Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,901 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

beakerjoe wrote: »
    What would WWE have to gain by letting him leave? Cant see them agreeing to it.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1373833238121226240

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

It's Monday, it's 8:25am and I stayed up for Fastlane. But that news has me so happy. Delighted for him. Now bring me La Sombra!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,796 ✭✭✭kksaints

Raw and Smackdown highlights are on Virgin Media 2 at 10:30 on Saturday and Sunday morning respectively. Is this the first time that WWE shows have been on an FTA Irish channel (not C4 or Sky 1 etc)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

kksaints wrote: »
    Raw and Smackdown highlights are on Virgin Media 2 at 10:30 on Saturday and Sunday morning respectively. Is this the first time that WWE shows have been on an FTA Irish channel (not C4 or Sky 1 etc)?

From memory yes. I don’t think RTÉ ever showed it

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Didn't some say the other day that the NWA PPV was also on Virgin as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,901 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Wow that's a big get for VM

I think 5 star or channel 5 also air a weekend highlights show

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

I remember years ago on an episode of Raw or Smackdown from early 2000s, there was a backstage segment, possibly a hard-core match where there was a random production guy wearing an t-shirt with the RTE logo on the back. Think it was RTE2 at the time. I remember thinking it was such an odd thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TheLocalMan

Why would he do that? The man's talented and will be an asset anywhere. No way does he just retire to be a house husband while his wife works. He'll wrestle elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,055 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Judging from that 2nd Twiter post

No doubt Charlotte was involved somehow in WWE releasing Andrade

She forced their hands I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Headshot wrote: »
    Judging from that 2nd Twiter post

No doubt Charlotte was involved somehow in WWE releasing Andrade

She forced their hands I reckon

Threaten to pull an Austin, and take her ball and go home weeks out from Mania?

I honestly thought she would've thrown him under the bus. Boy was I dead wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TheLocalMan

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Threaten to pull an Austin, and take her ball and go home weeks out from Mania?

I honestly thought she would've thrown him under the bus. Boy was I dead wrong.

Yeah, that's what loving girlfriends do. Throw their man under the bus. Uh huh.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,055 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Oh wow you don't see that often with non complete clauses

Damn so many promotions are going to be after him

The lads who slaughter Dave on line won’t give him any journalistic credit for breaking news like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,758 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The lads who slaughter Dave on line won’t give him any journalistic credit for breaking news like this.

He’s always been good when reporting facts. It’s his opinions that have become more ridiculous over the years and biases are even subtle any more. That’s my issue with him. Call balls and strike so to speak for both teams and don’t be making excuses for either team.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Imagine stanning a 60 year old wrestling "journalist". Cringey as fúck.

Look at the state of him over the weekend, comparing the earthquake in Japan to his star ratings and telling people who don't like Kevin Kelly's commentary "To die."

But he breaks something (first thing in a while, I'd say...) and it's "Ha, Meltzer is the man." His followers really are cult-like.

Edit: Meltzer on Charlotte...
    “She’s doing the movie. As far as Charlotte and WrestleMania, they’re definitely avoiding me on that one. There’s definitely a story that’s not the movie, because if it was the movie it wouldn’t be hidden.”

“It’s definitely something that’s behind hidden as far as what’s going on with Charlotte.”

People pay money for this. Actual money. I could set up a Paypal and give you that level of journalism. Any takers? But I'll tell you beforehand, Vince is avoiding me on this one guys.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Imagine stanning a 60 year old wrestling "journalist". Cringey as fúck.

Look at the state of him over the weekend, comparing the earthquake in Japan to his star ratings and telling people who don't like Kevin Kelly's commentary "To die."

But he breaks something (first thing in a while, I'd say...) and it's "Ha, Meltzer is the man." His followers really are cult-like.

Twitter has been good for some people but it makes him look awful. Some of his replies have been unnecessarily rude and there’s a “how dare you not see it from my point of view” tone from them. I mean he and Jim cornette used to be friends but he’s unnecessarily kept up heat between the two and kept taking shots at him. Cornette is living rent free in his head because on at least one occasion meltzer inserted himself into a conversation he wasn’t tagged in, so he went out of his way to find it.

Charlotte among others has been announced for a virtual meet and greet over WM weekend so that should put paid to any speculation now.

Prices start at $125 for a 2 minute one to one video chat with your favorite superstar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Charlotte among others has been announced for a virtual meet and greet over WM weekend so that should put paid to any speculation now.

$125 for a 2 minute one to one video chat with your favorite superstar.

God speed to any unimpaired adult who would sign up for that.

Prices start at $125 for a 2 minute one to one video chat with your favorite superstar.

Starting at $125 bucks for 2 minutes 1 to 1? Get out the door with that absolute cash grab. Then again there are people who will stump up that cash..

This is way the WWE didn't want the talent on Twitch etc making their own money when the company can use the talent to make money for the WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I can only imagine the fume amongst some of the superstars having to do it if they aren't getting a decent wedge out of it.

I find the whole personalized fandom for monetary gains so weird. It surely only encourages people with a screw loose to step over the line even more while taking them to the cleaners for same.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

That seems like an awful lot of moolah for 2 min, and the fact its “starting from”, you can suspect the $125 is for someone like one of Retribution and not Roman Reigns!

If ya got it to burn I suppose it's good enough.

On a personal note, I met Mark Tremonti and his backing band after his Dublin gig several years ago, all it cost me? Price of a t-shirt.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

They don't want to have to do a million of these videos.

They're probably happier getting one person to pay 200 quid than 10 people to pay 20. Less issues to deal with, and cuts down the number of creeps drastically, I'd imagine.

As my grandfather said “a gob****e and his money are soon parted.” Why would you pay anything near a 100 dollars for that ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    If ya got it to burn I suppose it's good enough.

On a personal note, I met Mark Tremonti and his backing band after his Dublin gig several years ago, all it cost me? Price of a t-shirt.

Did he greet you with arms wide open?

• Advertisement

Did he greet you with arms wide open?

Oi vey I should've seen that one coming :pac:

Advertisement