Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 54,048 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I thought she'd be wrestling with a new promotion by now

I wonder what the delay is?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Probably doesn't need to with Twitch and Onlyfans money.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Oi vey I should've seen that one coming :pac:

It was either that one or, 'Hello my friend we meet again' :pac:

Thea, Black, Andrade & A another would make a nice stable with Thea as the manager mouth piece and female wrestler of the group.

That is of course if Black wants out of his contract he hasn't been seen in months either.

• Advertisement

Charlotte Flair tested positive fort Covid-19 that's why she is off TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

kksaints wrote: »
    Raw and Smackdown highlights are on Virgin Media 2 at 10:30 on Saturday and Sunday morning respectively. Is this the first time that WWE shows have been on an FTA Irish channel (not C4 or Sky 1 etc)?

Could be the first time wrestling has been on Irish terrestrial TV. TNA was on Setanta around 2010 but I think that was only on cable? WCW was on UTV in the early 90s and later on Channel 5; WWF was on Channel 4 in 2000/1 and some counties could probably pick them up with an aerial.

Not sure if RTE ever showed World of Sport wrestling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Though people thought that the NHL going to ESPN+ might have killed NXT to Tuesdays it looks like that's not the case.

Mike Johnson says WWE's production meeting from this morning lists NXT being on Tuesdays from April 13th onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Headshot wrote: »
    I thought she'd be wrestling with a new promotion by now

I wonder what the delay is?

She had a 90 day non compete clause. She was released Friday 13th November, so it should be well passed by now. I'm sure she will be appearing somewhere very soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

kksaints wrote: »
    Raw and Smackdown highlights are on Virgin Media 2 at 10:30 on Saturday and Sunday morning respectively. Is this the first time that WWE shows have been on an FTA Irish channel (not C4 or Sky 1 etc)?
    I don't recall any WWE programming on RTE or TV3. I'm surprised at Virgin Media making a deal with the WWE considering how niche pro wrestling is these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

May it be on their heads if they're considering something there.

EDIT That's regards Tessa.

It was always gonna be a case of who blinks first between WWE and AEW for whoever signs her.

J. Marston wrote: »
    It was always gonna be a case of who blinks first between WWE and AEW for whoever signs her.

Interesting timing for it anyway. The 4 horsewomen have almost done everything they're going to do, with 3 of them starting to get outside gigs.

Asuka has been booked brutally and they're likely to put a rocket on Ripley, so it's hard to see that first instant feud for Tessa should she come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TheLocalMan

Oh great, another racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,969 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Does she look different as I can't see her. Or am I just blind?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Does she look different as I can't see her. Or am I just blind?

She's the one standing across from Sasha in the ring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,969 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I really just know her from Impact, but I wouldn't recognise her in that picture.

On a side note it’s SmackDown!’s No 1 Announcer’s Funaki’s training school.

Next weeks MLW might have a match of the year contender on it as Tankman goes up against Jacob Fatu for the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

May it be on their heads if they're considering something there.

EDIT That's regards Tessa.

I always thought WWE would be more likey to sign her, that said I didnt think either would touch her if Im honest due to the back lash.

What did she actually do to get this reputation as a racist? Is it warranted?

Ok, checked out a few articles. Yeah I cant see her being welcomed much in WWE with Chelsea Green and Darbys ex being very adamant about the accusations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭savemejebus

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ok, checked out a few articles. Yeah I cant see her being welcomed much in WWE with Chelsea Green and Darbys ex being very adamant about the accusations.

Ummm, remind me who's a host for Wrestlemania?

The problem is Green and Priscilla are not up to much.

I wouldn't put it past them to bring Tessa straight to the main roster thereby sidestepping any problems with them sharing a locker room.

Ummm, remind me who's a host for Wrestlemania?

Tessa is not the star Hogan was.

The problem is Green and Priscilla are not up to much.

I wouldn't put it past them to bring Tessa straight to the main roster thereby sidestepping any problems with them sharing a locker room.

A good point, but with Riddle, Theory and Dream still there, do they wanna add another person to bring heat to them?

I dunno, dont think they need her or that shes worth the trouble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Tessa is not the star Hogan was.

Of course not but he is far far far more toxic and they shoved him back down the lockerrooms throat after the scandal had abated a bit and now they're doing it again despite Titus and Big E being unhappy. They don't give a stuff about locker room morale.

Agree with you 100% that they don't need her though.

Advertisement