Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

duploelabs wrote: »
    ASAIK (I can try and find the reference to this) the whistleblower complaint comes from multiple incidences, not just one call

Yes. Covered two pages back.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111304375&postcount=4451

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭noel1980

marno21 wrote: »
    Biden’s issues are extremely mild compared to the wild incoherent ramblings from the current President, which seem to be getting worse as time passes by.

Are you joking? Biden is frikkin' SENILE. Id be surprised if he LIVES long enough to see the election.

Take care

• Registered Users Posts: 11,144 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

noel1980 wrote: »
    Are you joking? Biden is frikkin' SENILE. Id be surprised if he LIVES long enough to see the election.

Take care

Covfefe

Covfefe

I can never understand people who say Trump rambles and talks incoherent nonsense when most of the time he communicates clearly and effectively apart from the odd typo here and there on a tweet. He's 73. Give him a break!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

I can never understand people who say Trump rambles and talks incoherent nonsense when most of the time he communicates clearly and effectively apart from the odd typo here and there on a tweet. He's 73. Give him a break!

If you think he is coherent and communicates clearly, you need to get yourself checked out. Have you ever actually watched a press conference he has given? The full thing,not the edited version to cut out all the crap he says.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Covfefe

So give Trump a break because he is old but Biden is senile!

If you think Trump is coherent I suggest you watch a full press conference. Take the latest one where he visited the latest repairs on the border fence.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,075 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The only time I have heard him speak coherently is when he is reading a speech written for him by someone else. Even then you can tell when he goes off script - he starts to talk rubbish.

And he does not need to be given a break for being 73, quite of lot of us on here are around that age. If he is in fact senile or heading that way, again, he does not need to be given a break, he needs to be retired.

Sure.
    Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart—you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you're a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Take care

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2019/jul/05/trump-claims-1775-revolutionary-army-took-over-airports-video
    Donald Trump made an embarrassing error when addressing crowds during his Independence Day speech, saying the army 'took over the airports' from the British during the revolutionary war in the late 1700s, despite air travel not occurring in the US until the early 1900s.

Nuff said ;)

Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart—you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you're a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.

Well.. sometimes his brain goes much faster than his lips can handle, but this is how he handles his ****.

• Advertisement

I won't read anything from the Guardian. I'm out of here. Looks like this thread is another trump-hating circle jerk. Can't win against an army of keyboard warriors with a curated list of guardian links.

I won't read anything from the Guardian. I'm out of here. Looks like this thread is another trump-hating circle jerk. Can't win against an army of keyboard warriors with a curated list of guardian links.

So you refuse to acknowledge he said that the they took over airports in the 1700's? I can post many other links and indeed video of him saying it if you don't like my original link.

Or is the "I'm outta here" and "circle jerk" lines m being used as an excuse to run away as so many have done before you?

Edi: New user, low post count....i should really check this before engaging :rolleyes:

So you refuse to acknowledge he said that the they took over airports in the 1700's? I can post many other links and indeed video of him saying it if you don't like my original link.

Or is the "I'm outta here" and "circle jerk" lines m being used as an excuse to run away as so many have done before you?

Edi: New user, low post count....i should really check this before engaging :rolleyes:

I'm sure he said. I'm not disputing that. Polititians get things wrong all the time, they're people too.

What I hate is papers like the Guardian making it into an article, like it's a big deal. It's not. He made a mistake.

BTW If you want to see an awesome example of Trump's oration skills, I suggest you watch (if you haven't already), his roasting of Hitlery Clinton (not a typo) on the eve of the presidential election, 2016. Clinton truly believed she was gonna win, which makes it even more hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmvxx_YbDsM

This is why he won the election and why he probably will win in 2020. He's a master orator and very sharp.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Reading out jokes isnt oration

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

I'm sorry, what? Are you having a laugh?
    Trump wrote:
    I have broken more Elton John records, he seems to have a lot of records. And I, by the way, I don’t have a musical instrument. I don’t have a guitar or an organ. No organ. Elton has an organ. And lots of other people helping. No we’ve broken a lot of records. We’ve broken virtually every record. Because you know, look I only need this space. They need much more room. For basketball, for hockey and all of the sports, they need a lot of room. We don’t need it. We have people in that space. So we break all of these records. Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.

Pedro K wrote: »
    I'm sorry, what? Are you having a laugh?
    Trump wrote:
    I have broken more Elton John records, he seems to have a lot of records. And I, by the way, I don’t have a musical instrument. I don’t have a guitar or an organ. No organ. Elton has an organ. And lots of other people helping. No we’ve broken a lot of records. We’ve broken virtually every record. Because you know, look I only need this space. They need much more room. For basketball, for hockey and all of the sports, they need a lot of room. We don’t need it. We have people in that space. So we break all of these records. Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.

Nope. Not having a laugh. I don't know when he said this or under what circumstances... it was probably very noisy and was probably transcribed by some soyboy Guardian reporter though.

Is there a website where you get these? Where are you getting them ?

Nope. Not having a laugh. I don't know when he said this or under what circumstances... it was probably very noisy and was probably transcribed by some soyboy Guardian reporter though.

Oh they are all over the place, there's literally hundreds of them.

What's your opinion on Trumps 10,000 plus blatant lies?

Such as?

Well.. sometimes his brain goes much faster than his lips can handle, but this is how he handles his ****.

Noel... Fair play.. Its Saturday night and there's a bit of craic to be had by winding lads up! Hope you have a great night, and in fairness, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Caegan

That would be the adderall.

Nice try, the POTUS at this moment in time is a walking, talking embarrassment and traitor.

If not now, time will show him for what he is.

• Advertisement

You're Googling for an example aren't you? I bet you are.

You're Googling for an example aren't you? I bet you are.

Nah kiddo i have other things going on so just dipping in and out

Here ya go though

Stupid shìt he has said

https://www.tatler.com/article/donald-trump-worst-quotes

Lies he has told

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/

Here ya go though

Stupid shìt he has said

Lies he has told

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/

Kiddo? WTF? I'll pretend I didn't hear that.

I was hoping you'd give me one specific example which we could use as a talking point, 1 out of 10000, is that hard?, but you chose the lazy choice of throwing out a few links. Shame.

Well, I did google "10000 lies by trump" and it seems you got this from a Washington Post article from about April. Funny thing is, I can't find the actual list anywhere.

Let's just say I'm skeptical. They claim he's lied over 10,000 times yet can't furnish me with the list, like is it top secret or something? I really want to see this list.

IDK. I think I made the wrong choice of posting here. Obviously everybody here is much smarter than me. I won't be posting any more.

Here ya go though

Stupid shìt he has said

Lies he has told

By the weay What kind of a man reads Tatler anyway?

It's kind of a rhetorical question... I'll leave you to ponder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Your rage quit lasted all of 13 minutes.

Well done you, man of principle and Trump supporter!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,285 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

IDK. I think I made the wrong choice of posting here. Obviously everybody here is much smarter than me. I won't be posting any more.

Indeed

Your rage quit lasted all of 13 minutes.

Well done you, man of principle and Trump supporter!

I'm bored, but honestly it's no fun being in a minority so I'll be leaving soon. I just want to hear from the Tatler guy. But apparently he's "dipping in and out" tonight, so I may not wait up

I'm bored, but honestly it's no fun being in a minority so I'll be leaving soon.... I may not wait up

Ah,no.... Do Wait Up! :cool::cool:

Boards.IE needs every possible monetised response to your intelligent and intelligence-based commentary, which has invigorated our Board's discussion for the past few hours.... We often receive the most historically pertinent commentary in the smallest hours, closer to 04:53 hrs...

Sometimes, the day shift who come on stream after 05:22 hrs, focus on earlier commentary and that can keep many,many folks energised and excited for, basically, all day and beyond!!

So Keep the faith! As I recently explained to the PostMaster General of a very small province of the DPRK:

"In time....

Someone will arrange for...

Your survival, and that of your family...

As soon as circumstances allow,,,,"

Now, in fairness, how much more effort, action AND TREASURE are we expected to expend, given the IRON-CLAD commitments we have given as described in the preceding paragraph???

• Registered Users Posts: 81,218 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Donald T running this country would be fun. The sit on your hole waster types would be cleared out.

Career wasters would be on vouchers and not 3 bed houses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

There are literally videos of him going on these nonsensical ramblings. You can say it's some Guardian reporter, or say you don't like the source all you want. It's there in video. Not noisy. Not transcribed incorrectly. Just his usual nonsensical rambling.

That you call him a great orator despite all of this suggests that you're either wilfully ignorant, not arguing in good faith, or just plain dim.

Edit:

Here's another Trump quote just for luck.
    Trump wrote:
    You know what uranium is, right? This thing called nuclear weapons like lots of things are done with uranium including some bad things.

Yes, a great orator indeed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement