Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Day 2019 (15th & 16th)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emclau

paska wrote: »
    use parcel motel. Works in Ireland most of Boards has one:D

Do UK channels work in ROI? (I already have Prime UK enables) Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

Seen over in hotsdealsuk that plenty of people having an issue with the audible 30 day trial

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

martyos121 wrote: »
    Just a bit of a warning for anyone shopping the Prime Deals. I ordered a pair of runners last night advertised as a Prime Deal and only after checking this evening, I noticed I was charged the full price instead of the offer price, and now after contacting their CS, they’re not backing down and adjusting the payment like they normally would for a mistake on their end.

My order was already dispatched by the time I realised, but for everyone else, double and triple check that you paid the offer price before dispatch or you might end up paying a lot more than you should have.

I see I’m not the only one it’s happened to after a quick Twitter search, so be vigilant.

You should be able to return for a full refund, the two deals I purchased show the full price and a promotion applied covering whatever was off. Do you not see that too once you click into the order details?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

emclau wrote: »
    Do UK channels work in ROI? (I already have Prime UK enables) Thanks

No not without a vpn and that can be hit and miss

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

sugarman wrote: »
    Its partially expired now.

As per the other thread earlier in the week, there was a free £10 off a £25+ spend when you installed the Amazon Assistant Addon.

Then theres a free £5 off a £20+ spend when you download the mobile app and login for the first time. This is still valid as far as I know.

Then the free £10 Audible credit as mentioned over the last few pages. This is also still valid, until the 16th.

So you should still be able to get £15 off a £25+ spend.

can you stack them up for a single order ? get 20 off a 25 order ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭EntryDenied12

Would i be better off buying a new iphone 8/xr/xs on amazon uk or adverts with one of those reputable sellers ?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

How do you cancel the Audible trial?

Edit

Found where to cancel here
    https://www.audible.co.uk/account/

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Edit

https://www.audible.co.uk/account/

Can anyone point out to me if the credit available form the Audible Trial is virtual or actual cash the shows up somewhere in your amazon account please:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,342 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

tnegun wrote: »
    You should be able to return for a full refund, the two deals I purchased show the full price and a promotion applied covering whatever was off. Do you not see that too once you click into the order details?

It didn’t show up for that one for some reason, very strange as I copped the mistake on the headphones I ordered and made sure to get the offer price.

Now the item I want is out of stock with Amazon after them telling me to order it again and send the original item back. Their customer service is brilliant 80% of the time for me, but the other 20% is worse than anything I’ve experienced with any retailer. First of all telling me it was my mistake, then after I proved that it was their own fault, basically told me “tough luck”.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Also, be warned, that I ordered a phone and in a fairly ironic turn (it being prime day and me being a prime customer), it wont arrive until the middle of next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

honda boi wrote: »
    Seen over in hotsdealsuk that plenty of people having an issue with the audible 30 day trial

As in the tenner or the trial?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Can anyone advise me on this?

I’ve somehow been signed up to amazon prime for nearly two years, only spotted the other day in my bank statements. Some 9.99 charge and random 7.99 charges two and three times a month for two years. I’ve no idea whatsoever what they’re for. Happen to anyone? I’m sure I never signed up to this although I do have an amazon account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Jaklmex

Edit

I still can't find it

• Registered Users Posts: 31,853 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I’ve somehow been signed up to amazon prime for nearly two years, only spotted the other day in my bank statements. Some 9.99 charge and random 7.99 charges two and three times a month for two years. I’ve no idea whatsoever what they’re for. Happen to anyone? I’m sure I never signed up to this although I do have an amazon account.
    It auto renews...logon onto your Amazon and check.
    I had auto renew set for yearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Do you ever order anything off Amazon?

They have a thing when you're going through checkout whereby you get a free trial of Prime, along with free delivery of the item. When I have seen it, that option is large and obvious, and then they have a smaller button which you can click on to order as normal without taking the free trial. My guess would be perhaps you took the free trial and they began charging you, and without you cancelling it just continued in perpetuity.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Monokne wrote: »
    Do you ever order anything off Amazon?

They have a thing when you're going through checkout whereby you get a free trial of Prime, along with free delivery of the item. When I have seen it, that option is large and obvious, and then they have a smaller button which you can click on to order as normal without taking the free trial. My guess would be perhaps you took the free trial and they began charging you, and without you cancelling it just continued in perpetuity.

Crap. I never realized that. I must have ordered something and clicked a box or something so. Disaster. That’s a LOT of money on absolutely nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,853 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Crap. I never realized that. I must have ordered something and clicked a box or something so. Disaster. That’s a LOT of money on absolutely nothing.
    Get onto live chat ....they might give you some money back

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Trying to sign up to audible trial getting ‘there was an error try later’ (or similar) anyone encountering this?

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I can’t find the credit anywhere either

It shows up when you check out

Item will have to be sold and fulfilled

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I completed checkout for a fire stick and paid the full amount, strange one

Get a callback from them and they'll add it next time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Trying to sign up to audible trial getting ‘there was an error try later’ (or similar) anyone encountering this?

Same here. I've tried it a good few times but get same error

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭dougm1970

some of these cheap android boxes....that arent mi box / fire stick etc.....i know netflix will only be sd with them....but do they work as a chromecast receiver like a mi box / nvidia shield does ?

TheDriver wrote: »
    As in the tenner or the trial?

Seems to be both on hotsdealsuk.
    Im having an issue signing up for it.
    Keep getting an error message

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KD11

It dosnt seem to be applying the deal at checkout. Still coming up as full price. Any solution to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Also, be warned, that I ordered a phone and in a fairly ironic turn (it being prime day and me being a prime customer), it wont arrive until the middle of next week.

Got onto to them a while back when this happened and they gave me a free month. Not sure they still do that and have seen on the site that some delays can happen but no harm in hitting up support...

Seen now they've taken down the £10 credit with audible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

I'm seeing more and more products have a disclaimer underneath the price

Longer delivery than typical Prime items [Learn More]

...which covers them for late deliveries.

sugarman wrote: »
    Balls, still had 1 more account I was going to claim it on.

I hopped to my next account and seen it was gone

I just assumed they blocked it on secondary accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

dougm1970 wrote: »
    some of these cheap android boxes....that arent mi box / fire stick etc.....i know netflix will only be sd with them....but do they work as a chromecast receiver like a mi box / nvidia shield does ?

Unfortunately no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 GreatUncleBob

Yes you can. 100%.
    There are a load of apps and options.
    Too many to mention. Video players, media centers, Apps etc..
    Many come with the option installed.
    Look up bubbleupnp or vlc I can't think of them all now, few beers down me and music playing

Advertisement