Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

Well your mask has certainly slipped. You must be a very proud boy.

Can you elaborate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Boxing.Fan wrote: »
    Can you elaborate?

You seem to delight in people you don't agree with being beaten. And you got quite childish in your descriptions of Antifa.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Is it wrong to attack people with batons in your view?

Puts a different spin on it though.
    Old man randomly attacked probably sounds better.

I didnt cheer I said it was hilarious and I stand by that. Someone forgot the safe cross code. I'm sure he/she was just fine.

Wasn't directed at you. They're cheering in the video

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

klaaaz wrote: »
    The far right attack anyone who is non far right white, disobedient women, black, hispanic, Asian, Muslim, lgbt people to name a few. The far left tend to react against this aggression by the far right.

Massive over-simplification really.

Both sides have their fair share of utter c*nts who don't need any excuse or provocation.

I'll disagree with whoever said earlier that Antifa have great PR - I only ever hear of them when they're involved in some violence.

• Advertisement

You seem to delight in people you don't agree with being beaten. And you got quite childish in your descriptions of Antifa.

I've no people seeing a man armed with a baton swinging at people get taken down, do you?

What would you do in such a situation. I'd call it self defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

klaaaz wrote: »
    The far right attack anyone who is non far right white, disobedient women, black, hispanic, Asian, Muslim, lgbt people to name a few. The far left tend to react against this aggression by the far right.

Nonsense, they react against anyone who disagrees with their myopic and and infantile world view under the pretence of standing up for minorities (who don't acknowledge them for the most part). Spotty middle class losers and dropouts living of their parents bourgeois money.

osarusan wrote: »
    Massive over-simplification really.

Both sides have their fair share of utter c*nts who don't need any excuse or provocation.

I'll disagree with whoever said earlier that Antifa have great PR - I only ever hear of them when they're involved in some violence.

Not really. Thugs beat up Jew because they don't like Jews. Versus Thugs beat up racist. That's the bare bones of what it is. People quite obviously will be slower to condemn Antifa. The White House and much of the western world cheered when Osama Bin-laden was murdered. People will not be in a rush to condemn some things.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

B0jangles wrote: »
    Isn't he the guy who doxxed a woman who had her neck broken by one of his patriot prayer colleagues?

No, because Heather Clark was not doxxed.

She was named many times in the media as a result of her smashing up a venue’s sound system at Portland State University because she didn't like the fact that two people there were set to express views she did not agree with.
    hc2.png

Even Breitbart had named her:
    Heather-Clark1.png

If that's not enough, here's another two times she was named: (1, 2).

Funny how you'll try and justify this violent attack on Andy Ngo by pointing to words on Twitter he said. I mean, even if you were right here (you're not) and he did name her first, how would that justify a beating. While at the same time you appear to be suggesting that Heather was innocent yet she was actively taking part in violence with her masked buddies.

If they attack random journalists how come the only one hurt was Ngo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

I ain't going anywhere fella. Ill be around for a long time Why do antifa always use weapons?
    They don't

HealthyPlushAmericanwarmblood-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I think a bigger danger here is the normalizing of political violence, considering how heated things are in America where that ends is worrying. Funny thing is the likes of Antifa don't see that they are actually being used as a tool by the right.

Trump is more than happy to allow Antifa get up to crap like this as they essentially help prop up his support through people opposed to this type of behavior.

20Cent wrote: »
    If they attack random journalists how come the only one hurt was Ngo?

Why is it acceptable that they hurt anyone? Ireland more than any knows the road of political violence ends in a very bad way.

Billy Mays wrote: »
    They don't

HealthyPlushAmericanwarmblood-size_restricted.gif

A sucker punch... yeah why am I not surprised. More cowardice. That's how people die mate are you proud of your comrades?

Calhoun wrote: »
    Why is it acceptable that they hurt anyone? Ireland more than any knows the road of political violence ends in a very bad way.

True.
    But there is also self defence.
    If someone is trying to hurt you then you have the right to strike back.

True.

Was the journalist in question being physically threatening? And what level of strike back is acceptable?

A bleed on the brain is fairly serious what if they killed him would it be acceptable then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

All this “punch a nazi” and “bash the fasch” stuff doesn’t sit well in a time where the definition of nazi and fascist has expanded to a point where they have lost all meaning.

All this “punch a nazi” and “bash the fasch” stuff doesn’t sit well in a time where the definition of nazi and fascist has expanded to a point where they have lost all meaning.

Disagreeing is enough to get you assaulted. Let them normalise this type of behaviour because I guarantee you it will be them that lose in the end.

Was the journalist in question being physically threatening? And what level of strike back is acceptable?

A bleed on the brain is fairly serious what if they killed him would it be acceptable then?

He was out of hospital and crying on tucker Carlson's show pretty quickly no brain bleed.

Yes he is a physical threat, doxing anti racists and spreading propaganda for far right extremists. Plenty of people hurt by his actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

A sucker punch... yeah why am I not surprised. More cowardice. That's how people die mate are you proud of your comrades?
    Are you suggesting I'm part of Antifa just cos I posted evidence that they don't always use weapons?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

True.

Oh please

When an Antifa member hiding in the crowd pepper sprayed a woman giving an interview to a news crew, it was self-defence was it?

What about when Antifa thug Eric Clanton, tried to smash a guys head in with a bike lock again while hiding in the crowd, was that also self-defence?

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Are you suggesting I'm part of Antifa just cos I posted evidence that they don't always use weapons?

I dont know B are you? Do you condemn the violence of Antifa and the incident in particular with the sucker punch?

That's the trendy line used by the likes of Morrissey and other racist apologists.

If you don't like someone because of their race, ethnicity, religion, skin colour and are happy for them to have violence put upon them and/or be discriminated against based on those differences, then IMO, you would fall into one of those categories.

He was out of hospital and crying on tucker Carlson's show pretty quickly no brain bleed.

Yes he is a physical threat, doxing anti racists and spreading propaganda for far right extremists. Plenty of people hurt by his actions.

Thats not really being a physical threat and if he is doxxing then i assume there are lawful means in dealing with him. I mean doxxing and unpersoning happens across the political spectrum, should they all be beaten?

By physically harming him its just ramping up the ammunition being used by the right against the left.

Here is some far right violence, as you can see same tactics as antifa attack people that are outnumbered.

All the same except no masks and weapons here.

And of course no schoolbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,437 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

How did you get;

If you don't like someone because of their race, ethnicity, religion, skin colour and are happy for them to have violence put upon them and/or be discriminated against based on those differences, then IMO, you would fall into one of those categories.

From

?????

Thats not really being a physical threat and if he is doxxing then i assume there are lawful means in dealing with him. I mean doxxing and unpersoning happens across the political spectrum, should they all be beaten?

By physically harming him its just ramping up the ammunition being used by the right against the left.

Doubt antifa care much about PR.

"Being nice" never really worked against nazis in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

The fella punched in that famous video is an self proclaimed American Nazi. American's fought Nazism in WWII and they don't like Nazis on their home soil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Not really. Thugs beat up Jew because they don't like Jews. Versus Thugs beat up racist. That's the bare bones of what it is. People quite obviously will be slower to condemn Antifa. The White House and much of the western world cheered when Osama Bin-laden was murdered. People will not be in a rush to condemn some things.

This lad was a gay Asian beaten up by a few masked whites.

He might well be conservative of course. Or even fairly right wing. Maybe a bit of a chauvinist. He’s hardly a white supremacist.

Of course if you describe any ideological enemy as a fascist or white supremacist then it gives you the right to attack anybody.

I’d like to see the energy that the anti fan put into fighting phantoms go into fighting the US war machine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement