Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Navi Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

Gumbi wrote: »
    What are the chances of AIB or custom BIOSes coming out with higher frequency sliders for overclocking? It's seems like if you have the cooling, some of the cards can be pushed really far.
    You wont see custom BIOSes anytime soon...
    AMD is locking the drivers with BIOS checksum, and you cannot create a custom BIOS. However, if you have a 6800, you can load the 6800XT BIOS, which the driver cannot tell if it's the correct one.

More info here, around 12:00
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atb7jEaZ5LQ

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

AMD have had locked bios' for a few years now but I had a 5700 XT and could use MPT to gain performance and I'm sure the new Navi cards are the same. (MorePowerTool is the same as Power tables editing except in a handy app)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I take it the 6900XT is 2pm tomorrow aswell lads?

Anyone hear anything different....if you were looking for one where is the best bet, alot of you guys have landed your GPU already so this is last gasp saloon for me!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I take it the 6900XT is 2pm tomorrow aswell lads?

Anyone hear anything different....if you were looking for one where is the best bet, alot of you guys have landed your GPU already so this is last gasp saloon for me!!!!

I hate to be that guy, but the rumours paint these as a tad disappointing. Hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Is there independent benches out yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭SickBoy

EoinHef wrote: »
    Is there independent benches out yet?

No

I hate to be that guy, but the rumours paint these as a tad disappointing. Hope I'm wrong.

If I get one its just gonna tide me over till I can get a 3080TI/Super/UBER or anything with more GDDR6x vram in the new year.

If I get one its just gonna tide me over till I can get a 3080TI/Super/UBER or anything with more GDDR6x vram in the new year.

Are you looking to adopt?

Not gonna buy a GPU without lookin at reviews,but if I was looking to buy tomorrow I'd probably be looking at AMD.com and get it direct.

I'm seeing rumors that retailers have got very little stock again so I'd expect amd.com to have more than most of the retailers

Not gonna buy a GPU without lookin at reviews,but if I was looking to buy tomorrow I'd probably be looking at AMD.com and get it direct.

I'm seeing rumors that retailers have got very little stock again so I'd expect amd.com to have more than most of the retailers

Can you buy direct from them....?

Did not know that...I always thought they send you to the nearest supplier to you. Will deffo hit them tomorrow also....;)

• Advertisement

Are you looking to adopt?

Ahh if I get one card I will be selling it to finance the other.....aint got the DE NEROS for both mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 appagri

Rezident wrote: »
    I think I got a 6800 yesterday on OCUK, they were on sale for about 5 minutes. 'order received - not yet shipped' so fingers crossed. Money gone from my Revolut so I am hopeful, as long as they did not oversell again.

How much did you end up paying in Euros?

Still not seeing any reviews or benchmarks and official launch is only 3hrs away......is it not the case benchmarks are usually out 24hrs before card launch???

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

Still not seeing any reviews or benchmarks and official launch is only 3hrs away......is it not the case benchmarks are usually out 24hrs before card launch???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkYMuYFPiRE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVJSwSC49Yk

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

Wizard! wrote: »

These lads could be pulling numbers from their holes.

These lads could be pulling numbers from their holes.

Yeah deffo, unless its the usual suspects that are well known I would not give them clowns the views.

Reviews come out same time as launch, it's bloody annoying.

Hi there

Launch is at 2PM today, you won't be able to buy anything from OcUK at 2PM, you will just be able to browse MBA design product.

We will make product available to order when we see fit, most likely later this week or next week and as usual I shall give a heads up on the OcUK forum in the GPU section a couple of minute before going live, we have around 100 and we expect them to sell out within around 30s even with doing an under the radar style launch.

We will not be taking back orders, if we do over sell when we make them available, the over sold orders will be cancelled and refunded, this is not because any more are coming but simply because we are unwilling to take back orders any more.

From OCUK forum,paper launch is an understatement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

From OCUK forum,paper launch is an understatement

what exactly is 'when we see fit'? :eek: what are these guys up to?

Yup, i would avoid them in future, the whole thing is like a child play to them.

seraphimvc wrote: »
    what exactly is 'when we see fit'? :eek: what are these guys up to?

Yup, i would avoid them in future, the whole thing is like a child play to them.

TBH I can see where they are coming from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

TBH I can see where they are coming from.

I guess I can see why too, but with the recent scalped up BS and back orders fiasco etc, hard to give them benefit of doubt for their professionalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭weisses

Sooo the 6900XT is aimed at fanboys and people with more money then sense

As is the 3090

According to reviews, Makes sense to me anyway

I disagree with HWUB on this one. AMD had to have the 6900XT for mind share purposes and it's good to see real competition in the HALO space. I don't object to $1000 products, they have their place for the hyper enthusiast and AMD are attempting to put manners on nVidia.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭Homelander

The latest on my missing RX6800.....delivered to a random business nearby that's nothing whatsoever to do with me or my workplace. Went over to it and they hadn't a clue but they had less them glowing things to say about Fastway themselves.

Only found this out through AMD support, it's still marked as delivered to me and signed for by me on the official tracking number.

I can't put into words how criminally incompetent Fastway are as a delivery service. How they are even in business just boggles the mind.

I disagree with HWUB on this one. AMD had to have the 6900XT for mind share purposes and it's good to see real competition in the HALO space. I don't object to $1000 products, they have their place for the hyper enthusiast and AMD are attempting to put manners on nVidia.

I have no issue with $1000 products or $1500 products as long as the price makes sense compared to the lower tier product. Both cards pricing do not reflect the performance boost .. hence it is a card for the fanboy etc

Homelander wrote: »
    The latest on my missing RX6800.....delivered to a random business nearby that's nothing whatsoever to do with me or my workplace. Went over to it and they hadn't a clue but they had less them glowing things to say about Fastway themselves.

Only found this out through AMD support, it's still marked as delivered to me and signed for by me on the official tracking number.

I can't put into words how criminally incompetent Fastway are as a delivery service. How they are even in business just boggles the mind.

That sucks

Fastway are useless

Had a 6800xt in my basket. Got Payment details in, tried to click next step, no response for Agen and then eventually start getting access denied messages and can't even open AMDs homepage now.

Absolute ****show.

Homelander wrote: »

So they business say they don't have it?

Sounds like one of them has a shiny new GPU :mad:

Had a 6800xt in my basket. Got Payment details in, tried to click next step, no response for Agen and then eventually start getting access denied messages and can't even open AMDs homepage now.

Absolute ****show.

Had one in my basket too,accepted paypal and all,got to last phase of checkout accepted T&Cs and clicked proceed with payment which is the last step then just nothing.

After leaving it a few mins while pressing proceed every now and then with no joy i refreshed,got the access denied message. Joke

6900 XT is still available at the time of this edit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭Homelander

So they business say they don't have it?

Sounds like one of them has a shiny new GPU :mad:

I would say they definitely don't, not gonna name the place for obvious reasons but it's probably the safest place in the world for something like that.

I'd say it was dumped on their doorstep and probably stolen, where they are based is a very public area and they don't open until 9am.

Again, the biggest mystery is why there and not my actual provided address, which is 30 seconds away. It's so infuriating.

Advertisement