Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sh!t that makes you feel old.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭mondeo

Knowing that fast n the furious came out in 2002'.... Has it really been 17 years ago that I sat in the cinema with a fine teenage girl watching that movie ? Ye I feel old.

Walking along the pavement beside a low wall, and not instinctively hopping on and walking atop it.

Having a sense of danger, also. It's very comfortable not having broken a bone in a long time, but it does remind me that I'm old now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Walking up tired.I went to bed at a decent hour.Didnt wake during the night.But still wake up knackered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

When some teenagers I know started talking about how they loved the music of Billy Idol. I thought to myself, there's hope for the world yet.... but then it turned out I had misheard, they were talking about Billie Eilish.

I had to google to find out who she was ....

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

mondeo wrote: »
    Knowing that fast n the furious came out in 2002'.... Has it really been 17 years ago that I sat in the cinema with a fine teenage girl watching that movie ? Ye I feel old.

Not to be pedantic, (and assuming it's the first Fast & Furious your talking about), but The Fast and the Furious came out in 2001....

Great Lemmy's ghost where have those 18 years gone :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

"Excuse Me Mister"

I'm 38

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

Ger Roe wrote: »
    When some teenagers I know started talking about how they loved the music of Billy Idol. I thought to myself, there's hope for the world yet.... but then it turned out I had misheard, they were talking about Billie Eilish.

I had to google to find out who she was ....

I had a listen to two of her tracks there out of curiosity, her music would put years on you, desperate stuff. When she is singing it sounds like the CD is skipping (we all remember that from the 90s). Give me Billy Idol anyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I had a listen to two of her tracks there out of curiosity, her music would put years on you, desperate stuff. When she is singing it sounds like the CD is skipping (we all remember that from the 90s). Give me Billy Idol anyday.

She reminds me of a really bad Goth band.Shes dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,327 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Gay Bryne's last Late Late show aired over 20 years ago.
    Pat Kenny's last one aired over 10 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The rash of senseless threads opening lately and how borderline vulgarity is what now passes for humour has me questioning the generation gap and thinking I may be past such things.

• Advertisement

My back,

Seriously I’m only 31 and I dread when I go to sneak my back hurts lol

• Registered Users Posts: 40,266 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

My back,

Seriously I’m only 31 and I dread when I go to sneak my back hurts lol

wait until you get to the stage where you sound like a transformer when you get up out of a chair.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Cleaned out my shed today to find an old passport of mine from 1993. I don't know that guy any more:-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

Cleaned out my shed today to find an old passport of mine from 1993. I don't know that guy any more:-(
    Heh I feel ya, every time I look in the mirror I think, "I'm in there somewhere". I'm not aging well at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

I was at a family thing a few months ago and was talking to my 21 year old cousin about going out in town and the nightlife, were she goes out etc, we got talking about a pub that I used to go to regularly, it was a pub that everyone drank in and I asked does she go there much, she told me she doesnt as its always full of old people, she then said it's more my age group that goes there .. im 30 ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

80's/90's music videos can actually kill you due to nostalgia overdose.

be careful with anything by A-ha, Petshop boys, eurythmics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

greencap wrote: »
    80's/90's music videos can actually kill you due to nostalgia overdose.

be careful with anything by A-ha, Petshop boys, eurythmics.

It's the older stuff ya have to watch out for, like Dr.Hook,Three Dog Night and Creedence that will get ya heh.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I'm the same age as Frasier was in Season 3. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Be right back

It's probably been mentioned but for me, it's working with people who weren't even born when I did my leaving cert!

“I like much older men like you”

Ah ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

My knees, usually.

Schwanz wrote: »

Ah ffs

lol I burst out laughing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

jcorr wrote:
    Not with my Dad. He's still doing it! And I'm 36!

My mum used to shout that for me. Now I shout it to my father.......he's old and getting deaf.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

-There will soon be 18 year old adults who weren't alive when 9/11 happened. It feels about 5 years ago to me.

-I work with people who never say 'pounds' when they mean euro, because they don't remember pounds. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Ah ffs

That's harsh!

Listening to Fever 105 on GTA Vice city.. released in 2002! I would've said 2008!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭budgie412

Ah ffs

Im 35, exactly how much older does she like em?

budgie412 wrote: »
    Im 35, exactly how much older does she like em?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Looking at old footage of Charles and Di's Wedding in 1981 and realising I'm now older than Diana's mother was on that day. I was eight years old at the time.

Realising that Rue McClanahan, the actress who played the youngest 'Golden Girl' in the 1980s series, was only four years older than I am now when it started to air back in 1985.

And as I mentioned in a previous incarnation of this thread, the fact that we now have posters who were not even born when I created my account in August 2002...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I am old enough to be alive before the Berlin wall fell in 1989, and later the dissolvement of the Soviet Union.
    No-one would have even considered communism to fall before that happened.
    But it happened!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

biko wrote: »
    I am old enough to be alive before the Berlin wall fell in 1989, and later the dissolvement of the Soviet Union.
    No-one would have even considered communism to fall before that happened.
    But it happened!

Old enough to be alive before the Berlin wall fell would make you 30, I hope that's not supposed to be impressively old.

Advertisement