Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

KKkitty wrote: »
    Mojo Rawley has been released too.

Finally some good news!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

Fella loses his job..... ah yea finally some good news....

Loughc wrote: »
    Finally some good news!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭kksaints

Fella loses his job..... ah yea finally some good news....

Strange one especially as the Loughc also posted this in the releases thread for this year.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116903702&postcount=61

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

KKkitty wrote: »
    Mojo Rawley has been released too.

Surprised..... WWE giving up on Gronk ?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,415 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

FITE TV has been bought out by a company that put on the Tyson vs Roy Jones fight and has Snopp Dogg as a partner.

FITE TV has 4 million registered users worldwide according to the deal.

https://www.sportico.com/business/media/2021/triller-buys-fite-1234627523/

• Advertisement

Strange one, when thats got nothing to do with the words he/she posted in the thread above..... Which was taking joy in someone losing their job

Strange one that.
    kksaints wrote: »
    Strange one especially as the Loughc also posted this in the releases thread for this year.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116903702&postcount=61

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I feel bad for the likes of Tucky who had a good thing going in his Heavy Machinary tag team, then forced to turn on Otis to garner him sympathy. Then absolutely no follow up after that, atleast give them both something for two months to see what happens.

They just threw Otis into another tag team then, silly stuff. Was looking forward to the follow up. Why you ask....because it makes logically sense unlike 90% of the booking they do.

Maybe he will end up in NJPW, have a Bernard like run, as he does have nice agility for a big man.

The likes of Mojo and Dallas staying for as long as they did and not having anything to do is more tondo with lack of consideration or care with creative then just then.

Mid card or even lower card WWF receive a huge amount of attention and characters allowed to develop, now it's barely an afterthought. Which is mind boggling considering the amount of time they need to fill.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I think, and he can correct me himself, that Loughc was 100% totally tongue in cheek when he made his remark.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Must you always put your reply above the person you are quoting? eg, like this :pac:
    Strange one, when thats got nothing to do with the words he/she posted in the thread above..... Which was taking joy in someone losing their job

Strange one that.

Sirsok wrote: »
    I feel bad for the likes of Tucky who had a good thing going in his Heavy Machinary tag team, then forced to turn on Otis to garner him sympathy. Then absolutely no follow up after that, atleast give them both something for two months to see what happens.

They just threw Otis into another tag team then, silly stuff. Was looking forward to the follow up. Why you ask....because it makes logically sense unlike 90% of the booking they do.

Maybe he will end up in NJPW, have a Bernard like run, as he does have nice agility for a big man.

The likes of Mojo and Dallas staying for as long as they did and not having anything to do is more tondo with lack of consideration or care with creative then just then.

Mid card or even lower card WWF receive a huge amount of attention and characters allowed to develop, now it's barely an afterthought. Which is mind boggling considering the amount of time they need to fill.

In the past 10 years so many things happen in WWE that just happen. Otis and Tucker was an example, Hurt Business break up was another, Murphy and Rey Mysterio's girl (examples all in teh last year)

All 3 examples about were better without the turn Murphy was better with Seth, Hurt Business was working great, Otis and Tucker worked brilliantly getting the ebst out of each other...... break ups for the sake of it make no sense, it just lowers talent.

I see no logic at all in the examples above.

• Advertisement

Must you always put your reply above the person you are quoting? eg, like this :pac:

Why does this gimmick bother some so much?

Like of all the things to beat the poster with, this isnt one of them.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    In the past 10 years so many things happen in WWE that just happen. Otis and Tucker was an example, Hurt Business break up was another, Murphy and Rey Mysterio's girl (examples all in teh last year)

All 3 examples about were better without the turn Murphy was better with Seth, Hurt Business was working great, Otis and Tucker worked brilliantly getting the ebst out of each other...... break ups for the sake of it make no sense, it just lowers talent.

I see no logic at all in the examples above.

What's the saying, if ain't broke, don't fix it, but put it in reverse (whatever that maybe), and apply it to WWE's main roster storytelling wholesale.

Whenever something is clearly working, Vince, and indirectly Bruce and whoever else might have Vince's ear, have to go and take a crowbar to it and wreck it.

Love this compliment sandwich, but he is right. On the list of things to argue about, me posting above a quote is the one you go for???? That shouldnt be in your top 400
    Why does this gimmick bother some so much?

Like of all the things to beat the poster with, this isnt one of them.

Ah mate come on, that is the response when someone calls out childish behaviour 'i was only messin'

It was a rotten thing to say, but sure its all good
    Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I think, and he can correct me himself, that Loughc was 100% totally tongue in cheek when he made his remark.

What's the saying, if ain't broke, don't fix it, but put it in reverse (whatever that maybe), and apply it to WWE's storytelling wholesale.

Otis is no great pro wrestler, but he has a place. He was fairly entertaining and he and Tucker complimented each other well, and they bounced off one another.

I guess Vince saw Otis as a singles star, hence the break up and MITB push then soured on it as he does so often I didnt see Otis as a singles star personally, mid card tag team was the height of him. Now Tuckers gone, tossed to the side and Otis is shoehorned in a heel tag team with another talented guy that suffered from a tag team broken up too early.

Gable and Jordan worked. Jordan needed Gable and was lost without him, and Gable is capable of being a singles guy but never got a real chance (dont @me about Short G).

Vince has a habit of breaking things that arent broke. He loves breaking up teams that work. Dudleys, Bludgeon Brothers, etc..

Ah mate come on, that is the response when someone calls out childish behaviour 'i was only messin'

It was a rotten thing to say, but sure its all good

I've already said my piece. Now if that's all, have yourself a pleasant afternoon.

I've the new Cannibal Corpse album here waiting to be played.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

No sir you are indeed correct it was completely tongue in cheek but I would expect that to go over the heads of any semi-intelligent marks... ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mod Hat On:
    Lads, cut out the personal nonsense.

weareallrealmarks, you're just back from a 1 month ban from the forum for ignoring a mod warning (twice!) not to post in here. You're still thread banned, and you're straight back into personal arguments with people, so I've got zero tolerance here. 3 month ban issued.

Everyone else, if you've got issues with another user's posts, report or ignore. Do not drag the news thread into this sort of discussions please.

What do folks think of the other releases?

I was surprised Royce got released, Vince was seemingly high on her. Another example of splitting team and having nothing for them to do as singles stars ...at least push one of them for gods sake.

Billie Kay was an interesting personality. Horrible wrestler, but my god she at least had some qualities as a character.

Im not Iconics fans in terms of seeing the future of pro wrestling, but I get that not every wrestler nbeeds to be a Becky or Asuka to have a place. The Iconics were a decent lower card act and their antics had a place in wrestling. Hard to believe they went over at Mania 2 years ago.

Mickie James wasnt used effectively IMO, she could be a decent talent still at this stage....., Id keep her over the likes of Evans, Tamina, Nattie, Lana, Naomi .....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

What do folks think of the other releases?

I was surprised Royce got released, Vince was seemingly high on her. Another example of splitting team and having nothing for them to do as singles stars ...at least push one of them for gods sake.

Billie Kay was an interesting personality. Horrible wrestler, but my god she at least had some qualities as a character.

Im not Iconics fans in terms of seeing the future of pro wrestling, but I get that not every wrestler nbeeds to be a Becky or Asuka to have a place. The Iconics were a decent lower card act and their antics had a place in wrestling. Hard to believe they went over at Mania 2 years ago.

Mickie James wasnt used effectively IMO, she could be a decent talent still at this stage....., Id keep her over the likes of Evans, Tamina, Nattie, Lana, Naomi .....

I imagine Peyton was punished for speaking out of turn. Didn't her mother post some dig at Charlotte on social media? Charlotte's promo from Raw this week seemed half shoot as well having digs at a bitter locker room.

In regards Billie I'm hearing stories that she was decent in the ring pre WWE so she was probably just one of those wrestlers that regressed in ring, simply because it wasn't her in her character to be good in the ring.

I think Impact would be a clever move for both Billie and Peyton, as unless Peyton is going to be a valet she's not going to be the division changer AEW need more of.

Mickie is a weird one given they seem to sign people now half for talent, half for the future in mind where she could be a trainer. I'd say Mickie thinks she has more to give as a talent, I'd like to see her in AEW as a seasoned member of the division, something they need more of.

• Advertisement

Mickie can have her pick of companies and one that will give her time to do her music as well working part time.

Mickie is also a veteran who doesn't seem to have a huge ego and would be happy to just wrestle and put younger talent over.

I imagine Peyton was punished for speaking out of turn. Didn't her mother post some dig at Charlotte on social media? Charlotte's promo from Raw this week seemed half shoot as well having digs at a bitter locker room.

In regards Billie I'm hearing stories that she was decent in the ring pre WWE so she was probably just one of those wrestlers that regressed in ring, simply because it wasn't her in her character to be good in the ring.

I think Impact would be a clever move for both Billie and Peyton, as unless Peyton is going to be a valet she's not going to be the division changer AEW need more of.

Mickie is a weird one given they seem to sign people now half for talent, half for the future in mind where she could be a trainer. I'd say Mickie thinks she has more to give as a talent, I'd like to see her in AEW as a seasoned member of the division, something they need more of.

Where ever the Iconics go, they should go together. They are stronger as a duo, great chemistry in terms of their personalities.

Never knew about Peyton having heat, what happened there?

Also, speaking to releases, Aleister Black....who sought his release months ago, is apparently filming vignettes for a return. Love Black, but after being slowly built up on Raw after his split with Ricochet, he suffered from Heyman leaving the writing team and appears to have been punished for his wifes actions.

Remember at last years Mania he pinned Lashley clean. What a year (or a few months) can do huh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,388 ✭✭✭Riddle101

WWE are weird when it comes to releases. Just when you think a wrestler is doing well in the company or getting over, they pull the rug from underneath them almost unexpectedly. I wasn't so much surprised for Mickie James because WWE didn't seem to care all that much for her, but Bille Kay was one of the more interesting female talents in WWE. We all thought Peyton would be the star of the group, but Billy kind've outshined her on Smackdown. She's really good with comedy and there's usually a niche for comedy wrestlers in WWE.

Peyton was also a surprise because as mentioned before, Vince seemed to be high on her last year. I thought when they broke them up it was to give Peyton a singles push but it was squashed just as soon as it started. There was really no reason to break the Iconics up in the end.

Samoa Joe was sad but I think he got what he needed out of WWE at least. He's got plenty of viable options for him now.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    WWE are weird when it comes to releases. Just when you think a wrestler is doing well in the company or getting over, they pull the rug from underneath them almost unexpectedly. I wasn't so much surprised for Mickie James because WWE didn't seem to care all that much for her, but Bille Kay was one of the more interesting female talents in WWE. We all thought Peyton would be the star of the group, but Billy kind've outshined her on Smackdown. She's really good with comedy and there's usually a niche for comedy wrestlers in WWE.

Peyton was also a surprise because as mentioned before, Vince seemed to be high on her last year. I thought when they broke them up it was to give Peyton a singles push but it was squashed just as soon as it started. There was really no reason to break the Iconics up in the end.

Samoa Joe was sad but I think he got what he needed out of WWE at least. He's got plenty of viable options for him now.

Peyton is the female Otis in terms of being broken up from her tag partner for a push that never came, then shoehorned into a team with another meandering talent (Lacey in her case).

Not that it was much, but it was only a month ago she had her best showing in a WWE ring against Asuka. Havent seen much from her but there have been flashes of talent in ring wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Joe is the obvious pick of the bunch. He has a role to play in any company he wants.

Kalisto is the one I'm most excited to see outside of WWE. When he was signed he'd amassed a good amount of buzz, but he was signed at like the age of 22 and has been in the WWE system for the majority of his career. If he can get out of that WWE mindset and way of working he'll be an exciting addition to any roster.

Joe is the obvious pick of the bunch. He has a role to play in any company he wants.

Kalisto is the one I'm most excited to see outside of WWE. When he was signed he'd amassed a good amount of buzz, but he was signed at like the age of 22 and has been in the WWE system for the majority of his career. If he can get out of that WWE mindset and way of working he'll be an exciting addition to any roster.

Man he looked great pre WWE, but he looked either nervous or devoid of confidence in WWE at times. Any time he received some resemblance of a push, he seemed to mess up (though I loved him in TLC some years back). That said I always wondered did his previous concussions play a part. He was suffering with post concussion syndrome, the same illness that ended Bret Hart’s career before joining WWE.

But that said, WWE were very hot and cold with him at times. Hated the Lucha House Party run, the smell of the Mexicools off them was too similar. (3 talented guys thrown together in stereotypical fashion and type cast).

But yeah, hes young (34), so hes plenty of years ahead of him. Really hope he goes to AEW.... though, do they need him..... loads of similar, and better talents). I used to think he was WWEs answer to their "next" Rey Mysterio latin star. I wrote an article for VoW years ago stating how hes a slam dunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Man he looked great pre WWE, but he looked either nervous or devoid of confidence in WWE at times. Any time he received some resemblance of a push, he seemed to mess up (though I loved him in TLC some years back). That said I always wondered did his previous concussions play a part. He was suffering with post concussion syndrome, the same illness that ended Bret Hart’s career before joining WWE.

But that said, WWE were very hot and cold with him at times. Hated the Lucha House Party run, the smell of the Mexicools off them was too similar. (3 talented guys thrown together in stereotypical fashion and type cast).

But yeah, hes young (34), so hes plenty of years ahead of him. Really hope he goes to AEW.... though, do they need him..... loads of similar, and better talents). I used to think he was WWEs answer to their "next" Rey Mysterio latin star. I wrote an article for VoW years ago stating how hes a slam dunk.

Once he was gone from NXT that was the end. Vince never seemed interested in the "Mysterio" role for him.

In terms of a landing spot I'm not sure. I know I'd like to see him do some NJPW Strong and maybe eventually get some tours of Japan, maybe ROH is the right landing spot for him.

Once he was gone from NXT that was the end. Vince never seemed interested in the "Mysterio" role for him.

In terms of a landing spot I'm not sure. I know I'd like to see him do some NJPW Strong and maybe eventually get some tours of Japan, maybe ROH is the right landing spot for him.

He just blended into the background, reading the article (linky below?), esp the final few paragraphs, its nuts that WWE are worse at making stars than in 2015 (cant believe this was from 2015.)

https://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2015/11/16/is-wwes-answer-right-under-their-nose/

Chelsea Green is saying one of the planned storylines for her was to be Mickie James's stalker reversing the role on Mickie from when she started with Trish.

That would have been awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I like the idea of it but don't think the timing would've been a good idea after Alexa and especially Sonya's issues with stalkers and I'm sure the other women as well

Advertisement