Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

BloodBath wrote: »
    Yeah. I'm not the 1 condoning violence by a terrorist group.

If you think antifa are violent wait till you hear what the far right have been up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

20Cent wrote: »
    If you think antifa are violent wait till you hear what the far right have been up to.

I'm not condoning either side. I find them both disgusting. It's this kind of radical bull**** that needs to be stamped out before it get's totally out of hand.

Taking sides is not the solution to that.

This kind of push from the far left or far right only leads to more radicals pushing back. Can most of us get back near the centre where we can talk like adults without labelling each other and associating each other with groups like these.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

Every time I see something like the original post, it reminds me of the ilk who support antifa, or the Sjw liberals

Usually small barrel shaped people who have purple hair or skinny guys with stupid haircuts.

They're never healthy looking, don't work because they're safe space could be infiltrated...

They cry a lot and frequently have to go to rehab for drink or drug addiction.

They hijack minorities, and fill their heads with sh1t about how they should feel bad about themselves and rise up...

You'll always see a nasty barrel type of person at the forefront....

Twiggly puff types of ilk

Imagine dating a liberal man or woman, you'd be constantly walking on eggshells and fear a mental breakdown at least once a week...

Probably blaming Trump for everything...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

You can chew gum and walk at the same time. Condemning one side is not an endorsement of the other.

There are multiple episodes now of them instigating violence, splitting people open that were not attacking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

What are they up to? You have some inside information?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

BloodBath wrote: »
    I'm not condoning either side. I find them both disgusting. It's this kind of radical bull**** that needs to be stamped out before it get's totally out of hand.

Taking sides is not the solution to that.

This kind of push from the far left or far right only leads to more radicals pushing back. Can most of us get back near the centre where we can talk like adults without labelling each other and associating each other with groups like these.

Well you've probably got normal people in the middle and they're getting on with their every day lives and the extreme right and left are a million miles away from where they're at.

notobtuse wrote: »
    What are they up to? You have some inside information?

Mass murder:
    Theres a chart.on this page.
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/04/03/world/white-extremist-terrorism-christchurch.html

Seems to be mostly single nut cases history in the US. Not some organized effort by right wing groups as you imply. Got anything better?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

Mentally ill, lone wolf

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Hedgelayer wrote: »
    Well you've probably got normal people in the middle and they're getting on with their every day lives and the extreme right and left are a million miles away from where they're at.

It's just the usual social engineering of divide and conquer spreading from the US like a virus. Get us all to fight each other while we ignore the real issues.

• Advertisement

notobtuse wrote: »
    Seems to be mostly single nut cases history in the US. Not some organized effort by right wing groups as you imply. Got anything better?

The article is literally about how they are connected and in contact with each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

That's the trendy line used by the likes of Morrissey and other racist apologists.

If you don't like someone because of their race, ethnicity, religion, skin colour and are happy for them to have violence put upon them and/or be discriminated against based on those differences, then IMO, you would fall into one of those categories.

Yeah, that’s the base it has expanded from.

The article is literally about how they are connected and in contact with each other.

Not much 'connected' in the US, which is what I commented on, in your article.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

klaaaz wrote: »
    You article was written by the said conservative Andy Ngo! There goes your neutrality!

The Proud Boys which you're quick to defend are a homophobic hate group as well as hating other races and minorities in both USA and Canada, they are designated as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.
    They are also at the forefront of organising the so called Boston straight pride, they are also hate feminism and want women to be subservient to men. They are like a "street fight club" engaging in violence on their opponents to meet their political goal

But you knew all that with your fine reputation!

Utterly awash with hypocrisy. Andy Ngo is a journalist for a centrist magazine, Quillette, and a brave one at that.

You don't seem to understand what's happening in Portland.

Could you explain while both Proud Boys and Antifa are designated as hateful groups, only one is banned from twitter?

Maajid Nawaz was also designated a far-right anti-Muslim extremist by the SPLC, and successfully sued them and won recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Be interesting to see if they get unmasking laws in place how many of them keep it up. I can see something like this happening at some point for now though they serve a purpose to the right and to the left.

As for the "white extremists" which is interesting on one level as it would be interesting to look at this analysis from the perspective of other cultures/relgions. I think the likes of ISIS ect would have them beat hands down.

What i don't get however is why would you want to associate yourself with a violent group after seeing what other individuals/groups do. In the game of escalation you will end up becoming the thing you hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,570 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Kimsang wrote: »
    Utterly awash with hypocrisy. Andy Ngo is a journalist for a centrist magazine, Quillette, and a brave one at that.

Really?, I had a look at it today, looks like an amateur wordpress blog and that's being kind.

Do actual journalists grift for donations?

Have you a sample of his brave work I can read?

Boggles wrote: »
    Really?, I had a look at it today, looks like an amateur wordpress blog and that's being kind.

Do actual journalists grift for donations?

Have you a sample of his brave work I can read?

A Racial Shakedown in Portland
    -Andy Ngo
    This is the top comment on that page from a reader:
    As a fellow Portlander, thanks for bringing light to this nonsense. Being continuously aware of who ought to be shamed and what to be outraged about are the primary social currencies here. Good people are hurt all the time on social media in Portland by these mobs. They won’t listen to reason, and if you tell another side of a story you’re immediately accused of “gaslighting.” Never fails.
    Take your pick of articles here

Could you answer for me; while both Antifa and Proud boys are both designated hateful groups, only one is banned from twitter?

Also why the left only criticize proud boys, while the right criticize both?

jesus ****ing christ lads

if you cant condemn vigilante violence

*from any side*

without b-b-b-utting

you are the problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

First off, the Proud boys should be vilified as much as antifa and I have no problem with them being labeled domestic terrorists or whatever term it might be. They included mandatory violence and arrests as part of their doctrine.

That said, the SPLC have little to no credibility these days. They designated people like Maajid Nawaz of Quilliam and Ayaan Hirsi Ali as anti Muslim extremists and regularly give similar labels to moderate Christian groups. They are a left wing fundraising machine posing as some charitable cause.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/22/us/splc-richard-cohen-resigns.html

"On March 14, a group of employees wrote to the center’s leaders and warned that “allegations of mistreatment, sexual harassment, gender discrimination and racism threaten the moral authority of this organization and our integrity along with it.”

After the center announced that it had fired Morris Dees, its charismatic co-founder, for misconduct, another group of employees sent a separate letter accusing the center’s leadership of being “complicit in decades of racial discrimination, gender discrimination, and sexual harassment and/or assault.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

You don't seem to understand what's happening in Portland.

Could you explain while both Proud Boys and Antifa are designated as hateful groups, only one is banned from twitter?

Andy Ngo has had his medical bills paid for by prominent conservatives over there.

You don't understand Portland. Racists have already murdered people there in that city hence the tensions and we have the marches from the far right trying to intimidate local people who don't fit their pure vision of a society. Of course the authorities in the Trump era should not allow far right groups to march in the first place which means the likes of antifa would not react to them.

Ask the private company Twitter on their policy, you can protest like Gemma O'Doherty if you like outside their hq in Dublin, assuming you live in Ireland.
    Maajid Nawaz was also designated a far-right anti-Muslim extremist by the SPLC, and successfully sued them and won recently.

An individual mistake, pretty rare. Now, where is your condemnation of the Proud boys?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

B0jangles wrote: »
    Isn't he the guy who doxxed a woman who had her neck broken by one of his patriot prayer colleagues? Who also makes lists of journalists he claims are pro-antifa which are very popular among neo-nazi groups like Atomwaffen?
    The doxxing tweet is still on his timeline fyi, he even shows the footage of her getting attacked, but for some weird reason the actual moment she is hit is blurred out - it's almost like they don't want anyone to see exactly what happened at that point.

(according to witnesses the injury was caused by being hit with a metal baton on the back of her neck when she was turned away from the attacker)

It was at this far-right attack on a local business:
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/portland-brewpub-cider-riot-sues-far-right-group-patriot-prayer-for-repeated-attacks

I'm not here to claim antifa alway behave perfectly and are incapable of being violent, but Andy Ngo is an active participant in these violent situations, not an innocent bystander as he claims.
    If the above is true....somewhat difficult to condemn any attack on him

A Racial Shakedown in Portland
    -Andy Ngo
    This is the top comment on that page from a reader:

Take your pick of articles here

Honestly couldn't read it, the font gave me a headache. :(

Thought Wordpress had a large selection of themes.
    Could you answer for me; while both Antifa and Proud boys are both designated hateful groups, only one is banned from twitter?

I have no idea, I don't work for Twitter.
    Also why the left only criticize proud boys, while the right criticize both?

I think they are both cúnts, but I don't know if I am left or right, it used mean something not anymore though.

I know that doesn't answer your question, but your question without examples or context has absolutely no meaning.

I think they are both cúnts, but I don't know if I am left or right, it used mean something not anymore though.

At least we can agree on something. Why though are you and so many others so quick to smear Andy Ngo and the centrist publication he works for? Its a publication I've followed for sometime now and it's nothing but fair; and honestly tries to get to the heart of issues. Most media is too sensationalized to sell. There's a reason centrist publications don't generate as much revenue....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Yeah, that’s the base it has expanded from.

Yet only their apologists seem to shill that line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Yet only their apologists seem to shill that line.

I’m not an apologist for anyone and I’ve used it.

At least we can agree on something. Why though are you and so many others so quick to smear Andy Ngo and the centrist publication he works for?

Because every cúnt and their mother these days pretends to be a journalist.

It annoys me and must annoy the shíté out of actual journalists, especially brave ones.

He is an absolute Díckhead that uses twitter to spread nonsense that makes situations in Portland worse.

He is part of the problem.

But he not in anyway unique.

At least we can agree on something. Why though are you and so many others so quick to smear Andy Ngo and the centrist publication he works for? Its a publication I've followed for sometime now and it's nothing but fair; and honestly tries to get to the heart of issues. Most media is too sensationalized to sell. There's a reason centrist publications don't generate as much revenue....

Centrist me hole scan through the articles it's far right.
    It even published lists of journalists claiming they were allied with antifa. These journalists subsequently were sent death threats from far right groups.

Because every cúnt and their mother these days pretends to be a journalist.
    It annoys me and must annoy the shíté out of actual journalists, especially brave ones.

He is an absolute Díckhead that uses twitter to spread nonsense that makes situations in Portland worse.

Can you prove your ridiculous claims?

These are comments from Portland residents of his article a year ago since you are not bothered to read the articles from Quillette:
    As a fellow Portlander, thanks for bringing light to this nonsense. Being continuously aware of who ought to be shamed and what to be outraged about are the primary social currencies here. Good people are hurt all the time on social media in Portland by these mobs. They won’t listen to reason, and if you tell another side of a story you’re immediately accused of “gaslighting.” Never fails.
    I literally cannot take a walk in my neighborhood or go to a store w/o some virtue signalling’s sign reminding me that certain lives matter, how “safe” someone is because “all (fill in aggrieved group here) is welcomed” or that “In *Our* America” leftist ideology is the right kind of divine faith. I cannot leave my home without getting a lecture on someone’s car, home, or business. And when my concern is expressed (that such signs serve to divide, adhere to self righteousness, and demonstrate Vaclav Havel’s Green Grocer example) my supposed downtrodden status is thrown out the window because of thoughtcrimes for being moderate.
    The city of Portland seems to have been led astray and it’s sad to watch the liberal leadership churn out something that is so ugly and unrecognizable to America and it’s ideals. Be better than the mobs, Alan.

Its fine if you don't understand whats happening in Portland, but to openly profess to not checking, and openly espousing a journalist as a dickhead, because he's doing his job, certainly reveals an ideological bent on your behalf.

These are comments from Portland residents.

How do you know they are?
    profess to not checking, and openly espousing a journalist as a dickhead,

Again, he isn't really a journalist is he? Out of interest did he study journalism?

• Advertisement

Centrist me hole scan through the articles it's far right.
    It even published lists of journalists claiming they were allied with antifa. These journalists subsequently were sent death threats from far right groups.

Prove your ridiculous claims

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement