Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭dasdog

This is it wrote: »
    Any links? Sounds like gas craic

It's actually not and it's quite disturbing at times.

https://www.pscp.tv/DeeWall77749076/1OdKrVapBQvKX?t=19m40s

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

dasdog wrote: »
    It's actually not and it's quite disturbing at times.

https://www.pscp.tv/DeeWall77749076/1OdKrVapBQvKX?t=19m40s

Encouraging people to force their way into the homes of elderly relatives against the relative's will.

And the irony of her complaining about the 'disgusting names' a homeless man outside the GPO was calling them and in the same breath she calls people scumbuckets.

She's coming across as completley deranged, now. I don't see this ending well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Watching Dolores/Dee from last night; "I don't know the full facts of it" about some young one who died (allegedly by suicide......which she blames on the lockdown)......and yeah, she's getting aggressive.

Her pronunciation of "Muireann" for an Irish Patriot is er, interesint; "Mor E Anne" is how she said it repeatedly.

22.49 she quotes "someone" (always f*****g someone isn't it.....!?) as saying she sees "....bodies being taken out of the Liffey all the time up in....Cork"!

Yet again, at about 26 minutes she refers to people traveling to their protests at Garden of Remembrance, Custom House and.....the Dail; she's still confusing the GPO with the Dail......

At 28 Mins. she says she's gonna end the stream because of the comments, because she can't concentrate; the video goes on to 1 hour 20 despite this......

Turns out the lad who was interrupting her during Saturdays Rivers of Blood speech was drunk and trying to take things from under the table & calling some of the speakers names......that's Dolores take anyway.....

About 1 Hour into it there's mention of her latest protege Sandra doing a protest this Saturday @ Sen. Malcolm Byrnes office between 12 Noon & 2pm on Esmonde St. in Guaire/Gorey; it's anti-vaccine but also some baloney about him wanting to shut down "Free Speech"

Also a GPO Protest, again, at the same time.

One in Galway same time too; crikey they're all over the place ha ha!

Towards the end she has another go at Murieann with "Mor E Ann"; crikey that's grim like? Them foreign names huh Dee?

"I might come on and do another stream tomorrow night...." You do it every night Dolores

Something at the end about opening a barbers in Galway; sure that one was permitted to open today; whoever's telling her this is as uninformed as she is.

Took one for the team there by watching that......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Watching Dolores/Dee from last night; "I don't know the full facts of it" about some young one who died (allegedly by suicide......which she blames on the lockdown)......and yeah, she's getting aggressive.

Her pronunciation of "Muireann" for an Irish Patriot is er, interesint; "Mor E Anne" is how she said it repeatedly.

22.49 she quotes "someone" (always f*****g someone isn't it.....!?) as saying she sees "....bodies being taken out of the Liffey all the time up in....Cork"!

Yet again, at about 26 minutes she refers to people traveling to their protests at Garden of Remembrance, Custom House and.....the Dail; she's still confusing the GPO with the Dail......

At 28 Mins. she says she's gonna end the stream because of the comments, because she can't concentrate; the video goes on to 1 hour 20 despite this......

Turns out the lad who was interrupting her during Saturdays Rivers of Blood speech was drunk and trying to take things from under the table & calling some of the speakers names......that's Dolores take anyway.....

About 1 Hour into it there's mention of her latest protege Sandra doing a protest this Saturday @ Sen. Malcolm Byrnes office between 12 Noon & 2pm on Esmonde St. in Guaire/Gorey; it's anti-vaccine but also some baloney about him wanting to shut down "Free Speech"

Towards the end she has another go at Murieann with "Mor E Ann"; crikey that's grim like? Them foreign names huh Dee?

"I might come on and do another stream tomorrow night...." You do it every night Dolores

Something at the end about opening a barbers in Galway; sure that one was permitted to open today; whoever's telling her this is as uninformed as she is.

I admire your resilience but 1:28 of that?! Have a good long lie down today...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭Sparko

Dee seems to be inspiring others to start hosting their own live streams. Not a single brain cell between them.

https://twitter.com/KarenOC54152957/status/1331592730816909312?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,851 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Of course she's called Karen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Its clear from the videos and photos that theres a good few of that Gems/Dee lot who are - sensitively putting it - a bit bewildered, a bit challenged.

Gems and Dee don't care and will take as much of their time and what little money they have no problem but others should be a bit wary of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭francois

Sparko wrote: »
    Dee seems to be inspiring others to start hosting their own live streams. Not a single brain cell between them.

sounds if if she's had a few sleepers washed down with vodka

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭BnB

The Nal wrote: »
    Its clear from the videos and photos that theres a good few of that Gems/Dee lot who are - sensitively putting it - a bit bewildered, a bit challenged.

Gems and Dee don't care and will take as much of their time and what little money they have no problem but others should be a bit wary of it.

They are actually quite sad. It is clear that some of them need serious professional help.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

BnB wrote: »
    They are actually quite sad. It is clear that some of them need serious professional help.

My first thought when watching the above video was 'this is extremely sad'. There's a quite a few vulnerable people being taken in by Gemma/Dee's nonsense. I suspect the above lady is one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

Kingp35 wrote: »
    My first thought when watching the above video was 'this is extremely sad'. There's a quite a few vulnerable people being taken in by Gemma/Dee's nonsense. I suspect the above lady is one of them.

Yeah i was saddened by the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Howard Beale

Nokia6230i wrote: »

How the hell could you watch it if you don't like her she's usually screaming and cursing and insulting all and sundry.

The lady who commit suicide's surname is Casey. Dolores or whatever the hell it calls itself Dee or whatever says she wants to lay a wreath for her but does not know her name even! Seriously. Actually said Donna Clare on her twitter.My God. :eek:

Imagine trying to piggyback off the suicide of a mother to two teenagers and not even know the name of the person. The disrespect and ignorance is truly beyond belief. Evil cretin.

I wonder what the family have to say??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭JMNolan

I did laugh but honestly, it's a bit pitiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,334 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

JMNolan wrote: »
    I did laugh but honestly, it's a bit pitiful.

It’s like your crazy aunt learning how to use the internet!

How the hell could you watch it if you don't like her she's usually screaming and cursing and insulting all and sundry.

The lady who commit suicide's surname is Casey. Dolores or whatever the hell it calls itself Dee or whatever says she wants to lay a wreath for her but does not know her name even! Seriously. Actually said Donna Clare on her twitter.My God. :eek:

Imagine trying to piggyback off the suicide of a mother to two teenagers and not even know the name of the person. The disrespect and ignorance is truly beyond belief. Evil cretin.

I wonder what the family have to say??

I'm intrigued by you Howard. Which camp are you in ?

Genuine question. How do your views differ from Gemma and Dee ? From your few posts here and on this site, your views seem to have an awful lot in common with theirs, but yet you seem to be fairly strongly opposed to them.

I'm intrigued by you Howard. Which camp are you in ?

Genuine question. How do your views differ from Gemma and Dee ? From your few posts here and on this site, your views seem to have an awful lot in common with theirs, but yet you seem to be fairly strongly opposed to them.

I don't like what's going on incessant lockdowns, enforced vaccines etc etc to me it's incredibly draconian and wrong. The amount of suicides taking place is incredible I know of at least 4, well educated people with decent jobs and children.

I don't like Gemma and her oompa loompa Dee because they are hate filled battleaxes and discredit any genuine concerns folks may have. But their hatred knows no bounds.

Because I may agree with Gemma on certain things I must like her now? Why? Says who?

No I don't. However I do agree the state is a bunch of crooks and they couldn't care less about the public. Anyone who thinks Martin/Varadkar love us and are concerned, well I have a few magic beans for sale going there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭francois

...enforced vaccines

where?

I don't like what's going on incessant lockdowns, enforced vaccines etc etc to me it's incredibly draconian and wrong. The amount of suicides taking place is incredible I know of at least 4, well educated people with decent jobs and children.

I don't like Gemma and her oompa loompa Dee because they are hate filled battleaxes and discredit any genuine concerns folks may have. But their hatred knows no bounds.

Because I may agree with Gemma on certain things I must like her now? Why? Says who?

No I don't. However I do agree the state is a bunch of crooks and they couldn't care less about the public. Anyone who thinks Martin/Varadkar love us and are concerned, well I have a few magic beans for sale going there.

Thanks for your reply. You said you don't like Gemma and Dee because they are "hate filled battleaxes". No doubt whatsoever - They 100% are.

But you listed out your views above and they all seem to be 100% in line with Gemma & Dee's beliefs.

So - Would you say you have the same beliefs as Gemma and Dee, but you just don't like them personally (a perfectly reasonably thing BTW). Or, are there some of their political views/beliefs that you don't agree with.

I have to stress, I am just genuinely interested to understand what different different sides/groups exist and where the likes of Gemma & Dee fit into those and you seem to have a better understanding of that than I do.

Thanks for your reply. You said you don't like Gemma and Dee because they are "hate filled battleaxes". No doubt whatsoever - They 100% are.

But you listed out your views above and they all seem to be 100% in line with Gemma & Dee's beliefs.

So - Would you say you have the same beliefs as Gemma and Dee, but you just don't like them personally (a perfectly reasonably thing BTW). Or, are there some of their political views/beliefs that you don't agree with.

I have to stress, I am just genuinely interested to understand what different different sides/groups exist and where the likes of Gemma & Dee fit into those and you seem to have a better understanding of that than I do.

Your question is illogical. One minute you ask why my beliefs are 100% in line with theirs (lie 1 disagree with them on countless things and how would you know what my beliefs are anyway say for a handful of boards.ie posts)

Everyone has different beliefs. I personally am not a supporter of mandatory vaccines and rolling lockdowns ad finitum.

I can assure you my beliefs are my own. If someone else happens to have a similar one so what? Yo might agree on a few things and disagree on hundreds others. You envision a bizzare World where everyone agrees on everything if they agree on one.

Most on this forum don't realise loads of people who are against lockdowns and enforced vaccines have no time for Gemma at all. Zero. She has the same motley crew she always had but many many people questioning this stuff don't listen to her at all. Be like me saying anyone who agrees to the lockdown loves Michael Martin and hangs on his every single word with gooey eyes. It's absurd and silly.

I have met all walks of life who question the narrative at the moment who wouldn't listen to her for a second. I know Muslim folk who are against lockdown you think they are big Gemma supporters? :rolleyes:

Your assumption makes no sense as it assumes everyone who agrees on one thing must agree on everything. Like murderer Danny Nielsen loved Coca coca ergo by your logic anyone who likes Coca Cola must have views in line with his.

Believe whatever the hell you want but I can assure you Gemma and her ilk have a surprisingly small audience of 'truthers' for want of a better term.They see her for the pied piper and narcissist she is and stay away.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,986 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Your question is illogical. One minute you ask why my beliefs are 100% in line with theirs (lie 1 disagree with them on countless things and how would you know what my beliefs are anyway say for a handful of boards.ie posts)

Everyone has different beliefs. I personally am not a supporter of mandatory vaccines and rolling lockdowns ad finitum.

I can assure you my beliefs are my own. If someone else happens to have a similar one so what? Yo might agree on a few things and disagree on hundreds others. You envision a bizzare World where everyone agrees on everything if they agree on one.

Most on this forum don't realise loads of people who are against lockdowns and enforced vaccines have no time for Gemma at all. Zero. She has the same motley crew she always had but many many people questioning this stuff don't listen to her at all. Be like me saying anyone who agrees to the lockdown loves Michael Martin and hangs on his every single word with gooey eyes. It's absurd and silly.

I have met all walks of life who question the narrative at the moment who wouldn't listen to her for a second. I know Muslim folk who are against lockdown you think they are big Gemma supporters? :rolleyes:

Your assumption makes no sense as it assumes everyone who agrees on one thing must agree on everything. Like murderer Danny Nielsen loved Coca coca ergo by your logic anyone who likes Coca Cola must have views in line with his.

Believe whatever the hell you want but I can assure you Gemma and her ilk have a surprisingly small audience of 'truthers' for want of a better term.They see her for the pied piper and narcissist she is and stay away.

Yeah but like it is true though what BnB said; its inconsistent calling Dee and Gemma hate filled battleaxes when you went on some fairly hate filled ranting above

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭dasdog

Gemma taking a pot shot at Hermann Kelly and the IFP. Perhaps Howard is an IFP associate or member?

https://twitter.com/aciquestion/status/1334246426138849280?s=20
    She also references Nuremberg in another clip.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

her partner is almost certainly called gordon

...or Tesco value gin...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,986 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Wonder it will be long till Gemma starts asking about Dolores castle.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

You're getting very defensive and I'm not really sure why. I am genuinely just trying to understand the various groups in this thing.

I in no way said that all your views are 100% in line with Gemma and Dee's. I said that based on your posts here they are, but, as you said yourself, you only have a handful of posts here and I wouldn't pretend/claim to know all your political views based on those alone.

But the posts you have here are all in line with Gemma and Dee's views. So all I am genuinely asking is, where do you differ? Is it just that the two of them are raving lunatics or are there specific views of theirs that you differ on?

Again, I am just trying to understand the opposing sides here. I don't have any agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Piehead

Wtf was that ? Seems to be a drunk simpleton or a lunatic asylum escapee?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Piehead wrote: »
    Wtf was that ? Seems to be a drunk simpleton or a lunatic asylum escapee?

Nothing much loaded for me; just few seconds of her carpet/some furniture in the front room.

What's that exposing? Dust? That the carpet needs a vaccum?

Mind = Blown!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Which camp are you in ?

I think there is a significant modern tendency* for people genuinely trying to understand our increasingly fractured and frankly bizarre society by putting people on sides, or in camps thereby polarizing them in an attempt to reduce the complexity of the environment.

Its really difficult to engage with people who will take one opinion on one matter and pigeonhole you in with a gang of nutters as a result.

*(Probably well intentioned, attempting to view things inclusively and essential to finding common ground for discourse and debate)

I disagree with Lockdowns and Masks from a mental health perspective because it really does impact people in a negative way. On the other hand for the greater good of society, it is practically the only measure a government can take in such a close-knit interactive society as Ireland.
    When the health care system is under the kind of pressure a covid outbreak can exert, the state has a responsibility to the nation to protect not just the general public, but the healthcare workers and other state employees that are owed a duty of care.
    Of course it is a complex situation balancing the health of workers and vulnerable citizens against the civil liberties and mental wellbeing of those whom the virus will probably have minimal impact.

For a point on effectiveness, Melbourne, Greater Victoria and the rest of Australia is a good example of the effectiveness of such measures.
    They had community spreads in the hundreds of cases per day and they came down on it with everything they had.
    Queensland by comparison has only reached double digits two or three times since the pandemic began. The response in Queensland by closing the borders to interstate travel was widely criticized at the time by the other states (particularly NSW) but it worked as a fundamental low-cost measure that allowed the state to get on with business as usual (with some social distancing conventions in place)
    One of the main differences with the Australian situation was the level of communication from government. The State premiers fronted up to the media on a daily basis (While enquiries into failures was ongoing) providing the best information, answering all sorts of inane questions (From the Murdoch press particularly) and built a level of trust with the populace that helped them hold their nerve, they provided additional support and resources for the inevitable upsurge in DV and MH cases to help people through.

I don't know the exact ins and outs of how it has been handled in Ireland, but it seems their answer was to whack together another Quango to do the leg work while the elected officials sat around doing a whole lot of bugger all. They could learn a lot from over here.

Meantime many of the same people that were bleating about masks and lockdowns will turn around and stick on their anti-vaccination hats in very short order when that is proposed as the alternative to lockdowns and masks. Its great when you can have your cake and eat it but their attitude is tiresome. They bring no solutions only division and resentment.

In short, they are trolls. They survive on negativity and opposition. It doesn't matter what the decision is, they exist to critique and blame. It is purely a manifestation of their own psyche. They are running away from something in their lives, they are looking for someone to blame for how their lives have gone and after long enough pointing fingers, that is all they know how to do.

Under self examination, if they look close enough, every finger they point leaves 3 fingers pointing back at themselves. The only way to kill a troll is starvation. Starve them of attention, Starve them of oxygen, Starve them of reaction. Then they are just random isolated crackpots shouting at the clouds.
    Some day they will cross a line with the wrong person and end up in the clink or in a program to give them the help they need.

Don't post up links of these trolls because every link will get at least one click and every click rewards them and feeds them.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

I think there is a significant modern tendency* for people genuinely trying to understand our increasingly fractured and frankly bizarre society by putting people on sides, or in camps thereby polarizing them in an attempt to reduce the complexity of the environment.

Its really difficult to engage with people who will take one opinion on one matter and pigeonhole you in with a gang of nutters as a result.

*(Probably well intentioned, attempting to view things inclusively and essential to finding common ground for discourse and debate)

I disagree with Lockdowns and Masks from a mental health perspective because it really does impact people in a negative way. On the other hand for the greater good of society, it is practically the only measure a government can take in such a close-knit interactive society as Ireland.
    When the health care system is under the kind of pressure a covid outbreak can exert, the state has a responsibility to the nation to protect not just the general public, but the healthcare workers and other state employees that are owed a duty of care.
    Of course it is a complex situation balancing the health of workers and vulnerable citizens against the civil liberties and mental wellbeing of those whom the virus will probably have minimal impact.

For a point on effectiveness, Melbourne, Greater Victoria and the rest of Australia is a good example of the effectiveness of such measures.
    They had community spreads in the hundreds of cases per day and they came down on it with everything they had.
    Queensland by comparison has only reached double digits two or three times since the pandemic began. The response in Queensland by closing the borders to interstate travel was widely criticized at the time by the other states (particularly NSW) but it worked as a fundamental low-cost measure that allowed the state to get on with business as usual (with some social distancing conventions in place)
    One of the main differences with the Australian situation was the level of communication from government. The State premiers fronted up to the media on a daily basis (While enquiries into failures was ongoing) providing the best information, answering all sorts of inane questions (From the Murdoch press particularly) and built a level of trust with the populace that helped them hold their nerve, they provided additional support and resources for the inevitable upsurge in DV and MH cases to help people through.

I don't know the exact ins and outs of how it has been handled in Ireland, but it seems their answer was to whack together another Quango to do the leg work while the elected officials sat around doing a whole lot of bugger all. They could learn a lot from over here.

Meantime many of the same people that were bleating about masks and lockdowns will turn around and stick on their anti-vaccination hats in very short order when that is proposed as the alternative to lockdowns and masks. Its great when you can have your cake and eat it but their attitude is tiresome. They bring no solutions only division and resentment.

In short, they are trolls. They survive on negativity and opposition. It doesn't matter what the decision is, they exist to critique and blame. It is purely a manifestation of their own psyche. They are running away from something in their lives, they are looking for someone to blame for how their lives have gone and after long enough pointing fingers, that is all they know how to do.

Under self examination, if they look close enough, every finger they point leaves 3 fingers pointing back at themselves. The only way to kill a troll is starvation. Starve them of attention, Starve them of oxygen, Starve them of reaction. Then they are just random isolated crackpots shouting at the clouds.
    Some day they will cross a line with the wrong person and end up in the clink or in a program to give them the help they need.

Don't post up links of these trolls because every link will get at least one click and every click rewards them and feeds them.

NPHET isnt a quango that was set up during the pandemic, its always been there. You just didnt know about it because......there was no public health emergency.

Also, where do masks have an impact on mental health?!?!

You say the situation was handled well in Australia where they have regular info out to citizens yet NPHET was regularly criticised during the summer for putting out too much info!

Also, NPHET members are regularly in the media along with the likes of Paul Reid clearly discussing current situations and the path we have been on.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

enforced vaccines etc

You've mentioned 3 or 4 times now about enforced vaccines. What the hell are you on about? Theres no mandatory vaccination programme in Ireland at the moment and I can guarantee you the Covid Vaccine wont be forced on people. You seem to be implying a sinister agenda around vaccinations which are 1 of the greatest medical advancements we have ever achieved

FYI, I think everyone should get the vaccine but I think they should choose to get it. I will be getting it (like my flu jab every year) and will be encouraging patients and relatives/friends to get it

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,202 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I don't like what's going on incessant lockdowns, enforced vaccines etc etc to me it's incredibly draconian and wrong. .

When your initial starting point (enforced / mandatory vaccines) is a fallacy..... Then everything after that has to wrong as well.

Take a step back and consider this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement