Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

This is what antifa are fighting against. Richard Spencer after Charlottesville.

https://twitter.com/atheist_cvnt/status/1191157832546041856?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

20Cent wrote: »
    This is what antifa are fighting against. Richard Spencer after Charlottesville.

I'm sure he was just being ironic.

Or joking.

Also, don't we all have the occasional antisemitic, racist meltdown?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

B0jangles wrote: »
    I'm sure he was just being ironic.

Or joking.

Also, don't we all have the occasional antisemitic, racist meltdown?

Talk about the mask slipping.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Danzy wrote: »
    Many in ANTIFA see the Jews as capitalism embodied in an ethnic group.

They'll bring the Jews in to everything just give them time.

Antifa are anti Semites now too? That's simply ludicrous.

How in God's name has it gotten to the point in this debate where Antifa are accused of being everything they fight against.

Antifa are the fascist anti Semites, not the actual fascist anti Semites. Is that seriously your opinion?

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

No it's not. If all Antifa did was attack people like Spencer, then nobody would have an issue with that other than scum like him.

You're just doing what you (and others) have done consistently throughout this thread, and that is ignore the fact that 99% of the scumbaggery that is witnessed being carried out by Antifa is against those expressing conservative traditional views. Basically those that have the audacity to be non-leftists.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

Came here to post this.

Watch two or three certain posters, especially those claiming Antifa are anti-semetic (LMFAO!!!!!:D) vanish for a few pages.
    No it's not.

It 100% is. And again; the only people with a problem with Antifa are alt-righters.

You're fooling no one bro.
    expressing conservative traditional views.

61g6Ci7wYrL._SX466_.jpg*

*Except in your case it's 0% effective.

PostWoke wrote: »
    .. the only people with a problem with Antifa are alt-righters.

Nope, centrists and conservatives have a problem with them too given that they have violently attacked many of them. Just look at all the bloodied images throughout the thread.
    You're fooling no one bro.

No, tis YOU people who are fooling nobody. You pretend that Antifa are all about fighting neo-nazis and white supremacists but the truth is that you support them for attacking those expressing disdain for the left.

Nope, centrists and conservatives have a problem with them too given that they have violently attacked many of them. Just look at all the bloodied images throughout the thread.

No, tis YOU people who are fooling nobody. You pretend that Antifa are all about fighting neo-nazis and white supremacists but the truth is that you support them for attacking those expressing disdain for the left.

I'm generally quite conservative, fiscally and immigration wise at least.

You're wrong. On all counts.

Also stop talking like a bleeding yank, with this 'LEFTISTS REEEEEE' nonsense. European governments are formed out of several parties don't be bringing that black and white tit for that nonsense into this continent.

Antifa are a decentralised movement that generally act as a deterrent and safety net for moderate protestors, or if required, the physical arm of moderate values. I'm very glad they exist. That's it, that's the reality. You can make your own I suppose, to live out in your own head.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

He's a fcukin tool. Always has been. What's your point? This in no way detracts from Antifa's continuous use of violence, threatening behavior and intimidation towards people that have opposing political beliefs or opinions. Many posters on here agree with assaulting and attacking people, they are just dancing around of actually admitting it. Pathetic really.

Also stop talking like a bleeding yank, with this 'LEFTISTS REEEEEE' nonsense.

Says the guy who was just moaning about the alt-right!! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

So, an Antifa militant was sentenced to nearly six years in prison for striking a man in the head with a baton during street violence in Portland. And 2 Proud Boys were also sentenced to 4 years in brawl with Antifa in New York… but prosecutors in the case said that if they could have located the Antifa members, they would have also been charged. I guess it pays to cover your face if you intend on participating in violent crimes. Masked protestors should not be allowed at these protests, and anyone wearing them should be arrested and fined. Also, people should keep filming the participants in these protests in hopes our protests will again become a peaceful endeavor.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,726 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

notobtuse wrote: »
    So, an Antifa militant was sentenced to nearly six years in prison for striking a man in the head with a baton during street violence in Portland. And 2 Proud Boys were also sentenced to 4 years in brawl with Antifa in New York… but prosecutors in the case said that if they could have located the Antifa members, they would have also been charged. I guess it pays to cover your face if you intend on participating in violent crimes. Masked protestors should not be allowed at these protests, and anyone wearing them should be arrested and fined. Also, people should keep filming the participants in these protests in hopes our protests will again become a peaceful endeavor.

Banning clothing choices? Sounds fascist

He's a fcukin tool. Always has been. What's your point? This in no way detracts from Antifa's continuous use of violence, threatening behavior and intimidation towards people that have opposing political beliefs or opinions. Many posters on here agree with assaulting and attacking people, they are just dancing around of actually admitting it. Pathetic really.

Not really.
    There must be thousands of political events across the US every week yet antifa don't show up at them. Only when there is a far right element in order to protect their community.

Not really.
    There must be thousands of political events across the US every week yet antifa don't show up at them. Only when there is a far right element in order to protect their community.
    BULL! Antifa are increasingly showing up at Trump rallies.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

And another one.
    Nick Fuentes a "conservative" who does these campus talks.

https://twitter.com/ReaganBattalion/status/894009774634930176

Are they? Are they being violent at them or are they standing in the way of people again like monsters?

they/them/theirs

Brian? wrote: »
    Are they? Are they being violent at them or are they standing in the way of people again like monsters?
    All the ones I’ve read about. But it’s not always violence against others as they also participate in vandalism, intimidation and illegally blocking traffic.

Seems you are fine with Antifa blocking the path of an elderly woman with a walker in the middle of a street in traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,280 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Overheal wrote: »
    Banning clothing choices? Sounds fascist

These laws already exist in many American States, they were used to break the back of a loosely affiliated gangs of thugs who tried controlling others through violence In the South.

Legal judgement have varied between seeing it as a free speech issue to handling those who use masks to attack wirh impunity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Antifa is a political movement, not a group.

The Tea Party Movement was/is a political movement. The Tea Party Patriots is a 501(c)(4) non-profit political organization, with offices at Tea Party Patriots Citizens Fund, 2295 Towne Lake Pkwy Suite 116-328 Woodstock, GA 30189.

These are important distinctions which are neither humorous nor a mystery in law or common vernacular. Trying to label a movement a terror organization is as ignorant as it is lazy.

It's a violent political movement. These are important distinctions. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,280 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

DanDan6592 wrote: »

It is a violent movement with a veneer of politics as a justification.

• Advertisement

All the ones I’ve read about. But it’s not always violence against others as they also participate in vandalism, intimidation and illegally blocking traffic.

Seems you are fine with Antifa blocking the path of an elderly woman with a walker in the middle of a street in traffic.

Actually I am fine with non violent protest. Blocking traffic and people is part of that. Vandalism is violence against property, I'm neutral on that. Violence against people is wrong always. Intimidation is completely subjective, some elderly white people I know are intimidated by groups of black people for no reason.

Are you saying Antifa aren't being violent at "all the ones you've read about" or not? I can't quite understand.

they/them/theirs

No, some factions are violent. Most aren't. That's also an important distinction.

they/them/theirs

And another one.
    Nick Fuentes a "conservative" who does these campus talks.

https://twitter.com/ReaganBattalion/status/894009774634930176

Is this leak Milo too? Love to see them eat each other.

It's a violent political movement.

It's not, of course. That would be the alt-right, call me up when antifa have a body on them, the alt-right have dozens already when you consider mass shootings.

Brian? wrote: »
    Actually I am fine with non violent protest. Blocking traffic and people is part of that. Vandalism is violence against property, I'm neutral on that. Violence against people is wrong always. Intimidation is completely subjective, some elderly white people I know are intimidated by groups of black people for no reason.

Are you saying Antifa aren't being violent at "all the ones you've read about" or not? I can't quite understand.
    You're neutral on vandalism? I wonder how neutral you'd be if they destroyed your car, home, or business just because it was in the vicinity.

Causing someone to get run over by a car because Antifa blocked their ability to cross the street is part of your acceptance to protests?

I'm saying Antifa has been involved in criminal activity at all the ones I've read about. Seems quite simple to understand.

“...where there is a far right element...”

It's not, of course. That would be the alt-right, call me up when antifa have a body on them, the alt-right have dozens already when you consider mass shootings.

Mother of God. So that's what it comes down to for you then... The Body count?

It's been pointed out numerous times that Anti-fa don't simply protest the alt-right, but more run of the mill conservatives and right-wingers.

You're neutral on vandalism? I wonder how neutral you'd be if they destroyed your car, home, or business just because it was in the vicinity.

Causing someone to get run over by a car because Antifa blocked their ability to cross the street is part of your acceptance to protests?

I'm saying Antifa has been involved in criminal activity at all the ones I've read about. Seems quite simple to understand.

Who was run over by a car? Has Heather Heyer died again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

PostWoke wrote:

How long ago was it that you were whinging about American isms?
    Overheal wrote:
    Who was run over by a car? Has Heather Hayer died again?

Stay classy

• Advertisement

Who was run over by a car? Has Heather Hayer died again?

Jesus that's lovely. Use the murder of a women to score cheap points on a discussion forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement