Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RATE MY TEAM 19/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭elefant

Posted this in other thread when someone asked about a team with Kane, Salah and sterling together 》》》》》

Draft 1

4.5m playing keeper

VVD, Azpilicueta, Dunk, Lascelles (or some other 4.5m def)

Salah Sterling Moura Jorghinho

Kane Vardy

4m non playing keeper
    4m defender (Kelly of palace looks best option)
    Dedonker
    Greenwood

So on the plus side it's got big hitters like Kane, Vardy, Sterling, Salah, VVD and Azpilicueta and even Moura and Dunk are reasonable shouts but the big worry is starting a 4.5m gk with no rotation option, starting Jorghinho each week and no bench options other than Dedonker

Draft 2 would involve downgrading Moura to anyone of the 7m options like Zaha, Milo, Perez, Brooks, Maddison, Teilman or one of the Chelsea trio - Willian, Pedro or Barkley.

This would allow a 5m keeper like fabianski

Lloris
    VVD Robertson Mings Dunk
    Sterling Salah Zaha Grealish
    Kane Deeney

is one I threw together with the big names all included. Again, you're left with a pretty poor bench of Button, Kelly, Dendoncker and Greenwood. But far from awful overall. I think if you really want to fit in the Liverpool defenders, Salah, Sterling and Kane you can just about manage it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Krul

Dunk
    Aurier
    Aarons

De Bruyne
    Maddison
    Salah
    Perez

Aguero
    Lacazette
    Haller

SUBS: McGovern, Kelly, Lundstram, Guendouzi

Having half my midfield form Leicester is worrying me a bit but Maddison will be on all set pieces bar penos and I'd expect Perez to play up top with Vardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭elefant

Frisbee wrote: »
    Krul

Dunk
    Aurier
    Aarons

De Bruyne
    Maddison
    Salah
    Perez

Aguero
    Lacazette
    Haller

SUBS: McGovern, Kelly, Lundstram, Guendouzi

Having half my midfield form Leicester is worrying me a bit but Maddison will be on all set pieces bar penos and I'd expect Perez to play up top with Vardy.

Does this team cost 100m? For me, it's one of those where I can't see where the value has gone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Final draft completed

Kepa (Button)
    Coleman, Robertson, Morgan (Guibert, Diop)
    Salah, sterling, Maddison, Mcginn (Noble)
    King, Rashford, Haller

I'm banking on Rashford a bit here but he is sure to start as is Haller and King. Midfield looks as strong as you can get with goals and creativity in every pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Ryan / Heaton - Open to other 4.5 options but I'll be doing rotating keepers

TAA / VVD / Zinchenko / Davies / Lundstarm

Salah / Sterling / Siggy / Zaha / Dendoncker

Jota / King / Andone

Strike force is the concern, slightly tempted to go punty and take Wesley / Joeliton instead of King and Jota and use the 1m to upgrade Zinchenko to Laporte

Davies will be nailed if Rose leaves as is expected but if he stays then I may stay clear to avoid rotation there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

km79 wrote: »
    1st final draft :D

What ye think?

I like it. Think KDB is the only question mark for me - I just don't see him delivering the points this season if he's going to be playing deep.

I'm hoping to figure out a way to get a team similar to yours with Sterling instead of KDB and a cheaper defence. Might backfire if everyone else is spending loads on defence though.

I'll probably sacrifice Salah instead of Sterling if it comes to it actually. Think Raheem is going to have a monster season.

Ryan (Button)- had been on Pope/Heaton assuming Heaton moves to Villa
    TAA, VVD, Digne, Targett(any 4.5), Lundstrum(or kelly)
    Salah, KDB, Siggy, Zaha, Dendoncker (any 4.5)
    Kane, King, Greenwood

It is only now that I type it out that I see I will be playing my 4.5mldef/mid/fwd every week and it doesn't look promising :D

I will be honest. It is hard enough for me to spend so much money on defence. But to spend 13.5 on 2 from the same team.......I can't see it. I am very tempted by Zivchenko. Only spotted he is 5.5ml. If I switch him for VVD I can get a 4th defender for 5.5ml or upgrade 5th mid etc Could go back to rotating keepers and put Duffy back in as my 4th defender.He was their originally and only made way when I went with Brighton keepers. He could sneak his way back in yet!!!!!
    I could also downgrade Zaha to Perez for another .5 and strengthen squad even more.

Kane is staying. I have made peace with that decision already. So no Sterling

What ye think?

I’m gonna call this now and only say it once - Everton are this years early trap.

You’re mad going without Sterling. He’s so explosive and only getting better. Yet to reach his prime. I’d have him before Salah.

I get the desire to have Kane and I’ll be having him but also Salah and Sterling.

I know you’re in love with Siggy and won’t listen to me but I’m going without any Everton.

I think Pope is the best 4.5m keeper.

And I would love to have Zinchenko in my team too, as I really want City defence but not Laporte, but I can’t bring myself to start the season with a 5.5m player that’s not nailed.

If I thought Stones or Walker, or anybody else, was nailed I’d go for them.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Everton are this years early trap.

Curious to hear your thoughts behind this?

Don't necessarily disagree, but interested to hear your logic.

Personally plan on going with Richarlison. Staying well clear of their defence, especially with Gueye seemingly out the door.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Kane, King, Greenwood

What ye think?
    Excellent team.

Ryan/Button duo is the finest.

TAA is essential. Wouldn't be fazed by doubling up on Liverpool defense as they outscored many premiums last season. With Zouma and Gueye gone Everton's defense is up in the air (however they have looked solid in pre-season), so something to consider for Digne. Zinchenko has a surprisingly low points per minute compared to other defenders judging from last season, however I'm guessing he was subbed a lot before being started and he'll be a great way into City's defense. Targett is worth a punt.

Salah essential. I've my doubts about KDB. He's an outlet for City attack but I'd be worried about his position. Not a fan of this 'I need cover for x team' business when you could have better options for different teams. Worth keeping an eye on Sane. His PPminute were almost as good as Sterling's. Siggy is a worthwhile pick. If Zaha stays at Palace I'd have my reservations.

Kane looks fecking great in pre-season and should hit the ground running, and while Villa are no mugs that doesn't matter. GW3 against Newcastle at home is where he'll shine IMO. Think King is being over-hyped a bit because he tends to be less involved points-wise when Wilson is starting (and Brooks too when Fraser is playing to a lesser extent) but for 6.5m you can't complain with Bournemouth's start and that he's on pens.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,150 ✭✭✭✭km79

I know you’re in love with Siggy and won’t listen to me.

:D
    That I am

Thanks for the advice guys
    Plenty of food for thought
    Most of which I’ve taken on board

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I’m gonna call this now and only say it once - Everton are this years early trap.

You’re mad going without Sterling. He’s so explosive and only getting better. Yet to reach his prime. I’d have him before Salah.

I get the desire to have Kane and I’ll be having him but also Salah and Sterling.

I know you’re in love with Siggy and won’t listen to me but I’m going without any Everton.

And I would love to have Zinchenko in my team too, as I really want City defence but not Laporte, but I can’t bring myself to start the season with a 5.5m player that’s not nailed.

I can just see myself rage transferring out either Digne and/or Siggy within the first few GWs. Only yesterday I was tinkering with my team without them and it does beef up my team a lot. Siggy will stay, but Digne "might" make way come August 9th.

Started with Digne and Siggy, now currently don't have either in my current team. The Zouma and Gueye ordeal bothers me. I know there's no evidence of this but I strangely think this could help Siggy, as if Everton are more leaky they might be more inclined to attack. Guess I'll wait and see how they recruit.

How are you making these drafts? Whenever I have the 3 of them in a team it butchers the remainder of it. I can only fit two. Currently without Kane.

Started with Digne and Siggy, now currently don't have either in my current team. The Zouma and Gueye ordeal bothers me. I know there's no evidence of this but I strangely think this could help Siggy, as if Everton are more leaky they might be more inclined to attack. Guess I'll wait and see how they recruit.

How are you making these drafts? Whenever I have the 3 of them in a team it butchers the remainder of it. I can only fit two. Currently without Kane.

Ye have me skittish about Digne now
    But his output ceiling is so high

I have looked at all teams with Kane, Sterling and Salah
    I do not like them
    Of course it is possible to have all 3 . Everything is possible. But it is detrimental to rest of squad. I have a feeling it could be like last season where most of us end up with no city mids for most of it

He could very well go back in. Start of season is miles away!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,850 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Thoughts on my team?
    Patricio/Fabianski
    VVD, Laporte, Digne, Dunk, Justin
    Mane, Bilva, Pulisic, Fraser, Jota(AV)
    Jiminez, Haller, Calvert-Lewin

Before you come back to me please consider that I've no intention of getting rid of any of VVD, Laporte, Mane, Fraser, Jiminez or Calvert-Lewin. Fancy those to all be well worth their prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭claw

I have looked at all teams with Kane, Sterling and Salah
    I do not like them
    Of course it is possible to have all 3 . Everything is possible. But it is detrimental to rest of squad. I have a feeling it could be like last season where most of us end up with no city mids for most of it

Have to say after sleeping on it over night I am more scared of having no Sterling than Kane. And less than happy with Digne now Gueye is going. I also like Lucas Moura now considering how he finished last season bearing in mind there is no Son. I can downgrade Digne to a 4.5 and get Sterling in for De Bruyne but would still need to find 0.5 somewhere, more if I put Moura in. Just don't like Spurs away from home, especially with their away fixtures at the start of the season.

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Curious to hear your thoughts behind this?

Don't necessarily disagree, but interested to hear your logic.

Personally plan on going with Richarlison. Staying well clear of their defence, especially with Gueye seemingly out the door.

I know they finished the season with a strong defensive record but Silva doesn’t have a great record for clean sheets. He’s an attacking manager.

Losing Zouma and more so Gueye could really hit them.

If it’s purely for attacking returns then yeah Digne appeals but at that price I’d want more of a chance for clean sheets too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

eagle eye wrote: »
    Thoughts on my team?
    Patricio/Fabianski
    VVD, Laporte, Digne, Dunk, Justin
    Mane, Bilva, Pulisic, Fraser, Jota(AV)
    Jiminez, Haller, Calvert-Lewin

Before you come back to me please consider that I've no intention of getting rid of any of VVD, Laporte, Mane, Fraser, Jiminez or Calvert-Lewin. Fancy those to all be well worth their prices.

Too many punts in there.
    Mane won't start the season due to African Nations so I would recommend a placeholder early doors.

Agree with all of this. Especially the bit about Everton attacking more if they concede.

My memory tells me that Silva is vulnerable to a hiding when his team concede first because they really do go for it.

And fwiw I have a team with TAA, Robertson, Salah, Sterling and Kane that I’m genuinely happy with. And I have 2.0m in the bank.

I may not go ahead with it because the temptation is always to spend what money you have so I’ll upgrade a defender most likely but I don’t think it’s difficult to have all 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Kane, King, Greenwood

It is only now that I type it out that I see I will be playing my 4.5mldef/mid/fwd every week and it doesn't look promising :D

I will be honest. It is hard enough for me to spend so much money on defence. But to spend 13.5 on 2 from the same team.......I can't see it. I am very tempted by Zivchenko. Only spotted he is 5.5ml. If I switch him for VVD I can get a 4th defender for 5.5ml or upgrade 5th mid etc Could go back to rotating keepers and put Duffy back in as my 4th defender.He was their originally and only made way when I went with Brighton keepers. He could sneak his way back in yet!!!!!
    I could also downgrade Zaha to Perez for another .5 and strengthen squad even more.

Kane is staying. I have made peace with that decision already. So no Sterling

What ye think?

I like it, it's quite similar to mine. Kane seems to be overlooked in favour of Sterling & Salah. I can see why but tbh, I think Kane is going to have a great season. Agree with Klopparama below, Everton could be a trap. Gueye will be a big loss from a defensive point of view, I like Siggy but is he worth 8.0?

If you're planning to WC early, Zinchenko is your man. Angelino won't start I don't think, Zinchenko was arguably their best player (in a v good team) towards the end of the season. Pep will like that he's fought his way back into the team too.

Agree also that Kane, Sterling & Salah are needed tbh. Even essential.

• Advertisement

No doubt I'll change a few around but I'm happyish for the timebeing with the below

Ederson - 2nd best GK points last season. Set & forget. Good opening fixtures bar Spurs
    Button - Best of the 4.0 fodders

TAA - Himself and Robertson are the best but I can only pick 1, TAA edges it with set pieces.
    VVD - Liverpool should be solid again this season
    Zinchenko - Cheaper way into City's defence, expect to start even for the first couple GW's before WC
    Dunk - May change to other 4.5 but hoping Dunk moves to Leicester
    Lundstram - Potential OOP and bench fodder

Sterling - Essential IMO
    Salah - Essential IMO
    Jorginho - I'm not normally the type to go for DMs but I think Lampard will get the best out of him. Should get a lot more assists & on penalties. Think of a cheaper Milo in a better team.
    Perez - Did well in a weaker Newcastle side last season. Good opening fixtures and a good price at 6.5
    Dendoncker - Cheap fodder

Kane - More pre season goes on, the more I think he's essential. Slow starter bar last season but expect that to change this year.
    King - BOU have good fixtures early doors, on pens and cheaper than Wilson
    Greenwood - Fodder who I expect to get more game time. Owned by 11.6% so if he doesn't do much, he'll drop. May change to Brewster.

After fiddling around, draft 3:

Heaton (or another Burnley keeper) Button
    Van Dijk TAA Zinchenko Lundstram Kelly
    Salah Sterling Tielemans Jorginho Dendoncker
    King Kane Deulofeu

Downgraded Rashford to Deulofeu, upgraded Vardy to Kane, Sterling in for KDB and Lundstram for Digne. Defence a bit dicey but not sure I have weakened the attack with the new forward line.

I’m weakening already
    So much money in defence
    So
    Much
    Money

I’m weakening already
    So much money in defence
    So
    Much
    Money

Get Matt Richie in to your defense, rumour has it he'll be playing in his more natural position this season.

Don't tell anyone though

Agree also that Kane, Sterling & Salah are needed tbh. Even essential.
    How are they? RE:Kane - you already have two captain bankers in Salah/Sterling. GW3 against Newcastle at home is the only one where I'd be going for Kane over the others in the opening fixtures, but then with Sterling away to Bournemouth and Salah at home to a defense-leaky Arsenal, it's not clear who'll end up with the up with the upper hand here.

Also, having the 3 means you're more than likely to have to go for punts. An extra 1m can see me upgrade Dunk to Zinchenko. 1.5m from King to Wilson. With all those funds going into one player and being of hindrance to the rest of the squad, I think it punishes the overall points return your team could potentially end up with.

The only benefit I can see is knowing who hits the ground running and you can easily downgrade in the opening rounds.

Get Matt Richie in to your defense, rumour has it he'll be playing in his more natural position this season.

Don't tell anyone though

Think any Newcastle defender is a punt, especially at 5.5 million. Remains to see how much a drop off in standard there is from Rafa to Bruce.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Which one?

Button-Burnley

Dunk-Kelly-Digne-TAA-Laporte

Sigurdsson-Salah-Sterling-Pérez-Dendoncker

King-Deulofeu-Jota

or

Button-Pickford

Dunk-Coleman-Zouma-Cathcart-Duffy

Sigurdsson-Salah-Sterling-Bilva-Maddison

Vardy-Long-Greenwood

How are they? RE:Kane - you already have two captain bankers in Salah/Sterling. GW3 against Newcastle at home is the only one where I'd be going for Kane over the others in the opening fixtures, but then with Sterling away to Bournemouth and Salah at home to a defense-leaky Arsenal, it's not clear who'll end up with the up with the upper hand here.

Also, having the 3 means you're more than likely to have to go for punts. An extra 1m can see me upgrade Dunk to Zinchenko. 1.5m from King to Wilson. With all those funds going into one player and being of hindrance to the rest of the squad, I think it punishes the overall points return your team could potentially end up with.

The only benefit I can see is knowing who hits the ground running and you can easily downgrade in the opening rounds.

Depending on how the rest of pre-season goes, I might be more inclined to choose Kane (C) v Villa than Salah v Norwich.

(C) might look like, Kane, Salah, Kane, Sterling, Salah in first 5 GW's.

Having the money in attack on Kane will allow me to downgrade or move value towards Auba or similar, other drafts I had with Vardy as main forward. On Sterling and Salah, I don't want to go without either of them. Generally, just see the 3 of them having a great start and season, then up to myself really to fill in the gaps.

evil_seed wrote: »
    Which one?

Button-Burnley

Dunk-Kelly-Digne-TAA-Laporte

Sigurdsson-Salah-Sterling-Pérez-Dendoncker

King-Deulofeu-Jota

or

Button-Pickford

Dunk-Coleman-Zouma-Cathcart-Duffy

Sigurdsson-Salah-Sterling-Bilva-Maddison

Vardy-Long-Greenwood

First one easily
    Nice team

• Advertisement

claw wrote: »
    Think any Newcastle defender is a punt, especially at 5.5 million. Remains to see how much a drop off in standard there is from Rafa to Bruce.

No my point being he will most likely be back in Midfield which obviously offers a double barrel opportunity

Advertisement