Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The glorious 12th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

janfebmar wrote: »
    ...Maybe you are Francie?...

Do not make these types of comments. Use Report Post if you have a problem.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 67,141 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

janfebmar wrote:
    and those who freely aided the Nazi cause are today very properly reviled throughout the world. Except by Irish Republicans.

Isn't it funny how you and the blanch have not taken the opportunity to 'revile' the blind eye turned by Britain and others to Germany rearming itself during the 1930's?
    During the 1930s, the Nazi government began rearming Germany for what would become the Second World War. The response from Germany’s main opponents, Britain and France, was so muted it was best described as too little, too late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

I have a picture of a young queen Elizabeth and her sister doing a Nazi salute.

In 1933, long before the full horrors of Nazi Germany were exposed. When prancing around on a lawn I done a Usian Bolt type salute once, means nothing.

A lot different to erecting the only statue to a Nazi collaborator in Europe, long after the war ended. No wonder the Jews are so offended.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

In 1933, long before the full horrors of Nazi Germany were exposed. When prancing around on a lawn I done a Usian Bolt type salute once, means nothing.

A lot different to erecting the only statue to a Nazi collaborator in Europe, long after the war ended. No wonder the Jews are so offended.

What year did Russell ‘collaborate’ with the Nazis again?

Seán Russell died in 1940.
    As you said. Long before the full horrors of Nazi Germany were exposed.

So if we can forgive the young queen for her actions we can forgive Seán his no?

• Advertisement

Seán Russell died in 1940.
    As you said. Long before the full horrors of Nazi Germany were exposed.

So if we can forgive the young queen for her actions we can forgive Seán his no?

Prancing around on a lawn in 1933 is a lot different to the leader of the IRA collaborating or attempting to collaborate on board a German submarine at sea during WW2. The Germans were not running Disney type joyride out in to the Atlantic at that time.

Prancing around on a lawn in 1933 is a lot different to the leader of the IRA collaborating or attempting to collaborate on board a German submarine at sea during WW2. The Germans were not running Disney type joyride out in to the Atlantic at that time.

You’re contradicting yourself.
    If the queen wasn’t aware she can’t be blamed as nobody knew the full extent of what the Nazis were up to.
    Russell didn’t either. But you seem to want to blame him not her

I’m sensing a theme here

Do you think they were planning a Disney ride when they marched unimpeded into the Rhineland displaying their illegal armaments while Britain and France' looked on?

You’re contradicting yourself.
    If the queen wasn’t aware she can’t be blamed as nobody knew the full extent of what the Nazis were up to.
    Russell didn’t either. But you seem to want to blame him not her

I’m sensing a theme here

In 1933 the Nazis had not invaded countries or driven out Jews etc. The world was a different place in the 1940s.

In 1933 the Nazis had not invaded countries or driven out Jews etc. The world was a different place in the 1940s.

You miss the point again.
    Leaders of the 1916 rising also collaborated with the Germans for guns and artillery to fight agains the Brits. Are they any different to this?
    Sean’s case is no different.
    In war you’ll take any advantage you can against an enemy.

• Advertisement

You miss the point again.
    Leaders of the 1916 rising also collaborated with the Germans for guns and artillery to fight agains the Brits. Are they any different to this?
    Sean’s case is no different.
    In war you’ll take any advantage you can against an enemy.

IRA artillery in 1916? No need to read the rest of your post.

IRA artillery in 1916? No need to read the rest of your post.

You haven’t heard of 1916?
    You’re not really from here are you though

*there was no Ira in 1916 btw. There was an irb though

You haven’t heard of 1916?

Of course I heard of 1916, but you said the leaders of the 1916 rising collaborated with the Germans for Artillery?

Do you know what Artillery is?

Of course I heard of 1916, but you said the leaders of the 1916 rising collaborated with the Germans for Artillery?

Do you know what Artilerry is?

They asked. They didn’t get.
    They didn’t get the guns either.

But as usual you are so easily defeated and pathetically dodge the actual question I asked.

Diddums

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Do you know what Artillery is?

They literally arrested roger casement for attempting to bring arms onto a beach in kerry

Rather ironically got to eire via submarine too

_blaaz wrote: »
    They literally arrested roger casement for attempting to bring arms onto a beach in kerry

Arms, not Artillery. I was not aware the leaders of the 1916 rising used Artillery, as was claimed a few posts ago?

Motion to have ‘a nation once again’ as the national anthem when we’re reunited.

All in favour say aye

Haha

Arms, not Artillery. I was not aware the leaders of the 1916 rising used Artillery, as was claimed a few posts ago?

Nobody said they used artillery.
    They asked the Germans for guns and artillery.
    They got guns.

Then didn’t get the guns.

Please keep up.

Motion to have ‘a nation once again’ as the national anthem when we’re reunited.

All in favour say aye

Haha
    With B. Prods out as the chorus line?

*they also considered offering the German monarchy rule over Ireland.
    Then They realised they’d just be swapping one german monarchy for another so decided against it haha

• Advertisement

Leaders of the 1916 rising also collaborated with the Germans for guns and artillery to fight agains the Brits.

Guns, not Artillery. The reason German gun dealers had some guns for sale was because they were obsolete by modern gun standards at the time, but perfectly ok for terrorist type / guerilla type warfare / call it what you want.

With B. P out as the chorus line?

Actually you’re right. It’s a bad idea.

It’ll probably be u2 or Phil counter that’ll write the new anthem

Guns, not Artillery. The reason German gun dealers had some guns for sale was because they were obsolete by modern gun standards at the time, but perfectly ok for terrorist type / guerilla type warfare / call it what you want.

They got same rifles (303 iirc)germans were using in the trenches at the time?

You are so poorly informed about this,5 mins ago you didnt even know they got arms ffs

You are so poorly informed about this,5 mins ago you didnt even know they got arms ffs

Agreed. Hasn’t a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭droidman123

So you think the jews would be offended by loyalists using nazi flags and emblems in their right wing approach?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

Probably not as offended as the relatives of those murdered in the kingsmill massacre when SF MP macelduff mocked them by putting a loaf on his head.

RobMc59 wrote: »
    Probably not as offended as the relatives of those murdered in the kingsmill massacre when SF MP macelduff mocked them by putting a loaf on his head.

Another running theme. Same posters unable to answer questions constantly resorting to whatabouttery.
    It’s uncanny.

Here’s the question again

So you think the jews would be offended by loyalists using nazi flags and emblems in their right wing approach?

Janfebmar, direct question: do you think the statue of Carson should be taken down due to his involvement in illegal gun running, sedition and collaboration with a private miliitia?

Wrong, totally wrong again, you remind me so much of Francie. I questioned the 1916 leaders getting Artillery, as was claimed. You do know there is a difference between arms and artillery?

• Advertisement

Wrong, totally wrong again, you remind me so much of Francie. I questioned the 1916 leaders getting Artillery, as was claimed. You do know there is a difference between arms and artillery?

Keep screaming wrong over and over again....its pure self projection from yous now tbh

Advertisement