Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I like the USOs but something needs to change here, because having a third DUI to me is forming a pattern.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Hes a fool. He just got back from serious injury and to blow it again, if it was anyone else he'd be gone.

But hes related to Roman and Dwayne so he will get a suspension at best.

I can think of many a word to describe Jimmy Uso, fool is among them.

Who he's related to, shouldn't matter a flying ****ing ****. Full blown punishment, no slaps on the wrist especially after his 3rd time.

Someone needs to get through to him before he does something life altering..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭ThePott

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    He is in a big storyline with Roman, bad timing, he needs help and punishment too though
    I understand but that's no excuse. Write him off on Friday and send him to rehab. He has 3 DUIs, although I heard someone say 5 earlier and those are just the time times he's been pulled over.

A 500 dollar fine means nothing to him, he clearly has problems and needs help or at least to be reprimanded for getting behind the wheel drunk. Sooner or later it's not gonna end well for him or unfortunately for someone else.

ThePott wrote: »
    I understand but that's no excuse. Write him off on Friday and send him to rehab. He has 3 DUIs, although I heard someone say 5 earlier and those are just the time times he's been pulled over.

A 500 dollar fine means nothing to him, he clearly has problems and needs help or at least to be reprimanded for getting behind the wheel drunk. Sooner or later it's not gonna end well for him or unfortunately for someone else.

There seems to be some confusion over how many DUIs he has which that alone is worrying. Anyway WWE need to do something because we only know of the times he’s been caught, for all we know there may have been other times he wasn’t. With WWE a going back on the road, a guy with multiple DUIs isn’t what you want on those roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,879 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I cannot forgive anyone who drinks and drive.

Scum of the world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How many DUIs has Jimmy got?

Which USO is Mr. Naomi?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,151 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How many DUIs has Jimmy got?

Which USO is Mr. Naomi?

Jimmy I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

He's hurting Jey as well. Unless he leaves and lets Jey go on as a singles wrestler which he was establishing himself as while Jimmy was out, then if Jimmy gets punished, Jey will suffer as well. Like if they don't give them the tag titles because of Jimmy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,151 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

**** the tag team titles I want Jey vs Roman at Mania. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭ThePott

Right, here's my insane pitch. Secretly send Jimmy to rehab.
    Have Jey play both Usos, even green screen it so they can chat to each other if needs be.
    Just have Jey play iether Jimmy or himself depending on who needs to be by Roman's side at the ring.

• Advertisement

Have Jey play both Usos, even green screen it so they can chat to each other if needs be.
    Just have Jey play iether Jimmy or himself depending on who needs to be by Roman's side at the ring.

it's so crazy that it just might work

throw in some mirrors for that extra illusion and it's a winner

Roman can't tell them apart and doesn't care :P

Maybe Jimmy never came back and it's been Jey all this time.
    Did Jimmy ever exist?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Maybe Jimmy never came back and it's been Jey all this time.
    Did Jimmy ever exist?

Jay killed him and took his identity

Lovely 2 pay checks

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Ah **** it. One of the absolute best ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Sad for the Funker... as far as wrestlers go from his era and just after, he's done well to live as full and fulfilling life as he's had. Sure even during the attitude era he was seen as an auld fella who did well to still be performing. One of the all time greats in my opinion.

As for Uso... facking hell mate, how many chances do you want? He must have serious issues, I am guessing here, but he must be an alcoholic to have been caught that many times. I love the Usos, but he should be released at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

If anyone had ever seen how much alcohol these guys put away, it would be no surprise if he had a problem. Whenever I was working in the hotel when they were staying with us, they'd be bringing in giant wheely cases full of spirits and bottled beer (they'd have at least 5/6 cases just for their drink), for when we'd eventually close the bar.

They'd be getting in at 12am, eat at 1am and the last few (funnily enough the Usos, Roman, Joe and Slater) would be away to bed at 7. Their bar tab just for the 1 and a half hour meal was something else. They drink like fish them lads.

The first person to appear on both AEW and WWE on the same night

Kelsey Heather had a match on Dark elevation and was part of Lashley's entourage on Raw

(Wow, that's a lot of blank space between text and link)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A few days late due to the site being down

RIP 'Mr. Wonderful' Paul Orndorff 

• Advertisement

very sad but not exactly unexpected given the video his son released. Those matches with hogan were great. I’ve seen a few and the crowd were like putty in the two guys hands.

Why ? Can he now walk to the ring and not be on the verge of collapse because that’s my most recent memory of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

How did WWE end up becoming so much like WCW (in ways), bringing in the old timers? I know we've had 15 / 20 years of this now, but it wasn't always this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,530 ✭✭✭savemejebus

To be fair it's always been the way in wrestling with old timers coming back to pop box offices etc. now it's just ratings instead. As long as the guy can still do mediocre it usually works regarless of the bad taste it leaves (Sting, Rock N' Roll express, Jerry Lawler etc. in modern times, Hogan in the 00's, Backlund in the early 90's and so on back). Goldber though, he could never work and the smoke and mirrors ran out around the time that he was tasered back in WCW.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Popular opinion is that WWE can't make stars anymore. It's mad tho, because if you take 16 years between 1985 (wrestlemania 1) and 2001 (close of wcw and ecw) you had such people become names: hogan, warrior, savage, bret hart, shawn michaels, the rock, steve austin, goldberg, ddp, hall, nash etc etc. Then you look back the last 16 years to 2006!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So all reports are that Jimmy is going to get off scot free for the drink driving and the WWE are going to play it as nothing happened because they have plans to have him involved with the return of the Rock.

Hopefully get gets the help and rehab he needs before he does it again and kills himself or worse some innocent bystander.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The old timers arent the issue with WWE, its how they use them.

Goldberg killed the Fiend. Brock destroyed Kofi and Ali, where as Sting gave Darby the rub, Christian put over Jungle Boy, Jericho put over Orange Cassidy and countless others.

Yeah the legends work if they come in and elevate the current roster member they work with, because there’s a way for a legend to win that elevates the person they work with. It’s why the NWA champion in the territory days would go into an area and have a title match with that areas top guy(usually that territory’s version of the US title) and while the worlds champ would win the local guy would be made to look credible but hanging with the champ, whereby the fans would care about that guy because “he must be good if he neatly beat the world champ.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Fair play to Sting and Christian elevating guys but when you look back at history most guys don't. Like think of all the wwe / wcw main eventers over the years.

Bret infamously gave the rub to Austin. So did Shawn Michaels to Austin by being a tag team in 97 then dropping the title to him at mania 14. But who did Austin? He reused to work with jarrett. He refused to drop the title to triple h so he made the Summerslam 99 match a triple threat so mick Filey could win and drop to hunter the next night.

Hogan never made anyone. He reused to put bret over in 1993. You could argue what about the warrior? - well documented those two blokes never got on. Am sure hogan was highly compensated for being on his back (barely on his back as he kicked out just after 3 lol)

Nash didn't. Neither did Goldberg. For as much as triple h didn't want to lose back in the day he did help make Orton and Batista.

Advertisement