Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Navi Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I'm going to take a guess that more web specific developers have figured out what the site counts as unique and when it comes up just go in with thousands of entry's. The best chance at a system like this is just after they implement it.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

ya no doubt, I know originally they figured how to get item in to basket and you try order straight away, but recent I think there are scripts in secret groups which I am not part of unfortunately.

Mine just changed to 50 min wait, but I know from past experiences usually gone in less than 10min

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,149 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The usual "more than an hour" here. Waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Confused11811

Just in case anyone is waiting for it, there will be no AMD drop today

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Gary kk

Is there a drop today?

• Advertisement

Was just about to post , yes there is one. Queue should start at 2:55pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Anyone get one? For the craic I opened up the page but got the message all are sold out. I haven't ever opened it to see what the new system is like as I already have a card but thought I would find out now but sold out. May give it a look next week.

Same sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Kirijoleth

Yup, same result here, sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,702 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

At this stage you should know, you can't beat the queues without bots anymore. 😓

• Advertisement

I think the old system was better a lot here including me were able to pick one up. I don't think anyone here has managed to get one since they changed it.

Nah, you just participated before people with coding skills started to really look at it. Towards the end of the last system, they had purchased the cards before normal users had even gotten the chance to buy. I mean they had literally bought the cards before the drop had happened by going direct into digital rivers system and bypassing AMDs site.

The new system worked well, but to be honest when there is money involved it doesn't matter. You can't filter by IP because with CGNAT you can have entire populations behind a single IP. Unique system ID's can be spoofed, VM's can be spoofed to be real machines. The captcha system only works if there is no monetary advantage, otherwise you send the images off to a paid team in a low cost location, who in 15 minutes of queue time could nock out hundreds of them for a euro per person. Meaning, your place in the "queue" is nothing compared to a scalper having thousands.

And it seems obvious at this point, the MSRP is a pipe dream due to Covid and AMD/Nvidia is selling these direct cards at a loss.

Saw a 3060 ti for decent money on Amazon de started reading the reviews it was all miners giving out about not know it was a low hash rate card before buying. I nearly pissed myself

Not sure either AMD or Nvidia are selling cards at a loss but the numbers being sold in Europe are very small especially AMD.

This is what was available yesterday 75 x RX6900XT, 50 x RX6800XT and 250 RX6700XT for all of Europe. With those numbers it's very difficult to get anything.

The add to cart script under the old system was brilliant It served me well. I went from a rx6700xt to a rx6800 then finally a rx6800xt on the last of the old system drops.

On the second week of the new system I got another rx6800xt for my second rig. Used 60-80 chrome sessions. Back then the stock levels where 3 times what they are now. After 15 minutes you could still get a rx6900xt.

I got another rx6800xt on the Monday drop a couple of weeks back again using multiple chrome sessions. That's now in a gaming rig I built for a mate about 2 months ago, it's replaced a gtx 1070 placeholder card. Probably luck because the Monday drop reduced the number of people trying for a card. Sometimes a bit of luck is needed. That said I'm working from home and can sit around on a Thursday afternoon or when a drop is scheduled and set up my PC , no chance of me doing that in the office.

I tried again yesterday with multiple sessions and it looked like I got another card only for that order to be cancelled.

I'll keep on trying , it'll probably be another few months before I get a sniff of anything. But I've a bunch of people asking me to build gaming PC's based on my ITX build. It use to be a nice sideline making PC'S. Not so much now with the current supply issues.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I tried for a long time with the AMD drop but it was such a waste of time. Never got even a sniff of a card, it was depressing. I would love a 6800 but just can't be arsed doing all that any more.

Yesterday I got a slot for 15min, was my best yet, but with 2 min on the clock, queue was stopped 😣

A few months back when stock levels where more than double you'd have gotten either a RX6700XT or a RX6900XT with that time.

Hopefully more stock appears in Europe next year or least back to previous levels. I wonder if drops will happen over Xmas and if public holidays will affect the days they happen especially the week of Xmas and the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Flyb4ck

Is anybody aware of how the dutch script is supposed to work? (https://amd-companion.vuurvlieg.eu/docs/prologue/introduction/)

It looks like it's manipulating the queue and guarantees a chance to the people invited to wait a very short amount of time. The developer is trying to fix AMD mess by using a ticket system in which once you get one card then you are pushed at the back of the line. This is how it appears:

People are reporting that since the existence of this script there is always a "more than an hour" wait for everybody.

I think it was mentioned here before or at least some queue skipping bots was. I read about it on Hardwareluxx. It's basically just a bot with closed membership and it's been in existence a while now.

Reported to give it's members an edge, well that's according to those who reported success (who could be paid or part of the supposed bot crew). Plenty of people on Hardwareluxx complain they can't complete checkouts and using it blocks them on AMD, some concerns mentioned about using PayPal with it and giving the script access to payment details. A few there reported success without using it.

Personally I'd be reluctant to use such a service without knowing more about how it handles payments , how secure it actually is. It could be a scam or something great but I wouldn't chance it as thing stand.

Well no luck on the drop again today, had a queue with 10 min on it, but only got to 4 min left and stopped again.

Try again after Christmas I suppose.

• Advertisement

I see online most who get through end up buying 1 of each, they should really limit that to 1 card of any type per household for 6months instead of the 1 sku per household every 90 days.

If you are buying cards that often then obviously you are selling them on 😔

Nobody really knows what AMD limits are but it's widely accepted that 1 of each sku per 1/4 is safe enough. In fairness that's easy to over come by changing to a different delivery address. I'd a RX6700XT cancelled last week despite not having an RX6700XT ordered to the address in 6 months so there may be other limits.

Also I wouldn't pay much attention to whats said online either, lots of people get a kick out of winding up others claiming they get multiple cards at every drop. They may be ordering them or just photo-shopping or re-uploading somebody else successful order. They don't tell you about the cancelled orders either.

IMHO The problem isn't people selling them on, just there isn't enough being sold. The same numbers as last week sold again this week. In normal times you wouldn't have to settle for an RX6700XT until you got a RX6800XT, you'd just get a RX6800XT from the get go.

Hopefully you've better luck in the future, a 10 minute queue would have bagged you a rx6700xt or rx6900xt a couple of months back when stock being sold was more than double, hopefully those levels returns. Also there might be a drop next Thursday too.

Did you use multiple tabs on one browser or multiple individual browser sessions ?

Yes I got one.

Sorry I meant I got one nearly a year ago.

I couldn't say if the error was on your end or not but you where unlucky.

I don't use any of the multiple browser plugins like session box or similar. I tried these before and got errors like yours.

The last few weeks I actually use individual chrome sessions using a shortcut hack. I created several chrome shortcuts in a folder on my desktop and name them session1 , session 2 and so on. Then I edited the data path like this

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --user-data-dir="c:\amd\session1"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --user-data-dir="c:\amd\session2"

And so on.

I keep each session clear, clean cookies after use and only load at max 5 sessions per virtual desktop. That make monitoring them easier as you can have them in none Fullscreen mode and offset each session in such a way that you can see where the little man is positioned at . If he's stuck at the start you can assume it's an hour long wait , if there's movement you click on the chrome instance and check the time. Eventually you close off all the sessions that have no chance and just monitor the rest.

Crazy that this has to be done but that's the way of things now.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,149 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Drop happening at the mo if you fancy trying to win the lotto.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The chances of winning the actual lotto are probably better.

If opening chrome tabs and starting a new process ID are good enough to get multiple queue places, then not a chance in hell some scripts couldn't create thousands of places.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,702 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Advertisement

€250 would have been a fair price for that card. As the $200 in America does not include taxes.

Advertisement