Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

GT89 wrote: »
    Does anyone else think that Gemma could be some sort of controlled opposition herself? She comes across as nuts and it could be a tactic to say that anyone with genuine concerns about things like mandatory vaccines and immigration is to be assoicated with her to make them look mental.

Most complaining about masks, restrictions etc certainly come across as mental or just c*nts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,771 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

And it has been said time and time again the a businesses right to refuse admission does not allow them to discriminate. There are religious and possibly disability related issues that would make a person not take a vaccine and religion and disability are both grounds for discrimination.

Whatever about pubs, if you are buying an airline ticket, then you will have already agreed to the terms and conditions, and those t's & c's can say pretty much whatever the airline wants. You buying your ticket and then saying that you have not followed them, that is NOT grounds for discrimination.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Sparko

She's now at the level of Village Idiot and descending rapidly

https://twitter.com/aciquestion/status/1336020671189626884

People just trying to get through their shift at work and this bullying idiot is in on one of her "patriotic" crusades. How she hasn't got a smack or worse at this stage is surprising.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

She's now at the level of Village Idiot and descending rapidly

https://twitter.com/aciquestion/status/1336020671189626884

"Are you happy for your children to see this filth in a shop window?" Lads, don't tell her about Ann Summers, she'll have an aneurism.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,353 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Sparko wrote: »
    People just trying to get through their shift at work and this bullying idiot is in on one of her "patriotic" crusades. How she hasn't got a smack or worse at this stage is surprising.

notice the video was taken outside the shop. they had clearly told her to **** off out it before she started filming.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,167 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

"Are you happy for your children to see this filth in a shop window?" Lads, don't tell her about Ann Summers, she'll have an aneurism.

That's grand though if AS are encouraging men to do their good Christian duty. Unless of course AS tweet something unforgiveable like voicing support for BLM.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 41,053 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

And it has been said time and time again the a businesses right to refuse admission does not allow them to discriminate. There are religious and possibly disability related issues that would make a person not take a vaccine and religion and disability are both grounds for discrimination.

But theres also people encouraging others to fake being disabled

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

erm, no.
    She comes across as nuts because she possibly is!

Where is she getting the money from? Who is backing her? There are lots of nut jobs out there but none have the funds that Gemma has.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭micosoft

Literally nobody except yourself is being facetious enough to believe these rules apply to people that have a medical reason why they cannot take a vaccine. Hence, as an obvious example, exemptions for guide dogs.

You don't understand discrimination legislation. It does not apply the way you think it does. Aside from of course, demonstrating that you have a religious belief prohibiting vaccination. Of course that won't stop silly people taking silly cases such as the Gemma & John case.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,167 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Where is she getting the money from? Who is backing her? There are lots of nut jobs out there but none have the funds that Gemma has.

The American right would be my guess. No end of religious zealots there with plenty of money to throw around.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Backing her for what? Doesn't cost any money to go around live streaming yourself shouting at shop windows and road workers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

Lol. I like Gemma, she's a bit mad but she does freak lefties out.......a lot!

The Nal wrote: »
    Backing her for what? Doesn't cost any money to go around live streaming yourself shouting at shop windows and road workers.

No but all those legal cases, ACI leaflets, election campaigns and bus ads cost considerable amounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,771 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

I'm FAR from a leftie. But that dope freaks me out a bit.

yeah, people being harassed because of her is gas altogether. :rolleyes:

I'm FAR from a leftie. But that dope freaks me out a bit.

to be fair it is on-message with the rest of their posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Someone's paying for this nonsense, it was in Swords over the weekend, seems to have migrated over to Blanchardstown village since.

Would be an awful pity if some of the local scrotes decided to use it for target practice.....

https://twitter.com/nnuglig/status/1335912056189562881

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Someone's paying for this nonsense, was in Swords over the weekend, seems to have migrated over to Blanchardstown village since.
    Would be an awful pity if some of the local scrotes decided to use it for target practice.....

https://twitter.com/nnuglig/status/1335912056189562881

Jesus H Christ! Why? I mean, if you believe that then you believe it but what is the motivation for paying for that sign? What's the payoff? I dont believe it's just to spread the word. There must be sinister motivations behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Jesus H Christ! Why? I mean, if you believe that then you believe it but what is the motivation for paying for that sign? What's the payoff? I dont believe it's just to spread the word. There must be sinister motivations behind it.

Also, I forgot to mention, it's outside of a GP surgery :rolleyes:

The American right would be my guess. No end of religious zealots there with plenty of money to throw around.

I think it's the left themselves backing it in order to smear nationalism. She has attacked everyone who she was supposed to be allied with such as Justin Barrett, Ben Gilroy and Delores Cahill.

• Advertisement

I think it's the left themselves backing it in order to smear nationalism. She has attacked everyone who she was supposed to be allied with such as Justin Barrett, Ben Gilroy and Delores Cahill.

Nationalism smears itself every time one of its champions opens their mouths. The left don't need to do a thing at all.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Absolute crap. Own it. You reap what you sow.

And I think they are ALL cranks. She's just the crankiest.

Nationalism smears itself every time one of its champions opens their mouths. The left don't need to do a thing at all.

So why has it been successful in other countries

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Where?

You mean like the orange loon who suggested injecting bleach to cure covid? The Brazilian grifter who went on about how it was a hoax and then caught it? The racists in Eastern Europe carving up their countries and flogging them to their mates? These paragons of virtue?

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

No but all those legal cases, ACI leaflets, election campaigns and bus ads cost considerable amounts.

Leaflets cost a few hundred. The bus though, yeah, think thats 30k. But she had a few hundred k from her husband and the Indo.

Her capital expenditure is low in general. She "works" from home and livestreams everything else.
    Someone's paying for this nonsense, it was in Swords over the weekend, seems to have migrated over to Blanchardstown village since.

Are we sure thats her? Its only as couple of grand to do that anyway.

She hasn't paid for any of her legal losses yet either has she?

Either way shes blown tens of thousands and achieved nothing in the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Discrimination law does not apply indiscriminately. There are valid grounds that it can be ignored, health and safety being one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Nah shes just painted herself into a corner now. She'll never get a job as a journalist again, or any other job for that matter and the real right leaning Irish parties want nothing to do with her so she'll never make it in politics either.

Shes completely unemployable so she has no choice but to battle on with this idiotic crusade in the hope she can eke out a living sponging donations from thickos.

Im surprised someone like John Waters has aligned himself so much with her, for a long time there he was a darling of official Ireland, column in the times, regular on rte etc. May not have agreed with him but he allways seemed to make his argument well. Then again when OI cancells you, you're gone hes not the first, maybe he has nothing to lose at this stage

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

yeah, people being harassed because of her is gas altogether. :rolleyes:

Wokery harasses us on a daily basis too.

She had a point. That card in the window! :pac:

• Advertisement

Wokery harasses us on a daily basis too.

She had a point. That card in the window! :pac:

does wokery contact you directly and give you personal abuse? you seem to find giving people personal abuse to be funny. very odd.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement