Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Day 2019 (15th & 16th)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Ordered a few small bits totalling maybe €150 and 2 new monitors for nearly €500.
    Everything but the monitors arriving by Friday but those are slated for "20th - 31st July"

Currently on chat asking if they could reduce their margin of error to less than 11 days and the agent having none of it. This maybe about to be the first time in a decade that I will come off an Amazon chat unhappy (in and of itself an achievement, their care is top notch).

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭teachinggal123

sdanseo wrote: »
    Ordered a few small bits totalling maybe €150 and 2 new monitors for nearly €500.
    Everything but the monitors arriving by Friday but those are slated for "20th - 31st July"

Currently on chat asking if they could reduce their margin of error to less than 11 days and the agent having none of it. This maybe about to be the first time in a decade that I will come off an Amazon chat unhappy (in and of itself an achievement, their care is top notch).

Any monitor recommendations?

Preferably something 4K and 28” -32”.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

6TB seagate external 3.5" drive, 79£ = 88euro
    It's 125£ non-prime

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07C7V494X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Picked up a like new UE wonderbeam for about £33 on the warehouse. Reviews seems very good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Starts the day in a frugal mood.

Ends days spending 300 on fcuking light bulbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭RonTon

NETGEAR Orbi Ultimate Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi System (Router + 2 Satellite Extenders), Eliminate Deadzones with 6000 sq ft Coverage, Maximise Speeds, AC3000 (RBK53) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B072MY95N7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_aCTlDbF518A49

Got this for £283 just before midnight,not cheap even at the discounted price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

RonTon wrote: »
    NETGEAR Orbi Ultimate Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi System (Router + 2 Satellite Extenders), Eliminate Deadzones with 6000 sq ft Coverage, Maximise Speeds, AC3000 (RBK53) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B072MY95N7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_aCTlDbF518A49

Got this for £283 just before midnight,not cheap even at the discounted price

Still, its a good discount as the Orbi has gotten fantastic reviews for Mesh Wi-Fi.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

TitianGerm wrote: »

Can't get any of the payment options to work.. even though I have a delivery address in Norn Iron... do they not like when shipping address is 'off the mainland'?

And now the voucher code cannot be applied, jeeeeeez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

What's the story with all the Prime Video "this title isn't available in your area" ****e? Nearly everything I clicked on is "not available" and I can't find a search function that only lists what IS available. Any ideas, thanks?

What's the story with all the Prime Video "this title isn't available in your area" ****e? Nearly everything I clicked on is "not available" and I can't find a search function that only lists what IS available. Any ideas, thanks?

It's the difference for Prime Video in UK vs Ireland. Get onto the Customer Service and I believe they can fix the geolocation settings to give you the correct access.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭astonvanilla

Well that Prime Day was a load of crap. Last year, we got started on Santy on Prime Day and got a few bits for Junior. Nothing but dross this year.
    Good discounts on their own brand stuff but don't need a second fire stick, fire tablet, echo or kindle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

This was my first day having Prime and i was happy, got some heavily discounted camping and photography gear I'd had my eye on and a replacement Kindle. I was never in the market for the crazy tech deals so I'm happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,249 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Only wanted ok set of earphones but never got a discount.

Gonna cancel prime now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Slightly off topic, but how shite is Amazon's search function? The first 5 or 6 results are often completely irrelevant items. Not to mention the annoying layout.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭iniall

Standman wrote: »
    Slightly off topic, but how shite is Amazon's search function? The first 5 or 6 results are often completely irrelevant items. Not to mention the annoying layout.

YES! It's been s***e for years but I think it's getting worse with more and more sponsored results that aren't related to the search at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Shame you cant organise by Best Selling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Jaklmex

Hogzy wrote: »
    Shame you cant organise by Best Selling!

Isn't there bestseller lists?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Ended up buying a truck load of baby wipes, my most refrained prime day yet.

Just on the search function is there any way to keep yourself in warehouse deals on the app, it lets you do an initial warehouse search but if you search a second time your back searching standard Amazon. I usually have to hit back a few times to go back to warehouse which is a pain.

Prices have gone up a lot things were way cheaper a few months ago on certain items.

• Advertisement

The search always shows amazon products first then some results similar to what you want.

Regarding to price changes, always check the likes of https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/ to see if you are genuinely getting a bargain. if the site shows the price is the lowest its ever been, then it's a good deal generally.

Overall, didn't buy a thing and the only thing that interested me was barely discounted.

Amazon is great but it takes s little work to get the best out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Would amazon always deliver by the promised date? Wanted something for holidays, it says it will deliver to Ireland by Monday, and I’m heading away Tuesday so not sure if it’s worth the chance!

sillysocks wrote: »
    Would amazon always deliver by the promised date? Wanted something for holidays, it says it will deliver to Ireland by Monday, and I’m heading away Tuesday so not sure if it’s worth the chance!

Wouldn't be the best week to take a chance

They're often a day late anyway

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

so far my prime day deliveries are one which was on time, one was one day early, so i wouldn't rule out monday you've a good chance i'd say,but not 100%, it's more down to an post(or whatever company is bringing it) than amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I almost got a new Kindle but the 4th gen one I got as a present 8 years ago still works perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Regarding to price changes, always check the likes of https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/ to see if you are genuinely getting a bargain. if the site shows the price is the lowest its ever been, then it's a good deal generally.

Keepa is better, the browser plugin adds the price graph to the product page

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭goose06

I'm the same was hovering over buying one and thought why bother my 2nd gen is still going strong

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

mossym wrote: »
    so far my prime day deliveries are one which was on time, one was one day early, so i wouldn't rule out monday you've a good chance i'd say,but not 100%, it's more down to an post(or whatever company is bringing it) than amazon.

Mine was shipped yesterday by Royal Mail apparently. No tracking so only time will tell if it actually turns up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I'm just about to print out the the return label for My Prime day Warehouse Deal :mad:

Item described as good condition but parts missing and then discovered it was badly damaged, a main screw was damaged beyond use and seized in place. Deep scratch marks all over the screw and other mounting parts so obvious someone previously had the same problem.

Its a real risk with Amazon Warehouse stuff. Easy enough to do a free return but obviously if you want the item the only way you can get a replacement is to buy one at full price.

Not the first time I've had stuff sent out from Amazon Warehouse that should never have been listed. My guess is that the staff don't have suitable training or enough time to do anything other than give the item a quick look at and then stick it back in the box if they even remove it from the box?

Advertisement