Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CC1967

Stephen15 wrote: »
    If racist means loving your family and by extension to that your country and wanting to defend both as well the western way of life then I'm a racist and proud. In order to do that I believe your borders should be shut as the saying goes you don't lock your door because you hate the people outside you do because you love the people inside.

Same concept here close the borders to defend our country it's culture, heritage and values.

Do you believe Irish people should be allowed live and work in countries outside Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

They get the same health care as anyone else with their income level, right?

They don't get to skip any queue in any hospital, right?

Are you a parrot???

It's a well known fact go in and ask a hospital staff member but be prepared that they won't go on record....

Put it this way if I need medical care and it's terminal and I'm not getting anywhere it would be best for me to be incarcerated as I would receive the best of care...

dudara wrote: »
    How can I put this nicely? I’m not here to be your mother. Manage yourself and don’t engage here if it doesn’t suit you. If you want to close your account, you will find a link to do so in your User Control Panel.

dudara

Death by mod lol.

Then it's I was banned for expressing my opinion, all leftist liberals blah blah blah.

Then it's re-reg time for more of the same.

CC1967 wrote: »
    Do you believe Irish people should be allowed live and work in countries outside Ireland?

Of course they are working.....

I don't get this argument to be honest and if you go back 100 years or more people of course left for America etc as they sent to work and live where if they stayed here they would have had close to 0% chance of survival.....
    Different now where we have economic immigrants and those that fake their circumstances.....

I'm not heartless either and of course love the idea of helping those that need it but we are been taken for an absolute ride....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Death by mod lol.

Then it's I was banned for expressing my opinion, all leftist liberals blah blah blah.

Then it's re-reg time for more of the same.

Talk about picking up the wrong end of the stick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Vat. Yes you are correct. And some get the money to buy those cigarettes and pints for free from the government.

While others pay Vat with money they have earned by getting up and going to work. These people also provide the free money for the first group. They also pay for the healthcare, education, housing and practically everything else for the first group.

Doesn't seem very fair does it comrade

Isn't it funny though how many people forget about VAT and Excise duties when they want to play the 'squeezed middle' card. VAT is a big tax, and when combined with Excise duties, they come close enough to Income Tax in terms of total revenue, but I guess some people prefer to play this down.

I presume you've noticed that we're effectively at full employment - unemployment rates down to 4% odd, with very little scope for any significant improvement there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

You just said they are dole heads. And iv been ranting about dole heads.
    I also called her a nut job and stated that he lives in a shed in his mammies garden.
    I also said both were parasites if they are leeching from the state and not contributing.

What's your issue now?

My issue is you came in here thinking you had found friends in GOD and Rowan in that they blame immigrants for all the problems in this country only to find that they are part of the cause of the problem in this country in that they do fcuk all except sponge off the country all day.

Hilarious. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Isn't it funny though how many people forget about VAT and Excise duties when they want to play the 'squeezed middle' card. VAT is a big tax, and when combined with Excise duties, they come close enough to Income Tax in terms of total revenue, but I guess some people prefer to play this down.

I presume you've noticed that we're effectively at full employment - unemployment rates down to 4% odd, with very little scope for any significant improvement there.

So when the economy is going good and at near full employment there are no jobs
    When we are in recession there are no jobs.
    The 96% percent who are working just got lucky did they.
    Probably the worst argument Iv heard in a long time

A boot in the hole and a reduction in welfare for the long term unemployed is what's needed.

pinkyeye wrote: »
    My issue is you came in here thinking you had found friends in GOD and Rowan in that they blame immigrants for all the problems in this country only to find that they are part of the cause of the problem in this country in that they do fcuk all except sponge off the country all day.

Hilarious. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Your issue is far deeper in your psyche.

If you believe them figures then I do feel bad for how you are educated on the topic....

Government has been fudging these numbers quite well just like the Gardai with their breathalyser debacle.....

Job bridge, courses among courses among courses....

Some people are just going one to the other and then others that are as cute go onto disability...

And no of course I'm not stating all on disability are fake but there are plenty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

A boot in the hole and a reduction in welfare for the long term unemployed is what's needed.

Like Gemma and Rowan?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

Like Gemma and Rowan?

He told you already that they were parasites. Let it go.

Like Gemma and Rowan?

Yes a swift kick up the arse for croft. Gemma should go to a mental institution.

They are among a handful of left and right wing nutters who argue back and forth with each other all day. (Like me and you) There is also some red haired woman. I can't remember her name. But she is a bigger parasite than all of them combined.

Do you have work tomorrow?

Boxing.Fan wrote: »
    He told you already that they were parasites. Let it go.

He can't. It's all he has

Rowan??? Im not sure I must check that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

Rowan??? Im not sure I must check that out.

I highly doubt either of them are on any sort of benefits.

Talk about picking up the wrong end of the stick

You don't want to be a member anymore but won't close your account and won't stop posting.

If you seriously don't like it that much close off your account, or just stop posting, no one is holding a gun to your head.

Other than that don't know what to tell you.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    You don't want to be a member anymore but won't close your account and won't stop posting.

If you seriously don't like it that much close off your account, or just stop posting, no one is holding a gun to your head.

Other than that don't know what to tell you.

You don't have to share your thoughts with me. There is an easy option for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

If you believe them figures then I do feel bad for how you are educated on the topic....

Government has been fudging these numbers quite well just like the Gardai with their breathalyser debacle.....

Some people are just going one to the other and then others that are as cute go onto disability...

And no of course I'm not stating all on disability are fake but there are plenty.

Don't forget wage slavery. Many Irish people won't work because they feel they are better off on the dole than working a minimum wage job as they are earning more when you take expenses away like childcare, transport and rent away from what they are working as they are losing out on many benefits like a council house or rent allowance.

Irish people can't compete with immigrants who are willing to work far longer hours for less money. They're expenses are much less aswell as they share a house in order to send as much money home as possible. Irish people will work but will work if the conditions are good and the pay is enough to live a decent life on.

Yeah, quite a lot of that 96% did get lucky - they got parents who educated them, they got enough food, warmth and healthcare to keep them fairly healthy, they didn't find employers discriminating against them because of their address or their accent - lots of luck there, right?

And would the mandatory Intreo programmes equate to a 'boot in the hole' in your book?

Please do educate me on how the independent CSO are 'fudging the numbers quite well'. Jobbridge is closed for a few years now.

And where exactly are these plenty of people faking disability despite the extensive requirements for ongoing medical certification? Have you reported many of them?
    Don't forget wage slavery. Many Irish people won't work because they feel they are better off on the dole than working a minimum wage job as they are earning more when you take expenses away like childcare, transport and rent away from what they are working as they are losing out on many benefits like a council house or rent allowance.

Irish people can't compete with immigrants who are willing to work far longer hours for less money. They're expenses are much less aswell as they share a house in order to send as much money home as possible. Irish people will work but will work if the conditions are good and the pay is enough to live a decent life on.
    So when you say 'many Irish people', you mean 'less than 5% of the workforce', right? Working minimum wage will not lose out on social housing or HAP benefits.

• Advertisement

Yes this is something that those others don't want to admit to or believe is actually happening....

Oh all these Polish are great workers....eh when they are been watched eh yeah but as soon as boss is gone they don't do sh1te.... I seen with my own eyes working on sites....

So when you say 'many Irish people', you mean 'less than 5% of the workforce', right? Working minimum wage will not lose out on social housing or HAP benefits.

Not just minimum wage plenty on low wages that aren't enough to live off particularly with the high cost of living in Dublin

Yeah, quite a lot of that 96% did get lucky - they got parents who educated them, they got enough food, warmth and healthcare to keep them fairly healthy, they didn't find employers discriminating against them because of their address or their accent - lots of luck there, right?

And would the mandatory Intreo programmes equate to a 'boot in the hole' in your book?

Please do educate me on how the independent CSO are 'fudging the numbers quite well'. Jobbridge is closed for a few years now.

And where exactly are these plenty of people faking disability despite the extensive requirements for ongoing medical certification? Have you reported many of them?

Job bridge was a complete and utter scam for the most part... Yes it may be over but similar projects are in place and many are just bumped on to the next course.....

Of course they are working.....

I don't get this argument to be honest and if you go back 100 years or more people of course left for America etc as they sent to work and live where if they stayed here they would have had close to 0% chance of survival.....
    Different now where we have economic immigrants and those that fake their circumstances.....

I'm not heartless either and of course love the idea of helping those that need it but we are been taken for an absolute ride....

Ok so it's ok for Irish people to leave for America in famine times for work and survival.

But for example a Syrian family or a family from the Congo coming to escape war, religious persecuction etc is not ok?

How bad does a situation have to be for us to return the help extended to our ancestors?

Also many Irish in America made up the first organised crime gangs in the country and were part of massive criminal operations. Just so we are clear

Job bridge was a complete and utter scam for the most part... Yes it may be over but similar projects are in place and many are just bumped on to the next course.....
    I wouldn't disagree with you about Job Bridge. What similar current projects are you talking about?

So then we need these people to do these jobs?

Irish people travel all over the world and work and save their money to come home and buy a house.

Thousands of tradesmen did this in Australia when there was no work here ..

Your enemy isn't a polish man trying to provide for his family on crap wages.

It's the people who pay those **** wages and the system that allows it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Neither of these facts have anything to do with the squeezed middle, which clearly exists.

The middle income private sector workers are in fact squeezed, not least by the kind of taxes that feather your nest. They are also working class. The class commonly regarded in Ireland as working class is, in Marxist terms, lumpen proletarian.

Then a lot of supposed workers are bureaucrats.

It’s the middle income working classes who have most to lose from any recession, and most can barely build up a pension.

You don't have to share your thoughts with me. There is an easy option for you

Isn't that what we're here for?

Nice handy ignore function on the site if you don't want to engage with someone. Don't use it myself, but fire away, what ever you need to do for you.

CC1967 wrote: »
    So then we need these people to do these jobs?

If the wages and conditions were improved Irish people would gladly work these jobs but they're not. Mass immigration suits big employers but not hard pressed Irish workers and small businesses. That's why I believe that being anti immigration is actually quite a left wing viewpoint
    Irish people travel all over the world and work and save their money to come home and buy a house.

Thousands of tradesmen did this in Australia when there was no work here ..

This seems to be the catch all used anytime immigration is discussed in a non positive manner in this country "but the Irish emigrated all over the world". This is because in many cases due to the fact they had no other option due to our ruling government being inept.

Other countries can make their own rules immigration and Australia have much stricter criteria than our own which I would like to see similar here. I'm not against all immigration and would like to see a points system like in Australia where only those who have the skills/qualifications that are required in a particular area can come to lkve and work here.

I also have no problem if other countries want to deport Irish people back to here that are a burden on their society or have broken the law.
    Your enemy isn't a polish man trying to provide for his family on crap wages.

No it isn't. Poland is getting richer now and many Polsih are feeling less of a need to leave Poland and come to Western Europe.
    It's the people who pay those **** wages and the system that allows it

Yes they are the problem but if people are willing to put up with crap then of course people will exploit that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement