Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

How long before Vince gets bought out and some multi billion dollar corporation buys up WWE, NJPW & AAA to just control wrestling around all the world markets just fill content on there streaming channels.

Not sure about bought out but sells and probably not in his lifetime.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,410 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This Khan guy seems like a game now changer in the WWE now it seems that he is setting them up for a corporate takeover and a move more into the Entertainment market where wrestling will be a second thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

I thought when Vince brought John Laurinaitis and Pritchard back, that it was possibly one last pay day for his mates before he sold up. All guess work of course.
    The money coming in the last 5 or so years has been crazy.

I think these network executives are even more removed from reality than Vince has ever been. And that's saying a lot!

If New Japan are doing so poorly, you couldn't blame them for dealing with WWE, it's still the largest promotion by a long way and makes sense, financially at least.

Personally I hope it doesn't happen, not exclusively anyway, like the story suggests.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Not even Naito or the Rainmaker could make WWE watchable for me. They are free to have G.O.D, Togo, Yoshi-Hashi, Jado, EVIL and the rest of the sh*te that New Japan have been serving up on the regular lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,957 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

How's the Rainmaker these days, still injured at the moment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Headshot wrote: »
    How's the Rainmaker these days, still injured at the moment?

I think he's still injured yeh, pretty sure he said he had Covid recently too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

SummerSlam set to take place on a Saturday this year inside a NFL stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,957 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I think he's still injured yeh, pretty sure he said he had Covid recently too.

Can't believe they are still going ahead with the Olympics over there

Vince already tested the waters of a NJPW invasion under the E.

New Japan Pro Wrestling Entertainment Invades World Wrestling Entertainment.

E2eXLodWEAEG0n4?format=jpg&name=large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,872 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hmm, those guys with Street Profits look familiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,486 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cardi B to host Summerslam (rumoured)

Tony Khan addresses The Observer & Nick Khan

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1398434531024281605?s=20

It seems the a big thing behind the WWE being in talks with NJPW is down to Bryan Danielson wanting to wrestle with NJPW and the WWE not wanting to lose him.

Edit; I do think the WWE are really worried they would lose a good chuck of there regular hardcore wrestling fan if Danielson did jump ship to AEW.

It is those fans that have stuck watching RAW and Smackdown week in week out not the Entertainment fans.

I have to say I really like the paid advertisement shill gimmick Tony Khan has with Tony beside him.

It's fun tongue totally in cheek and having a laugh.

WWE naming 3 new board members today Nick Khan, A former Turner Exe & a former ESPN content chief along with anew EVP Development & Digital who came in from DAZN.

The Entertainment Exes now taking over the Board.

A buyout from one of the multi billion Entertainment Conglomerates can't be far off.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

WWE naming 3 new board members today Nick Khan, A former Turner Exe & a former ESPN content chief along with anew EVP Development & Digital who came in from DAZN.

The Entertainment Exes now taking over the Board.

A buyout from one of the multi billion Entertainment Conglomerates can't be far off.

Hell of a shout considering the current talent clear out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Corbin knows his role and is never going to rock the boat, so it's easy to see why he's valued. He performs his role well to be fair as well. The gas thing is that Vince has always had guys like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I like Corbin as a person and its easy to see why Vince likes him. Model pro, toes the company line and he isnt that bad.

Hes just not a guy I wanna see wrestle long matches week after week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,872 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah I've no problem with Corbin. He's a heel that acts like a heel. Just can be overexposed at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

https://twitter.com/realkeithlee/status/1400883708832403460?s=21

This Keith lee stuff is getting weirder and weirder. I mean if he wants to tell the fans(which he seems to want to do) then just tell us what the hell has been happening since January and if he’s not able or comfortable telling us then don’t say anything.

This is leading to wild speculation which isn’t helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Itssoeasy wrote: »

This Keith lee stuff is getting weirder and weirder. I mean if he wants to tell the fans(which he seems to want to do) then just tell us what the hell has been happening since January and if he’s not able or comfortable telling us then don’t say anything.

Very strange indeed.. and these nonsensical cryptic tweets are pretty ridiculous.. to be honest I think he’s pretty over rated and his promos are laughably silly and the attempts to make him seem intelligent are just pretentious and pitiful.. could it simply be something as pathetic as wwe took him off tv to lose weight. I can see something like that coming out

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I like Corbin as a person and its easy to see why Vince likes him. Model pro, toes the company line and he isnt that bad.

Hes just not a guy I wanna see wrestle long matches week after week.

Yeah I’ve no issue with Corbin as a person as he came across well on that series breaking ground on the network. It’s just his recent gimmick with the crown that looks like a pound shop knock off of whoever, and the fact that I watched smack down live when it moved to Fridays in October 2019 until April and he seemed to be everywhere and it was over exposure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Itssoeasy wrote: »

I reckon he thought he was about to be let go and then wasn't

Anyone else read the Lee statement like one of his slow over enunciated promo's.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Keith Lee can fu*k off :pac:
    He thinks whatever he will say will be impactful and garner him intention. Hence the constant hinting and building it up. But sh*t or get off the pot :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Yim's days have to be numbered with them as well based on history.

Zelina and Black.

Miro and Lana.

Green and Cadrona.

One doesn't seem to last long without the other.

• Advertisement

Poor Charlotte then going to get futured endeavored before she breaks Ric's record.

Oh maybe she goes on to wins number 17 in AEW while doing the Female Belt collector gimmick :)

Advertisement