Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Note 10/Note 10+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Has anyone a link to a good screen protector that works? I got ones for the note 9 before and they either fell off after a bit or didn't work right with the curved screen. Then it fell out of my hand when i was carrying stuff and cracked the edge :(

Didn't have much luck with ones for the missus so either.

My main concern is scratches as I'm pretty careful with the device. I have a good Samsung hard cover for the device and the screen protector it comes with should be enough to protect against scratches.

I've an S10 since April and the included screen protector is is still looking good. Although as I said it's just there to protect the screen from scratches.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

cookie1977 wrote: »
    My main concern is scratches as I'm pretty careful with the device..

I was sick tbh. I never damage any of my devices. I was rushing and had a few things in my hand and it squirmed out :(

I got a great on for my last watch that was like flexible film. Very slight rubbery touch to it, but havnt found similar for the phone. Normally get a glass screen protector for the phones and tablets, but the curved ones just don't seem great.

On a related note, what cases are people getting? I've gone with an open fronted one for the last few phones, don't like to be flipping a cover off every time I want to use it.

I posted this before:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07V9ZJ1Z3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've had them for the S9 and S10 and I find them sturdy. The kick stands are useful too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I am thinking of getting this phone. I will be coming from a Galaxy S8 because the battery life is starting to drop a bit. I'll have the time to go into a shop on Monday to see the phone.

How have people found it so far? I take it Amazon is the way forward here? Are there any deals with the earbuds going?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Got hands on with the plus and wasn't that impressed. The A70 beside it looked as good and the same size. I know the specs aren't the same but i was thinking i dont think this looks good enough for 1k+ price point.

• Advertisement

Beersmith wrote: »
    Got hands on with the plus and wasn't that impressed. The A70 beside it looked as good and the same size. I know the specs aren't the same but i was thinking i dont think this looks good enough for 1k+ price point.

Sounds like you saved yourself a few bob there.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Samson1

Has anyone any issues with the Note 10 size?

Correct me if I am wrong about any of this.

I have the Galaxy Note 8, which from memory was marketed by Samsung as 6.1". I believe Samsung offered the Note 10 as 6.3" and the Note 10+ as 6.7".

I saw the Note10 in Carphone Warehouse and it is much smaller than the Note 8. Not only that, it seems even smaller than even the Galaxy S10.

Whereas they don't have the Note 10+ in store they assure me that it is (according to their system) the exact same size as the Note 8.

How can a 6.7" phone be the same dimensions as a 6.1" phone, or is any of the above wrong??

I was ready to upgrade from Note 8 to Note 10+ - but that was based on the increased screen size. Can anyone confirm this please??

After 2 years, I am willing to upgrade to a larger phone, but not to a pretense by the manufacturer on specs that (on the basis of the Note 10) do not exist?

Samson1 wrote: »
    Has anyone any issues with the Note 10 size?

Correct me if I am wrong about any of this.

I have the Galaxy Note 8, which from memory was marketed by Samsung as 6.1". I believe Samsung offered the Note 10 as 6.3" and the Note 10+ as 6.7".

I saw the Note10 in Carphone Warehouse and it is much smaller than the Note 8. Not only that, it seems even smaller than even the Galaxy S10.

Whereas they don't have the Note 10+ in store they assure me that it is (according to their system) the exact same size as the Note 8.

How can a 6.7" phone be the same dimensions as a 6.1" phone, or is any of the above wrong??

I was ready to upgrade from Note 8 to Note 10+ - but that was based on the increased screen size. Can anyone confirm this please??

After 2 years, I am willing to upgrade to a larger phone, but not to a pretense by the manufacturer on specs that (on the basis of the Note 10) do not exist?

You're confusing screen size with phone dimensions. The Note 8 and 9 had bezels at the top and bottom, so a smaller screen on the same dimension phone as the 10+.

For all intents and purposes, the Note 8, 9 and 10+ are the same sized phone, with the Note 10 a bit smaller.

I don't even think the 10 should be called the Note 10. It should be the Note 10e or Note 10 Lite, because it's not a real Note.

https://www.phonearena.com/phones/size/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-10+,Samsung-Galaxy-Note-9,Samsung-Galaxy-Note-8,Samsung-Galaxy-Note-10/phones/11190,10857,10478,11155

Basil3 wrote: »
    Sounds like you saved yourself a few bob there.

Not going for either. Want bigger and high end. Will check out the Fold whenever it comes out.

Beersmith wrote: »
    Not going for either. Want bigger and high end. Will check out the Fold whenever it comes out.
    High end? The fold screen will be plastic to allow it to fold. You wont be able to cover the screen with a protector so how easily will it get scratched? The specs of the Note 10+ (like most current premium devices) are all the same.
    There's little to no difference between the two devices aside from the screen:
    https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=9523&idPhone2=9732

And the fold has a 7.3 and the Note 10+ has a 6.8 inch.
    And price wise?
    Fold: About 1750 EUR
    10+ About 1100 EUR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Fiddlex wrote: »
    Im confused my phone says it can have two sims but the tray only had one slot for a sim?

Where does it say it can take two sims? Whats the exact model ? It should has DS in the model number.

If it does then you can put a nano sim in both slots. The second SD card slot also holds nano sim and the tray is cut in way that it can take micro sd or nano sim

On mine one side say Sim 1 , the other MicroSD/Sim 2

High end? The fold screen will be plastic to allow it to fold. You wont be able to cover the screen with a protector so how easily will it get scratched? The specs of the Note 10+ (like most current premium devices) are all the same.
    There's little to no difference between the two devices aside from the screen:
    https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=9523&idPhone2=9732

And the fold has a 7.3 and the Note 10+ has a 6.8 inch.
    And price wise?
    Fold: About 1750 EUR
    10+ About 1100 EUR

Yes, but other people won't confuse it with an A70.

To be fair, surface area of the screen of the fold is much much bigger due to the dimensions.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Yes, but other people won't confuse it with an A70.

To be fair, surface area of the screen of the fold is much much bigger due to the dimensions.

Yes but who's looking at a note 10+ and not thinking about the specs, the HDR+, the s pen, the camera etc...

Most buy their phones for themselves not for others to see. I back that comment up by the fact that the vast majority of people stuff there's circa 1K euro phone into a 10 euro phone cover. Pius all phones look now like glass slabs.

I could have bought a vertu if I wanted to stand out.

I wasn't saying the note isn't high end. I was saying i wanted high end and a bigger screen that was all. The high end was in reference to the A70 which I wouldn't get because it isn't high end.

The note is certainly going to be crazy expensive. I probably won't buy that either but I might when I get my hands on it and see reviews.

Also i never use a screen protector or cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Anyone else notice that the sim tray doesnt go in fully, its slightly raised?

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭markad1

dan786 wrote: »

Mine is flush

I'll check tomorrow but I'd imaging it should be flush. I've had S7's to S10's and none have been raised. I remember someone on another forum returning one due to the issue.

Have you check to make sure everything is seated correctly?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

Where does it say it can take two sims? Whats the exact model ? It should has DS in the model number.

If it does then you can put a nano sim in both slots. The second SD card slot also holds nano sim and the tray is cut in way that it can take micro sd or nano sim

On mine one side say Sim 1 , the other MicroSD/Sim 2

In Connection settings -> Sim manager, it shows Sim 1 with my sim and Sim 2 no sim card. It also shows this when I put a sim in and gives me settings to use two at the same time. My model came directly from Samsung Ireland, its only an F model and not DS?

EDIT: it does in fact allow a 2nd Sim where the micro sd card slot is and it works with 2 sims. I have a 48 sim and 3 sim installed and it recognizes both.

My sim tray on the 5G is definitely flush.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

How durable is the included screen protector likely to be?

Should i just replace it now?

• Advertisement

ChopShop wrote: »

Fine for scratches but it's only a sheet of plastic. My s10 still has it on it and it looks fine. Some people hate it some people like it some people want greater protection from knocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭markad1

My sim tray on the 5G is definitely flush.

You got it :-)

markad1 wrote: »
    You got it :-)
    I did. It was like a scene out of Bowfinger!

Lovely phone I have to say. Havent managed to test 5G yet as I;m too far away. A lot to look into. The 3D scanner app had to be downloaded and isn't natively installed on the phone. Screen really is beautiful.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive :( Does the sim tray take 2 SIMs do you know? I know it'll definitely take 1 SIM and a memory card but I'm reading conflicting reports about whether the memory card tray will take a sim instead of the card

Clareman wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for mine to arrive :( Does the sim tray take 2 SIMs do you know? I know it'll definitely take 1 SIM and a memory card but I'm reading conflicting reports about whether the memory card tray will take a sim instead of the card
    The 10+ 5G does not. The tray is designed not to accept two sims. I'm tempted to try my s10 tray (which is dual sim hybrid) just to see if it's a tray issue or hardware issue but haven't plucked up the courage yet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

The 10+ 5G does not. The tray is designed not to accept two sims. I'm tempted to try my s10 tray (which is dual sim hybrid) just to see if it's a tray issue or hardware issue but haven't plucked up the courage yet.

I'll probably pick up a tray on ebay when they come down in price, I'm getting the 512 version so I shouldn't need any additional space, I'll trial ditching the work phone.

On a side note, does anyone know if you can get a second sim card for your main number? I'm getting an LTE laptop and would like to use the data plan off my phone rather than getting a second bill

Clareman wrote: »
    On a side note, does anyone know if you can get a second sim card for your main number? I'm getting an LTE laptop and would like to use the data plan off my phone rather than getting a second bill
    No, unless you're a corporate client paying big big bucks.

An another note the Dex integration on a laptop is brilliant.

I use nothing but Dex on my S4 tablet, can't wait to try it on the Note, just a week left for me to wait............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

ChopShop wrote: »

If it's like the S10+ protector it's quite easy to scratch.

Advertisement