Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AMD Navi Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Confused11811

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Usually I get a position more than an hour and never get a chance. Last week for launch of 6600XT I got a slot with 40min remaining and got excited but alas 20later all sold out

It's a lottery, try multiple browsers in normal mode and incognito on as many devices as you can use.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

How do you get into the new queueing system on the AMD site. I've had a browser open all morning and refreshing the page every so often and nothing changes.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

So eventually the queue thing came up. All my tabs are showing over an hour in the queue so I assume I am getting nothing today.

• Advertisement

After about 10 minutes I got a message that everything was sold out. I guess I will need more browsers next time. Turns out 10 isn't enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I haven't been following on in months but I was on discord just for the craic one day and seen them mention new scripts. So there may be new scripts available to enable you to get a new card.

I just checked just now and there is 100% new scripts which enable you to add to cart when you are waiting in line.

Fúcking hell. I'll have to give that a go next week. Do you have a link to the discord? I assume you will still miss out if your position in the queue is still way back like I was today.

I only have it on my phone. And I tried to search for it on PC and it looks to be a private group now but I will PM screenshots from my phone.

• Advertisement

@AlmightyCushion I have been blocked from sending PM when I tried to send you the script in PM. It triggered a response from the website saying it is protecting itself from attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Anyone ordered from the AMD site in the UK?

I managed to get a 6800 at around €630, but a friend in the UK is seeing 6800 XTs for over £1,000 for some reason.

Is this just a placeholder pricing thing, or is that what the cards actually sell for?

Anyone ordered from the AMD site in the UK?

Why would you buy from the UK AMD site when we have our own? Unless you live in UK. You would also be charged extra taxes when bringing it in to Ireland from UK.

There is no AMD UK site at the moment. AMD aren't selling to the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I don't. From my previous comment:

I managed to get a 6800 at around €630, but a friend in the UK is seeing 6800 XTs for over £1,000 for some reason.

Being resold on ebay or elsewhere ?

Apparently AMD will be stopping selling GPU'S directly in October. Inflated prices elsewhere as the only option set to follow. Anybody who got one directly from them did well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

December last year they said they would produce refernce designs indefinitely due to demand.

Far as I can see demand hasn't dropped so be disappointing if they do stop selling them

Yeah I'm waiting on official word but some on Hardwareluxx who seem to be in the know are saying it. If they go the way of sales partners with the likes of Scan UK or similar we'll be left out as per usual.

On a more positive note, anyone with a Ryzen 3000 series CPU, B450 chipset motherboard and a RX6000 series graphic card should check if there is a bios update available for their mobo to enable AMD's SAM. Many B450 mobos have had a backport for SAM applied. It can give you about a 10% free performance boost. I got excellent boost results after updating my 2pc's bios and converting hard drive from mbr to get

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Is there a stock drop for cards in the next hour?

Signed up to a few discords but havent had any notifications and havent seen anything on the AMD site for a while now.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭manshay

It was several hours ago. Sign up to a telegram alert called AMD CAT Checker which heralds when stock codes change. The codes change a period of time before they go on sale. I got a message at 1.06pm today to say all cards but 6800XT MB and 6900XT would be on sale. Followed by another at 1.12pm to say the 6900XT would be on sale. They are all gone now and I'm not sure how many were offered for sale or at what the exact time.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,122 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Anyone here actually manage to get one through the queue system? Been at it a few weeks now but no joy yet, think I've seen people on reddit say they've been at it over a year without success.

Seriously considering going the route of scripting/bots to try get one for a reasonable price 😕

Tried it a good few times and no luck at all. Closest I got was maybe 15 minutes from getting in but that is it. It's so disheartening.

I was lucky I got mine last spring before there was scripts available.

I'm not sure if there is scripts available now since they changed the website.

It can be done but yesterday's drop was terrible, only 325 cards for all of the EU everything sold out after 3 minutes, previously you could get a rx6900xt or 6700xt after 10-12 minutes. Last week's drop wasn't much better than yesterday's. There was a time when between 600 and 900 cards where dropped a week and even that was a terrible small amount.

The queue system has changed a bit recently. If you enter the same email address in each separate tab/browser you'll get the same queue ID and thus the same time on each browser. Use unique emails for each browser on the same IP. You should probably use a VPN on your PC when entering the queue, turn off the VPN when finished loading up your tabs. AMD can somehow block IP's that have had multiple queues loaded up on them. If you change IP and before you get into the shop you won't be blocked from adding to the basket. Rx6900xt and rx6700xt are the safest bet if you do get in as the usually have most stock. Others might appear in stock but are sold by the time you get to checkout.

For anybody thinking about trying today for an AMD card at 2:45 - 3:00 pm don't bother it's already happened an hour early

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Gary kk

Lol cheers the hour change?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,122 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah I got in the queue alright by pure luck that I checked it early, the usual "more than hour" wait, all cards gone in 5 minutes.

The EU queue/stock in EU is a disgrace. US you can get something after 15-18 minutes , EU all gone in 3 minutes. Feel sorry for anybody trying to get a card the last while. Delighted I got mine when it was possible for a human to get one

275 cards where available this week for all of the EU.

75 - RX6900XT, 50 - RX6800XT, 150 - RX6700XT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Gary kk

With that number you can be sure every prebuilder has got it sown up. With the odd miner

Advertisement