Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RATE MY TEAM 19/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,186 ✭✭✭✭km79

Quick look
    I can do kdb to sterling
    If
    I downgrade digne to a 4.5 and rotate that defender with another 4.5. Im not against this and Burnley rotate well with villa .picking the 4.5 ml Burnley defender could be tricky though
    Still .5 short
    So would have to do zaha to 6.5 . Again I’m not against this . Perez for example . Or brooks and switch King for another 6.5 like Gerry D or Jota

LOL
    There is no way I’m bit going to weaken my defence now is there
    Sure 2 premiums is plenty !!!!
    There would be great comfort in owning sterling slash and Kane
    And prob a lot of rage if they blank and when I pick the wrong captain
    Siggy is staying though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭claw

No my point being he will most likely be back in Midfield which obviously offers a double barrel opportunity

Oh I agree, as a midfielder but a defender in the game he offers attacking potential but it's a punt because we don't know how good or bad Newcastle will be as a defensive force, or as an attacking force come to think of it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Really getting turned on by the idea of Sterling+Auba+Kane the captain choices it gives is insane

Ryan(Button)
    TAA Robertson Laporte Coleman (Lundstram)
    Sterling Perez Tielemans (Dendoncker, Hayden)
    Kane Origi Auba

Origi probably wouldn't last long, but I'd be very happy with that lot starting out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Pope (Button)
    Zinchenko, TAA, VVD, (Kelly) (Rico)
    Sterling, Salah, Perez, Jorginho (Dendonker)
    King, Vardy, Rashford

Pretty happy with that to be honest, should be plenty of goals and clean sheets - and not too many punts taken (Jorgino being the most puntiester)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Pope (Button)
    Zinchenko, TAA, VVD, (Kelly) (Rico)
    Sterling, Salah, Perez, Jorginho (Dendonker)
    King, Vardy, Rashford

Pretty happy with that to be honest, should be plenty of goals and clean sheets - and not too many punts taken (Jorgino being the most puntiester)

Looks alright although will Zinchenko get much game time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jeju

Mine is Alison: McGovern, VVD, Cathcart,Z-inko,Digne, Reid: Maddison, Salah, Cork, Sterling, Jorgihno: Greenwood, King, Kane. Budget spent, Salah capt GW1. Hoping Reid has a good start and Cork starts where he left off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Haven't even looked at putting a team together yet will start tomorrow just analysing alot of teams here and reckon digne is a bit of a trap now with gueye going. Will have 2 premium defenders probably both pool can't be having king either he's just gonna troll everyone can see it already much rather spend the extra on Wilson or even get Fraser instead. Would have been set on kdb but he's now a no because he's so deep. Kane or Lucas are the only spurs options to be looking at unless the full back situation becomes clearer. Manè should be a decent alternative to salah but more than likely start with salah and gauge it for a couple of weeks as its an easy swap that way. Arsenal are as much of a puzzle as every other year avoid for the first while anyway. Has to be some value in Chelsea this year Abraham and barkley the 2 id be most interested in. Also think sanè has gone very under the radar if he stays... just throwing out thoughts for the moment so I have some reference when picking

Jeju wrote: »
    Mine is Alison: McGovern, VVD, Cathcart,Z-inko,Digne, Reid: Maddison, Salah, Cork, Sterling, Jorgihno: Greenwood, King, Kane. Budget spent, Salah capt GW1. Hoping Reid has a good start and Cork starts where he left off.

If you are talking about Winston Reid i'd be 95% sure he won't start

The centre halfs will most likely be Diop & Balbuena

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Happy enough at the moment

Ederson

Robbo, Dunk, TAA

Lucas, Ricky, Sterling, Perez, Zaha

Kane, Origi

Subs: Button, Ings, Kelly, Reid

Logic is the starting 11 will be there all season barring injury.

Kane/Sterling/Pool defence as captain choices most weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Looks alright although will Zinchenko get much game time?

Do you think Otamendi would be a better shout at the same price - or Ben Davies?

• Advertisement

Do you think Otamendi would be a better shout at the same price - or Ben Davies?

I think Zinchenko will be carted out for the cup games. Davies a good shout

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I think Zinchenko will be carted out for the cup games. Davies a good shout

Mendy is out for the first month so Zincheko should be safe for 4/5 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Angelino and Zinchenko have identical pre season minutes. I definitely fancy Zinchenko to get the nod. You never know though. Angelino(5m) would be tremendous value if he got the nod - great attacking stats from his last 2 seasons in Holland (4 goals and 15 assists from 68 games).

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

Ryan(Button)
    Digne VVD Laporte (Aarons, Stearman)
    Zaha Salah B.Silva A.Perez (Guendouzi)
    King Kane Deulofeu

1.5m in the bank, toying with who I upgrade, could do King to Wilson, or upgrade Zaha to Siggy?

RobTheLad wrote: »
    Ryan(Button)
    King Kane Deulofeu

1.5m in the bank, toying with who I upgrade, could do King to Wilson, or upgrade Zaha to Siggy?

Wilson for king

• Registered Users Posts: 7,597 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

RobTheLad wrote: »
    Ryan(Button)
    King Kane Deulofeu

Sterling will hurt u

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

manual_man wrote: »
    Angelino and Zinchenko have identical pre season minutes. I definitely fancy Zinchenko to get the nod. You never know though. Angelino(5m) would be tremendous value if he got the nod - great attacking stats from his last 2 seasons in Holland (4 goals and 15 assists from 68 games).

Supposedly Angelino hasn't been particularly impressive in his minutes early on. But never know with Pep.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

Go on then
    Ryan(Button)
    Robertson,VVD,Lundstram(Balbueno,Kelly)
    Sterling,Salah,Siggy,Perez(Dendoncker)
    Kane,King(Greenwood)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Ryan/Burnley Button

TAA A.Smith Davies Coleman Kelly

Sterling Salah Saha Dendoncker Perez

King Kane Mousset

• Registered Users Posts: 48,186 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    Quick look
    I can do kdb to sterling
    If
    I downgrade digne to a 4.5 and rotate that defender with another 4.5. Im not against this and Burnley rotate well with villa .picking the 4.5 ml Burnley defender could be tricky though
    Still .5 short
    So would have to do zaha to 6.5 . Again I’m not against this . Perez for example . Or brooks and switch King for another 6.5 like Gerry D or Jota

Well that plan did't last long when I realised my burnely and villa defenders would not be rotating as they would both be starting!!!!!!
    Having Sterling Salah and Kane just weakens the whole squad too much
    2 from 3 for me now
    Salah and one of the other 2
    Lucas Moura is actually presenting an interesting option in midfield for first 3 games. And I would not double up on Spurs attack

Have exact money for Moura Sterling Vardy instead of Zaha, KDB and Kane as well.............but I will have no money ITB and would have to play a 4.5 ml defender or Dendoncker every week. Have 1ml ITB with the current trio and might even downgrade Zaha to Perez to have 1.5

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    Well that plan did't last long when I realised my burnely and villa defenders would not be rotating as they would both be starting!!!!!!
    Having Sterling Salah and Kane just weakens the whole squad too much
    2 from 3 for me now
    Salah and one of the other 2
    Lucas Moura is actually presenting an interesting option in midfield for first 3 games. And I would not double up on Spurs attack

Have exact money for Moura Sterling Vardy instead of Zaha, KDB and Kane as well.............but I will have no money ITB and would have to play a 4.5 ml defender or Dendoncker every week. Have 1ml ITB with the current trio and might even downgrade Zaha to Perez to have 1.5

I went with Perez also.

Fabianski
    Robertson, Hollebas, Morgan, Richie
    Salah, Sterling, Perez, Moutinho
    Rashford, Haller

Kodja, Doherty, Noble

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Kodija won't play

Kodija won't play

At all?

I have him benched for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭elefant

I went with Perez also.

Fabianski
    Robertson, Hollebas, Morgan, Richie
    Salah, Sterling, Perez, Moutinho
    Rashford, Haller

Kodja, Doherty, Noble

You're looking at having at least 6 poor/mediocre FPL picks out of 15 with that squad. Add in Perez not guaranteed a start, and then unreliable scorers like Fabianksi, Haller and Holebas on top of that, and it's hard to see where the value is.

elefant wrote: »
    You're looking at having at least 6 poor/mediocre FPL picks out of 15 with that squad. Add in Perez not guaranteed a start, and then unreliable scorers like Fabianksi, Haller and Holebas on top of that, and it's hard to see where the value is.

I would have thought Perez was a cert to start paying £30 mil, play him behind Vardy and you are getting the benefit of hi being reg as a midfielder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Nah Villa have bought a new striker, Wesley will be the main man. Kodija will be on the bench

Nah Villa have bought a new striker, Wesley will be the main man. Kodija will be on the bench

I checked and changed to same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Draft number 1 done.

Thought process is trying to build a team for the first 8 weeks and wc then.

Ederson norris

Robbo vvd pieters targett Johnson

Milli salah sterling barkley Anderson

Wilson wesley nketiah

Ederson covers the city defence and Norris is lowest owned fodder to avoid drops.

Robbo and vvd need no explaining planning on 3-5-2 so pieters and targett can rotate based on fixtures.

I'm avoiding zaha for the minute as wanna see where he ends up and if still at palace he won't be happy millo suprised me a bit last year and pens is obviously an advantage. Salah and sterling speak for themselves. Barkley is one I'm monitoring if handled correctly could prove to be mad value at 6.0. Anderson is nailed on west ham attack cover they could be good going forward this year.

Id much rather spend the extra on Wilson as I think king is way over picked and will troll alot. Considered going haller/Fraser over Anderson/Wilson but I'm already taking a punt with Wesley as their fixtures are decent and he will be the focal point for villa. Nketiah just fodder

.5 in the bank for tinkering

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

think youve overspent on defence there chief.

My team

Allison

Laporte VVD Sokratis

Sterling Pulisic Barnes Martial

Lacazette Vardy Giroud

Bench - rodri and other wasters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

think youve overspent on defence there chief.

My team

Allison

Laporte VVD Sokratis

Sterling Pulisic Barnes Martial

Lacazette Vardy Giroud

Bench - rodri and other wasters
    Martial isn't certain to start. Barnes isn't either. Good team though.

Advertisement