Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,520 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

This whole thread just needs to be nuked....

The main takeaway is that some people are so afraid. Afraid of everything. Afraid of life, foreigners, the media (the evil MSM), politicians, medicine (but also disease), business, television and the the truly bizarre stuff which includes anything from lego to cycle lanes to Satan.

Its very sad that Ireland has a growing number of people like this. People becoming recluses and willingly losing friends and family because they're being easily manipulated online.

A lot of anger and fear which is what people like Gemma rely on for a living.

Don't forget to donate!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Seems like a few people here were on the tins last night

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

V8 Interceptor threadbanned when they come back from their forum holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,468 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

How can you tell demographics from looking at a photo?

Was Phil Lynott Irish enough for you? Or Paul McGrath?

Ya that's one I'm trying to work out too. You don't really get any info from a photo. Look at any photo of a school and for all you know, they're from every corner of the earth. Not that it really matters obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

You are absolutely desperate for a racism angle.

'Racists...racists everywhere'

Pretty telling that you omitted the rest of their post which made an entirely relevant point...

Pretty telling that you omitted the rest of their post which made an entirely relevant point...

I omitted it because they are clearly desperate to see racism everywhere, judging by reading bits and pieces of the thread and my own interaction with them. No you can't tell demographics of an area from a photo if it matters.

I truly find the boards obsession with GOD bizarre. A complete nobody who lives rent free in your heads.

They both had native irish mothers making them half irish. Phil lynott remarked on himself being irish-south american which is correct, mcgrath considers himself irish but put that down to his nigerian dad running off while he was still in the womb so having no experience of the culture.

Both atleast have one have of their parents as native irish. Its a terrible trope that keeps appearing when a certain side wants to keep calling people racists

They both had native irish mothers making them half irish. Phil lynott remarked on himself being irish-south american which is correct, mcgrath considers himself irish but put that down to his nigerian dad running off while he was still in the womb so having no experience of the culture.

Both atleast have one have of their parents as native irish. Its a terrible trope that keeps appearing when a certain side wants to keep calling people racists

And would you tell that from a photograph of their school class?

• Advertisement

I omitted it because they are clearly desperate to see racism everywhere, judging by reading bits and pieces of the thread and my own interaction with them. No you can't tell demographics of an area from a photo if it matters.

I truly find the boards obsession with GOD bizarre. A complete nobody who lives rent free in your heads.

GOD is one of the very very few examples of somebody actually expressing racist views in a referable manor in Ireland, her and her little group of friends make up 95% of basically all the racism in Ireland so users are obsessed with bringing her up endlessly to try and satisfy their self manifesting fears that Ireland has some sort of anti minority race problem, which of course most know is a complete fabrication

Gemma and friends being loud and posting a lot helps to perpetuate the myth that we have a problem with anti minority racism

And would you tell that from a photograph of their school class?

No I wouldnt, anyone who said they could would be posting in bad faith, however considering there are more non white children born to non irish couples here than inter racial couples , assuming automatically that the majority/ all of the non white children in a class photo were irish would also be posting in bad faith.

No I wouldnt, anyone who said they could would be posting in bad faith, however considering there are more non white children born to non irish couples here than inter racial couples , assuming automatically that the majority/ all of the non white children in a class photo were irish would also be posting in bad faith.

The only one who made such a claim about demographics was Gemma and her fans. Everyone else views it as entirely inappropriate and racist dogwhistles when she posted the photo. Particularly since it was shared globally by the likes of Richard Spencer and Laura Southern...

Assuming anything about demographics from a photo would be bad faith.

Using a school photo to stir up knuckle dragging racists would be extreme bad faith.

The only one who made such a claim about demographics was Gemma and her fans. Everyone else views it as entirely inappropriate and racist dogwhistles when she posted the photo. Particularly since it was shared globally by the likes of Richard Spencer and Laura Southern...

Even though she was, on balance most likely correct about the class being majority non irish, she was wrong to post the photo and did so for completely racist reasons which has been rightfully condemned.

OH no! Posted by a nobody and shared by two more nobody's. As I said, rent free.

As you said, everyone views it as inappropriate, so why have you got your knickers in a twist over it?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,871 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

To be fair. Highlighting black kids on school photos as shameful etc is racist.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I'm not gonna start quoting the usuals and their disingenuous cr@p but we can all see Gemma sharing a picture of a racially mixed classroom in Ireland is absolute Great Replacement dog whistling.

Which leads to the likes of this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christchurch_mosque_shootings#Manifesto

Birneybau wrote: »
    I'm not gonna start quoting the usuals and their disingenuous cr@p but we can all see Gemma sharing a picture of a racially mixed classroom in Ireland is absolute Great Replacement dog whistling.

Which leads to the likes of this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christchurch_mosque_shootings#Manifesto

well thats a fair bit of a leap there.... madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

well thats a fair bit of a leap there.... madness.

I'm loathe to reply but why don't you tell me what her picture represents?

Obviously NZ massacre is an outlier, burning DP centres, not so much.

• Advertisement

Birneybau wrote: »
    I'm loathe to reply but why don't you tell me what her picture represents?

Obviously NZ massacre is an outlier, burning DP centres, not so much.

Her picture was used for racist purposes, but suggesting GOD sharing a picture of majority black school kids will lead to a mosque shooting is a leap.

The burning of the DP centre was likely more to do with the council not listening to the legitimate concerns by the majority of the small town concerned, and not some nut job showing people pictures of children. I feel it also has to be pointed out that it was a 'future site' of a DP centre and nobody was in the building at the time, a fact many leave out to make it seem worse. I would expect a similar response if rural Ireland had a halfway house for sex offenders or a methadone clinic and junkie hostel foist upon it despite massive local objection.

and before anyone starts, expecting a result and condoning it are two different things. I do not condone the burning of buildings.

Jesus, imagine thinking a DP centre is comparable to a junkie hostel or sex offenders centre!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,871 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Her picture was used for racist purposes, but suggesting GOD sharing a picture of majority black school kids will lead to a mosque shooting is a leap.

The burning of the DP centre was likely more to do with the council not listening to the legitimate concerns by the majority of the small town concerned, and not some nut job showing people pictures of children. I feel it also has to be pointed out that it was a 'future site' of a DP centre and nobody was in the building at the time, a fact many leave out to make it seem worse. I would expect a similar response if rural Ireland had a halfway house for sex offenders or a methadone clinic and junkie hostel foist upon it despite massive local objection.

and before anyone starts, expecting a result and condoning it are two different things. I do not condone the burning of buildings.

"Expecting a result" - sounds like excusing it to me. Its amazing how everyone goes on about all these "massive local objections" - generally there isnt "massive local objections" - just a few racists wound up by outsiders swooping in.

Its hilarious too that some here claim there is no danger from far right racists then try to downplay burning proposed dp centres, burning tds cars, death threats against the Ryan family, regular online harassment of Aneta Safiak.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

bubblypop wrote: »
    Jesus, imagine thinking a DP centre is comparable to a junkie hostel or sex offenders centre!

He did outline his concerns about hate speech against the wealthy a few pages back. Apparently some unknown Connolly youth group is more concerning than Gemma's antics.

It's worth noting that Gemma and Co ranted more about great replacement conspiracies after Christchurch.

bubblypop wrote: »
    true, I suppose the junkies and sex offenders have a legal right to be in the country...
    "Expecting a result" - sounds like excusing it to me. Its amazing how everyone goes on about all these "massive local objections" - generally there isnt "massive local objections" - just a few racists wound up by outsiders swooping in.

Its hilarious too that some here claim there is no danger from far right racists then try to downplay burning proposed dp centres, burning tds cars, death threats against the Ryan family, regular online harassment of Aneta Safiak.
    wow , just throw everything and the kitchen sink at it. nobody discussed any of the rest of that.

as regards local opposition there were 140 people turned out in cahirsaveen to protest it :
    https://www.independent.ie/incoming/d9eb3/39236740.ece/AUTOCROP/w1000/ks%20Protest%20%207.jpg

are all those people 'just a few racists'

• Registered Users Posts: 40,180 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

true, I suppose the junkies and sex offenders have a legal right to be in the country...

so do asylum seekers until it is decided otherwise. what is your point?

so do asylum seekers until it is decided otherwise. what is your point?

it was a more a tongue in cheek response to that users Helen Lovejoy style post. All three of those things are equally undesirable for the same reason, crime. Everyone knows that, but sure as per usual somebody who will never be within a mile of a DP centre pretends like its a positive to the community.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,180 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

it was a more a tongue in cheek response to that users Helen Lovejoy style post. All three of those things are equally undesirable for the same reason, crime. Everyone knows that, but sure as per usual somebody who will never be within a mile of a DP centre pretends like its a positive to the community.

so asylum seekers are criminals? It has been fairly clear for a good while that you think it but nice to have it confirmed.

so asylum seekers are criminals? It has been fairly clear for a good while that you think it but nice to have it confirmed.

well 90% of them, yes. 'illegal immigrants'
    they didn't end up in DP by handing over a passport and overstaying a holiday visa.
    Illegally entering a country is a crime...

• Advertisement

They are not undesirable for the same reasons, particularly not crime!
    You're hilarious.
    DP centres do not cause crimes.
    not sure what crime you think any sex offenders centre bring? Do you think there are more sexual offences committed near it? There isnt.
    And who hasn't been within a mile of a DP centre?!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement