Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marches this Saturday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

But what’s wrong with that? It’s their religious beliefs. If it was Muslims marching on something no one would bat an eyelid

Alot wrong with it, Ireland is a secular republic. Religious rule(in this case Catholics) is horrific for anyone who doesn't obey their religious beliefs, i'd rather live under secular laws than religious laws dictating life and women lose their rights too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Marches tends to attract losers. Obviously the right to peaceful protest is a central tenet of democracy, but marching tends to be a spectacularly ineffectual way to express displeasure.

I was in Dublin CC when one of the water charges marches was taking place. Every workshy chancer, crusty, and malcontent in the country was in attendance.

Surely the fact that they didnt introduce water charges is sign the marches worked :confused:

As for the OP...i cant see someone could be pro transgendar and anti abortion....they are 2 completly different subjects

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

klaaaz wrote: »
    The corporates have overtaken the annual Pride as an advertising their own brand march. The Trans pride is for specific trans issues, it'll probably be a small march so won't really disrupt people's shopping in Brown Thomas.

The Republic of Gilead, oops anti-abortion march is our own right wingers trying to turn the clock back for their wish of religious rule to return.

My protest goodddd other people’s protest baddd.

That ain’t how democracy works pal.

My protest goodddd other people’s protest baddd.

That ain’t how democracy works pal.

So in your view, women's rights are a bad thing and religious rule is a good thing. So undemocratic.

So in your view, women's rights are a bad thing and religious rule is a good thing. So undemocratic.

You’re oversimplifying the pro life movement for a start you’re assuming there are no atheists in the movement or women for that matter. It’s a bit of a daft idea to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Alot wrong with it, Ireland is a secular republic. Religious rule(in this case Catholics) is horrific for anyone who doesn't obey their religious beliefs, i'd rather live under secular laws than religious laws dictating life and women lose their rights too!

Catholic’s are probably the most understanding. If we weren’t then no other religion would be allowed here. Guarantee you go a Muslim only country you won’t find one Catholic Church. Catholic Churches are being destroyed by other religions in catholic based countries.

You’re oversimplifying the pro life movement for a start you’re assuming there are no atheists in the movement or women for that matter. It’s a bit of a daft idea to be honest.

Nope, full of religious nuts.
    Catholic’s are probably the most understanding. If we weren’t then no other religion would be allowed here. Guarantee you go a Muslim only country you won’t find one Catholic Church. Catholic Churches are being destroyed by other religions in catholic based countries.

Quick deflection and target Muslims! Catholic's who endorsed the sexual abuse of kids, the stealing of babies by their church, the dumping of children's bodies into sewage tanks etc. No thanks for a return of that religious rule.

I oppose all forms of religious rule from whatever religion. It's a secular republic not a Gilead one.

Quick deflection and target Muslims! Catholic's who endorsed the sexual abuse of kids, the stealing of babies by their church, the dumping of children's bodies into sewage tanks etc. No thanks for a return of that religious rule.

I oppose all forms of religious rule from whatever religion. It's a secular republic not a Gilead one.

You have preconceived notions and an axe to grind with the church you’re not gonna listen to anything someone tells you on here, enjoy burying you’re head in the sand though, I’m out.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

But what’s wrong with that? It’s their religious beliefs. If it was Muslims marching on something no one would bat an eyelid

LOL. there would be a thread with a 1000 posts before the end of the day.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Omackeral wrote: »
    Especially in July.

Can't think of a worse way to spend a Saturday.

Have you ever been on one? They can actually be pretty fun if the weather is good and you have a few mates around

• Advertisement

LOL. there would be a thread with a 1000 posts before the end of the day.

There’s be hundred people banned as well because were not allowed to TAlk about them

There’s be hundred people banned as well because were not allowed to TAlk about them

Some people do nothing but talk about them and they are not banned so your premise is incorrect.

Child abuse and sexual assaults are in every religion.
    Especially with Muslims. Child marriages and killings for family honour and not to mention the hanging of the gay community and then women of infidelity despite the fact most are raped and killed for not defending themselves. Yeah don’t talk against catholic’s when Muslims are far worse.

Some people do nothing but talk about them and they are not banned so your premise is incorrect.

Wrong. I’ve seen plenty banned over discussing them. Seems it’s fine to hate against catholic people but not ok to talk of other religions.

Wrong. I’ve seen plenty banned over discussing them. Seems it’s fine to hate against catholic people but not ok to talk of other religions.

I bet you haven't seen plenty banned just for discussing them.

I bet you haven't seen plenty banned just for discussing them.

Yes I have. I’ve no reason to lie to any of you. Not my problem if you haven’t seen it. Guess you’re the sort that won’t discuss them for fear of being banned then.

Yes I have. I’ve no reason to lie to any of you. Not my problem if you haven’t seen it. Guess you’re the sort that won’t discuss them for fear of being banned then.

I've discussed them many times. not been banned yet.

I've discussed them many times. not been banned yet.

Well I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

I was at the killarney 4th of july parade yesterday and there was a pride section in it.some woman?in it shouting at children and their families "you are loved you are loved you are all loved".
    Absolutely no need for that s hite at all.

Pride people listen up.its rapidly going towards overkill and people will get sick to the teeth of it.i for one am sick of it.

I was at the killarney 4th of july parade yesterday and there was a pride section in it.some woman?in it shouting at children and their families "you are loved you are loved you are all loved".

Pride people listen up.its rapidly going towards overkill and people will get sick to the teeth of it.i for one am sick of it.

They’ll shout at you for your opinion

• Advertisement

Well I have.

well then perhaps you need to discuss it better.

well then perhaps you need to discuss it better.

So as not to offend anyone. Sorry but if I offend then it’s your problem not mine.
    I’d be the least offended person.
    I don’t lose sleep over it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Religious rule(in this case Catholics) is horrific for anyone who doesn't obey their religious beliefs, i'd rather live under secular laws than religious laws dictating life and women lose their rights too!

As someone who lost an aunt to the Church Of Scientology, I would advise you to take some time to read up on ruthless religious organisations. Hysterical nonsense like the above really makes me cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

What's wrong with political violence?....Our fine nation was established through political violence....but its' founders lost their stomach for butchery and blood cleansing, before they could eradicate the West Brits...The shower who golf clapped and handed out cups of tea to the Crowns thugs as they marched in from Dun Laoghaire, to slaughter those, who had the temerity to state; that all Irishmen should be free...and not just the West Brits, in their semi-and-parasitic-freedom...That all Irishmen should have freedom

Have you ever been to one of these anti-abortion gettogethers...They wheel out, young (young, may I add), far-right Irish catholic priests, who go on rants about the Labour Party, and threaten violence (though I have no idea who is going to cash that cheque their arses are trying to write)

We have no choice
    we have no other choice
    we have no choice
    What needs to be done
    Needs to be done

OMG, I suspect you've been watching too many Michael Collins/ Braveheart/ Patriot Games/ Catholic Priest type films on a loop, you sound like you need a lie down & a strong cup of tea :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

MarkY91 wrote: »
    There's a gay pride AND a transgender pride? How many prides do these guys need?
    Next week the bakers are out on the Mothers Pride march

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

You don't like love?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

MarkY91 wrote: »
    There's a gay pride AND a transgender pride? How many prides do these guys need?

You left out World Pride-I can't wait to see how much the taxpayer had to fork out for this fúckwittery:

https://twitter.com/KZapponeTD/status/1145369692355407873

What's wrong with political violence?....Our fine nation was established through political violence....but its' founders lost their stomach for butchery and blood cleansing, before they could eradicate the West Brits...The shower who golf clapped and handed out cups of tea to the Crowns thugs as they marched in from Dun Laoghaire, to slaughter those, who had the temerity to state; that all Irishmen should be free...and not just the West Brits, in their semi-and-parasitic-freedom...That all Irishmen should have freedom

Have you ever been to one of these anti-abortion gettogethers...They wheel out, young (young, may I add), far-right Irish catholic priests, who go on rants about the Labour Party, and threaten violence (though I have no idea who is going to cash that cheque their arses are trying to write)

We have to start asking ourselves....difficult questions....And I would like to live in a fantasy world, where these difficult questions did not need to be asked....but that is not the real world....and if we do not wish to see our, nation, have its' foundations slowly chipped away at and eroded, we must come up with solutions to these questions....we have no choice

We have no choice

we have no other choice

we have no choice

What needs to be done

Needs to be done
    Ah go on chill out nooch: you should sit down and watch: In the Name of the Father, The wind that shakes the barley.

There there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I think any marches should have to apply for a license from DCC, disruption to bus services cost to business on a Saturday poxy posters up everywhere anti anything and everything groups would be denied. Right to assemble peacefully doesn't come into it when the silly chants start they're not peaceful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

a significant disparity in the attendance numbers of these two marches!

Advertisement