Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,183 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Deshawn wrote: »
    If someone is trying make a point what better way to back it up than with a photo. A photo that is in the press..

What kind of alternative to direct provision to you envisage.
    An honest answer would be nice

what was her point? that black people cant really be irish. that was her point. you don't seem to have a problem with that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

i dont care about hypotheticals. I prefer to confront what people are actually doing in the country I live in.
    Total cop out.

Total cop out.

not a cop out at all. you are just shouting "somebody else might be racist so that makes it ok for me to actually be racist". It doesn't.

Erm no. I asked you a question which you won't answer because it exposes the absurdity of your argument. In fact you don't have an argument now!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 192 ✭✭Deshawn

what was her point? that black people cant really be irish. that was her point. you don't seem to have a problem with that.

I would imagine her point was to show the changing demographics of the country.

• Advertisement

Erm no. I asked you a question which you won't answer because it exposes the absurdity of your argument. In fact you don't have an argument now!

racist is racist. it doesn't matter what the colour of your skin. at least own your racism. you've been upfront about it up to now why the sudden coyness?

you imagine wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

I had a scroll through your posts earlier, and while I couldn't find a Hitler endorsement, I wouldn't be surprised.

Oh no. Although I have endorsed Trump, for your lot that is sort of the same so.

There is no 'If' as you well know, though you seem determined to try to build some kind of strawman point out of a non-existent scenario. She never said it was their Xmas dinner.

It was implied.

Exactly what is wrong with a tomato and spread sandwich and soup for lunch? How big of a lunch do you require?
    The problem with it being a 'lunch option' is that it is not an 'option'. They don't get a menu with options. They get lunch, or in this case, they get some kind of bread with a slice of tomato on it.

You have proof for this I take it.

They certainly have basic options. Meat or no meat. Chicken or fish. Sounds a bit like hospital. Or a wedding.

I'm also going to hazard a guess all meat is halal by default. An option not to my knowledge taken care of in most canteens operated by the state.
    You were the one that claimed they were 'treated like royalty' there. Could you see that lunch being presented to any royalty?

I couldn't. I doubt the Queen would be mad into a 4 quid chicken fillet roll from Spar but half the country eats them during the week. I'm not exactly sure what your point here is. Asylum seekers deserve a better standard of lunch than the processed bread and meat most people eat five days a week at 1pm?
    The whole setup is wrong. Having adults sharing rooms with other adults not of their choosing is wrong.

Oh I agree. Let's outlaw backpacking around South America and interrailing around Europe while we're at it. I've shared dorms with all sorts down the years, the Thai government should have given me my own beachside chalet!

And don't start me on the culturally inappropriate food. You try getting a garlic cheese chips and quarter pounder in Sihanoukville at 3am, then come crying to me about Aramark.
    Being fed with the cheapest of low-budget canteen food, worse than you'd get in a prison is wrong,

Proof?
    when there is no option for families to cook their own food of their own choosing. Having kids living their whole lives in a hotel bedroom is wrong.

The vast majority of these people are economic migrants there of their own volition. "Whole lives" show me a child refugee who spent 17 years in a single room.

If I were an employer I'd have serious reservations with giving any responsibility to an adult with this level of naivety.

you imagine wrong.

Expand

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭dasdog

Intolerance is the word you are looking for

• Advertisement

Expand

nope. cant be bothered. if you cant see how a racist like gemma didnt intend what she said to be racist then there is no hope for you.

nope. cant be bothered. if you cant see how a racist like gemma didnt intend what she said to be racist then there is no hope for you.

Nope. Can't.

Fixed it for you. Wishy washy arguments for the sake of it.

You will eventually have to start explaining your points instead of just throwing out "racist" at everything you don't like.

Other chap has been giving out about direct provision for at least 3 days. I asked for his honest opinion on an alternative. Away he disappeared.

Disappointing

Nope. Can't.

Fixed it for you. Wishy washy arguments for the sake of it.

enjoy being racist. everybody needs a hobby I suppose.

enjoy being racist. everybody needs a hobby I suppose.

Lol.

Fight or flight.

Flight

Lol.

Fight or flight.

Flight

glad you found it funny. There is no point arguing with racists. you can't change the mind of somebody who doesn't have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,468 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

If she wanted to show changing demographics, she should have used demographic data.

She wanted to rile up her knuckle-dragging supporters with a picture of black children, taken off a school website.

And you're defending her.

glad you found it funny. There is no point arguing with racists. you can't change the mind of somebody who doesn't have one.

In the last 3 pages of posts you have used the words "racist" or "racism" 10 times. Sometimes twice in one sentence. When asked to expand you say "nope. Can't be bothered" and then run away.
    Expand the old vocabulary

In the last 3 pages of posts you have used the words "racist" or "racism" 10 times. Sometimes twice in one sentence. When asked to expand you say "nope. Can't be bothered" and then run away.
    Expand the old vocabulary

I said "nope" to explaining what gemma actually meant. Try to keep up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

Oh have you yeah? Such as?

How about the multiple terrorist attacks that have occurred over the last number of years?

Or the teacher murdered for showing cartoons depicting Mohammed?

Or the grooming gangs in Britain?

Or the views that (British) Muslims have towards gay people and women's rights? https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/11/british-muslims-strong-sense-of-belonging-poll-homosexuality-sharia-law
    28% agree while 47% disagree that it is acceptable for a
    homosexual person to be a teacher in a school,
    Approaching half (45%) of Muslim men and a third (33%) of Muslim women agree that “Wives should always obey their
    husbands”.

https://www.ipsos.com/sites/default/files/ct/publication/documents/2018-03/a-review-of-survey-research-on-muslims-in-great-britain-ipsos-mori_0.pdf (pg 59, 60).

We can also look to Chechnya and Turkey for the negative influence Islam has in these countries (or republic in Chechnya's case).

It's a precarious game as it's important to try and not talk about Muslim's as one big homogenous group, but the ideology itself has little positive influence on the countries upon which it exists in. And it's a bit ridiculous to be playing dumb as to the influence it's had in Europe over the last number of years in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,871 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Wasn't it a photo with the all Ireland winning Dublin team?

Hardly telescopic lenses in the bushes type stuff.

I originally thought the team had gone overseas working with goal. It was a bit of a shock tbh.

Jaysus. You were shocked at seeing black people.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Jaysus. You were shocked at seeing black people.

Yeah that was it. What else could it be sure. No flies on you and if there were they would be paying rent. Am I right? Wha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

This evening @ GPO Muslim Sisters of Eire, a fully reg.'d charity were on hand to hand out supplies, provisions to the needy (NB; they also did this on Christmas Day afternoon between 3 & 5:30pm O'Clock approx. and "sold out" such was the demand).

Meanwhile Dolores & friends did some sort of a Ballyer-Newry convoy to "Stick it to the Man" & ended up back at the GPO; totally impinging on the good work MSOE were doing there this evening.

They may not've know who MSOE are or what they do & it may've been pure chance; but under such circumstances couldn't they've taken their Hatred Campaign elsewhere, even just for today? Not like Custom House Quay for example was busy.

Now if I was MSOE (who comprise a number of nationalities incl.; shock horror Gemma fans, Irish people) I'd've been quite intimidated; I know MSOE've encountered much online racial & anti Islam abuse & it's from Dee & Gemmas mob a lot of it comes from; imagine being "inspired" by them like?

You should be inspired by MSOE instead; they're literally "Helping Our Own First".....

Oh no. Although I have endorsed Trump, for your lot that is sort of the same so.
    What exactly is 'my lot'?
    Is it only you that gets to make up stuff about supporting dictators?
    It was implied.
    I asked you before to be explicit about where she implied that this was their Xmas dinner. Given that she explicitly referred to lunch, you don't really have a leg to stand on here.
    Exactly what is wrong with a tomato and spread sandwich and soup for lunch? How big of a lunch do you require?

You have proof for this I take it.

They certainly have basic options. Meat or no meat. Chicken or fish. Sounds a bit like hospital. Or a wedding.

I'm also going to hazard a guess all meat is halal by default. An option not to my knowledge taken care of in most canteens operated by the state.

I couldn't. I doubt the Queen would be mad into a 4 quid chicken fillet roll from Spar but half the country eats them during the week. I'm not exactly sure what your point here is. Asylum seekers deserve a better standard of lunch than the processed bread and meat most people eat five days a week at 1pm?
    If you're getting sandwiches with a single slice of tomato as filling at your Spar or at a wedding, you really should have words with the manager.

You know well you wouldn't get this as a lunch anywhere in the country outside of DP.
    Oh I agree. Let's outlaw backpacking around South America and interrailing around Europe while we're at it. I've shared dorms with all sorts down the years, the Thai government should have given me my own beachside chalet!

And don't start me on the culturally inappropriate food. You try getting a garlic cheese chips and quarter pounder in Sihanoukville at 3am, then come crying to me about Aramark.

The vast majority of these people are economic migrants there of their own volition. "Whole lives" show me a child refugee who spent 17 years in a single room.
    Yes, you've chosen to share rooms with others, as have I. People in DP don't get to choose. Do you need someone to explain the difference between a holiday in Thailand and seeking asylum for you?

PS Not all children are 17.

How about the multiple terrorist attacks that have occurred over the last number of years?

Or the teacher murdered for showing cartoons depicting Mohammed?

Or the grooming gangs in Britain?

Or the views that (British) Muslims have towards gay people and women's rights? https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/11/british-muslims-strong-sense-of-belonging-poll-homosexuality-sharia-law

https://www.ipsos.com/sites/default/files/ct/publication/documents/2018-03/a-review-of-survey-research-on-muslims-in-great-britain-ipsos-mori_0.pdf (pg 59, 60).

We can also look to Chechnya and Turkey for the negative influence Islam has in these countries (or republic in Chechnya's case).

It's a precarious game as it's important to try and not talk about Muslim's as one big homogenous group, but the ideology itself has little positive influence on the countries upon which it exists in. And it's a bit ridiculous to be playing dumb as to the influence it's had in Europe over the last number of years in particular.

How about the multiple terrorist attacks carried out by Irish people in the name of Ireland over the years?

Or the teacher murdered in the UK by her white English pupil?

Or the majority of grooming gangs in the UK that are not Asian or Muslim?

Should we be banning Irish people and English people too?

Or is it just a certain skin colour that you're actually concerned about?

Well I've had correspondence with someone who says they work in that DP Center (they know the Chef personally and have provided a phone number) and not that anyone with half a brain cell needed it confirmed but that photo was bullshyte.

"That soup sandwich pic wasnt taken there at all. They take pics of the food every day for obvious reasons.

The food was top notch as always. Roast sirloin of beef or turkey and ham . Mash , roast, carrots , chips. Plus a vegan and vegetarian option (always). That pic on twitter is bogus. They don't have trays looking anything like that. And the rolls aren't theirs.

I'm no aramark fan , as they're not a great crowd to work for , but this really is bullcrap."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

How about the multiple terrorist attacks carried out by Irish people in the name of Ireland over the years?

Or the teacher murdered in the UK by her white English pupil?

Or the majority of grooming gangs in the UK that are not Asian or Muslim?

Should we be banning Irish people and English people too?

Or is it just a certain skin colour that you're actually concerned about?

Who said anything about banning anyone? Or anything about skin colour?

Of that's right, only you.

To suggest that Islam hasn't had an influence on Europe over the years, one must be simply burying their head in the sand.

racist is racist. it doesn't matter what the colour of your skin.

Is that an answer to my question at last? The Africans in my scenario would be racists?
    If I were an employer I'd have serious reservations with giving any responsibility to an adult with this level of naivety.

Its very surprising. Unless the poster is a young guy/girl with a good heart but is still rather innocent. In that case that's fair enough. I was the same myself once.
    If she wanted to show changing demographics, she should have used demographic data.

As said already, a picture can speak a thousand words.
    She wanted to rile up her knuckle-dragging supporters with a picture of black children, taken off a school website. And you're defending her.
    Again, she took it from a newspaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    This evening @ GPO Muslim Sisters of Eire, a fully reg.'d charity were on hand to hand out supplies, provisions to the needy (NB; they also did this on Christmas Day afternoon between 3 & 5:30pm O'Clock approx. and "sold out" such was the demand).

Meanwhile Dolores & friends did some sort of a Ballyer-Newry convoy to "Stick it to the Man" & ended up back at the GPO; totally impinging on the good work MSOE were doing there this evening.

They may not've know who MSOE are or what they do & it may've been pure chance; but under such circumstances couldn't they've taken their Hatred Campaign elsewhere, even just for today? Not like Custom House Quay for example was busy.

Now if I was MSOE (who comprise a number of nationalities incl.; shock horror Gemma fans, Irish people) I'd've been quite intimidated; I know MSOE've encountered much online racial & anti Islam abuse & it's from Dee & Gemmas mob a lot of it comes from; imagine being "inspired" by them like?

You should be inspired by MSOE instead; they're literally "Helping Our Own First".....

Ironically the MSOE are helping the homeless, the very people Off de Wall and her skank friends bleat on about. But instead of letting the volunteers get on with it they have to create a disruption.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

The main political parties run around'about the hinterlands thither and yon, for the votes of the very many poorer Irish there. But somehow they stay poor.

These big parties don't have any real regard for the [non-big-farmer] Irish and over time just want to replace them; with people with no histographic link to the areas, or comprehension of the mealy acre-rent origins of themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

The main political parties run around'about the hinterlands thither and yon, for the votes of the very many poorer Irish there. But somehow they stay poor.

These big parties don't have any real regard for the [non-big-farmer] Irish and over time just want to replace them; with people with no histographic link to the areas, or comprehension of the mealy acre-rent origins of themselves.

Wouldn't necessarily disagree with you but what's the relevance of your statement to Gemma?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement