Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RATE MY TEAM 19/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I went with Perez also.

Fabianski
    Robertson, Hollebas, Morgan, Richie
    Salah, Sterling, Perez, Moutinho
    Rashford, Haller

Kodja, Doherty, Noble

Your bench is too expensive. Haller is overpriced, you can get Wilson for 0.5 more or King/Deeney/Jota for a million less. Doherty won't be worth 6m this season and if you are paying 6m for a defender you have to start him every week. Ritchie - Newcastle are a shambles. Holebas - unreliable and a card magnet. Fabianski - not worth 5m when Pope/Ryan will offer similar returns. Morgan - Leicester don't keep clean sheets plus he's past it. Moutinho/Noble - they will get you the odd assist and penalty but not good fpl picks in general.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Your bench is too expensive. Haller is overpriced, you can get Wilson for 0.5 more or King/Deeney/Jota for a million less. Doherty won't be worth 6m this season and if you are paying 6m for a defender you have to start him every week. Ritchie - Newcastle are a shambles. Holebas - unreliable and a card magnet. Fabianski - not worth 5m when Pope/Ryan will offer similar returns. Morgan - Leicester don't keep clean sheets plus he's past it. Moutinho/Noble - they will get you the odd assist and penalty but not good fpl picks in general.

But besides that, its a good side yeah? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Martial isn't certain to start. Barnes isn't either. Good team though.

martial might get a chance through the middle. been doing well pre season.

barnes not a starter no?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Martial isn't certain to start. Barnes isn't either. Good team though.
    I like the Barnes pick, he's up there with Jota and King definitely. He started the last 20 games last season, was onyl subbed 4 times, bout as nailed as it gets. Took Pens too.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Thoughts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

martial might get a chance through the middle. been doing well pre season.

barnes not a starter no?

https://twitter.com/HinduMonkey/status/1154696640671965184

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

catrat12 wrote: »
    Thoughts

Its very hard to reply to a team posted as an image with a separate link . By the time someone goes to reply they will no longer be able to see the team
    If you want proper feedback I’d suggest going to the effort of typing it out

I like to refer back to the team when I’m giving commenting on it

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Begovic/Ryan
    Cathcart laporte walker-peters robbo
    Salah Perez Bernardo Silva
    Aguero jiminez king

Subs jorginho steperman lascelles

Plan to rotate most weeks

Just my own preference but i spend all I can on a strong 11. Cheapest possible bench. No point having decent players sitting out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I like the Barnes pick, he's up there with Jota and King definitely. He started the last 20 games last season, was onyl subbed 4 times, bout as nailed as it gets. Took Pens too.
    Barnes has potential but read somewhere that he'll be competing with Gray for game time. I'd find the extra 0.5m and upgrade to Perez personally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Just my own preference but i spend all I can on a strong 11. Cheapest possible bench. No point having decent players sitting out.

Not a fan of that approach tbh. One unexpected benching and you are snookered.

It also tends to force transfers. For example, what happens in GW3 when Fraser/Wilson/Ake have Man City? There is no option to bench them for a week, you either play them or sell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

I’m not a fan of pre-planned transfers, but my current draft involves pre-planned transfers!

Giving serious consideration to going City-less in attack for first 2 weeks :D:eek:

Barnes has potential but read somewhere that he'll be competing with Gray for game time. I'd find the extra 0.5m and upgrade to Perez personally.

He is talking about Ashley Barnes

• Registered Users Posts: 37,796 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Fab/Patricio
    Coleman, AWB, Zinchenko, Justin, Dunk
    Salah, Sterling, Ricky, Jota(AV), Guendouzi
    Jiminez, Haller, DCL

If Dunk goes to Leicester then I get a 4.5 to replace Justin and hold onto the .5 to replace Zinchenko with Mendy if needs be.

Thoughts please?

eagle eye wrote: »
    Fab/Patricio
    Coleman, AWB, Zinchenko, Justin, Dunk
    Salah, Sterling, Ricky, Jota(AV), Guendouzi
    Jiminez, Haller, DCL

If Dunk goes to Leicester then I get a 4.5 to replace Justin and hold onto the .5 to replace Zinchenko with Mendy if needs be.

Thoughts please?

Too much on keepers . I rotated that pair of clowns for half the season last year and got a max of 3 clean sheets !!!!
    No Liverpool defence is insane
    You will be surrounded by teams with a minimum of one
    Upgrade AWB to one
    Don’t like your attack either

Eagle eye that strikeforce is horrible.

I might look at getting richarlison in tho like you. He always starts well

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

km79 wrote:
    Its very hard to reply to a team posted as an image with a separate link . By the time someone goes to reply they will no longer be able to see the team If you want proper feedback I’d suggest going to the effort of typing it out

Meeooow. Saucer of milk for table 8.

Only kidding. I agree with your suggestion

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Why dont you tell him how you really feel.

DCL has a nice start, Jiminez was third highest scoring forward last season and I think Haller will be a revelation.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Pope/Ryan
    TAA Zinchenko Vertonghen
    Sterling Salah Moura Pérez Ceballos
    Vardy Wilson

4.0 4.5 4.0 4.0

Allowing myself one punt and it'll likely be Ceballos. Looks like FPL thinks he'll play in a Torreira type role but I expect him to be the most attacking of a midfield 3 and offer a similar threat to Ramsey. Worth a shot with Arsenal's first 2 fixtures.

I fancy Zinchenko to start the season as first choice LB and he's at a good price point so it will be an easy switch if and when rotation kicks in. Moura likely to be a transfer waiting to happen but I want Spurs cover for their two opening home fixtures. Hoping Poch will make it clear which of Foyth/KWP will be starting as it doesn't look like they will be buying in that position now.

Double Leicester a bit risky considering the fixtures but they're capable of scoring against anyone.

Thoughts?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Ederson
    TAA AWB Robertson
    Sterling Fraser McArthur Siggy
    Wilson Firmino Jota

Button Kelly Kante Dunk

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

First draft of many:

Pope (McGovern)

VVD - TAA - Chilwell (Schar, Diop)

Sterling - Salah - Zaha - Grealish (Jorginho)

King - Jota (Deulofeu)

1 mill ITB

Not set on Chilwell, might go with an Everton or possibly City defender (depending on other changes).

Any chance of Jorginho playing a bit further forward under Lampard? Haven't seen any of their preseason games.

Three forwards are interchangeable depending on fixtures.

All suggestions welcome, still tinkering.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Is Pope confirmed starter over Heaton?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,145 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

eagle eye wrote: »
    DCL has a nice start, Jiminez was third highest scoring forward last season and I think Haller will be a revelation.

I wouldn't call the strikeforce horrible. It is punty though.

It could obviously work out but Haller is new, Jimenez slightly unknown because of Europa (remember Burnley) and DCL hasn't really done it yet.

Plus you've Jota in midfield - another unknown in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Finally finished after lots of chopping & changing.

———————Ryan——————-

Trent ——-Laporte——-Coleman———-Robertson

Sterling—————Siggy————-Townsend

Kane——————-Vardy——————King

Subs - Button, Dendoncker, Kelly, Oriol Romeu

That's a really good team

• Registered Users Posts: 12,466 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I'm fairly happy with my first 8,but stuck between 2 options for the final 3 slots.
    I'm leaning towards option 1 as I love a punt but option 2 seems more sensible?

Digne, Haller and Jimenez
    or
    Coleman, Vardy and Jota.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I'm fairly happy with my first 8,but stuck between 2 options for the final 3 slots.
    I'm leaning towards option 1 as I love a punt but option 2 seems more sensible?

Digne, Haller and Jimenez
    or
    Coleman, Vardy and Jota.

Option 2 for me. You could also do Coleman Wilson Haller

• Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭normanoffside

OK, first time I have looked at putting a team together.
    Want a set and forget keeper as when I have picked 2 cheapies and rotate it never goes right.
    Definitely looking to invest in quality attacking defenders this year so I have invested big in defence.
    I feel i need Salah in MF especially with the opening fixture at home to Norwich. Not 100% on Sterling but he is in there at the moment, I feel I need a city attacker and at 12m I think Aguero is over priced. I could be persuaded to find two other mid priced midfielders but for the moment I like the look of Tielemans and Moura for 14m
    Still not sold on my Forward line, I'd be open to persuasion on two other starters for 14m combined.

Happy enough with the bench for now, especially Dendoncker who looks a steal at 4.5.

Any thoughts appreciated:

Ryan (Button)

Digne- VVD- Robertson- LaPorte
    (Lundstram)

Salah-Sterling- Tielemans- Moura (Dendoncker)

Barnes-Jimenez (Greenwood)

• Advertisement

Barnes isn't even guaranteed a start. You say you want attacking defenders but have selected VVD? I don't like subs that are unlikely to play.

Advertisement