Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Overheal wrote: »
    I saw lots of Antifa people in black this morning - head to toe, covering their faces, all rallied together for the most part at bus stops but I did see one on a riding mower trimming the lawn. Even some kids present with face coverings

Oh wait it's just cold as balls outside. Ignore.

Handy way to spot them is to see if they're hassling old people with walkers trying to cross the street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

SexBobomb wrote: »
    Handy way to spot them is to see if they're hassling old people with walkers trying to cross the street.

Never happened as you sell it. Some Canadians were protesting the right wing policies of Maxime Bernier by blockading his promo talk. They blocked an elderly woman from attending. Wrong IMO, but not as you falsely paint it.

FYI: one their families had to close their business after death threats. The old lady maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Never happened as you sell it.
    hassling old people with walkers trying to cross the street.
    They blocked an elderly woman from attending.
    Never happened as you sell it.

K

K
    hassling old people with walkers trying to cross the street.

Wasn't an antifa protest, she wasn't simply crossing the street. A few errs there in your quip.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Id says this rumble the estrogen levels.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Id says this rumble the estrogen levels.

This old trope. Free speech means freedom to express ideas without punishment from the government. Not freedom to speak without any consequences.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

Mmnaaah, don't think that's indicative of typical presentation of Antifa at all.

Usually defending people from assault is more like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Antifa protester who attacked Trump supporter pleads guilty to assault
    Campbell was arrested near the venue, a nightclub at West 50th Street and 12th Avenue on Jan. 20 2018, after he punched and choked a 56-year-old man he had followed out of the event, police said. He was one of about 80 Antifa agitators protesting the gathering.

https://nypost.com/2019/10/05/antifa-protester-who-attacked-trump-supporter-pleads-guilty-to-assault/

• Registered Users Posts: 40,164 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50148024
    Two members of the US far-right group the Proud Boys have been jailed for four years for beating up anti-fascist activists in a fight last year.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

biko wrote: »

So Anitfa are protected from the police and their actions aren't reported by the press?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

And yet, bike lock guy gets a suspended sentence.

Brian? wrote: »
    Not freedom to speak without any consequences.

Cute. This is the type of bullsh*t that intolerance is made of. Those who share this sentiment would love to be the ones to choose the "consequences"? This is you trying to regulate an ideology or control speech, wanting to shut people down who do not think the same way you or the mob does. The above is an irrational talking point for irrational individuals to use when they are simply incapable of thinking for themselves, who are unable to defend or back up a point with rational arguments and not becoming emotionally involved. Every accusation lacks any credibility and is the height of petulance.

You want free speech for yourselves and not for others. Censorship does not go both ways. People who think that they are in the right and that they are morally superior to those with opposing political beliefs are the exact people who use intimidation the threat of violence to shut down events and people with opposing views. That is mob rule.

The bar for "hate speech" is set so low that you can apply it to anyone you have a disagreement with. Free speech should never be regulated. For example, if a call for action against any person/s belonging to a particular race, religion or creed, that's when it becomes a problem. If harm comes to anybody because of the call for action, then it's a major issue that must be dealt with by way of law. When you read an opinion piece or article you detest or something that goes against your values that you strongly disagree with. It's up to you to be an adult and deal with your own emotions. There are multiple examples that can be used. Hurt feelings are not a result of being harmed. That's just people being soft. To people on the left, 'hate speech' means an opinion or statement that they don't like.

It's simple, for many generations we've had it all the one way, white, wealthy and male. We had slavery and then segregation. Then blacks and women got the vote. We still had segregation. It wasn't uncommon for a black man to he hung until dead, a lynching. It was often a public event. We'd the KKK and institutional racism and sexism as par for the course.

Ever so slowly things are working towards equality.

The Alt-Right, Trump and campaign against any group seeking equality as a threat to free speech or liberty is basically fear and ignorance from the privileged because as they say, equality can seem like oppression when you're privileged.

Enter the Proud Boys. A perfect example of white spoiled brats and the attempt to dismiss all anti-fascism because you can single out some criminal element.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Cute. This is the type of bullsh*t that intolerance is made of. Those who share this sentiment would love to be the ones to choose the "consequences"? This is you trying to regulate an ideology or control speech, wanting to shut people down who do not think the same way you or the mob does. The above is an irrational talking point for irrational individuals to use when they are simply incapable of thinking for themselves, who are unable to defend or back up a point with rational arguments and not becoming emotionally involved. Every accusation lacks any credibility and is the height of petulance.

You want free speech for yourselves and not for others. Censorship does not go both ways. People who think that they are in the right and that they are morally superior to those with opposing political beliefs are the exact people who use intimidation the threat of violence to shut down events and people with opposing views. That is mob rule. You are conflating this with

The bar for "hate speech" is set so low that you can apply it to anyone you have a disagreement with. Free speech should never be regulated. For example, if a call for action against any person/s belonging to a particular race, religion or creed, that's when it becomes a problem. If harm comes to anybody because of the call for action, then it's a major issue that must be dealt with by way of law. When you read an opinion piece or article you detest or something that goes against your values that you strongly disagree with. It's up to you to be an adult and deal with your own emotions. There are multiple examples that can be used. Hurt feelings are not a result of being harmed. That's just people being soft. To people on the left, 'hate speech' means an opinion or statement that they don't like.

What the right are complaining about is that they can't bully minorities unchallenged anymore and by unchallenged I mean tweets or comments. Poor dears imagine if they experienced real discrimination.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,726 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The sort of crap that Turning Point USA is pushing on Facebook:

And then I wonder why the people on this thread behave as they do :rolleyes:

The sort of crap that Turning Point USA is pushing on Facebook:

And then I wonder why the people on this thread behave as they do :rolleyes:

I'd say no one on this thread has ever looked at Turning Point USA Facebook page apart from you.

I'd say no one on this thread has ever looked at Turning Point USA Facebook page apart from you.

Actually I haven’t. The photo is viral.

But is this supposed to detract from the photo? This surely must be the crap people like you see

Actually I haven’t. The photo is viral.

But is this supposed to detract from the photo? This surely must be the crap people like you see

Yeah, that's exactly what I see. :rolleyes:

20Cent wrote: »
    What the right are complaining about is that they can't bully minorities unchallenged anymore and by unchallenged I mean tweets or comments. Poor dears imagine if they experienced real discrimination.

OMG a victim has never responded to me before.

TBH, the dreg didn't get half of what he deserves. As you can see in the videos of that thread, one of many assaulting individuals with weapons. More examples need to be made of these degenerates. Im sure their cummrads will come to their defense on here.........."how do you know that's antifia"......" everybody wears black" ........ "there are many people un employed and living at home with mammy"

I can guarantee he/she/it won't be so tough in prison. Enjoy getting rag-dolled.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1190451153927995397

• Advertisement

Ah yes Andy also posted up some more theater the other night saying he was terrorized by his troupe of friends trick or treaters in Andy Ngo masks - that lad has some ego

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Notice almost none of the mainstream media are reporting on this Antifa scum getting six years.

New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, MSNBC etc etc all ran numerous stories about the Proud Boy's joke of a sentence, but yet appear to be looking the other way on this surprise surprise.

Guess such brutal images of a man with his head split open are not something they want associated with Antifa for some reason.

Ah yes Andy also posted up some more theater the other night saying he was terrorized by his troupe of friends trick or treaters in Andy Ngo masks - that lad has some ego

That's irrelevant and you are reaching! I don't see how that has anything to do with an Antifa criminal, who has been found guilty of second-degree assault, who has been sentenced, and a claim made by a person on twitter who you are partial towards. Do you disagree with the ruling because of the person that shared it? Does it conflict with your political beliefs and support for the criminal activity carried out by a mob? Or is it to do with the fact that the actions by the guilty party have been convicted in a court of law and that this will act as a precedent to any further gang activity?

I wouldn't put it past Antifa to make a martyr of the guilty muppet. I can only imagine them now: "It was for the cause.", "Our fallen cumrade's sacrifice will not be in vain" durp.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

It's the grift that keeps on giving.
    He must be loaded with cash from suckers by now.

I don't see how that has anything to do with an Antifa criminal..

It's classic deflection. They are well aware of the what they are doing too.

That's irrelevant and you are reaching! I don't see how that has anything to do with an Antifa criminal, who has been found guilty of second-degree assault, who has been sentenced, and a claim made by a person on twitter who you are partial towards. Do you disagree with the ruling because of the person that shared it? Does it conflict with your political beliefs and support for the criminal activity carried out by a mob? Or is it to do with the fact that the actions by the guilty party have been convicted in a court of law and that this will act as a precedent to any further gang activity?

I wouldn't put it past Antifa to make a martyr of the guilty muppet. I can only imagine them now: "It was for the cause.", "Our fallen cumrade's sacrifice will not be in vain" durp.

What’s irrelevant about Andy Ngo news in this thread where he’s been a center attraction? I don’t get your indignation sir

Oh come now ..

The tweet said an Antifa member (Gage Halupowski) was sentenced to nearly 6 years in prison for striking a man on the head from behind with a baton during a riot and that his lawyer said the sentence was too severe and what was your response to this news? To have a go at Andy Ngo. Despite him not even having expressed an opinion in the tweet. He merely relayed the news and linked to the source. So why have a go at him in that instance if it wasn't pure deflection?

Oh come now ..

The tweet said an Antifa member (Gage Halupowski) was sentenced to nearly 6 years in prison for striking a man on the head from behind with a baton during a riot and that his lawyer said the sentence was too severe and what was your response to this news? To have a go at Andy Ngo. Despite him not even having expressed an opinion in the tweet. He merely relayed the news and linked to the source. So why have a go at him in that instance if it wasn't pure deflection?

Oh come on now...

How is it not constructive to mention that Andy Ngo had also just been in the news as recently as Wednesday? As long as we were bumping the thread for the sake of an Andy Ngo related thing. You’re trying to exert Stalin-esque control over this thread now? Do I have to get pre-approval from you before I can post on current affairs and my own humble opinion? Who is on your committee?

What’s irrelevant about Andy Ngo news in this thread where he’s been a center attraction? I don’t get your indignation sir

It's evidently clear that you don't. Your only response to my post regarding a member of Antifa being convicted, on a thread that is specifically relating to Antifa, you go on about that lad? Really?? People deflect when they are butthurt.

• Advertisement

It's classic deflection. They are well aware of the what they are doing too.

Natural selection.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement