Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,172 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I ask myself that question quite a lot too. Sometimes life just takes a few detours to where you expected to go. In my case i took more wrong turns than a blind taxi driver. We'll leave it at that.

Is that why they call you chalk? ;)

....you always looked like you just after walking away from writing for a few hours on a blackboard?

(i.e. covered in chalk dust)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭IRE60

Cant understand the obsession with people's 'recreational activities'. I chime in here to get a better understanding, a better insight, into to some of the activities in the metropolis.

If that interesting insight is provided by a born again Christian or a fcuking headbanger - I don't care! And I especially don't care what either do in the dark!

So personally, I'd really prefer if a few here would fold away the portable black couch and get on with the business in hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭TwoMonthsOff

IRE60 wrote: »
    Cant understand the obsession with people's 'recreational activities'. I chime in here to get a better understanding, a better insight, into to some of the activities in the metropolis.

If that interesting insight is provided by a born again Christian or a fcuking headbanger - I don't care! And I especially don't care what either do in the dark!

So personally, I'd really prefer if a few here would fold away the portable black couch and get on with the business in hand.

Yeah the cheek of them to talk about coke, it's not like it has anything to do with gangland.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭NaDeise92

Coke is obviously everywhere. I've lost really good friends to it, I myself have messed up brilliant relationships from being on it, I've family members who have thrown their lives away for the choice of selling (cousins who would be big names in my county for moving large amounts) .
    Its such a vicious circle. That stage in your life where sitting in a kitchen at 11am on a sunday morning in a random house, scraping empty bags onto a plate sharing with 8 other fiends for that last measly line, where your walking home wired and people are going about their sunday mornings business after blowing your wages and getting a half ounce on tic.
    Until you finally say right this is absolutely disgusting carry-on and I need to get away from this ****e and the people who want to do that every weekend. These days I wont even entertain the thoughts of doing a bump in a pub watching a match, Im over that part of my life and once you've actually stepped away from doing it every weekend ,sometimes even 4 times a week , you see how horrible a drug it is and the strangle hold it has on so many young and old people from all walks of life in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Tippsman

lunamoon wrote: »
    Have they confirmed that the latest shooting was gangland related?

Shot himself in the knee by accident they believe, the injured man's story that two people broke into the squat and shot him is bull

Allegedly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

NaDeise92 wrote: »
    Coke is obviously everywhere. I've lost really good friends to it, I myself have messed up brilliant relationships from being on it, I've family members who have thrown their lives away for the choice of selling (cousins who would be big names in my county for moving large amounts) .
    Its such a vicious circle. That stage in your life where sitting in a kitchen at 11am on a sunday morning in a random house, scraping empty bags onto a plate sharing with 8 other fiends for that last measly line, where your walking home wired and people are going about their sunday mornings business after blowing your wages and getting a half ounce on tic.
    Until you finally say right this is absolutely disgusting carry-on and I need to get away from this ****e and the people who want to do that every weekend. These days I wont even entertain the thoughts of doing a bump in a pub watching a match, Im over that part of my life and once you've actually stepped away from doing it every weekend ,sometimes even 4 times a week , you see how horrible a drug it is and the strangle hold it has on so many young and old people from all walks of life in this country.

You and others have blood on your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Comment above was brought to you by the progressive & realistic thinking folk @ thinkbeforeyoubuy.ie

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭NaDeise92

yep, just being honest about my experience with the awful drug.

What are you posting that message from?
    You've blood in your hand.

Give people a legal means, 2018 18,000 people were prosecuted for drug possession for their own use.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rondog

The problem with coke these days is its purity.B the time you get your oner bag its been danced on with so many different mixers that you might get 15/20% coke if you are lucky.So,you are paying 100eur for a bag of crap basically.
    I spent alot of time on sessions when younger and stopped it all as my friends had too so it wasnt around much.
    Now it seems its everywhere.
    Out and your a bit tired from your kids-have quick line.
    Feeling tired and drowsy after a few pints-have a quick line.
    Out for the mcgregor fight and want to stay up-buy a bag.

Its too available these days and due to habit some will always just reach for bag.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

rondog wrote: »
    The problem with coke these days is its purity.B the time you get your oner bag its been danced on with so many different mixers that you might get 15/20% coke if you are lucky.So,you are paying 100eur for a bag of crap basically.
    I spent alot of time on sessions when younger and stopped it all as my friends had too so it wasnt around much.
    Now it seems its everywhere.
    Out and your a bit tired from your kids-have quick line.
    Feeling tired and drowsy after a few pints-have a quick line.
    Out for the mcgregor fight and want to stay up-buy a bag.

Its too available these days and due to habit some will always just reach for bag.

True, a mate of mine got some when he was in Cancun and basically said it was just sh!te he was doing at home. Said he was off his t!ts for about 24 hours after doing a few lines while down Mexico way

You need better sources lads, the stuff I've got in the last 5 years would blow your bollox off. I was at a stag in Waterford earlier in the year and I had an eighth to share with a pal. We ended up sharing it with strangers it was that strong we couldn't do it all over the course of two nights.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Is it more a lads drug or what?I know no one that takes it or anything about it

You need better sources lads, the stuff I've got in the last 5 years would blow your bollox off. I was at a stag in Waterford earlier in the year and I had an eighth to share with a pal. We ended up sharing it with strangers it was that strong we couldn't do it all over the course of two nights.

Do you ever think of the harm drug dealing does to communities across the country and wider still in the nations that produce these substances?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

NaDeise92 wrote: »

Nail on head lad. I could write a book sbout the misery and devestation its caused in just my own life. Spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Nothing worse than meeting people on cocaine on a night out. Annoying. I never got it. Zero appeal.

Do you ever think of the harm drug dealing does to communities across the country and wider still in the nations that produce these substances?

Honestly, I dont.

How do you know is it good or bad?

Granadino wrote: »
    Nothing worse than meeting people on cocaine on a night out. Annoying. I never got it. Zero appeal.

How would you spot them?Or am i thinking cokeheads are just drunk fools

bigpink wrote: »
    How do you know is it good or bad?

Well, I know before I get it because it's a trusted source. Also you can tell by the look and the smell before you even consume it whether it's good or not.

• Advertisement

Honestly, I dont.

Well thanks for being honest. Personally im not friendly with anyone who does drugs or know anyone in my circle of friends who associates with cocaine, just think it's an awful waste of ones time on the planet that does nobody any good.

Well thanks for being honest. Personally im not friendly with anyone who does drugs or know anyone in my circle of friends who associates with cocaine, just think it's an awful waste of ones time on the planet that does nobody any good.

That's fair enough and you are correct. It doesnt ruin or takeover everyone's life though... most people that do coke are functioning members of society with families, jobs etc... most people with any sense though knock drugs on the head before they hit 40. I think something changes in the brain and drugs dont have the same effect as they once had.

I used to smoke weed when I was younger but I gave it up, if I was to have a joint now I would be paro and riddled with anxiety.

Most people have the sense to know when enough is enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Noone who drinks beer, smokes fags, drinks coffee/redbull/monster?

^All drugs, all destructive, all addictive. only difference is who deals them - and don't forget "but the bad ones are illegal and drug dealers are bad" does not an acceptable argument make.

Last bit, subjective really...

As a p.s. I don't like coke, think it's the devil, but can see why people do like it, and they ain't gonna stop liking it.

You must be getting it before it's cut to death, most coke sold at street level is barely 5 to 10%.

A phone light threw the bag will show the coke, yellowish tint, while the mix will still be whitish.

Alot knock the coke when the dealer demands their monies or asks to move stuff for quits while their council house is as secure as fort nox and the inside looks like buckingham palace while the guards leave them alone yet prosecute the user, driving a new white Passat or BMW, a missus who looks like she dipped her head in a bottle of domestos with bolted on airbags to her chest.

Tippsman wrote: »
    You must be getting it before it's cut to death, most coke sold at street level is barely 5 to 10%.

Not where I'm living, the place is saturated with dealers and a particular individual who shall remain unnamed decided it was better to dish out stuff high in purity and hes made a fortune doing it, junkies have even taken to buying it to make crack. The rest of the dealers then obviously had to start putting out better stuff then also.

There will always be a market for the crap stuff though chancers selling to you when your stuck on a night out or just selling to people that really dont have a clue or have never had good coke to compare with the crap that they buy.

Most people that do the stuff have their regular people that they buy off. It's when you start trying to buy stuff from a friend of a friend is when you end up with garbage. Your location in the country is also very relevant to the quality of drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

I was reading through some posts the last few days and on the topic of cocaine not one said they do it and quite a few said they didn't ever try it so excuse me if i plead the5th on this one. Looks like the Gangland thread posters are a virtuous lot of tea totallers.
    Nail on head lad. I could write a book sbout the misery and devestation its caused in just my own life. Spot on.

Which one is it? You seem to be laughing at the teetotalers because you find it hard to believe some people on here aren't interested in Coke. While on the other hand recognising the damage that it can cause.

Write your book, it will be full of conflicting anecdotes and contradicting stories.

Which one is it? You seem to be laughing at the teetotalers because you find it hard to believe some people on here aren't interested in Coke. While on the other hand recognising the damage that it can cause.

Write your book, it will be full of conflicting anecdotes and contradicting stories.

Seem to be laughing? Maybe to you it seems that way. I wasn't going to open up about my personal issues as i hadn't read one poster admitting to using it when it was being discussed on here of late. It's no laughing matter believe me. I used that quip as i dont believe for one second everyone is a virtuous teetotaller on here so maybe you shouldn't take things so literally.

Granadino wrote: »

You could say the same about piss heads talking gibberish.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

You could say the same about piss heads talking gibberish.

that's true

pi$$heads think they're normal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Pissheads are easier to get away from.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement