Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Note 10/Note 10+

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I like the phone but if I'm honest - the battery and camera disappoint me a bit.

Screen, updates (surprisingly for Samsung), charging time and build are top notch though.

The camera disappoints you??? I find it a continuous wow factor, especially the live focus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Clareman wrote: »
    The camera disappoints you??? I find it a continuous wow factor, especially the live focus

Yep, I find lower light situations give disappointing results quite a lot of the time. Previous pixel didn't struggle to the same extent. Night mode isn't as good either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Hi All,

A couple of quick questions please - I've a pristine Note 9 (Blue, 128GB, with blue clear-back case) and am thinking of upgrading to a Note 10 Plus.

If I sell my Note 9 privately on Adverts how much should I be asking?

Where should I be buying the Note 10 plus 512GB? Where should I be looking, and whats a good ballpark price I'd be expecting to pay?

* I see eGlobal mentioned on this thread a couple of times - I did have a bad experience with eGlobal about 4-5 years ago - Bought a phone which never seemed to get scheduled updates - Think it was a non-standard asian-centric ROM or something, turned into a really sour and disappointing experience.

Anyway - Would really appreciate your thoughts, these queries usually bring up options and considerations I just wouldn't have known about in advance, thanks.

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Hi All,

A couple of quick questions please - I've a pristine Note 9 (Blue, 128GB, with blue clear-back case) and am thinking of upgrading to a Note 10 Plus.

If I sell my Note 9 privately on Adverts how much should I be asking?

I reckon you could ask for €450. That's pretty insane, really. I paid €600 for mine (ex VAT through work). Crazy to think I could get away with only losing €150 on it over 18 months.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I had mine up on adverts for €520 for a while and didn't get an offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Thanks folks! Will start at €450 so.

Clareman is Amazon the best option for a Note 10+ 512GB? Did you use the UK site or one of the others?

I see AllInTheFamily from Adverts has been mentioned on here also - He's selling sealed Note 10+'s 256GB for €799.

https://www.adverts.ie/samsung/samsung-galaxy-note-10-plus-5g-256b-12gb-brand-new-sealed-unlock-black-blue-2-years-warranty-receipt/19771116

I've seen him recommended on here a tonne of times and know he's got a lot of happy customers.

But what would you be buying? Is this a "grey market" phone? From what I can gather they're fine (?)

But I suppose the question is....are they fine!!!!????

Friend of mine bought 1 of the Note 10s from AllInTheFamily, no issues at all with it.

I ended up getting mine from the Microsoft UK site as I was looking for the 5G version so couldn't get that in Ireland and Amazon didn't have stock at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Just check the IMEI number if you buy off any 'independent sellers', you don't want to end up like this guy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Just got the March security update from Three

I've an unlocked 5G plus from the UK and updates are very slow to come through, i think I just got the Feb update last week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Got two march updates on an unlocked 10+. One on the 2nd, one yesterday again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

http://www.adverts.ie/20033023

My Note 10+ 5G 256gb/12GB RAM if anyone is interested. It's like new. Too big for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Thinking of getting a note 10 for myself. Any recommentions where to get new?

Samsung have a flash sale at the moment and its showing as €849 but I see on Adverts them going for €649, so not sure how legit the Adverts versions are.

Samsung are having a sale at the moment so that's probably the cheapest legit place, a friend of mine bought from Adverts and didn't have any problem, personally I think I'd wait until the Note 20 is announced in ~4 months, I'd imagine the price for the 10 will plummit then

Samsung are having a sale at the moment so that's probably the cheapest legit place, a friend of mine bought from Adverts and didn't have any problem, personally I think I'd wait until the Note 20 is announced in ~4 months, I'd imagine the price for the 10 will plummit then

Good call on waiting. To be honest, I'm still impressed with the Note 9 specs compared to my current S8 so I nearly bought one of them, but was on the fence of just shelling out more for the Note 10

I've had the 8,9 and 10, I've to say that the 9 is probably my favourite, I really miss the notification LED.

I've had the 8,9 and 10, I've to say that the 9 is probably my favourite, I really miss the notification LED.

Oh I didnt know they remove the notification LED from the 10. That would lean me back to the 9 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭markad1

Have to agree, the 9 is a great phone.
    I'm on the 10 now and can't bring myself around to selling the 9.

markad1 wrote: »
    Have to agree, the 9 is a great phone.
    I'm on the 10 now and can't bring myself around to selling the 9.

Is the 9 in good condition as I may know an interested buyer ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭markad1

Is the 9 in good condition as I may know an interested buyer ;)

Lol top notch

• Advertisement

markad1 wrote: »
    Lol top notch

Don't want to completely derail the thread but if interested to move it on, PM me the specs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Has anybody used eglobal for purchasing a Note 10+? any problems with delivery / Bands ? or any recommendation where i could get one at a good price does the onLooking at options on a new phone in the near future, toss up between the Mi10 and also looking at the Galaxy note 10+ from Eglobal. Currently have a Mi Mix2.
    eglobal sell use a Snapdragon or Exynos processor? :confused:
    the last galaxy note i had was a note 2 and loved it, the s-pen was great.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sesame

I just bought a Note 10 on the Amazon Warehouse. Perfect condition although described as "Acceptable", missing a charger which I knew about. Cost about €500. I was watching the Warehouse for a while waiting for something to come up.
    Anyone know where I would get a good cheap charger for it that would make the most of the fast charging capabilities? I think the charger needs to be PPS compatible, whatever that is. Don't want to spend too much.

Sesame wrote: »
    I just bought a Note 10 on the Amazon Warehouse. Perfect condition although described as "Acceptable", missing a charger which I knew about. Cost about €500. I was watching the Warehouse for a while waiting for something to come up.
    Anyone know where I would get a good cheap charger for it that would make the most of the fast charging capabilities? I think the charger needs to be PPS compatible, whatever that is. Don't want to spend too much.

Personally I never trust non-branded chargers or cables, the thought of something that was bought in a €2 shop plugged into the mains in my house for 24 hours a day just frightens the **** out of me nevermind the risk to €500 worth of kit to using a cheap solution, it's up there with people risking their car by getting cheap diesel from a non-named station.

I've gone almost completely wireless charging now, have a dual charger next to the bed for my watch/earbuds and phone, so so handy but, Amazon often have stuff on offer, I've spotted some named brand stuff in Tesco from time to time as well.

Personally I never trust non-branded chargers or cables, the thought of something that was bought in a €2 shop plugged into the mains in my house for 24 hours a day just frightens the **** out of me nevermind the risk to €500 worth of kit to using a cheap solution, it's up there with people risking their car by getting cheap diesel from a non-named station.

I've gone almost completely wireless charging now, have a dual charger next to the bed for my watch/earbuds and phone, so so handy but, Amazon often have stuff on offer, I've spotted some named brand stuff in Tesco from time to time as well.

I do use Non Branded chargers, but only for slow (normal) charge facilities like at work.

When at home wanting to use Fast Charge, i would much prefer just to stay with an OEM samsung charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Sesame wrote: »

Samsung 45w charger really is the only one but you will find them often enough for 35-36 quid on Amazon.
    Besides that there's the Elecjet PowerPie if you want a PPS 45w powerbank and for car charger I would recommend the 73w one from Maninam, you will find it if you just search for Maninam on Amazon dot com

Advertisement