Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Note 10/Note 10+

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Serious buyers remorse on this phone. That dot is staring at me.

489167.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

If it's annoying you that much get yourself a wallpaper which "hides" it, I did that for my S10 and barely notice it now.

Clareman wrote: »
    If it's annoying you that much get yourself a wallpaper which "hides" it, I did that for my S10 and barely notice it now.

Doesn't bother me on the home screen. It's when using apps. Chrome example. Scrolling boards, dot stands out a mile.

Anyhow, just tried out a 3 sim and it worked. So going to sell it..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

You can set a black bar to hide the dot natively from display settings.

I got used to the s10 dot and don't even notice the not 10. Give it some time.

You can also set apps not to use the full screen too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Peatys wrote: »
    Doesn't bother me on the home screen. It's when using apps. Chrome example. Scrolling boards, dot stands out a mile.

Anyhow, just tried out a 3 sim and it worked. So going to sell it..

So what you going to replace it with?

cookie1977 wrote: »
    You can set a black bar to hide the dot natively from display settings.

I got used to the s10 dot and don't even notice the not 10. Give it some time.

You can also set apps not to use the full screen too.

I'll give it a bash, cheers.

Edit; ah that's way better. Cheers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I find that I get to love new "annoying" things like the dot, I was a user would thought I'd never last without physical buttons now I hide the buttons altogether, it's also a great security feature as the wife or kids don't have a clue how to use my phone :D

Micky 32 wrote: »
    So what you going to replace it with?

This black bar has me sorted.

Good aul boards to the rescue.

I'll give it a bash, cheers.

Display
    Full screen apps
    Hamburger icon, advanced settings
    Hide camera cut out

• Advertisement

I find that I get to love new "annoying" things like the dot, I was a user would thought I'd never last without physical buttons now I hide the buttons altogether, it's also a great security feature as the wife or kids don't have a clue how to use my phone :D

Gestures are great. I missed them from my blackberry days.

When someone brings out a pearl track yoke that you can change the colour of I'll be buying it in the morning, I LOVED THAT PHONE.

Just realized I'd at least 4 Blackberries, the original green 1 which needed the ear piece to make calls, the blue one, the pearl 1 and the flick 1, I might even still have then in the attic.

When someone brings out a pearl track yoke that you can change the colour of I'll be buying it in the morning, I LOVED THAT PHONE.

Just realized I'd at least 4 Blackberries, the original green 1 which needed the ear piece to make calls, the blue one, the pearl 1 and the flick 1, I might even still have then in the attic.

I didn't have the original but I got the 7210 and most models since up to the passport which I loved.

Any way I forgot how much I missed the Spen. Accuracy is incredible.

I've worked in IT for an awful long time so have gone through an awful lot of different devices, I had a Palm Pilot and Palm Treo, the Treo was great cause I got a stylus which had an actual pen built into and could be expanded to be a full sized pen.

F**K I've just realized that my actual phone number is over 20 years old, I got it 6 months before Y2K

I've worked in IT for an awful long time so have gone through an awful lot of different devices, I had a Palm Pilot and Palm Treo, the Treo was great cause I got a stylus which had an actual pen built into and could be expanded to be a full sized pen.

F**K I've just realized that my actual phone number is over 20 years old, I got it 6 months before Y2K

I had the palm pilot IIIx and VII. I remember connecting them via ir to my nokia 7210 for internet connection.

I had eircom pagers the ones that were payg. I got my first phone in 1997 from esat. 15 quid a month for 15 sms and 15 mins any network!

Ahh the pagers, I had 1 of those as well. I also remember using a Nokia and IR to get dialup, saved my bacon a few times with work.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Gentle nudge......... can we keep it more 2019, rather than 1999 please.

More air gestures stylus waving, and less palm pilot restive screen stylus action
    :p

Davy wrote: »
    air gestures stylus waving, and less palm pilot restive screen stylus action :p

How are ye getting on with the stylus waving? I couldn't even make it out of the tutorial :D

I'm swiping, I'm swiping!

How are ye getting on with the stylus waving? I couldn't even make it out of the tutorial :D

I had a note 4 years ago so not too bad. Still experimenting. I've a USB to HDMI adaptor so I'm dying to try it for presentations.

Controlling music is fine. What issues have you had with the pen?

• Advertisement

I've used the stylus on my Note 9 for presentations a few time, just nee to set the buttons up properly, looking forward to trying the gestures now actually

cookie1977 wrote: »
    I had a note 4 years ago so not too bad. Still experimenting. I've a USB to HDMI adaptor so I'm dying to try it for presentations.

Controlling music is fine. What issues have you had with the pen?

When I'm following the little tutorial for controlling music, or at least trying to, and it's still showing the arrow gestures..
    i actually think the phone felt sorry for me in the end and just finished the tutorial and said well done. If it could have patted me on the head it would have.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

Anyone try quick measure yet?
    I must compare the results with a ruler to see how accurate it is.

markad1 wrote: »
    Anyone try quick measure yet?
    I must compare the results with a ruler to see how accurate it is.

It's alright. Not sure how much I'll use it though. The stuff I measured was definitely accurate albeit small items.

Not 5G but still impressed with mobile speeds on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

Here's mine

markad1 wrote: »
    Here's mine
    Ouch :(

Where I live and work I generally get 20-50Mbps when I had my S10. Have to do some more testing to see if the previous result is consistent or an apparition.

Well routinely getting speeds of 100-200Mbps over mobile data in Dublin subarbs. But side affect of high speed is I burned through over 2gbs today, so be careful if your plan is limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Anitajinks

I've a Huawei mate 20 Pro and I'm due an upgrade. Thinking of note 10 plus I'm wondering would there be much of a difference or should I hold on to my Huawei for longer?

• Advertisement

Anitajinks wrote: »
    I've a Huawei mate 20 Pro and I'm due an upgrade. Thinking of note 10 plus I'm wondering would there be much of a difference or should I hold on to my Huawei for longer?

Only bother if you really want the S-Pen

Advertisement