Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RATE MY TEAM 19/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,115 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

macraignil wrote: »
    Looks to be a very good team. The one question that sticks out for me is why you pick Deeney over Deulofeu?

I prefer Deeney. I don't think he got the returns he deserved last season. And I think Deulofeu overperformed in comparison.

Also, Deulofeu is now a striker rather than a mid.

Plus Deeney on pens as VAR comes in.

Honestly, it's a gut call. I don't think there'll be a huge difference between the 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,555 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'm considering going with both King and Wilson at the start and then ditching one of them before the City game. No doubt if I just pick one of them, the other will score a brace gwk 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭Cartman78

The tooling about has started in earnest now, here's my latest draft....have previously gone big at the back but this is a bit more balanced I think

Ryan | Button

Coleman | VVD | Bertrand | Robertson | Dunk

Sterling | Jorginho | Salah | Dendoncker | Diangana

Vardy | Aubameyang | Greenwood

Aubameyang could become Kane at any point - at the moment he's in simply because of the opening day fixture against Steve Bruce's Newcastle.

Never had any luck with Sterling but can see him pushing on again this year. Jorginho is a punt, Dendoncker seems the best of the cheap mids, will monitor Diangana in pre-season.

No Man City defence...yet. Still half tempted to ditch VVD or Robertson and go with Origi up front for a few weeks. Mane, Salah and Firmino have all played a good bit over the summer so would expect Divock to get a lot of gametime

Cartman78 wrote: »
    The tooling about has started in earnest now, here's my latest draft....have previously gone big at the back but this is a bit more balanced I think

Ryan | Button

Coleman | VVD | Bertrand | Robertson | Dunk

Sterling | Jorginho | Salah | Dendoncker | Diangana

Vardy | Aubameyang | Greenwood

Aubameyang could become Kane at any point - at the moment he's in simply because of the opening day fixture against Steve Bruce's Newcastle.

Never had any luck with Sterling but can see him pushing on again this year. Jorginho is a punt, Dendoncker seems the best of the cheap mids, will monitor Diangana in pre-season.

No Man City defence...yet. Still half tempted to ditch VVD or Robertson and go with Origi up front for a few weeks. Mane, Salah and Firmino have all played a good bit over the summer so would expect Divock to get a lot of gametime

You shouldn't have to play one of Dunk, Greenwood, Dendoncker and Diagana, while also having Jorginho.

You're asking for 1s and 2s. They'll come naturally without having to seek them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Ederson 4.0

Robertson TAA Dunk Targett 4.0

Salah Sterling KDB Zaha Dendonker

King Deulofeu 4.5

Hoping to set and forget with keeper but am tempted to go with Burnley's no.1 and get Zinchenko instead. But do expect Ederson to be in the top 3 value for money keepers in the game.

Strength of the team is being able to crowbar KDB in alongside Sterling and Salah as I think if he plays enough games he will be among the very highest scorers and best value foe money premium player.

Drawback of this draft is the lack of depth in that I'd be looking to field 2 from 3 of Dunk (presumably at Leicester), Targett
    and Dendonker each week.

King and Deulofeu are in for their good early starts but I'd looking to move on Gerry after the first international break - like the price point with Jota here as well plus anyone who emerges from the bunch.

TAA, Robertson and Zaha are my other 3. Have 100% confidence all 3 will provide excellent value but just need to wait and see what happens with Zaha - would take him at either Arsenal or Palace he stayed and wasn't in a sulk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Ederson 4.0

Robertson TAA Dunk Targett 4.0

Salah Sterling KDB Zaha Dendonker

King Deulofeu 4.5

Hoping to set and forget with keeper but am tempted to go with Burnley's no.1 and get Zinchenko instead. But do expect Ederson to be in the top 3 value for money keepers in the game.

Strength of the team is being able to crowbar KDB in alongside Sterling and Salah as I think if he plays enough games he will be among the very highest scorers and best value foe money premium player.

Drawback of this draft is the lack of depth in that I'd be looking to field 2 from 3 of Dunk (presumably at Leicester), Targett
    and Dendonker each week.

King and Deulofeu are in for their good early starts but I'd looking to move on Gerry after the first international break - like the price point with Jota here as well plus anyone who emerges from the bunch.

TAA, Robertson and Zaha are my other 3. Have 100% confidence all 3 will provide excellent value but just need to wait and see what happens with Zaha - would take him at either Arsenal or Palace he stayed and wasn't in a sulk.

Similar team & thinking to myself. I’ve gone with Zinchenko & Heaton. I’ve gone for Milo over Zaha. But have also put in Kane over Sterling.

Heaton

Robertson Zinchenko Digne (Aarons, Kelly)

Salah KDB Milo Siggy (Dendoncker)

Kane King Origi

• Registered Users Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

First draft:

McCarthy/Heaton

AWB/Digne/Robertson/Foyth/Angelino

Salah/Sterling/Fornals/Tielmens/Dendocker

Wilson/Jota/Greenwood

Going with the approach that the defence should score heavy, and have a hunch that Angelino and Foyth will get good game-time. Greenwod is the great unknown quantity early on, but Fornals is meant to be class, although will be benched in GW1 as they play City.

Was contemplating upgrading Angelino to Mendy and upgrading to Rashford but Wilson seems to have a potentially nice start.

Slight change. Swapped Stacey (Bour) for Foyth and brought in Richarlson for Fornals for a bit more phwoar in midfield. Waiting on the Community Shield to see who starts LB for City and might bring in Zichenko as a result. Otherwise, I might sub in Milio for Teilmans for penalty taking alone.

Pope Button
    TAA VVD Zinchenko Gibson Kelly
    Salah Sterling Zaha Pérez Jorginho
    Vardy Wilson Greenwood

I took Digne out and replaced him with Zinchenko. No Zouma and Gueye possibly going too has dented his clean sheet appeal for me. Zinchenko should be safe for the first weeks and will offer clean sheet potential as well as attacking potential. Hoping Tarkowski will go to Leicester and Gibson will become a starter.

Jorginho being bigged up by Lampard and likely on pens, think he worth a punt. If Zaha stays at Palace, I'll probably ditch him depending on his mood. Pérez off the mark already in pre-season, not a definite for me yet though. Vardy and Wilson give me confidence, the likes of King doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭remoteboy

First serious attempt of the season

Heaton Ryan
    AWB Robertson Aarons Targett Kelly
    Salah Sterling Siggy Pérez Zaha
    Wilson Deulofeu Long

Cheap keepers to start. They don’t rotate perfectly but it’s not bad. If Heaton moves to Villa I’ll swap Ryan for Pope which should give perfect rotation.

Still work to do on defence. Not convinced by premium defenders with VAR coming in. Going to go with previous years option - 1 premium, 1 upper-mid, 2 x4.5 and 1x4. Might swap Robbo for TAA. Not sure about AWB.

Money spent in midfield. Think there’s some cracking options under 8m. Sterling and Salah are no-brainers. Siggy for set pieces and fixtures. Zaha is a steal at 7. He’s going to win a lot of penalties. If he gets a transfer to a bigger club even better. Perez is my punty pick. Think he’ll do well under Rogers.

Wilson and Deulofeu have decent fixtures and know where the net is. Long is only there because of his price. Might downgrade to Greenwood and spend money elsewhere.

I reckon this game is hugely influenced by how well you start. Had a terrible first week last year and never recovered. Great start the previous year and finished in the top 8k. Pattern repeats every year. So will be revising my team based on opening day fixtures. Will wildcard around week 4 probably.

remoteboy wrote: »
    I reckon this game is hugely influenced by how well you start. Had a terrible first week last year and never recovered. Great start the previous year and finished in the top 8k. Pattern repeats every year. So will be revising my team based on opening day fixtures. Will wildcard around week 4 probably.

A good start is massively underrated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

SlickRic wrote: »

100%

• Registered Users Posts: 10,509 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

SlickRic wrote: »

I don't know. Is it a case of a bad start equalling further bad decisions? What's the difference between a 5 million ranking GW1 compared to any other random GW? Or a bad month in August versus any other month? We'll all get one.

dsmythy wrote: »
    I don't know. Is it a case of a bad start equalling further bad decisions? What's the difference between a 5 million ranking GW1 compared to any other random GW? Or a bad month in August versus any other month? We'll all get one.

When I say 'good start' i kinda mean the first 3 or 4 GWs.

If you get your team in order quickly, and happen to have form players, it makes it so much easier compared to trying to get your team in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Be gentle. I've never tried a non-premium striker approach before.

Given that United will likely start one of Bailly, Jones or Smalling at CB, I fully expect Jorginho to nab a penalty in Week 1.

GMHA181h.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Surely King starts?

Home to SHU, if u arent starting him then why bother

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Surely King starts?

Home to SHU, if u arent starting him then why bother

I haven't really considered the starting XI for Week 1 fully, but King will probably start, maybe over Perez.

And Deulofeu won't be captain!

Why all the love for Jorginho?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Chesty08 wrote: »

Cheap player in top 6 given praise by new manager, high potential of starting, possible for points return, most people would see united as a lesser team than Chelsea for the 19/20 season .... personally I think a 0-0 is on the cards, neither manager able to inspire their team to victory

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Really happy with this :)

Ryan, Button
    TAA, Robertson, Zinchenko, Digne, Lundstram
    Salah, Sterling, Yarmolenko, Maddison, Dendonker
    Vardy, King, Greenwood

Cheap player in top 6 given praise by new manager, high potential of starting, possible for points return, most people would see united as a lesser team than Chelsea for the 19/20 season .... personally I think a 0-0 is on the cards, neither manager able to inspire their team to victory

Still makes no sense whatsoever. All of the above points you made were the same as last season. Definitely a waste of 0.5mil & a starting place in my eyes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

Chesty08 wrote: »

Penalties

• Registered Users Posts: 10,509 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

What's the difference between a defensive mid and a praised defensive mid?

None. You're still getting 3 points.

km79 wrote: »
    Penalties

Has this been confirmed?

Either way I hope he still doesn’t do his stupid run & jump when taking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Any opinions is King nailed on or would Jota be a better shout?

Alisson

Diop VVD Laporte

Sterling Salah Sigurdson Docoure Jorginho

Vardy King

Subs: Button, Diop, Docoure, Greenwood

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭macraignil

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Any opinions is King nailed on or would Jota be a better shout?

Alisson

Diop VVD Laporte

Sterling Salah Sigurdson Docoure Jorginho

Vardy King

Subs: Button, Diop, Docoure, Greenwood

Doucoure is good but I'm not sure he is allowed take up two places in your 15 man squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,681 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Chesty08 wrote:

km79 wrote:
    Penalties

Jorginho 2018/2019

Passes successfully completed: 3318
    Assists: 0

Jorginho 2018/2019

Passes successfully completed: 3318
    Assists: 0

Guess people are hoping that if he's on pens there's a chance he'll have a Milivojevic-esque season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭macraignil

Pushing the budget for the first eleven to much further than previous drafts I'm considering this draft as the one to stick with this season. Having a strong defense last season was way easier when Wan Bissaka was cheaper but going heavy on investment in a strong defense might make sense again with Liverpool and Man. City having by far the most clean sheets and having a good chance of a repeat of that this season. There also are a number of the premium defenders getting attacking returns. The attacking players selected are there for their record in attacking returns. Would be playing five at the back every week. The main thing I don't like is the lack of cover if players are left out due to rotation or last minute injury as would not expect to get much off the bench. Is it worth the risk? Any opinions appreciated.

Ederson
    Digne, Robertson, Alexander Arnold, Walker, Laporte
    Salah Sigurdsson, Perez
    Wilson, Vardy

Button, Dendoncker, Stephens, Greenwood

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

macraignil wrote: »
    Pushing the budget for the first eleven to much further than previous drafts I'm considering this draft as the one to stick with this season. Having a strong defense last season was way easier when Wan Bissaka was cheaper but going heavy on investment in a strong defense might make sense again with Liverpool and Man. City having by far the most clean sheets and having a good chance of a repeat of that this season. There also are a number of the premium defenders getting attacking returns. The attacking players selected are there for their record in attacking returns. Would be playing five at the back every week. The main thing I don't like is the lack of cover if players are left out due to rotation or last minute injury as would not expect to get much off the bench. Is it worth the risk? Any opinions appreciated.

Ederson
    Digne, Robertson, Alexander Arnold, Walker, Laporte
    Salah Sigurdsson, Perez
    Wilson, Vardy

Button, Dendoncker, Stephens, Greenwood

Very good team . Really expensive defence but that doesn’t mean u short in attacking options. Still able to get salah vardy and Wilson in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Ederson(Button)
    Robertson VVD Coleman Laporte (Reid)
    Salah Sterling Siggy Grealish (Dendoncker)
    Deulofeu Jota (Nketiah)

Defense - I've abandoned the back 5 for my latest draft, though while maintaining a strong back line. Happy with double Liverpool and City. Coleman is a differential and importantly he's .5 less than Digne - I don't think there'll be much between the two. Coleman has shown signs again of his marauding runs forward that he was so known for.

Midfield - I have the 2 premiums in Salah and Sterling. Nuff said. After that it was a close call between Siggy and Wilson but I just gave Siggy the nod - he's been a consistent performer for a good few seasons, is on pens, and Everton's fixtures look a little bit better over the first third of the season. Grealish to be honest is a bit of a wildcard pick. He finished last season very strongly and there's talk he could be on pens. Also he could be good for bonus as he likes a dribble and is fouled quite a lot. After gw1 Villa have a very nice run of fixtures.

Strikers - here I've had to make sacrifices obviously. Still, Deulofeu and Jota have good potential for returns. If Jota could just stop getting stupid yellow cards :pac: :pac: And at £6.5m, there's some good alternatives if they don't work out (Pukki and King are the two that immediately come to mind).

Bench - my bench is poor, there's no two ways of looking at it. I don't like to leave value on the bench. Dendoncker is definitely the pick of the cheap fodder IMO. Nketiah could become Greenwood, or any other playing 4.5 should they arise. Reid could be Kelly or Lundstram.

Feedback welcome

Advertisement