Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

sky88 wrote: »

He also shot down Dave Meltzer's theory that Vince will be involved with NXT.

https://twitter.com/AlexM_talkSPORT/status/1167768849980092416

• Registered Users Posts: 39,625 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I saw that quote from triple h and laughed. He says there is no interest in enzo and big cass but then in the second part leaves cass out of his shot at enzo which I take to mean there might be an interest in cass on his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Or he just didn’t want to take a public dig at him because he felt this was coming from Enzo. Or maybe the story is on-point and he had to come out strong to throw people off again because it was supposed to be a surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Thats a shame seemed to have lots of potential

https://twitter.com/SCsirens/status/1168315612537544704?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That is a shame. She comes across as really likeable as well in her videos. But if it's for long term health reasons when she relies a lot on her agility, then she made the right choice. Especially since I'm sure she discussed it with Ricochet who would have similar concerns at times and would be more familiar with such injuries in the industry.

Though the WWEPC youtube channel loses their biggest contributor now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,368 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

CastorTroy wrote: »
    That is a shame. She comes across as really likeable as well in her videos. But if it's for long term health reasons when she relies a lot on her agility, then she made the right choice. Especially since I'm sure she discussed it with Ricochet who would have similar concerns at times and would be more familiar with such injuries in the industry.

Though the WWEPC youtube channel loses their biggest contributor now.

Really?

Damm that is one athletic couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,911 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/wwe-draft

so will we get the returns of GMs ???

Shane prob running SD
    Steph Raw or could they even bring back a legend for the role ???

PTH2009 wrote: »

Shane prob running SD

Heyman and Bischoff I would imagine.

Heyman and Bischoff I would imagine.

that would be nice

vince prob thinks 'ah yeah there all stupid and dont knw those 2 are head of creative :D:D' and expect us to be shocked if they do return as on air talent

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

PTH2009 wrote: »

Shane prob running SD

Should do it like the older drafts where both GMs come out and make picks each. The way it's done now is a load of shíte.

• Advertisement

They realised they can't rely on the wild card rule to get guys on both shows so now have to commit?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    They realised they can't rely on the wild card rule to get guys on both shows so now have to commit?

Think fox wanted there own exclusive brand

I wonder will we see some been left out and they will go back to NXT ???. Lots of Male and female talent could do with going back down and with the new 2 hour show would be much so more suited

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Saw on Reddit that Scarlett Bordeaux is trying out for WWE...

rmAV1PJ.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

J. Marston wrote: »
    Saw on Reddit that Scarlett Bordeaux is trying out for WWE...

rmAV1PJ.gif

I'd prefer if she tried out for something else :D

Ric Flair and WWE at odds over "The Man" trademark. He says it is his and is willing to let Becky use it but just wants to be paid by WWE for its usage. Says Charlotte is upset at him about it but has filed a trademark claim for "The Man" to force WWE's hand.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/09/05/ric-flair-wwe-the-man-becky-lynch-triple-h-charlotte-flair/

The first nickname that comes to mind for me when thinking of Flair is "The Nature Boy" and Ric borrowed that from Buddy Rogers. It's the circle of life in wrestling, eventually gimmicks get used again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Wouldn't say Flair is all there these days. Strange thing to do.

Flair just needs money I’d say I have more money in my pocket than he does these days in his bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Flair just needs money I’d say I have more money in my pocket than he does these days in his bank account.

It was suspiciously smart of whoever got him to trademark 'the man' for use in wrestling considering it's a key part of one of his more famous catchphrases.

What a stupid case by flair. I mean how can he claim to own the phrase "the man" ? His quote was/is "to be the man, you have to beat the man." If ric things he has a case, then the family of buddy rodgers will be in touch with him about back royalties to the name "nature boy." Does ric even have the money to go against the WWE and jerry mcdivittt ? He's been in financial trouble nearly as often as he's been a world champion or married over the years. And it seems his annoyed his daughter which isn't good.

Is Flair under a Legends contract?

I'm surprised AEW haven't tried to bring him in for the 4 Horsemen storyline going on.

• Advertisement

Isn't Bret Hart under Legends contract? Yet he was at AEW

I see ROH are now blocking there talent from Starrcast events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Don't see what the problem is with Flair filing a lawsuit about "The Man" name. If he does in fact have it trademarked, he'd be stupid not to sue.

And to those saying that Flair is a hypocrite because he uses the Nature Boy moniker, well that is only relevant if the Buddy Rogers estate has a trademark on "Nature Boy" which, to my knowledge, it doesn't.

WWE do this kind of thing themselves, including blocking the Dudleys and Cody Rhodes from using WWE trademarks. Why are fans getting on Flair's case over his lawsuit? It must be because it involves their darling, Becky Lynch.

sirmanga wrote: »
    Don't see what the problem is with Flair filing a lawsuit about "The Man" name. If he does in fact have it trademarked, he'd be stupid not to sue.

And to those saying that Flair is a hypocrite because he uses the Nature Boy moniker, well that is only relevant if the Buddy Rogers estate has a trademark on "Nature Boy" which, to my knowledge, it doesn't.

WWE do this kind of thing themselves, including blocking the Dudleys and Cody Rhodes from using WWE trademarks. Why are fans getting on Flair's case over his lawsuit? It must be because it involves their darling, Becky Lynch.

If flair had had it trademarked for years I'd say something but from looking on the US trademark site, he only applied for it in august this year so he's clearly reacting to the WWE having it trademarked. The man as he used it was part of a longer quote he used to say. His nickname is the nature boy not the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Smell of Conrad off the Flair case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    If flair had had it trademarked for years I'd say something but from looking on the US trademark site, he only applied for it in august this year so he's clearly reacting to the WWE having it trademarked. The man as he used it was part of a longer quote he used to say. His nickname is the nature boy not the man.

Well, if he only applied for it in August, yes that is petty of him.

Ever since Flair had his medical troubles he's come across as very bitter, saying things like he remembers who came to visit him in hospital and who didn't. He fell out with HBK because HBK didn't come to see him in hospital and because of the home truths uttered by Shawn in the 30 for 30 documentary.

Strikes me as the type of guy who is in vast amounts of debt and is looking for avenues out of it.

I think "The Man" is far too general a term to trademark anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

J. Marston wrote: »
    Strikes me as the type of guy who is in vast amounts of debt and is looking for avenues out of it.

I think "The Man" is far too general a term to trademark anyway.

yet hes sueing the company that he has said helped him out with money on several occasions namely vince and trips

NITRO95 wrote: »
    Smell of Conrad off the Flair case

If he had Conrad in his life 20 years ago he'd living very comfortably these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Flair is a strange anomaly in that while he didn't go off the rails like many of his counterparts, he's very much lived the gimmick.

His delusion about this situation is very much in line with that gimmick. I'm sure he absolutely believes he's being shafted on this.

For better or worse Flair is Flair and people seem to love him for it; just watch his speech when the horsemen were inducted as an example of this.

Advertisement