Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Punk has a new Twitter bio :pac:

https://twitter.com/CMPunk?s=09

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I live there so that news stood out to me today.

Gotta respect his Chinese ability but it's another sad inditement of the influence China has over the movie industry (among others) and I must admit on some level have lost a little respect for the man even though I am sure it makes little difference to him and he had pressure to do so because F9 just opened big in China and something like this could affect subsequent weeks.

Notably he does not say he was wrong just that he made a mistake in saying it.

P.S Taiwan is a country

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Hustle

Loyalty

Respect*

*Unless your Taiwan

• Registered Users Posts: 28,872 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

It really is the most bizarre situation happening in the business right now. Lee should stop tweeting at this point, will only encourage the head a balls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

It really is the most bizarre situation happening in the business right now. Lee should stop tweeting at this point, will only encourage the head a balls.

Its hard to figure out whats going on.

No Kellers, Sapps or Meltzers providing scoops on this tells me it may be a serious health issue. Maybe

I cant see WWE holding him back, sure it looked like he was due to win the US title IMO.

He was battling Drew in a hard hitting Mian Event on Raw (it went a decent time too)

He pinned Randy Orton on his first night.

While ages ago, he was the star in the making at Survivor Series 2019 (he was made look great in there with everyone).

I know Vince can change things on a whim, so maybe Im wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Don't know if it's health reasons or for aesthetics but I'm still convinced it's a weight loss thing. He'll come back shredded.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

J. Marston wrote: »
    Don't know if it's health reasons or for aesthetics but I'm still convinced it's a weight loss thing. He'll come back shredded.

If its aesthetics, its such a WWE move.

Lee had a great look prior to the Raw call up.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Might be covid :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Shiminay wrote: »
    Might be covid :(

If it was that simple why wouldn’t he just come out and say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Loughc wrote: »
    If it was that simple why wouldn’t he just come out and say?

The whole Keith lee thing is really strange even for wrestling. I mean obviously if it’s a health issue then that’s his business and we aren’t entitled to know anything . I can’t remember the exact timeline but wasn’t he taken off TV shortly after Jon Huber aka Harper died ?

I loved him in nxt and felt he was going to make a good run on the main roster but something came up clearly. I mean Roman talked about the leukaemia and a few others have talked about why they had to go off tv but he hasn’t which as I said is his choice, but I think we as wrestling fans have been conditioned to think everything is a work unless we know otherwise.

Don't think Mia has been seen either since Mania weekend when she joined the others when the fans were being welcomed back

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Jimmy Smith is the replacement for Virk. He is starting Monday so straight in at the deep end. I know him from Bellator MMA

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1397674909548044291?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Imo, my money is on that Keith Lee had some major health scare, nearly died etc. He keeps teasing so he's building up to a reveal. Which, being the workers wrestlers are, You'd have to figure he thinks it will help push his career.

He'll be back as Kiki Lee. Sorry....bad joke. At this stage nowt would surprise me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

He'll be back as Kiki Lee. Sorry....bad joke. At this stage nowt would surprise me.

could come back as keith leer, a creepy #metoo bad taste persona that i can see vince loving

Ah, don't go breaking my heart with those kinds of possibilities.

It would certainly be....interesting to watch him go through the division. :P

I'm sure they'd just feed him to Charlotte

• Advertisement

That would be hilarious and sad at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

They have to try ruin everything don't they, can they not leave some pro-wrestling alone for the people not into their sports entertainment?

New Japan is fairly in the bin anyways, Dragongate is where it's at. Still, hopefully not true.

Feels like this is linked to Daniel Bryan saying he'd like to work other places as well as WWE. And obviously to stop AEW having a relationship with NJPW.

"fOrBiDdEn DoOr, oMg!"

Because we know how great they are with Japanese wrestlers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

New Japan would want to be wary enough about getting involved with the entertainment company. Western interest in the product is probably at it's lowest ebb in a good while, I'm barely watching as is but any WWE involvement would put me off completely.

DG, NOAH and STARDOM could all get a boost out of people being turned off if NJPW get into bed with WWE. All currently a much better product than New Japan as is.

They have to try ruin everything don't they, can they not leave some pro-wrestling alone for the people not into their sports entertainment?

New Japan is fairly in the bin anyways, Dragongate is where it's at. Still, hopefully not true.

New Japan are having a rough time of it lately, though no fault of their own.

I can't even see how this would work.

The internet going thermonuclear when Corbin beats Okada clean as a whistle in the Tokyo Dome will be a sight to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

In a year and a half of weird decisions, bad booking and alienating your western fanbase this would probably be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Maybe they make up for that with some curiosity viewers early going but the trade off is never worth it with WWE. You're inviting the wolf to the door. Equally this is the clearest indication yet that NXT Japan never stood a chance of making a dent in the scene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,412 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

How long before Vince gets bought out and some multi billion dollar corporation buys up WWE, NJPW & AAA to just control wrestling around all the world markets just fill content on there streaming channels.

Advertisement