Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi man beat to a pulp in tallaght.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

And then you have the usual crowd out protesting Drumpf and the likes while these scrotes run about unopposed

Trump is unlikely to stab them or rob their house, burn out their car upon seeing them protest.
    Protest is a legitimate democratic form of voicing an opinion. The Garda are in charge of addressing criminal behaviour.
    Why members of the public should be confronting criminals I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Scumbags! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Or we could get some kind of official tax payer funded crowd to police these areas?

And a seperate group who could judge the miscreants and if guilty jail them. We should definitely think about getting that working because it isn’t now.

And a seperate group who could judge the miscreants and if guilty jail them. We should definitely think about getting that working because it isn’t now.

I don't think Larry up the road with a hurley is the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

That the area in question has a lot of social housing and that some people on here would like to believe that its a coincidental link that the more social housing you have the more violence and crime happens in an area but deep down everyone in the country knows that the two are completely linked and the scum that did this are with a 99% confidence interval imo living off the taxpayers teat in a free* house

*before the usual voices echo from the cheap seats,30 euro a week for a house in dublin when that 30 comes off the social makes it free.

Way to completely miss the point Eric because you're looking for your own agenda as usual.

Pissartist is referring to the fact the driver is obviously from another country and therefore totally deserved a beating of course. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Sure why wouldn't they go out and rob taxi men or delivery drivers.

There is no deterrent from the justice system

https://www.herald.ie/news/courts/man-spared-jail-over-role-in-knifepoint-pizza-robbery-38280580.html

That the area in question has a lot of social housing and that some people on here would like to believe that its a coincidental link that the more social housing you have the more violence and crime happens in an area but deep down everyone in the country knows that the two are completely linked and the scum that did this are with a 99% confidence interval imo living off the taxpayers teat in a free* house

*before the usual voices echo from the cheap seats,30 euro a week for a house in dublin when that 30 comes off the social makes it free.

Poorer areas have more criminality. Nobody disputes this. This is common knowledge. Giving some poorer people accommodation they can afford isn't causing the criminality. My local Fine Gael TD grew up in social housing.
    We've less social housing today than we did 20, 30, 40 years ago so your correlation is very flawed there Eric.

Is your solution we get rid of social housing and make thousands of families homeless or put them up in hotels? Don't use crime and this poor taxi driver as a stick to beat your big well worn drum.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ilovemycharlie

We should get those Fine Gael lads in to sort them all out!

Fianna Fail. Only job

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

splinter65 wrote: »
    I can’t see the elephant so you’ll have to spell it out to me.

E- L- E- P- H- A- N- T

I don't think Larry up the road with a hurley is the answer.

I didn’t suggest Larry, did I Matt. I hoped to get the existing system working.

• Advertisement

I wonder what can be done with the bewigged quarter wits. Any attempt at reform would probably be overruled by the Supreme Court.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,355 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

All there seems to be around these days is lefties and scumbags, the country is truly ****ed.

I don't think it's fair to say anyone who's not a leftie is a scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

And then you have the usual crowd out protesting Drumpf and the likes while these scrotes run about unopposed

Rachel Shabi(contributing writer for The Guardian) says social mobility policy has failed, now we need to talk about social justice instead in this heated episode of "The Pledge".

She argues Labour's previous attempt at tackling it have been in vain, because we've been focusing on inequality instead of social justice. Apparently the system itself is creating the inequality, so all previous attempts to tackle it have been completely in vain.
    We need to focus on social justice instead. Apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Pissartist wrote: »
    You should have gone to specsavers
    It's been covered - the guy is muslim. But how is that the elephant in the room? I don't have a problem with this being pointed out when relevant, but where's the relevance here?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Way to completely miss the point Eric because you're looking for your own agenda as usual.

Pissartist is referring to the fact the driver is obviously from another country and therefore totally deserved a beating of course. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well , as we all know im hardly a bastian of welcoming islam , but I saw that some posts earlier and thought it was a bit of an off colour joke. Regardless of what way anyone wants to put it , if those lads set upon him just purely under that basis then it makes it way worse. Absolutely barbaric.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/taxi-driver-choked-stamped-during-16523940

seasidedub wrote: »
    It'll result in taxis refusing fares to and from certain areas leaving the majority who are decent people stranded.

Little feckers. Hopefully they'll od soon

Half the taxi drivers in Dublin are FROM tallaght other half are foreign nationals or Irish citizens of foreign origin. But who knows maybe they will despite that.

I hope he'll be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Nikki Sixx

What about the new government policy of putting a family of welfare recipients in a new housing estate, alongside people with huge mortgages. Will this work? Will young Beyoncé end up studying law in Trinity?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,790 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Scumbags gotta scumbag.

It's their nature, a by-product of a mismanaged and misguided social/cultural safety net.

Best to nuke the island from orbit and start again because there's only one direction we're heading, so we might as well get there sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

It's been covered - the guy is muslim. But how is that the elephant in the room? I don't have a problem with this being pointed out when relevant, but where's the relevance here?
    Racism might have played a part. Or anti muslim sentiment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Spook_ie wrote: »
    E- L- E- P- H- A- N- T
    I have a feeling that the lad who originally spotted the elephant will will try to spell it as "Ali Fant".

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Racism might have played a part. Or anti muslim sentiment.

Just greed and thuggery. Native taxi drivers are robbed too you know. Not everything is about racism. 12% and growing of the population are non native. Is every crime that they are a victim in going to be racism? What about if a non national carries out a crime. Will this be racism against the Irish people?

This is just scūmbags being scūmbags without fear. An attack on a contributing member of society. Dublin is a kip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Nikki Sixx wrote: »
    What about the new government policy of putting a family of welfare recipients in a new housing estate, alongside people with huge mortgages. Will this work? Will young Beyoncé end up studying law in Trinity?

What's welfare got to do with this thread :pac: I swear to god it's like some people are programmed to mention welfare when anything negative happens in Ireland.

Boxing.Fan wrote: »
    These young scumbags have absolutely no fear of the Gardai or the justice system, I really dont see anything changing anytime soon. I expect Dublin to get worse for this type of behaviour as the years go by.

The majority of major cities on the planet have the same problem. You always get scumbags it's just the way it is.

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Just greed and thuggery. Native taxi drivers are robbed too you know. Not everything is about racism. 12% and growing of the population are non native. Is every crime that they are a victim in going to be racism? What about if a non national carries out a crime. Will this be racism against the Irish people?

This is just scūmbags being scūmbags without fear. An attack on a contributing member of society. Dublin is a kip

The good thing about hate crime legislation is that it would in fact get these guys locked up more easily as it cuts the leg under some of the more liberal arguments judges might be susceptible to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

Any and all delusions of a civilized society in Dublin are long gone. We need armed gardai patrolling the streets ready to grab these creatures and teach them the only lessons they will ever learn. Right now Gardaí are hiding out in chippers while these scumbags rule the streets throughout the city.

Any delay or resistance means that the blood is on the hands of those who refuse change as well.

The_Brood wrote: »
    Any and all delusions of a civilized society in Dublin are long gone. We need armed gardai patrolling the streets ready to grab these creatures and teach them the only lessons they will ever learn. Right now Gardaí are hiding out in chippers while these scumbags rule the streets throughout the city.

Any delay or resistance means that the blood is on the hands of those who refuse change as well.

I live in Dublin and it's fine. Yeah you get the odd incident but overall it's a very safe city to live and work in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

I live in Dublin and it's fine. Yeah you get the odd incident but overall it's a very safe city to live and work in.
    I have the exact opposite experience. It's incredibly dangerous being anywhere near the city centre as its full of knackers and drug addicts stalking women and looking for fights. With no gardi in sight.

I'm sure in Sudan there are people who also somehow feel incredibly safe and peaceful but that is not the actual reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Nikki Sixx wrote: »

Probably has a 1/100 chance of getting a law degree , a 50/100 chance of having a child before 21 with an absent father , 75/100 chance of gaming the welfare system her whole life and 100/100 chance property values for those who worked so hard to get mortgages go down.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I'm sure in Sudan there are people who also somehow feel incredibly safe and peaceful but that is not the actual reality.
    You're comparing Dublin to war torn Sudan? Jesus wept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

I have the exact opposite experience. It's incredibly dangerous being anywhere near the city centre as its full of knackers and drug addicts stalking women and looking for fights. With no gardi in sight.

Not true

Advertisement