Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Note 10/Note 10+

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I still haven't gotten mine yet and Amazon are still to dispatch it even though it's due to be delivered tomorrow, I've a feeling I won't be getting it tomorrow..........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Clareman wrote: »
    I still haven't gotten mine yet and Amazon are still to dispatch it even though it's due to be delivered tomorrow, I've a feeling I won't be getting it tomorrow..........

I feel for you but it's worth the wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Same.. ordered the 5G when it came back into stock and they are delaying on dispatch for whatever reason.. I'm a Prime customer and is not making any difference.

There are 4 x cases coming thru Parcel Motel for me at moment.. they will be here tomorrow. Yes, 4.. I like some choice. Just all basic slim fit from Ringke and Spigen; same as one's I have used over years and sticking with same. Only a few £ each but for whatever reason both Ringke and Spigen will not deliver to Ireland.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I ordered mine on the 13th of August so hopefully I'll be at the front of the queue, I've gone for the 512 version and there seems to be a shortage of it, oh well

I ordered mine on the 13th of August so hopefully I'll be at the front of the queue, I've gone for the 512 version and there seems to be a shortage of it, oh well

I was gonna pull trigger on the 512 too but was gone out of stock by the time I got myself to order. It said 1-4 weeks but at this stage I may have got it quicker.. that said, I don't need 512GB.. I have a Note 8 with 64GB and a 128GB card in it, and still loads of space left.

Still no ParcelMotel texts for my cases.. they have them all now in Dublin but nothing out to locker yet. Eagerly waiting on the shipping of the phone from Amazon.. so long as its before 31st Oct then I am OK.. :D

• Advertisement

There was only £100 of the difference between the 512 and the 256 5G version so I went for the 512 version. I've a Spigen case here waiting for the phone for a week, they aren't cheap cases but I like them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Just got the September security patch 156MB on the unlocked Note 10+.
    Also says sound quality improved for wired headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Did anyone claim the trade in offer? Deadline is midnight, nearly forgot about it myself.

https://www.samsungtradeinoffer.co.uk/promo/amz4uptrn

I'm kind of annoyed that if you get a watch for ~€300 you get a free wireless charging pad but you get a phone for ~€1,300 you don't get anything.

unklerosco wrote: »
    Did anyone claim the trade in offer? Deadline is midnight, nearly forgot about it myself.

https://www.samsungtradeinoffer.co.uk/promo/amz4uptrn

Would do if Amazon shipped the feckin thing as promised! I chatted to them this morning and they've admitted they were showing Note 10's in stock that needed to come in from another Amazon facility.. and that it is taking longer than expected.

• Advertisement

The deals the US and other markets get are crazy. We're really treated like cr*p by the phone manufacturers. A sale is still a sale.

We're a small market though so you can't blame them too much I guess, we still can't get a 5G version here yet.

Would do if Amazon shipped the feckin thing as promised! I chatted to them this morning and they've admitted they were showing Note 10's in stock that needed to come in from another Amazon facility.. and that it is taking longer than expected.

They ballsed up my pre-order too, luckily it arrived in time to take advantage of the rebate.

I didn't think you had to take receipt of the device, just have proof of the pre-order

I didn't think you had to take receipt of the device, just have proof of the pre-order

U need the IMEI number

unklerosco wrote: »
    U need the IMEI number

Ah b**licks I never thought of that, prehaps someone here who has 1 maybe kind enough to share theirs with you if you are entitled to the rebate, mine won't be here until October so I can't, sorry.

It's a bit scary that an update is available so soon after launch as well. But non-network phones are great at getting updates, I'd say my old S6 Edge I got from Tesco mobile is still waiting for a lot of updates from 2017

It's a bit scary that an update is available so soon after launch as well. But non-network phones are great at getting updates, I'd say my old S6 Edge I got from Tesco mobile is still waiting for a lot of updates from 2017

That's my third update. Out of the box I had to download August update, then an update for the usb-c headphones and now the September update.

That's a lot so soon after launch, I guess they couldn't get everything perfect for launch.

• Advertisement

That's a lot so soon after launch, I guess they couldn't get everything perfect for launch.

It's completely normal.

Unless Samsung invent a time machine, they won't be able to install security updates that come from Google after the phone has been boxed and shipped.

Basil3 wrote: »
    It's completely normal.

Unless Samsung invent a time machine, they won't be able to install security updates that come from Google after the phone has been boxed and shipped.

Very good point actually, I never thought of that, I was just thinking of their own patches rather than the monthly stuff

Very good point actually, I never thought of that, I was just thinking of their own patches rather than the monthly stuff

I'd view it as a good thing that they're actively working to update the devices. I used to get every HTC flagship on release every year, and they would always make significant improvements with patches in the first few months, particularly with the camera.

The only annoying thing with the Note as far as software goes is that it always comes out just as the new Android version is released, and Samsung update the S phones to the new Android before the Note, so it's always a long wait for that.

Just got an email from Samsung. Get up to €500(!!!!) off of trading in for the Note 10+ 5G.

Tempting, if my pristine Note 9 is worth full trade in.

Ah, Note 9 only worth €300. Could easily sell for more than that. S10 and S10+ worth €500.

Far better off selling on adverts rather than trading in, well in my opinion anyway. I'll be putting my Note 9 up when I get my new phone, I'd be expecting to get €500 for it at least.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

I seem to be looking in the wrong places for the 45W charger.

Can someone relieve me of my ignorance?

Please/Thank you/Etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

ChopShop wrote: »
    I seem to be looking in the wrong places for the 45W charger.

Can someone relieve me of my ignorance?

Please/Thank you/Etc.

One option (black) & White.

UK part numbers - available in EU models also but different part numbers.
    Black - EP-TA845XBEGGB
    White - EP-TA845XWEGGB

53.99 for a charger that'll only work with 1 device, they are pulling the piss surely??Would have been a decentish freebie for pre-orders but I don't think even I could justify spending that on a charger.

Also, I've just gotten a decent amount of USBC cables at last, I'm not impressed with the USBC to USBC cable

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The EU model can be gotten cheaper alright, but you will always pay top dollar for official chargers. Sure Apple charge €25 for their 5w charger.

It will be awhile before 45w becomes the norm and comes down in price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Returned my Note 10+ from Three due to lose sim tray - 1049 prepay. Ordered a Snapdragon one for 815 Euros from Eglobal. 200+ saving and a better chip.

Advertisement