Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Lads this will sound crazy. After all this chatter, i'm sitting at home watching the snooker and after all thats been said there's a part of me that wants to hop in a cab or bus and go into my old haunts in town and get stuck in. That's what this **** does.

Snooker will do that to ye

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭TwoMonthsOff

NaDeise92 wrote: »
    Personally i've never had really bad comedowns as such off a weekend of it, even after 4 day benders of doing it non stop.

Its more so the problems that arise after it ie. owing out heaps of money and having no way of paying it back to dodgy lads, nose not working for the week.

But your a hundred percent right, any mental health problems it is a wise idea to stay the hell away from it. Will only be a temporary escape and back to reality once the high is gone.

I've always got terrible comedowns, could never sleep the ecstasy was worse than the coke though in that regard... any little issue that I had in my life would he multiplied by a thousand on a comedown, noticeable difference from when I was 18-22 without a care in the world the comedowns were manageable and it didnt matter anyway cause I had the next weekend to look forward to do it all again.

Too much responsibility now for all night coke sessions. That's what saved me.

Great talk lads :)

I've always got terrible comedowns, could never sleep the ecstasy was worse than the coke though in that regard... any little issue that I had in my life would he multiplied by a thousand on a comedown, noticeable difference from when I was 18-22 without a care in the world the comedowns were manageable and it didnt matter anyway cause I had the next weekend to look forward to do it all again.

Too much responsibility now for all night coke sessions. That's what saved me.

This *1000

Man, the fcuking depression went on until Tuesday after a Saturday night rave in the temple. Can't even look at the Mitsibishi car the same ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

When I decided enough was enough I left everyone behind,

Part of the reason not wanting to come off it is having to face up to the mess you have caused. Simple things like not paid bills in years, no home, nothing

Was tough few months to get myself anywhere remotely civilized. Didn’t go into rehab, didn’t go to na, did it all myself

I was able to as I knew I was better than that **** and didn’t want my family to be embarrassed and ashamed anymore

16 years later, I’m working, live a quiet life , have a house and live in constant regret and disgust of my wasted years

Can’t look at myself in the mirror. Would never disclose much more but I’ve seen as much as you can see in these circles

Depressing and shocking stuff and a world im glad I’ve left behind

Almost everyone is dead and from a selfish point of view I’m glad as less people that remember me from those times. Sums up who I am with that rationale

All i can say it's hats off to you for having the willpower to stop. I have all that disgust that you had and live with it every day. Difference is im not away from it and the shame and worry and regret cripples me on a daily basis. Plus something very dangerous happened to me lately that i wont discuss here. I have to stop before its too late but there is no doubt there is a lot of damage done mentally and financially. Being sober with all that regret is horrendous you are spot on. But you mwnaged to stop and i know how difficult that is.

• Advertisement

This *1000

Man, the fcuking depression went on until Tuesday after a Saturday night rave in the temple. Can't even look at the Mitsibishi car the same ;)

Those were the days... I still say the ecstasy was the best buzz I ever had. In the likes of the temple or the vaults with some banging trance, that feeling is unreal. But yeah the comedowns, rough. I lost some amount of weight over a 4 year period. The jeans be hanging off me coming out of the rave :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,687 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

This *1000

The Temple jesus they where the days,
    A Saturday night in Dublin now is completely different than them days,
    You wouldn't be seeing anyone in 800 euro runners or designer gear in the temple u'd think the person was lost,

To be fair id imagine the drug of choice in the temple was yokes for 95% of the people there,

Simpler times

This *1000

Mitsubishis!! Blast from the past. Speckled Doves before that. For me the E scene is almost innocent compared to what came next with tbe devils dandruff. Chalk and cheese. No comparison in the damage caused and i dropped pills like the best of em back then.

The Temple jesus they where the days,
    A Saturday night in Dublin now is completely different than them days,
    You wouldn't be seeing anyone in 800 euro runners or designer gear in the temple u'd think the person was lost,

To be fair id imagine the drug of choice in the temple was yokes for 95% of the people there,

Simpler times

Now its posers standing around with their valentino runners and kenzo tshirts.... on edge ready to fight anyone because of the coke. F**k that. The local pub does me now.

Anyone up for a few?

• Advertisement

Anyone up for a few?

A few roundies?

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭juno10353

When I decided enough was enough I left everyone behind,
    16 years later, I’m working, live a quiet life , have a house and live in constant regret and disgust of my wasted years

Can’t look at myself in the mirror. Would never disclose much more but I’ve seen as much as you can see in these circles

Depressing and shocking stuff and a world im glad I’ve left behind

Almost everyone is dead and from a selfish point of view I’m glad as less people that remember me from those times. Sums up who I am with that rationale

Please stop feeling ashamed and disgusted. You have overcome a huge challenge and turned your life around. Your life experience has been huge and you have so much knowledge to impart to those starting to dabble now. Thank you for your honesty here in showing the pain you have caused yourself. But please do look in that mirror and see the person who has achieved so much and stand tall and be proud. Everyone makes mistakes it's what we do with the knowledge learnt that's important

Or what was the thing when people used to lift you up on their backs and youd get a mad rush... nearly fainted a few times over that.

Yep!

Little taster

http://www.rabble.ie/2012/12/12/the-temple-theatre/

Best night out in Dublin and i always remember the quality of the ladies and cool pops getting fcuked in to the crowd towards the end of the night.

A few roundies?

Good chat lads. Enjoyed it. Im logging out before i lose the plot.

Now its posers standing around with their valentino runners and kenzo tshirts.... on edge ready to fight anyone because of the coke. F**k that. The local pub does me now.

Sums it up perfectly,
    We went there for years and I can't remember a night where you wouldn't make buddies with some randomers , Hardly any mobiles around and no social media at all so that be it , great buddies for the night and might never see them again ,

Great times laughing at the thought of wearing designer gear there, half the time ud be going home with no shirt in the summer or one drenched in sweat ,

Yep!

Little taster

http://www.rabble.ie/2012/12/12/the-temple-theatre/

Best night out in Dublin and i always remember the quality of the ladies and cool pops getting fcuked in to the crowd towards the end of the night.

F**kin hell... that's a blast from the blast I'm getting all nostalgic here. It's a shame the bigger venues are all gone. The scene seemed to just fall on its arse after 2007. Never recovered. It couldn't be recreated now anyway regardless of venues. Too many people coked up and too many phones.

Even looking at videos of Sasha & Digweed from last week in Jam Park... its lacking something.

F**kin hell... that's a blast from the blast I'm getting all nostalgic here. It's a shame the bigger venues are all gone. The scene seemed to just fall on its arse after 2007. Never recovered. It couldn't be recreated now anyway regardless of venues. Too many people coked up and too many phones.

Even looking at videos of Sasha & Digweed from last week in Jam Park... its lacking something.

Went to a few of temple reunion parities that Dean Sherry used to run(not sure if he still does) ,
    Jesus they where great crack and see all the old face's there all in there late 30's and 40's , The last one I was at was probably 4 years ago now

Went to a few of temple reunion parities that Dean Sherry used to run(not sure if he still does) ,
    Jesus they where great crack and see all the old face's there all in there late 30's and 40's , The last one I was at was probably 4 years ago now

Yeah I know Dean, himself and Paddy Sheridan used to do the Shaft Reunion parties up until around 4 or 5 years ago too they were very good. The only one that I see come up a few times a year is the legends of the old school partys usually bank holiday weekends. Not sure how good they are though.

Yeah I know Dean, himself and Paddy Sheridan used to do the Shaft Reunion parties up until around 4 or 5 years ago too they were very good. The only one that I see come up a few times a year is the legends of the old school partys usually bank holiday weekends. Not sure how good they are though.

ah jesus I was at them to , they where great ,

its mad cause even though they where in recent time the atmosphere in them are way different to your normal Saturday night,

I think its fair to say its as rough as a crowd you'll get but one that recognise each other from back In the day and everyone just wants to have good night,

Where in your average Dublin night club u'd have young fella's not nearly as rough coked out there heads looking for trouble,

Totally different scene back in the day ,

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Steviewinger

[B/]Can’t look at myself in the mirror[/B]. Would never disclose much more but I’ve seen as much as you can see in these circles

You need meetings pal

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 281 ✭✭OmarLittle187

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Crack can be cut with other sh*t...actually, it's the Fentanyl that is what is giving the high from it now.

U try making proper crack with coke that's not at least 70 percent pure.. see how that goes for you

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭fergiesfav

It's great how this thread has turned into

'im so cool, I take this drug, no I'm so cool cos I take this drug'

Top class gangsterism

fergiesfav wrote: »
    It's great how this thread has turned into

'im so cool, I take this drug, no I'm so cool cos I take this drug'

Top class gangsterism

Except nobody at all has come across like that. Chill, have a pill.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Gardai got a gun in Westmeath.

Two arrested.

https://twitter.com/gardainfo/status/1202261950631235584?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Travellers trying to whack each other. Part of a Longford feud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Berserker5

Nail on head lad. I could write a book sbout the misery and devestation its caused in just my own life. Spot on.

Once upon a time in rehab you'd only see alcoholics

The prevalence of people with cocaine problems in rehab is unreal now, like every second person

• Registered Users Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭Hoboo

In fairness there's been some amount of ****e talk lately, not like it was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Berserker5

Squad Car and Garda Helicopter outside Krispy Kreme

Hopefully there'll be a few lads whacked tonight to satisfy the blood lust on here and some of ye can cream ye're pants with excitement over tomorrow mornings breakfast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Ill get you bunch of girls some kleenex

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement