Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

Only has herself to blame. Judging from her pictures she seems to be around 25ish so she should have known better. You'd understand an 18 year old or something being that dumb. But not an adult.

She's in her early 30s.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

She's in her early 30s.

Then more of a reason as to why she should have known better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭ThePott

While I get why people are mad, I think really the anger should be pointed at WWE's hiring policies. It's far from anything new to be honest, they've hired plenty of comedians and reality TV writers in the past. Hell that Adnan Virk guy didn't know anyone either and had to look them up on WWE.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Jericho taking the jokes about his Blood and Guts bump in good humour...
    "People that bagged on it can really f**k their a** because it was dangerous. It was scary. I was saying prayers before. I was a little bit worried because you never know. It was a legit fifteen drop. Nestea plunge. You can't see behind you and you hope for the best. It was something that I thought about all day. No one had to convince me to do it because I knew it was right for the story, but like I said, people that didn't respect that bump really aren't fans. People in the business that were kind of bagging on it should know better because it's not something you would really want anybody to do because it's dangerous and it can affect you for your life if it goes wrong."

So people laugh at that sort of stuff but there's no reason to because this is the real deal and it can happen at any time. Best of luck to anybody in our business, and anybody that bags on somebody who's taking a chance and putting their bodies on the line can really **** off. Especially people in the business. I could say some names. There's a couple of chicks in WWE who said some stuff and they should probably not have said that. They probably weren't trained any better, and in 6 months they'll probably be asking us for a job anyways and I'll remember that, so we'll leave it at that."

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/chris-jericho-says-hardest-bump-he-ever-took-happened-aew-blood-guts

Safe to say Shotzi won't end up in AEW.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And this week's NXT had someone do the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,530 ✭✭✭savemejebus

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I see that wwe are running MSG on September 10th, 2021 for a smack down tv taping and apparently in the minds of some AEW fans(from another message board) there’s some shady intent in wwe running a building that the McMahon family have promoted at at least incarnations of including the present building since it opened in 1968. It’s the one thing I appreciate about boards.ie in that while we can disagree, it’s never personal.

To be clear AEW is running the main stadium of the US open tennis complex on September 22nd which is nearly two weeks later than WWE, and AEW can have shows wherever they like, but it seems WWE cant run a building that while it’s not run as often in recent years, due to cost it’s still to me WWEs home.

Edit: to also note that AEW is running another show prior to September 22nd in the New York area but my point still stands that wwe running a show at MSG isn’t some grand conspiracy against AEW.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,311 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Vince on a night off backstage at a Dave Chappelle gig over the weekend.

E45qxl3XoAMlpFV?format=jpg&name=large

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Vince looking like he's done a day on the sauce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,489 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Vince looking like he's done a day on the sauce.

A day on the plastic surgeons table

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

is that steph over his shoulder too? looking rough if it is

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Live on NXT? :)

The Patriot Del Wilkes has died aged 59, RIP.

Well that’s depressing to hear as he had a short but a memorable run in the wwf and had been WCW also. It’s a shame that he’s dead so young because he seemed to have been a good guy and yet human ****ing pond scum like superstar billly graham who’s abused his body and been in general a miserable human being who changes his opinion on vince when’s it’s benefits him is still alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭Riddle101

The Patriot was talented in the ring if I'm not mistaken and Looking at photos of him makes me wonder why WWE didn't push him to the moon as he had a great look as well. Was it backstage politics or something that stopped him from getting pushed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Vince doesn't like masked wrestlers, but I can't think of anyone else who main-evented a PPV in a title match two months after his debut.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Riddle101 wrote: »
    The Patriot was talented in the ring if I'm not mistaken and Looking at photos of him makes me wonder why WWE didn't push him to the moon as he had a great look as well. Was it backstage politics or something that stopped him from getting pushed?

Del came in to the Federation injured, which he hid. He masked it with pain meds etc, and it never was going to end well. He was just released quietly.

I remember thinking he had all the potential in the world to be the next big thing, he was a perfect foil to Bret Hart's anti-US stance in '97. RIP Del

Rip Patriot.
    Quite liked him back in the day when he was going up against Bret Hart. He looked like a star. The mask was awesome, had one of the best bodies around and his music was also great. Which would later be Kurt Angles music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

I'd say his best run was either in GWF but more so in All Japan. Kenta Kobashi has a nice tweet up in memory of Wilkes. Who could forget the classic faction of GET, consisting of Wilkes, Kobashi and Johnny Ace! RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Loved The Patriot as a kid, even with the shift towards edgier storytelling during the period he proved there's nothing like a good, earnest, face.

But you'd wonder why the bothered with him based on what Jim Cornette said in shoots. He made it sound like the rest of creative viewed him as a joke.

Loved The Patriot as a kid, even with the shift towards edgier storytelling during the period he proved there's nothing like a good, earnest, face.

But you'd wonder why the bothered with him based on what Jim Cornette said in shoots. He made it sound like the rest of creative viewed him as a joke.

Never knew that!
    Any interesting noteworthy tidbits?

*edit

So the Harts who love to blame the Kliq for burying everyone while being the good guys themselves were very happy to bury The Patriot who was new in the company and wasn't interested in the backstage ****.

Got to love the wrestling business.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

So the Harts who love to blame the Kliq for burying everyone while being the good guys themselves were very happy to bury The Patriot who was new in the company and wasn't interested in the backstage ****.

Got to love the wrestling business.
    What I find more frustrating was that Vince fcuking McMahon and rest of his stooges were happy to stand by and let such factions run all over him.

Makes you realise that Vince keeping the entire roster in their place for the most part these days makes perfect sense. Less prima donnas to deal with.

What I find more frustrating was that Vince fcuking McMahon and rest of his stooges were happy to stand by and let such factions run all over him.

Makes you realise that Vince keeping the entire roster in their place for the most part these days makes perfect sense. Less prima donnas to deal with.

Also with WCW winning the ratings he would have been more relaxed with keeping talent in check.
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Hahaha it's hard to tell if Ahmed is totally spoofing or just believed Vince's lies. Kevin Nash said in a YouShoot that Vince is amazing at working you to get his way. Like Nash recalls going into Vince's office about to lay down the law (What Nash wanted) But by the end of it he was agreeing to drop the title, Vince's long term vision of how to book him and more. Later Nash says "wait a minute...." to himself :pac:

It's a funny clip if anyone wants to watch.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Or maybe it was because he was injury prone and clumsy in the ring and his stamina was awful to the point where you’d be fearing that the front row of ringside would succumb to oxygen deprivation during an Ahmed Johnson match, he was blown up so badly. I remember a king of the ring between him and HHH and it starts off good and then Ahmed get blown up and it goes to **** because he’s gassed.

Never knew that!
    Any interesting noteworthy tidbits?

*edit

I wonder if Owen Hart hadn't died how he would be though of today, There seemed to be a nasty side to his ribs as well but since he died tragically that side is now talked about as him just being a fun guy and his ribs were done in jest. The whole not apologizing to Austin after he damaged his neck shows him up for me.

• Advertisement

Chris Pratt challenged Batista to a wrestling match while on ambien

Advertisement