Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Note 10/Note 10+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just had the Note 10+ in my hand in Amsterdam. Not to big at all and super screen on it. Didn't feel as big as it is either if that makes sense so I think I'll go with the + over the regular note 10

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Just had the Note 10+ in my hand in Amsterdam. Not to big at all and super screen on it. Didn't feel as big as it is either if that makes sense so I think I'll go with the + over the regular note 10

As I always say when you're used to having big things in your hands the Note isn't that big ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭markad1

Just picked up from parcel motel, all went well.

Clareman wrote: »
    As I always say when you're used to having big things in your hands the Note isn't that big ;)

Not a problem for me :pac: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

markad1 wrote: »

Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Mines still not dispatched from amazon... They'll have some job delivering it tomorrow

Was onto amazon. My order was delayed, due for delivery tomorrow now.

Any thoughts on it while I await the amazon dispatch message??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Anyone get a 10+ from Three? Looking to find out if they are unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Why are people buying the non 5G version?

• Advertisement

Truckermal wrote: »

Maybe they've no need for 5G or they feel that the 5G coverage wont be good enough for the minute to justify the extra cost?

Buying a 5G doesnt really make much sense if you not planning to keep your phone 2-3 years. I dont see it happening for another few years, maybe earliee in a few areas but even then it wont be that reliable.

Verizon in USA have a few areas covered that have been reviewed and not a single person has recommended buying a 5G model even there although they are well ahead than Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

5G still in its infancy and right now has no real benefit to me. I upgrade my phone yearly.

Went for 5g thinking ahead for when u do go to upgrade.. 5g phones will hold their value better than 4g in a year or two. I tend to keep my phones for 2yrs

unklerosco wrote: »
    Went for 5g thinking ahead for when u do go to upgrade.. 5g phones will hold their value better than 4g in a year or two. I tend to keep my phones for 2yrs

A 5G may be worth more because it cost more to get originally. A 4G Note 10+ will still hold a decent value. I just think about when 4G was released and don't have high hopes for it being ready at all for next year enough to worry about it. Buying 5G phone now is basically being a beta tester, which is fine for some.

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Any thoughts on it while I await the amazon dispatch message??

Coming from a Note 9.
    Screen is excellent fingerprint on the screen is taking a bit of getting use to, speaker sound is good. LED cover is better on the 9 as it would flash icons for missed calls or message.

Only starting to use it now, was transferring everything over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Picked up my Note 10+ from Three earlier. Haven't opened it yet as I'm backing up and preparing my Note 9 before I copy over my apps/data. Cant wait! :D

Picked up my Note 10+ from Three earlier. Haven't opened it yet as I'm backing up and preparing my Note 9 before I copy over my apps/data. Cant wait! :D

Was going to wait till I am in Dubai next month and get one there as they are alot cheaper but couldnt wait so went into store and asked them if I could have a look at box of one.

They are all dual sim unlocked (10+) so just bought it.

Smart switch with the usb c lead was simples

Smart switch with the usb c lead was simples
    I just use the cloud and a 400GB microsd card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

dan786 wrote: »
    Was going to wait till I am in Dubai next month and get one there as they are alot cheaper but couldnt wait so went into store and asked them if I could have a look at box of one.

They are all dual sim unlocked (10+) so just bought it.

Can confirm I got the Dual Sim model.

We have dispatch with delivery expected Wednesday :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Still no movement on my one :(

Clareman wrote: »
    Still no movement on my one :(
    Hang in there. Click into the order details and click the order summary which will open a pdf. This updated to "preparing for dispatch" before the main tracking details changed.

Amazon ballsed up my delivery, was due tomorrow but now Tuesday via royal mail to parcel motel...

This phone starts up super fast.

Stalking UPS has brought dividends:

In Transit

Scheduled Delivery: Monday 08/26/2019

This is not healthy, I may need a therapist.

This phone starts up super fast.

I remember when this used to be important, and some manufacturers had a quick boot mode. Then it went back to nobody caring.

Im confused my phone says it can have two sims but the tray only had one slot for a sim?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Has anyone a link to a good screen protector that works? I got ones for the note 9 before and they either fell off after a bit or didn't work right with the curved screen. Then it fell out of my hand when i was carrying stuff and cracked the edge :(

Didn't have much luck with ones for the missus so either.

Advertisement