Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sh!t that makes you feel old.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Feisar wrote: »
    Fifteen years ago i was twenty. Gone in the blink of an eye. Fifteen years time I'll be fifty. Don't know exactly why that has struck a chord with me but it has.

Odd that as 50 really hit me too... While 70 ended any idea that I might not be ...old. It has been easier since in so many ways... acceptance I think and rejoicing,

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Im 46 and its hitting me how quickly time really does go.

Do you know what i realised the other day.
    I have known my dp longer than i knew my mother.
    28 year relationship.My mother died when I WAS 27.And she is 20 years dead next year.

So in 10 years,i will be the same age as sh was ,when she died.

Gin please but feel old thinking of the days when they used to serve it in a straight glass with ice. None of those fishbowls with half a garden in them back in the day!!!

I must ask for that some night- G&T with 1/2 a garden please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

:D:D How about 57 years ago?
    One of my children did the LC 30 years ago.

Time flies.

40 years ago, mad isn't it. And what's worse I still can't forget the definition of DNA that I memorised for Biology. If I could I'd have room for at least 10 passwords.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Be right back

A girl working with me had never heard of OJ Simpson and his trial!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,592 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Elvis Presley died 42 years ago today.

We were on holidays in Wexford and my dad had brought his transistor radio with him and it was on the news.
    I'd never heard of him before then, (being a newborn baby and all :rolleyes:), and pronounced it-Evlis.

Jeez I feel old remembering now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,638 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

That “groan” I let out whenever I get up, and sometimes, when I sit down.

I don’t even know if there’s a reason for it or if it’s just expected of me.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 21,887 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

When others can audibly hear your knees creaking when you move ...

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    When others can audibly hear your knees creaking when you move ...

Oh that’s easily solved- just hang out with old people who’s hearing has deteriorated :P

There was a wedding in town today so I stopped for a nose and the groom/groomsmen did nothing for me but the father of the bride was hot af....and about my age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Oh that’s easily solved- just hang out with old people who’s hearing has deteriorated :P

That would be me.But im not that old[i hope]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Just ran into an old college classmate who was pregnant during our final exams, she had her daughter with her. I was a fair bit into the "Oh my gosh I can't believe how grown up you're getting, you're probably for secondary school soon are you? I can remember when your mother was expecting you! Did you know your mom and I were in college together?" spiel before I remembered all the childhood hours having the absolute piss bored out of me by friends of my parents droning on about the exact same sh1te that I could not have cared less about. Little did I know back then it was actually really interesting and important :D

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Experience_day

1990 was only 10 years ago
    1980 was 20 years ago
    1970 was 30 years ago...

wait........

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,427 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I saw an article online saying Brian Ormond is forty.(I know some will say who).
    It only seems like yesterday when he was in his early twenties trying out on all those reality shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

settling contentedly into my old age here...Lovely time of life... :) no need to go out into the wild weather....do as I like.. Great!

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Getting very fond of scones.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Neames wrote: »
    Getting very fond of scones.
    Oh you must try a rock bun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I've heard people call Nirvana 'classic rock'. I did a search for an example of this but I found something far worse. Slipknot are now 'classic rock'. Fucking Slipknot. The band that go around in gimp masks to shock people and talk about sniffing dead crows are classic rock.

https://www.amazon.com/Classic-Rock-Bands-Iron-Patches/dp/B078L1GY7M

• Registered Users Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

My most common social event is brunch.

I'm not even 30 yet!!

When one of the Rose's on the Rose of Tralee was born in the year 2000!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,782 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Feeling nervous carry 2 pints through a packed pub. Back in the day I’d have managed 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Feeling nervous carry 2 pints through a packed pub. Back in the day I’d have managed 4

Keep the wobble to a minimum, I've faith in ya, heh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

In my younger days I loved doing static line jumps from a C-130.Now I get "concerned "when climbing a telescopic ladder to clean the gutters, heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭ltd440

Watching reeling in the years a while ago and the late 90s in Ireland looks like the 1970s to me. The cars the fashion all seem like I couldn't have been in my twenties and having the time of my life

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Dtp1979 wrote: »

Had to carry 2pints 2 shorts there Friday night, slippery as fluck.
    When you meet a cousin at a family funeral and you've not met in 37 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Was at College orientation day today.
    Returning as a mature student, sitting in a hall waiting to be divvied into groups.

Sitting there in my quiksilver hoody, with BT headphones and a pair of V2 Yeezy 350s on my feet...
    Like the cool 39y.o I am ;)
    Feeling energised by the youth and enthusiasm in the room! :D

When I stood up and moved to let a girl pass to her seat...
    And she said...
    "Thank you....SIR"

My happy bubble burst instantly!
    I now understand what motivates school shooters tho 🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭its_steve116

I saw an article online saying Brian Ormond is forty.(I know some will say who).
    It only seems like yesterday when he was in his early twenties trying out on all those reality shows.

Are you sure his name isn't Brian O'Connor? :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,748 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

My dentist telling me my gums were receding, no big deal she that's where the saying " long in the tooth" comes from

During the Summer the name Maura was trending on Twitter. I was certain it was Maura Derrane and then I realised it was the one off Love Island!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,965 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

banie01 wrote: »
    V2 Yeezy 350s on my feet...

I'm the same age as you but just had to google them. Wtf?! You actually bought those?

Advertisement