lawyer.

I really don't the the DPP wants another very high profile case collapse after the reagency, they'll only charge lads if they have them nailed on.

Just my opinion if course.

2ndcoming wrote: »

Well worth the read, cheers. So the KM murderers can be caught and can be convicted. Be great if they have arrested two of the ppl involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

Maybe so but 24 hrs isn't going to break a sweat on these guys but putting them away with multiple convictions might be a way to "loosen" them up on a misdemeanor charge which would bring all previous convictions into play. The before mentioned knives, blood and all that might not have forensics if they wore protection and it was only the victims blood. God knows what they have on them but if they can hold them for a sustained period and leak that they are spilling the beans then few could get talking on the outside. Many ways to skin a cat I would guess, check to see how intelligent they really are under the pressure of a life behind bars but in the same breath they could be walking out 2moro.

It said on the news at 1 o'clock they can be held for up to 7 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Fantomas9mm

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DonBertie

Any ideas on the 38 year old?

Age not ringing any bells with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ruxon

There's no fueds that have resulted in murders/attempted murders in South/ west Dublin ?? Are u for real . Off hand , I can think of 8 murders from 3 seperate fueds .. get real .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭enricoh

The cops are going with a fine tooth comb at every tiny thing in this case. The fellas involved in this are absolutely screwed I reckon.
    I was told the other day by a cop these lads should be making the most of every day of freedom.
    A lot of pressure on the cops to deliver, every t will be crossed and I dotted for court.

• Advertisement

enricoh wrote: »
    The cops are going with a fine tooth comb at every tiny thing in this case. The fellas involved in this are absolutely screwed I reckon.
    I was told the other day by a cop these lads should be making the most of every day of freedom.
    A lot of pressure on the cops to deliver, every t will be crossed and I dotted for court.

That I do believe.. I'd say they must be under serious pressure.. I hope your right and they go down for it but for some reason I think they might find it very hard to pin this 1 down.. I hope this is shown to me in a week or 2 saying how wrong I was..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement