Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RATE MY TEAM 19/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭normanoffside

eagle eye wrote: »
    Barnes isn't even guaranteed a start. You say you want attacking defenders but have selected VVD? I don't like subs that are unlikely to play.

Yeah, I am not not sold on Barnes. The alternative is to go Jota + 7.5m (maybe Haller?)

I think Dendoncker and Lundstram will start and Lundstram looks to be playing on the wing in preseason.
    Greenwood won't start but he is fodder and is likely to get minutes given his preseason form so could be good value at 4.5m.
    Button obviously won't start but is there if Ryan gets dropped or injured.

VVD will get plenty of goals and actually was the 2nd top scoring defender last year. I don't think TAA is worth the extra 0.5m as he possibly won't start every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pointywalnut

Alission Lloris
    Luiz Wan-Bissaka vVD Laporte Alderweird
    Torreira Jorginho Kante Wijnaldum Gundogan
    Aubameyang Lacazette Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 7,576 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Alission Lloris

Midfield so weak! Heavy up top

Alission Lloris

Not sure where to start with this one, the team is a total mess. I am guessing it's your first time picking a FF team?

2 Premium keepers is a waste of money and just gives selection headaches.

Defenders all look fine individually (personally I think AWB is a bit dear) but you don't need 5 premium defenders unless you are going to play them every week.

Midfield is terrible- 5 defensive midfielders. You need to invest in a high scoring (FF wise) midfielders who will score goals and assists.

The 3 strikers again look fine individually but 3 is overkill. If you fancy arsenal choose 1 of Auba or Laca and drop the other.

In summary- Downgrade GKs
    Sell at least one premium Forward.

Upgrade midfield to include premium attackers.

You need to have a defined 1st choice team and 4 subs. Otherwise you will be rotating week in and week out and making mistakes.
    So have some good value cheap players to back up 1st choice players.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Barnes isn't even guaranteed a start. You say you want attacking defenders but have selected VVD? I don't like subs that are unlikely to play.
    I've seen a lot of people questioning Barnes, but since Christmas, he and King both started all 19 games to end last season. King had 7 goals and 1 assist, Barnes had 9 goals and 2 assists. Barnes first half of the season was slowed down by Europa League last year, he's a guaranteeed starter now for Burnely in my eyes.

As for Jota, if he was a forward last year he would have vended up on 120 points, less than Barnes for the same minutes played. Plus he has Europa league to worry about now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

i feel theres confusion about whether its the midfielder Barnes for Leicester or the Burnley forward Barnes.

Maybe its just me

Shedite27 wrote: »
    As for Jota, if he was a forward last year he would have vended up on 120 points, less than Barnes for the same minutes played. Plus he has Europa league to worry about now.

That's actually an argument to drop Jimi too. I'll have to think about it.
    I'd love to put Giroud in but would need to know he'll be a guaranteed starter.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,783 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Shedite27 wrote:
    I've seen a lot of people questioning Barnes, but since Christmas, he and King both started all 19 games to end last season. King had 7 goals and 1 assist, Barnes had 9 goals and 2 assists. Barnes first half of the season was slowed down by Europa League last year, he's a guaranteeed starter now for Burnely in my eyes.
    That's all ok but they signed Jay Rodriguez and you have Chris Wood there too and Vydra.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,561 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

4-4-2 to start with

Pickford(mcgovern), waiting on Hendo price
    VVD Robbo, Digne, good returns at both ends (Stevens assists,Lundstrom guaranteed subs)

Milli,Mane, Sterling,Anderson(goals,assists guaranteed)Stephens (fodder with gametime)

King,Vardy(attacking managers,goals galore) Greenwood(punty)

Happy nuf with lineup,no MO/KUN the BIG decision and a possibility of Greenwood not kicking a ball

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Somewhat an exercise in getting in all the players I want and then making do:

Henderson (SU)
    TAA, Robertson, Stacy, Lundstram
    Salah, Sterling, Siggy, Fraser, Martial
    Wilson
    Subs: McGovern, Greenwood, Johnson (WH), Nketiah

1M in the bank

Henderson isn’t in the game yet. Hoping he comes in at 4.5. Any more it’ll be a re-think. I’m set and forgot on keepers. Think Sheffield will be solid.

4-5-1 formation so realistically need all defenders to start. TAA, Robo - awesome. I think Stacey and Lundstram will be gold. Hope Johnson will be sharing RB with Zabaleta but I’d suspect he’ll play the home games when you’d want him.

Midfield - awesome

Wilson - awesome.

Need minutes from Greenwood or Nketiah. Very exposed if Wilson doesn’t play as you need 1 striker for a valid formation. 1M in the bank but there’s not much better in the forwards <5.5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

GetWithIt wrote: »

Henderson (SU)
    Wilson

1M in the bank

Henderson isn’t in the game yet. Hoping he comes in at 4.5. Any more it’ll be a re-think. I’m set and forgot on keepers. Think Sheffield will be solid.

4-5-1 formation so realistically need all defenders to start. TAA, Robo - awesome. I think Stacey and Lundstram will be gold. Hope Johnson will be sharing RB with Zabaleta but I’d suspect he’ll play the home games when you’d want him.

Midfield - awesome

Wilson - awesome.

Need minutes from Greenwood or Nketiah. Very exposed if Wilson doesn’t play as you need 1 striker for a valid formation. 1M in the bank but there’s not much better in the forwards <5.5.

I like it but a few comments.

Double SU defence is a bit much, any better options than Stacy? BOU defence in general would be risky IMO.

I like Siggy, just think Everton might be a bit of a trap. He's their main source of attack though. Not sold on Martial FPL wise, can be so good on his day, incredibly inconsistent though.

Having 2 fodders in Greenwood and Nketiah looks a bit much to me. Greenwood will get a lot of minutes, Nketiah I'm not so sure on.

GL

^^^ I'd be worried in such a weak benched team that TAA won't play every game, which is why I think VVD is a better bet (and 0.5m cheaper).

For disclosure: I may be making my own excuses for picking VVD over TAA for my own budgetary reasons :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Two very different teams. Thoughts?

Team 1 - Forward Heavy - Likely 3-4-3

GK1. Ryan (Brighton, 4.5m)
    GK2. Any 4m Fodder

DF1. Van Dijk (Liverpool, 6.5m)
    DF2. Zinchenko (Man City, 5.5m)
    DF3. Coleman (Everton, 5.5m)
    DF4. Duffy (Brighton, 5.0m)
    DF5. Kelly (Crystal Palace, 4.0m)

MF1. Bernardo Silva (Man City, 8.0m)
    MF2. Sigurdsson (Everton, 8.0m)
    MF3. Martial (Man Utd, 7.5m)
    MF4. Fraser (Bournemouth, 7.5m)
    MF5. Trossard (Brighton, 6.0m)

FW1. Kane (Spurs, 11m)
    FW2. Vardy (Leicester, 9m)
    FW3. Wilson (Bournemouth, 8.0m)

Team 2 - Midfield Heavy, Solid Back - 4-5-1

GK1. Ryan (Brighton, 4.5m)
    GK2. Button (Brighton, 4.0m)

DF1. Van Dijk (Liverpool, 6.5m)
    DF2. Zinchenko (Man City, 5.5m)
    DF3. Coleman (Everton, 5.5m)
    DF4. Shaw (Man Utd, 5.5m)
    DF5. Kelly (Crystal Palace, 4.0m)

MF1. Salah (Liverpool, 12.5m)
    MF2. Pogba (Man Utd, 8.5m)
    MF3. De Bruyne (Man City, 9.5m)
    MF4. Sterling (Man City, 12.0m)
    MF5. Trossard (Brighton, 6.0m)

FW1. Wood (Burnley, 6m)
    FW2. Long (Southampton, 5m)
    FW3. Greenwood (Man Utd, 4.5m)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Am I the only one who finds teams listed down with every player on a new line extremely annoying? It just means lots of scrolling on mobile. Each line of the formation listed across removes the need for additional notation, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Am I the only one who finds teams listed down with every player on a new line extremely annoying?

Probably

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

GetWithIt wrote: »

Henderson (SU)
    Wilson

1M in the bank

Midfield - awesome

Wilson - awesome.

Mousset? Big transfer fee, should at least play

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Trey13

Heaton (Pope)
    Wan-Bissaka, Van Dijk, Laporte, Robertson (Rico)
    Salah, Sigurdsson, Perez, Pererya (Dedoncker)
    Rashford, Kane (Greenwood)

Thoughts?
    I'm not certain myself on Rico but I can find other 4mil defenders. I have went big on D as I just feel like it is where the points were last season and I don't want to try be too smart early on. I am happy with midfield. Salah and Gylfi will score big. Pererya when fit is worth a punt and he is only 6mil. Perez is a slight punt but I am happy to give him a shot. Rashford has looked good in pre season. Kane at 11mil is a bargain in my opinion, fancy him to score big this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Mousset? Big transfer fee, should at least play

Wilson then King then Mousset in terms of first choice strikers. I'd have no concerns about Wilson's game time, barring injury. King a close second to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Wilson then King then Mousset in terms of first choice strikers. I'd have no concerns about Wilson's game time, barring injury. King a close second to that.

He has signed for Sheff United !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I’ve switched Zaha to Robertson & Ceballos (5.5m mid) to Coleman.

I’ve ended up with a 5-2-3 with 3 mid bench fodders of 4.5m (Dendocker, Guendozi & Mendy).

Too many eggs in one basket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Heaton Woodman
    TAA Van Dijk Zinchenko Boly Lundstram
    Salah Sterling Perez Pereyra Dendoncker
    Lacazette Wilson Greenwood

Not certain on goalkeepers yet. If Heaton doesn't move to Villa and it's not clear who the Burnley No.1 is I may go for Henderson or Gunn.

TAA has been in every one of my drafts so far so he's a definite. Van Dijk for 0.5 less and over 200 points last season is decent value imo. If Zinchenko starts the season he'll be FPL gold at 5.5.

Salah and Sterling are no brainers really. Perez for 6.5 is great value I think and hopefully he gets decent minutes early on. Pereyra is an option I like at 6m but he could be changed yet.

I want Arsenal coverage as they face Newcastle in GW1 who are a mess of a club right now and Laca fits the bill nicely. Wilson has trolled me before but I'm happy to take a chance on him. Greenwood should get some gametime as he has been electric in pre-season.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Lacazette went off injured after 10 mins today (ankle).

You could slip Vardy in handy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Cheers for that. Yeah Vardy could go in there alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Just a twisted ankle, he should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

Ryan Button
    Digne Robertson Walker Shaw Lundstram
    Salah Bernardo Ceballos Siggy Dendoncker
    Kane Vardy Greenwood.

Main issue is whether to downgrade a defender to upgrade Kane to Aguero.

Bit of a punt with ceballos and may change Ryan to Henderson.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Pippool23

here is my first draft:
    Heaton/ Button. not decided on Heaton asgoalkeeper for certain yet.
    Wan-Bissaka/TAA/Zinchenko (Lundstram/Kelly). I went for Bissaka for a punt but I think he will have a good year. Other two starters no brainier.
    Salah/Sterling/Tielemans/Noble (Dendoncker). Everyone seem to have Salah/ Sterling, Tielemans is the wildcard, he had a very good end of season so we will see. Noble because he is on peno's.
    Kane/Jimenez/King. I think Kane will have a good season. Not sure if Jimenez will be a one season wonder and King because not sure who else to fit in there.
    Any advice would be great

Pope/Ryan
    VVD, Coleman, Zinchenko, Justin, Dunk
    Salah, Sterling, Ricky, Jota(av), Guendouzi
    Jiminez, Haller, DCL

Thoughts please?

I like it, why Guendouzi? -Dendoncker seems the more popular pick due to this potential goal output

I see Zinchecko in loads of teams but it just seems like a transfer waiting to happen to me. If you are set on City defensive cover - I think it needs to be set and forget

naughtb4 wrote:
    I see Zinchecko in loads of teams but it just seems like a transfer waiting to happen to me. If you are set on City defensive cover - I think it needs to be set and forget
    Zinchenko is only for a couple of weeks. I'm really hoping Dunk goes to Leicester and then Justin goes for a 4.5 defender and I have the .5 to go to Mendy when he returns.

• Advertisement

Zinchenko is only for a couple of weeks. I'm really hoping Dunk goes to Leicester and then Justin goes for a 4.5 defender and I have the .5 to go to Mendy when he returns.

Who is Justin?

Advertisement