Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rikand's Walrus Reveal!

Options

Comments

Necro wrote: »
    Eurovision round could be fun. Might consider it for my own Walrus potentially :D

This must be the drunken post you promised!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Surely everyone would pick Waterloo. When was that again?

tenor.gif?itemid=7939302

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

This must be the drunken post you promised!

Awkwardly I'm not even drunk :o

Lads have a match tomorrow so we watched the football in a house instead :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Reveal starts in about 10 minutes - just putting the finishing touches to my order

This category on the whole was a major disappointment. There were a couple of songs that I liked. Top 5 were all at the very least okay. One song was submitted by 3 people. Another song was submitted by 2 people. Something that could have scored very well here would have been this one.

I dont really know why I like it, but i do. I like the pace and melody to it and its nice and simple and I find myself singing along to it every single time it comes on the radio. There was a couple of songs submitted where I found myself doing this also, but only a couple.

So without further ado, lets start getting the really terrible songs out of the way :D

• Advertisement

Right well I'm terrified! :D

If I finish above the bottom 2 I'll see that as a victory :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,813 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Rikand wrote: »
    This category on the whole was a major disappointment

You shouldn't have set the deadline before Ed Sheeran"s collaboration album ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

If I finish above the bottom 2 I'll see that as a victory :pac:
    wich liam song did you choose this time?

sKeith wrote: »
    wich liam song did you choose this time?

• Advertisement

15th, 14th and 13th Place : Sam Smith, Normani - Dancing with a stranger

I dont like Sam Smith. That Bond theme song he did was horrendous. LIke, really really awful and while this song was better, its not like its hard to do something better than that. I found it so hard to keep my attention to the song all 5 times that I listened to it. So with that in mind, in fact, it might be the best Sam Smith song I have ever heard. Still came last.

2 points goes to
    Strawberry Milkshake, Tritium and Barney92

You shouldn't have set the deadline before Ed Sheeran"s collaboration album ;)

I ****ing hate ed sheeran

I'm so glad there were no ed sheeran submissions :D

:(

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,813 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I really hope it was obvious I was being sarcastic :p

I like Normani's part in that song. But I second Rikand in a dislike for Sam Smith. Even his name is bland lol.

12th Place : Billie Eilish - You should see me in a crown

I liked the start of this but then it dropped into that dubstep whatever the **** it was type thing and i was like nope, nope, nope, nope, bope! And then there was some sort of background chanting about 2 minutes in and I was like, I dont even know what. :sickface.emoticon:

12th Place - 4 points to
    Mollyb60

I like Normani's part in that song. But I second Rikand in a dislike for Sam Smith. Even his name is bland lol.

I liked Normani's part in the video, yes :)

Sorry Strawbs <3

Sorry Strawbs <3

T’is ok. I was gonna pick old town road n all and thought you’d hate it!

• Advertisement

11th Place :: Jenny Lewis - Red Bull and Hennessy

This ones a little bit too much potato and lampshade for me. Just didnt feel like it really went anywhere. Like it started off okay, but I didnt feel like there was any change of pitch or tack from verse to chorus and it just didnt do it for me. I'm after giving it another one last listen here now to make sure I wasnt wrong and I'm still just not feeling this one. Cannot get into it at all :/

11th Place - 5 points to
    Deleted User

Potato and lampshade :pac:

But oh my god I made the top 10 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Potato and lampshade :pac:

But oh my god I made the top 10 :eek:

Sudden realisation I have made the top ten too but then also... Must beat Necro...must beat Necro :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

T’is ok. I was gonna pick old town road n all and thought you’d hate it!

I was between old town road and it as well. I only really like a small bit of the song too.

Barney92 wrote: »
    I was between old town road and it as well. I only really like a small bit of the song too.

I was actually between my song and that Liam Gallagher song, not a word of a lie.

But I thought it was just too much Liam.

Had I known Rikand's 'love' for him though I would have submitted it just for his reaction :D

10th Place : Robyn - Ever Again

Robyn still well decent. And the singing was okay too. I've liked Robyn for years, but this song just didnt really do it for me. The best part of the song though is the video. Dont watch it with the kids in the room though. There's very clear nipples on show and she does have sex with a microphone stand. If this had been a lyrics only song, it probably would have bottom 3'd.... well bottom 4'd because Sam Smith took up the entire bottom 3 :p

10th Place - 6 points to
    builebeag

These next 3 were quite hard to separate

I like that Robyn song. Never heard it before.

9th Place - Naomi Scott - Speechless

This wasnt too bad. I didnt hate it. It's not awesome like Frozen Let it go is obviously. It's not even as good as "A whole new world" from the other Aladdin from 30 years ago. Nice singer, but i didnt really feel anything from the song. Yeah it was okay.

9th Place - 7 points to
    Micksjaguar

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

is everyone else seeing if the song sounds better on 2nd listen?

Advertisement