Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'd be confident that they wouldn't of made such a smarmy move without being told they'd get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The What Culture guy Adam Pacitti making news for trolling GB News by subtly mooning the hosts on live TV while asking a question while on Facetime with them his reflection in the mirror behind him showed him giving them the full moon.

I wouldn't be a fan of him myself however he as gone up a rung or two in my appreciation for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

The What Culture guy Adam Pacitti making news for trolling GB News by subtly mooning the hosts on live TV while asking a question while on Facetime with them his reflection in the mirror behind him showed him giving them the full moon.

I wouldn't be a fan of him myself however he as gone up a rung or two in my appreciation for that.

Video in question for anyone: https://metro.co.uk/2021/06/17/gb-news-is-butt-of-the-joke-as-comedian-moons-laurence-fox-live-on-air-14785808/

:pac:

Beefcake's wife is asking for fans to pray for him as he deals with health issues.

That doesn't sound good.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,120 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Wrestling Inc

WWE Hall of Famer Edge is reportedly scheduled for a match at SummerSlam.
    Edge has been out of action since WrestleMania 37, but now Florida sports reporter Jon Alba reports that The Rated R Superstar is currently penciled in for a SmackDown brand match at the WWE SummerSlam pay-per-view on Saturday, August 21.
    There is no word yet on who Edge will be wrestling that night, but it was noted that he is scheduled to be the babyface.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Possible spoilers so I'll tag it.
    Former WWE Raw and Smackdown Women's Champion Becky Lynch was at the WWE Performance Center earlier this week, PWInsider.com has confirmed. The visit was described to us as part of the process for Lynch to return to action for the company after celebrating the birth of her and Seth Rollins' daughter, Roux, in December 2020.

Apparently they updated the article to say she was training with Indi Hartwell. My guess is surprise entrant at MITB, win it and cash in against Rhea at Summerslam. MITB will have fans back so they'll want a big moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

J. Marston wrote: »
    Possible spoilers so I'll tag it.

Apparently they updated the article to say she was training with Indi Hartwell. My guess is surprise entrant at MITB, win it and cash in against Rhea at Summerslam. MITB will have fans back so they'll want a big moment.

I get the feeling J there’s info missing from that post because it doesn’t reveal anything and I’m still none the wiser as to what’s happening.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I get the feeling J there’s info missing from that post because it doesn’t reveal anything and I’m still none the wiser as to what’s happening.

It's to do with a possible return so I said I'd spoiler it just in case people don't want to know.

It's to do with a possible return so I said I'd spoiler it just in case people don't want to know.

Well yeah I understand that and it was the right call, but I was assuming the person allegedly returning would be named and they weren’t(at least not when I posted about it) under the spoiler tag. That’s what my post was in reference to as what you wrote didn’t give anything away.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well yeah I understand that and it was the right call, but I was assuming the person allegedly returning would be named and they weren’t(at least not when I posted about it) under the spoiler tag. That’s what my post was in reference to as what you wrote didn’t give anything away.

Ahh, I had quote tags within spoiler tags in the post. I think that might be why it didn't show up.

I think it's fixed now.

• Advertisement

Peacock not happy that the WWE gave away Hell in a Cell for free on Fox when they had been advising it for PPV on Peacock.

Fox not happy that the WWE keep advertising Peacock on there show.

Peacock not happy that the WWE gave away Hell in a Cell for free on Fox when they had been advising it for PPV on Peacock.

Fox not happy that the WWE keep advertising Peacock on there show.

What a shock.

Reading today that there seems to be something going on with the WWE trying to copyright Keith Lee's name and him refusing to sign off on it and trying to copyright it himself.

I wonder is this playing a part in him not being on TV.

WWE RAW writer doesn't know the name of the RAW World Champion

New WWE writer says ‘they did not require me to know anything about wrestling’
    On a recent episode of the “Asian Not Asian” podcast, Kenice Mobley was interviewed. She is a standup comedian who was recently hired to be a writer for WWE on the Monday Night Raw brand.

This was an interesting tidbit from the interview (transcription via Post Wrestling):

“Yes, I have just been hired by WWE. Given the things that you know about me and my entire life and what I’m into, yes [that’s surprising]. Yes, also a surprise for me. They did not require me to know anything about wrestling but I do have a background in film production and comedy writing and they’re like, ‘Perfect. Come on in.”

“So I am on the Monday Night Raw team. So there’s Monday Night Raw and Friday Night SmackDown and the people I know that are on it are Bobby — his name is either Bobby Ashley or Bobby Lashley and I really should know that. He’s like this giant Black guy and he and the people who are part of his crew, I know that they call — or at least as of last year, they called themselves The Hurt Business. The Hurt Business. They wear suits and they’re like, ‘We’re cool.’”

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2021/6/23/22548059/new-wwe-writer-not-required-to-know-anything-about-wrestling-bobby-lashley-raw

^ bloody hell.
    how can hiring someone who knows nothing about a product be tasked with writing the product. Its madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sure I watch the product and constantly forget champions. Usually tag champions

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Sure I watch the product and constantly forget champions. Usually tag champions

Took me about 30 seconds there to remember the Raw tag champions.

Bobby Ashley ? It’s the granddaughter of jack Pfefer clearly. Is it really that shocking that wwe is hiring creative team members who know literally nothing about wrestling ? Let’s be honest and say no it’s not at all.

Belts are utterly meaningless in WWE so I'm not remotely surprised.

Took me about 30 seconds there to remember the Raw tag champions.
    Was the Smackdown champs for me.

At least Lashley is partially remembered. None of the writers seem to remember the 24/7 champion

As a standup comedian what qualifications does she have and who is she writing for?

At least now we know why they forget and drop storylines. The writers aren't aware of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭Riddle101

The writers probably don't need to know much about wrestling before they enter the job but you would think they would do their homework at least. You wouldn't go into a job interview without doing research on the company first, and you would want to brush up on your knowledge of the industry before you start working in it. It would be lazy not.

Sabu's partner Super Genie Melissa Coates passed away, RIP.

https://twitter.com/CACReunion/status/1407872540165525504?s=20

Riddle101 wrote: »
    The writers probably don't need to know much about wrestling before they enter the job but you would think they would do their homework at least. You wouldn't go into a job interview without doing research on the company first, and you would want to brush up on your knowledge of the industry before you start working in it. It would be lazy not.

Yeah.
    and call me an old stickler, but you don't go on a podcast and tell the entire world how you know next to nothing about the product you are writing for :p

• Registered Users Posts: 53,879 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Sabu's partner Super Genie Melissa Coates passed away, RIP.

https://twitter.com/CACReunion/status/1407872540165525504?s=20

That's heart breaking, she was only on Chris Van Vliet Youtube channel 3 months ago with Sabu and looking ok

Pure Sabu :(

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Nope. She's under the Raw roster on the WWE Superstars page.
    I see Doudrop is the name for Piper on there.

WWE touring the UK in September,

What can go wrong with this.

https://twitter.com/WWEUK/status/1408363962299731969?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭savemejebus

WWE touring the UK in September,

What can go wrong with this.

Probably less than can go wrong with running shows in Florida...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

WWE RAW writer doesn't know the name of the RAW World Champion

New WWE writer says ‘they did not require me to know anything about wrestling’

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2021/6/23/22548059/new-wwe-writer-not-required-to-know-anything-about-wrestling-bobby-lashley-raw

She’s been released now.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    She’s been released now.

Only has herself to blame. Judging from her pictures she seems to be around 25ish so she should have known better. You'd understand an 18 year old or something being that dumb. But not an adult.

Advertisement