Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,430 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It really never was a war AEW dominated the marathon from start to finish.

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1179839012607057920?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Andrade said he was earning 3 million a year and to be fair that is some chuck of money to give up.

It would make you wonder what Charlotte is on when a guy who was at most a mid card talent to the WWE was getting 3 million a year.

WOR confirmed he mis-spoke. It was probably a million dollars a year for 3 year most likely given what they offered to Anderson/Gallows.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Andrade said he was earning 3 million a year and to be fair that is some chuck of money to give up.

It would make you wonder what Charlotte is on when a guy who was at most a mid card talent to the WWE was getting 3 million a year.

The only thing you'd wonder is what hes been smoking to come out with that.

FYI the women get paid way way less than the men. Charlotte included.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,971 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Did Andrade say where's he going next or what's his future plans?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The Nal wrote: »
    The only thing you'd wonder is what hes been smoking to come out with that.

FYI the women get paid way way less than the men. Charlotte included.

Id say Charlotte gets paid better than any mid carder in WWE. Shes probably on less than the likes of Bryan, Reigns and Rollins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Not too shoddy from AEW to beat competition from WWE in fairness, a lot of online commentary wouldn't have had them lasting the first twelve months.

They're not perfect by any stretch but miles ahead of any other American company for me, which isn't saying much these days really. I'd have MLW second.

Not too shoddy from AEW to beat competition from WWE in fairness, a lot of online commentary wouldn't have had them lasting the first twelve months.

They're not perfect by any stretch but miles ahead of any other American company for me, which isn't saying much these days really. I'd have MLW second.

They did fantastic, and make no mistake.... Dynamite was a huge risk.

Wrestling is a better place as a result.

And to do it for a year without fans and being unable to tour the company is even more impressive for me going up against the juggernaut that is the WWE that dominated wrestling and was really the only show in town for 20 years.

And to do it for a year without fans and being unable to tour the company is even more impressive for me going up against the juggernaut that is the WWE that dominated wrestling and was really the only show in town for 20 years.

I cant wait for them to start touring, hopefully they can make money from it because its a great way of growing their brand. Id say an AEW house show would be much better quality than a WWE one.

Though Id imagine an AEW house show would attract a different market than a WWE one.

• Advertisement

A wrestler in the UK was jailed for 21 months for shooting on his opponent and given a two year restraining order to keep away after kicking him full force in the face giving him facial fractures.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/19198416.wrestler-jailed-ferndown-assault/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

A wrestler in the UK was jailed for 21 months for shooting on his opponent and given a two year restraining order to keep away after kicking him full force in the face giving him facial fractures.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/19198416.wrestler-jailed-ferndown-assault/

Weird story, the victim was one of his own students.. also some weird stuff going on in the comment section

• Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that he is a scumbag with a prior criminal record. Not the sharpest tool in the box in any case, as if the comments are to be believed he admitted it was deliberate in a Facebook message of all things.

But I am gonna get a little heated on this one... But that scumbag mark, yes he is a mark, f*cking annoys me. He is in a match and doesn't care about protecting the other. Even if he got stiffed you simply can stiff back. Even if someone forgot a spot, sure you could stiff. Stuff like that happens. But you do not do what he did tho.

And for what? He did it in front of 20 people in some shi*y indy so he could come off as hard. But the biggest pansy in the world can come off as John Rambo when the other person is awaiting a worked shot.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that he is a scumbag with a prior criminal record. Not the sharpest tool in the box in any case, as if the comments are to be believed he admitted it was deliberate in a Facebook message of all things.

But I am gonna get a little heated on this one... But that scumbag mark, yes he is a mark, f*cking annoys me. He is in a match and doesn't care about protecting the other. Even if he got stiffed you simply can stiff back. Even if someone forgot a spot, sure you could stiff. Stuff like that happens. But you do not do what he did tho.

And for what? He did it in front of 20 people in some shi*y indy so he could come off as hard. But the biggest pansy in the world can come off as John Rambo when the other person is awaiting a worked shot.

Scumbag is a scumbag..... no shock here.

Idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 85,597 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Tag team champs to chumps in 3 weeks.

But you gotta have Baron Corbin.... hes the draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

The real Big Dave really is the anthesis to Cena. While Cena's still sidestepping awkward situations that would show WWE in a bad light, Batista is rightfully ripping them on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

The real Big Dave really is the anthesis to Cena. While Cena's still sidestepping awkward situations that would show WWE in a bad light, Batista is rightfully ripping them on Twitter.

The only thing cena does on Twitter is come out with his cringeworthy pearls of wisdom.
    I honestly can’t stand cena. He’s the ultimate company man and just comes across as so disingenuous.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭hynesie08

The next guest on broken skull sessions
    Chris jericho

Fair ****s to whoever navigated that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Wonder will they mention
    AEW?
    . Can't imagine they'll say much if they do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Couldn't they have done the interview on Austin's actual podcast? Where it would be no holds barred?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭ThePott

That's mental. Hoping it's not just a total softball interview.
    Wonder if Vince just assumed he was in catering this whole time and not in another company :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ThePott wrote: »
    Wonder if Vince just assumed he was in catering this whole time and not in another company :pac:

LOL.

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Last week's episode of WWE Monday Night Raw saw one of the red-brand's top factions, The Hurt Business, unexpectedly break up ahead of WrestleMania 37. Fans were not the only ones who were unhappy with the split, as a new report reveals that the members of the group did not want to be separated either.

According to Fightful Select, WWE chairman Vince McMahon was the one who made the decision to end the Hurt Business, a move that MVP and current WWE champion Bobby Lashley were quite vocal against. Sources told the publication that Lashley and MVP even met privately with McMahon about keeping the group together, but to no avail.

The report adds that the Hurt Business splitting up was a huge blow to morale, as they were consistently one of the more entertaining and over acts for the Raw brand. The group is now fighting amongst themselves, as Lashley ran through Shelton Benjamin last week, and is set to face Cedric Alexander on tomorrow's go-home edition of Raw prior to Mania 37.

No surprise just shocking they let that fool run the company into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Loughc wrote: »

Kinda makes that Miz thing I read earlier seem stupid now, when he was asked what's the 1 thing that might surprise people about Vince.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    The next guest on broken skull sessions
    Chris jericho

Fair ****s to whoever navigated that.

I cant imagine Jericho on WWE tv while under contract to Khan. Colour me curious.

Sports illustrated interview with Austin regarding the Jericho interview.

“I was having a beer one night after my Broken Skull Sessions interview with The Undertaker aired, and out of the blue, Chris Jericho reached out and said, ‘Man, that was a great interview,’ ” Austin says. “I sent him back a couple of those emojis, one of a beer mug and the other of an eagle, and then he called me right then and there.

“We got to talking. I’ve always respected the hell out of his career, and I’m glad they’re around—it gives the guys and girls in professional wrestling more places to work. I said, ‘I’d love to have you on the show.’ And he said he’d love to do it, so I checked with Vince [McMahon] about it.”

Austin made a career out of cutting-edge content, and this session of the Broken Skull Sessions certainly fits that description. Since the interview airs on a WWE-owned platform, Austin addressed whether McMahon was hesitant to give his approval for Jericho to appear on the show.

“I texted Vince and said we had this badass idea about Jericho coming on the show,” Austin says. “Vince goes, ‘It’s cool. Go ahead.’ But me and Vince don’t always do well with phones and texts and all that, so I texted one more time, ‘Are you sure it’s O.K. to have Chris Jericho on the show?’ Vince gave me the thumbs up, and Chris came out to do the show.”

Sports Illustrated confirmed that AEW president Tony Khan also gave his approval to Jericho, which is not surprising considering to the amount of respect and trust he has for both Austin and Jericho.

Loughc wrote: »

https://twitter.com/sheltyb803/status/1378036211172978701?s=21

Not just me that feels this way. Fair play for him to call it out. Looking forward to seeing Shelton getting stuck with his big mamma gimmick again.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,881 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Imagine if other scripted tv series just changed plans at the last minute constantly. No wonder they can't do any long term storytelling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,124 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Imagine if other scripted tv series just changed plans at the last minute constantly. No wonder they can't do any long term storytelling

I wish Game of Thrones did.

Advertisement