Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi man beat to a pulp in tallaght.

Options
  • 04-07-2019 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Some poor taxi lad got a awful beating in tallaght last night stole his money and phones, what is going on with these little scumbags attacking taxi and delivery men lately.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

That's a shocking beating that poor man got. Fair play to the couple that helped him. Seems to be happening a lot in tallaght lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Nikki Sixx

Any link lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Whereabouts was this? which estate or street?

I mean, there are many communities in wider "Tallaght"

• Advertisement

Day Lewin wrote: »
    Whereabouts was this? which estate or street?

I mean, there are many communities in wider "Tallaght"

Jobstown.

Let's not argue over words. They stomped on his head ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The driver's brother, Muhammad Pervaiz, told Dublin Live Usman had a bad feeling when he picked up the men in Saggart, after they made a booking through the MyTaxi app.

I've only used the app once but do you not have to verify who you actually are before you can use the app?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I've only used the app once but do you not have to verify who you actually are before you can use the app?

Do you verify yourself when u step in a taxi on the street?

FFS seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭seasidedub

It'll result in taxis refusing fares to and from certain areas leaving the majority who are decent people stranded.

Little feckers. Hopefully they'll od soon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

seasidedub wrote: »
    It'll result in taxis refusing fares to and from certain areas leaving the majority who are decent people stranded.

Little feckers. Hopefully they'll od soon

No it wont

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Need to get vigilantes back again. My cousin unfortunately got a really bad hidin the other day while walking over a bridge beside watergate park. Punched and kicked. While on the ground.
    I’d be willing to go round and give these little ****s a good few slaps but I’m afraid I’d be on me own as too many in Tallaght look the other way.
    It’s not fair on people that this happens too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

BaZmO* wrote: »

You do yeah, it'll be linked to an email address or phone number.

Of course those can be stolen, the phone may well have been stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Tasfasdf wrote: »

FFS seriously

You have to provide an email address, contact number and card details to register for an account.
    So yes, the app will be able to verify who these scumbags were, and they'll be a lot more identifiable than they would have been if they had just flagged him down on the street. There's a paper trail now.

That'll learn him

FFS seriously

Did you actually read my comment, or did you just decide to spout some nonsense for the craic?

FFS seriously, indeed. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

That'll learn him

WTF does that mean ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

FFS seriously

You need to issue CC details to my taxi - Why the outrage? - I mean, FFS Seriously??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

Well we are only hearing one side of the story, yes what happened is awful, but were they provoked ?

Pissartist wrote: »
    Well we are only hearing one side of the story, yes what happened is awful, but were they provoked ?

Like the way you're trying to provoke a response?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Provoked into beating the shít out of him, robbing him and sticking the taxi sign through the front windscreen of the car ?

Was it a full moon last night that all these crazies are in here today ?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭The pink killer

He asked for his fare he was owed and they bet the living daylights out of him 4 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

STB. wrote: »
    Provoked into beating the shít out of him, robbing him and sticking the taxi sign through the front windscreen of the car ?

Was it a full moon last night that all these crazies are in here today ?

To be fair to pissartist, the clue to his motives is in the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭petros1980

FFS seriously

Dope

• Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

If they planned this attack and robbery in advance, they're unlikely to have used their real names/details for the booking. Lets hope they are that stupid though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

He asked for his fare he was owed and they bet the living daylights out of him 4 of them.

says who though ? I'm just saying there is two sides to every story.
    He didn't deserve the beating obviously but there is an elephant in the room no one will mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Terrible easy to provoke some folks in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

He didn't deserve the beating obviously but there is an elephant in the room no one will mention.

I didn't know yer ma was here

What do you think the other side of the story is? I’m crap at cryptic crosswords.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

Here we go, something bad happens and as usual the assumption is made that the attackers must be from Jobstown, because they travelled to Jobstown.

They were picked up in Saggart, not Jobstown. But hey, assume away.

Advertisement