Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Day 2019 (15th & 16th)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Had the same problem.

Was ordering a remote control car for the kid, and shipping wasn't an issue.
    But I couldn't add spare batteries to the order as they wouldn't ship!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭turbbo

I guess I just don't want new old stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

turbbo wrote: »
    this amazon prime day is muck

It's been awful for years. The only decent discounts are on Amazon devices, if you're looking for one anyway.

Every time it's just junk, USB cables and earphones. They always build it up so much too as if they're going to have good offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Can anyone point me in the direction of a reliable, relatively cheap, internal SSD of a minimum 1TB capacity?

• Advertisement

Soarer wrote: »
    Can anyone point me in the direction of a reliable, relatively cheap, internal SSD of a minimum 1TB capacity?

decent one that's in between those 2 at £78 for 1TB

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07JPFGT78/ref=twister_B078MGV62V?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

(have had this brand for a year now and no issues)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

glasso wrote: »

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07JPFGT78/ref=twister_B078MGV62V?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Nice find. I was searching withing the prime sales section and missed that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

glasso wrote: »

I'd rather go with Sandisk https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-SDSSDA-1T00-G26-Internal-Speed-Write/dp/B07D998212

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

grogi wrote: »
    one for 78 looks like samsung knock off :cool: sandisk, or check samsung evo older model 100+ but worth it really- was on deal yesterday but still on same price today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Junior wants a Nintendo Switch for his birthday next week. Are the prices I am seeing today on amazon.co.uk eg. £280, good prices?

Anybody know which bundle is best value?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 elcosmito

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ADJ-1237000157-Focus-Spot-One/dp/B01L77PJ6E/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=adj+spot&qid=1563207213&s=musical-instruments&sr=1-1
    MoodeRator wrote: »
    I am seeing this at 139.64!!!
    Soarer wrote: »
    Yup, me too.

One left in stock.
    FYI, that is now down to just under £140

all gone now :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Junior wants a Nintendo Switch for his birthday next week. Are the prices I am seeing today on amazon.co.uk eg. £280, good prices?

Best bundles with Mario Kart / Zelda etc were up yesterday and gone now.

£289 with Mario Rabids / Just Dance & £30 credit is the best left now

Gamestop have a similar bundle offer going for Console /1 Game /€35 credit for €330 - but the games offered are all pretty crap tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Anything good for a desktop 3.5" Hard Disk Drives? need to replace some which are failing... Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Leslie91 wrote: »

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nintendo-switch-console-neon-32gb-at-22719-hitechelectronics-on-ebay-3265072

Edit: £227 using the code for the Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

For whatever use it might be heres a list of PC gaming items that are on offer today

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/07/16/amazon-prime-day-2019-best-pc-gaming-deals/

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Instant Pot deal at £69.99 is brilliant.

I bought it a couple of years ago at £99 and it's used here almost every day for something. Best gadget I ever bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭space2ground1

I'm on the search for a good power bank for an iPhone 7 plus. Something easy to carry that'll keep me charged for a few days of video work. If anyone's seen anything, let me know. I'd appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

For those wanting Ring Doorbells

Ring 2 £119.00

Ring Pro £149.00
    Do I need one of these? How useful do others find it? Easy set up? - do you have to install a camera above door or is it built into the buzzer?

Have a front door and a side door, people come to both. So would have to decide which door to place it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

leck wrote: »
    Do I need one of these? How useful do others find it? Easy set up? - do you have to install a camera above door or is it built into the buzzer?

Have a front door and a side door, people come to both. So would have to decide which door to place it on.

It's pretty easy installed and setup. You install it at about chest height to get a full view upwards of the face of the caller. The Ring 1 is battery powered so has no need of power, you bring it in and charge it every few months

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭leitrim4life

leck wrote: »

Mixed review esp on lag between ringing and viewing, not a patch on nest doorbell but they cost a lot more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Anything good for a desktop 3.5" Hard Disk Drives? need to replace some which are failing... Thanks

Few great deals on WD storage, not sure if that helps. 20TB at £333 consisting of 2 x 10TB Red drives. Retail on those drives alone is around 300£ each.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,349 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Instant Pot deal at £69.99 is brilliant.

I bought it a couple of years ago at £99 and it's used here almost every day for something. Best gadget I ever bought.

That looks the business alright, couldn’t resist at that price. Never owned a pressure cooker before so I guess there’ll be a bit of a learning curve to get the most out of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Lads another £5 promo on watching prime video for 5 mins...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=16392634031

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

martyos121 wrote: »
    That looks the business alright, couldn’t resist at that price. Never owned a pressure cooker before so I guess there’ll be a bit of a learning curve to get the most out of it?

There's a bit of a learning curve alright, but there's a HUGE amount of recipes and info online - a Facebook group too with lots of help. I know there are gadgets people buy that get relegated to cupboards and never see the light of day, but this is not one of them.

I couldn't resist either and bought a second one there now :eek: I make yogurt in it regularly, which ties it up for about 8 hours - that's my excuse to the OH. Risotto is absolutely fabulous out of it and you can even cook a whole chicken from frozen. I could go on ... but you'd think I had shares in it if I did (wish I had!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭SteM

Mixed review esp on lag between ringing and viewing, not a patch on nest doorbell but they cost a lot more

Agreed. The lag made it pointless for me and the battery would only last a short time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I let something play on mute for 5 minutes, easy £5 if it comes through

Better than spinning a wheel daily 😉😉😉

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Ben Done

OmegaGene wrote: »
    My son loves doing that

I'm sure he does, but I'm not sure it's a great idea...
    Video games that offer random rewards to children linked with problem gambling, study finds
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/12/07/video-games-offer-random-rewards-children-linked-problem-gambling/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,349 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

RoYoBo wrote: »
    There's a bit of a learning curve alright, but there's a HUGE amount of recipes and info online - a Facebook group too with lots of help. I know there are gadgets people buy that get relegated to cupboards and never see the light of day, but this is not one of them.

I couldn't resist either and bought a second one there now :eek: I make yogurt in it regularly, which ties it up for about 8 hours - that's my excuse to the OH. Risotto is absolutely fabulous out of it and you can even cook a whole chicken from frozen. I could go on ... but you'd think I had shares in it if I did (wish I had!)

Great advertisement for the product, it must be said. :D

Looking forward to this delivery, I’d make pots of chili and ale stews all year round no matter the weather, so I reckon I’ll get great use out of this and it won’t heat the place up as much. Probably wouldn’t have even seen this deal if you hadn’t posted it, so cheers for that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Got paid today and now in catch up mode.

Can someone please collate the ways to get free credit? Re the £8 free for £80 top up, if I top up by 240 in one go, do I get 24 or do I have to go 3 separate deposits?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Jaklmex

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Got paid today and now in catch up mode.

Can someone please collate the ways to get free credit? Re the £8 free for £80 top up, if I top up by 240 in one go, do I get 24 or do I have to go 3 separate deposits?
    You won't.get 24

Don't.know if.it will even work on 1 account

Advertisement