Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marches this Saturday

Options
  • 05-07-2019 3:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭

So while scrolling through my Facebook I noticed people talking about two events both taking part at the garden or remembrance. The first at 12 pm a transgender pride march then at 2 pm the rally for life anti abortion rally. Now surely anyone with a brain can see the political polarization between those two and having them march on the same day at the same place 2 hours apart isn’t exactly the best plan especially with the increase in political violence at events in the last couple of years. I know this hasn’t really made its way to Ireland but there’s no reason why it couldn’t especially with such idiotic planning. Anyone else see there being trouble Between either side?

Comments

Perhaps we need to set up a new garden, the Garden of Fúck You, where they can all meet from now on?

Paul Gogarty can do the opening ceremony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 zuxa gif iwo

i thought it was going to be a different type of parade...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I would guess that transsexuals and pro-lifers are two of the most placid groups of people you could meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

sabat wrote: »
    I would guess that transsexuals and pro-lifers are two of the most placid groups of people you could meet.

I’m not exactly imagining a drag queen in a punch up with some aul lad from the country more-so that the pro life movement would be supported by the far right and they probably would have a presence there and the far left would be an advocate for trans pride so would likely have a presence at the earlier meeting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 zuxa gif iwo

sabat wrote: »

they're all right by themselves, but wait till the TERFs show up...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭micky jammy delahunty

Now surely anyone with a brain can see the political polarization between those two and having them march on the same day at the same place 2 hours apart isn’t exactly the best plan especially with the increase in political violence at events in the last couple of years.

What's wrong with political violence?....Our fine nation was established through political violence....but its' founders lost their stomach for butchery and blood cleansing, before they could eradicate the West Brits...The shower who golf clapped and handed out cups of tea to the Crowns thugs as they marched in from Dun Laoghaire, to slaughter those, who had the temerity to state; that all Irishmen should be free...and not just the West Brits, in their semi-and-parasitic-freedom...That all Irishmen should have freedom

Have you ever been to one of these anti-abortion gettogethers...They wheel out, young (young, may I add), far-right Irish catholic priests, who go on rants about the Labour Party, and threaten violence (though I have no idea who is going to cash that cheque their arses are trying to write)

We have to start asking ourselves....difficult questions....And I would like to live in a fantasy world, where these difficult questions did not need to be asked....but that is not the real world....and if we do not wish to see our, nation, have its' foundations slowly chipped away at and eroded, we must come up with solutions to these questions....we have no choice

We have no choice

we have no other choice

we have no choice

What needs to be done

Needs to be done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

What's wrong with political violence?....Our fine nation was established through political violence....but its' founders lost their stomach for butchery and blood cleansing, before they could eradicate the West Brits...The shower who golf clapped and handed out cups of tea to the Crowns thugs as they marched in from Dun Laoghaire, to slaughter those, who had the temerity to state; that all Irishmen should be free...and not just the West Brits, in their semi-and-parasitic-freedom...That all Irishmen should have freedom

Have you ever been to one of these anti-abortion gettogethers...They wheel out, young (young, may I add), far-right Irish catholic priests, who go on rants about the Labour Party, and threaten violence (though I have no idea who is going to cash that cheque their arses are trying to write)

We have to start asking ourselves....difficult questions....And I would like to live in a fantasy world, where these difficult questions did not need to be asked....but that is not the real world....and if we do not wish to see our, nation, have its' foundations slowly chipped away at and eroded, we must come up with solutions to these questions....we have no choice

We have no choice

we have no other choice

we have no choice

What needs to be done

Needs to be done

Okay I’ll bite, in you’re mind what questions need to be asked and what needs to change about Ireland as a nation?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,749 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

I think some people have far too much time on their hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

:confused:

''Before they could eradicate the west brits''???

''What's wrong with political violence''??

''Blood Cleansing''??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

The first one will be over long before the second one begins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

How can March be this Saturday when we're in July?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

So while scrolling through my Facebook I noticed people talking about two events both taking part at the garden or remembrance. The first at 12 pm a transgender pride march then at 2 pm the rally for life anti abortion rally. Now surely anyone with a brain can see the political polarization between those two and having them march on the same day at the same place 2 hours apart isn’t exactly the best plan especially with the increase in political violence at events in the last couple of years. I know this hasn’t really made its way to Ireland but there’s no reason why it couldn’t especially with such idiotic planning. Anyone else see there being trouble Between either side?

There's a gay pride AND a transgender pride? How many prides do these guys need?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Jesus people love marching...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

they're all right by themselves, but wait till the TERFs show up...

Oh no, what is this new bullshíttery? Something something radical feminist?

People are so lost without their labels.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

hmmm....if a transgender gene could be detected in utero...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,717 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

hmmm....if a transgender gene could be detected in utero...

Or maybe not so much a gene as in-utero hormone exposure. Which can be measured pretty well, based on what I've been told.

The two groups may have more in common than you - or they - suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭corner of hells

lawred2 wrote: »

And "flegs" , don't forget July is marching season.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

lawred2 wrote: »

Especially in July.

Can't think of a worse way to spend a Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Sure everyone needs a hobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,274 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

How many fcuking marches for pride do all these newly invented groups need ?!? ffs …...

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Are trans people not included in the Pride parade?
    i thought it was going to be a different type of parade...

Need to go to Donegal for that march.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Omackeral wrote: »
    Especially in July.

Can't think of a worse way to spend a Saturday.

I can think of a few. Shopping with my wife, for starters.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Berserker wrote: »
    I can think of a few. Shopping with my wife, for starters.

both are quite simply an atrocious way to spend any day of the week - however at least you're not annoying anyone else but yourself when shopping with the mrs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Marching is good exercise

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Marches tends to attract losers. Obviously the right to peaceful protest is a central tenet of democracy, but marching tends to be a spectacularly ineffectual way to express displeasure.

I was in Dublin CC when one of the water charges marches was taking place. Every workshy chancer, crusty, and malcontent in the country was in attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Marches tends to attract losers. Obviously the right to peaceful protest is a central tenet of democracy, but marching tends to be a spectacularly ineffectual way to express displeasure.

I was in Dublin CC when one of the water charges marches was taking place. Every workshy chancer, crusty, and malcontent in the country was in attendance.

I thought you'd find them at water meter installations

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

FG propaganda.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

How many Jaysus parades do the LGBTQ’s need. Ffs it’s ridiculous. Can we have a straight person parade every week aswell? By parading you’re literally singling yourself out as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

How many Jaysus parades do the LGBTQ’s need. Ffs it’s ridiculous. Can we have a straight person parade every week aswell? By parading you’re literally singling yourself out as it is.

The corporates have overtaken the annual Pride as an advertising their own brand march. The Trans pride is for specific trans issues, it'll probably be a small march so won't really disrupt people's shopping in Brown Thomas.

The Republic of Gilead, oops anti-abortion march is our own right wingers trying to turn the clock back for their wish of religious rule to return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

klaaaz wrote: »
    The corporates have overtaken the annual Pride as an advertising their own brand march. The Trans pride is for specific trans issues, it'll probably be a small march so won't really disrupt people's shopping in Brown Thomas.

The Republic of Gilead, oops anti-abortion march is our own right wingers trying to turn the clock back for their wish of religious rule to return.

But what’s wrong with that? It’s their religious beliefs. If it was Muslims marching on something no one would bat an eyelid

Advertisement